NYC_Frank

"A man with no vices is a man with no virtues"
A twist you say.....
We couldn't have timed that better @stark1.
IMG-20190729-153809.jpg

If you haven't taken a look at this beauty up close make sure you do

What a work of art ...

20190731-173028.jpg

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
Does anyone run with the air port fully open, if so why and what is the difference.

Will try it myself once I'm done with my tea break.

Cheers

I use mine both ways, depending on mood.
I use my carbless stems something like 70% of the time these days. Though sometimes I'm in the mood to use my M with the card open most of the pull. So, it really just depends on what kind of experience I'm feeling like having at the moment. I don't always wh=ant the same kind of experience every time if I can help it.

beyond6strings

Just another traveller in the Cannaverse
I’ve been falling back in love with my vapcaps ever since I got my Caldron IH from @Pipes early in July.

And I’ve noticed something recently. I had been packing my tips like I used to with a dugout. Really pack it densely. But I’ve been using stems with no air inlet or the air inlet closed.

The past couple of days I’ve been using the straw method to fill the tip and then lightly tamp. I don’t get as many heat cycles but I do get much better flavor and more even extraction.

Has anyone else noticed this?

warren0728

I’ve been falling back in love with my vapcaps ever since I got my Caldron IH from @Pipes early in July.

And I’ve noticed something recently. I had been packing my tips like I used to with a dugout. Really pack it densely. But I’ve been using stems with no air inlet or the air inlet closed.

The past couple of days I’ve been using the straw method to fill the tip and then lightly tamp. I don’t get as many heat cycles but I do get much better flavor and more even extraction.

first off i agree ... i love my @Pipes caldron! i have also found that a loose pack in the dynavap is better ... i also find using the straw method and lightly tamping is best ... i sometimes forget and pack it too tightly and then for the next bowl i pack it lightly and the difference is obvious!

beyond6strings

Just another traveller in the Cannaverse
first off i agree ... i love my @Pipes caldron! i have also found that a loose pack in the dynavap is better ... i also find using the straw method and lightly tamping is best ... i sometimes forget and pack it too tightly and then for the next bowl i pack it lightly and the difference is obvious!

And I find it way easier to unload with the straw method. And I think it'll be easier to keep clean too.

The biggest difference for me is that the first heating cycle is the biggest and tastiest this way. With other packing methods it's usually the 2nd for me. The second hit is nice and tasty, but not nearly as large, and the third one is wispy and then it's time to tamp it out.

Ultimately I'm getting better overall extraction too. I noticed the ABV from the dense packs had some light areas even after 5 or more heating cycles and it was hard to unload cuz it was still pretty sticky.

yeswecann

Totally. Since the Caldron, I've packed light with plenty of headroom between the material and the cap. I use the tip of my pinky and a twirling motion with the stem/tip to lightly tamp and clean up the edges. I grind fine in a BCG (LOVE THAT THING). I typically go three cycles but can push it to 6 still getting vapor, resulting in semi sweet chocolate ABV. All this through Ed's WPA and a Hemper Turbine (5"). 19 M tip.
Light pack gives better airflow too, an inherent constraint of Dynavap's design.

stark1

Lonesome Planet
Uses LR44, wonder what the throw is.
& a coupla Lumens?

Interesting idea,
someone came up with it oh, a hundred pages or so ago. ;)

I’d get one— if it had the DynaVap logo.

Being in a legal state sucks, you can’t have fun sneaking around, no mo.

Last edited:

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Am I the only Dynavap user who likes using the airport hole? :lol:
I just can't get into this whole carbless thing.
All my VC have condensers other than my DDave wands. And I use the air port on all the VCs that have it other than the couple that are dedicated for water use. The dedicated Vongs I use with the condenser because I like using wood and don't want to have to clean honey from it.

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017

I pack vacuum/straw style when I'm at home and relaxing, with my Ti tips.
I pack from my Dynastash "dugout" when I'm out and about, with my steel tips.

thejackalsmark

Just another "Person Of Interest"

Uses LR44, wonder what the throw is.
& a coupla Lumens?

Interesting idea,
someone came up with it oh, a hundred pages or so ago. ;)

I’d get one— if it had the DynaVap logo.

Being in a legal state sucks, you can’t have fun sneaking around, no mo.

Am I the only one who feels like this is a total gimmick?

I only want to know ONE thing.
It's NOT covered in the video,
NOR is it covered on dynavap's website... :shrug:

How MANY seconds ,
should I wait,
past "The Click",
with that thing? :brow:

I swear, that "condenser" inside, looks like another ENTIRE dynavap!
(a BIT of overkill, imho) :smug:

AND "carbless" too?
A BOLD offering, George! :clap:
:lol::rofl::lol:

Happy Vaping! :tup: :rockon:

Last edited:

danielj

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
The majority of us live in "non compliant" states and countries. Some folks really depend upon stealth products

The flashlight is a good stealthy format. I have 3 tactical flashlights, and have pondered on what itvwould take to make a vapcap stealth stash. Having it be an actual flashlight is one must have..being smellproof is the other. No one is likely to give ia flaslight any notice, except if its in an enclosed shoulderbag or something, and when the bag is opened ... you can smell that smell. A high level of smellproof-ity (sp) is needed if the item is in an small, enclosed area.

I watched the DV life, and the guys stated that the light isnt waterproof, wouldnt confirm that its smell proof...sorta,mostly.... Well, tactical flashlights have waterproof seals, so we know smell proof is possible in a flashlight format

I guess the value of the Stashlight depends on if its smell resistance suits your needs

Sitting out on the coffee table, and being stuffed inside a travel bag are two different matters. Im sure some will test the product and post their opