TommyDee

Vaporitor
'Soap-stones' are machinable with conventional tools. Price goes 10x on diamond tools for crystalline stones. Every cut is a risk of fracture upping it 10x more. Can be done but you may get one out of 8 attempts. It's certainly not a hard cut. It can be turned from one side with the right tools. Heck, marble and granite are in the same regime if not boring. Ruby and Sapphire... now you've stepped on board. And it is doable. Here the price is the same with the material as an adder. Zirconium mouthpiece? No problem! Emerald? Sure! I could be satisfied with Tiger Eye.

Now Latimum... I don't know. It might just melt tooling.

Dynalowrider

Who ever is making mouth-pieces I would like to purchase a vc magnetically attracted to a magnet. I have a rack, (not pretty),that I can rotate a vc over a torch, with the mouth-piece touching a cow bell.I want to put a magnet on the cowbell attracting the m.p. When the vc clicks it dings the bell. I tried just resting it on the bell, but when you spin the vc it breaks contact with the bell. Just trying to turn up the volume of the click.
Doc

Planck

believes in Dog
LOL... I could just tease George with one :whip:

Alumina tube 7x5x100 $9.92 eBay; one left. ...after I tagged the other one. Will be here in a week.

[...]

49410377438_7362a2ff24_b.jpg

'19 MQ XL :party: [thanks @Planck ]

That turned out great! Very nice lines and super clean work. :clap:

You have a flair for teh line. I believe one has it or not.

Hans Wegner Designed 1949 "The Chair"
Hans-wegner-round-chair-pp-mobler_Dezeen_sq.jpg

Superb design imo and very challenging to make. Looks simple, rarely is.
That would be my perfect vapcap accessory with a matching TD stem.

stark1

Lonesome Planet
That turned out great! Very nice lines and super clean work. :clap:

You have a flair for teh line. I believe one has it or not.

Hans Wegner Designed 1949 "The Chair"

Superb design imo and very challenging to make. Looks simple, rarely is.
That would be my perfect vapcap accessory with a matching TD stem.

Nice eye candy. :hmm:

Where exactly do you put teh VC tip ¿ :ko:

Promise REAL-ized :tup:

Nice, like Eero’s “stem”, Grasshopper

(Creator of the Arch in the “Show Me” state)

‘Cap on.

Derivative from which

Love my OG, love my Big Mac

Last edited:

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT

Love my OG, love my Big Mac
On the way home from school 2 Big Mac’s, Fry’s & strawberry shake was a nice snack!
Back back yard had weed’s (cannabis) growing wild?
PAPER Joint’s is all we had or some kind of fruit or vegetable to make a pipe?
Sometimes a empty toilet paper roll, aluminum foil, rubber bands for a pipe?
A “M” would be so welcomed?

beyond6strings

Just another traveller in the Cannaverse
On the way home from school 2 Big Mac’s, Fry’s & strawberry shake was a nice snack!
Back back yard had weed’s (cannabis) growing wild?
PAPER Joint’s is all we had or some kind of fruit or vegetable to make a pipe?
Sometimes a empty toilet paper roll, aluminum foil, rubber bands for a pipe?
A “M” would be so welcomed?

It's funny. I always leaned towards pipes in my combustible youth. At one point the more elaborate the better, and then I ended up for a very long time using a dugout/bat and the occasional bong in the years preceding vaporizing. So to a certain extent it was quite easy moving into vaping because I already had an eye out for the cool toys.

But yes, an M would have been very welcome back in the early 70's. Me and my friends would have had a wonderful time with the magical 'M'.

Speaking of which; Dynavap certainly scratched that dugout itch. But it wasn't until I found the Simrell Vortex that I truly enjoyed using my vapcap natively. I've found out that it doesn't matter if I use a torch or an IH, what matters is the stem I use. And for native use the Vortex is the only one that consistently gives me hits that don't irritate my lungs. I don't know why-I just know it's true. Better flavor and overall vapor.

And that's allowed me to gift my previous favorite, the Omni XL, to my favorite niece who lost her M. I think she'll like it a lot.

But that brings me to the BB9, which I think of as the Blue-Balled Beast. It is absolutely the best thing Dynavap has come out with in the past year, and they've come out with some cool shit. I had a cold the last couple weeks and hadn't touched it. Had my first session with it and I'm so blown away (fucked up). I've actually come to love the carb since it acts like a carb. It is hands down the best water stem I have for the vapcap, and I have way too many to count. But it's the best; great flavor, great 'response', and very large cool hits.

Cheers FCers!

hinglemccringleberry

I am a little confused why folks want an airport in condenserless stems.
Easiest question I'll answer all day. Because not having that hole was an uncomfortable experience. I gave away my stem without a hole and don't miss it. I need the option of additional fresh air from the device for an experience that's dialed to my liking. If I had no choice but a stem with no airport, I would quit vapcapping. After trying both, that's my story and I'm sticking with it.

Last edited:

notams

toke down Babylon
Question:

Does pressure on the airhole change anything?

Lousy way of asking this.... What I mean is... Am I imagining a change in the turbulence, airflow, temperature, pressure.... Ummmm something, when I squeeze my device with the airhole squeezed tight versus just "covered"?

There are some occasions when I feel compelled by any of the following :
-- great flavor
-- great part of the song
--stab of pain
--saluting the bowl with a 'hell yeah'
--etc.... When I squeeze my VapCap like it owes me money, like it's an ex wife's throat, like I'm trying to squeeze the last drop out of that bowl.

I'm sure you've done it: squeezed the life out of it while inhaling. Does that alter anything other than just simply obscuring the airhole by gently placing a finger over the hole?

If it does, could someone kindly explain what is happening. Is this all just in my head? Admittedly, there are a lot of odd sensations my brain sends out.

For refererence, if anyone thinks it affects the performance from device to device, I'm using the 2019 M stock. With a single flame torch. Listening to Pizies / David Bowie / Slightly Stoopid playlist. So, it is weird.

TommyDee

Vaporitor
Really? :razz:
You could have some leaks around your fingerprints perhaps. Generally we pretty much close a carb well with a medium-light press.
There are many variations in the air port design and those may just be leaking.
I look at my '18-M body and see potential leakers.​

thejackalsmark

Just another "Person Of Interest"
Question:

Does pressure on the airhole change anything?

David Bowie / Slightly Stoopid playlist. So, it is weird.

There's your culprit. Bowie does that every time! :rofl:

Seriously, though, I'm thinking it's more a psychological effect, than anything measurable.

If anything, the effect your noticing is probably, just from the tightening and tensing of your muscles and the extra burning of oxygen internally from the tightening of those muscles, etc.

It's you. Not the vc. :tup:

Happy Vaping! :leaf:

grogazola

Been eyeing a 18 Shadow M - would you all shell out the extra $30-$40 for the 19M?

Just picked up an induction heater and I want to get a new piece for it...

Last edited:

grogazola

Yeah, there’s no doubt that that airhole is hard to find on the 18M. I just end up playing it like a flute - trying to find the right note (carb)

When do the refresh units come out? When did the 18M and 19M come out? I like buying last years model :)

Might just buy a PhantoM 19. Looks awesome!

Are all the airflow issues worked out on the 19M?

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
Yeah, there’s no doubt that that airhole is hard to find on the 18M. I just end up playing it like a flute - trying to find the right note (carb)

Now that I'm using an IH there is no issue with finding the air carb on my stem anymore. Since you don't need to twirl the vc when heating, you can keep your finger on the carb from the get go.

I am still in absolute awe of the vape experience you get with an induction heater. The uniform heating makes the vc tip a perfect heating chamber. I still do not know how I can blow so many fucking clouds from one small bowl of herb. Even in my log vape, the heating is designed that extraction happens quickly. Within 3 hits you've gotten as much from the herb that it's going to give up. With the IH, my vapcap blows one rich cloud after the next, like 6,8, maybe 10 hits of decent vapor. I just don't know where it all comes from. It's like a menorah vape now. :spliff:

Last edited:

wombat24

zealot - church of the blessed dynayap

When do the refresh units come out? When did the 18M and 19M come out? I like buying last years model :)

Might just buy a PhantoM 19. Looks awesome!

Are all the airflow issues worked out on the 19M?

I would definitely go for the phantoM over the shadow - no rust issues.

Top Bottom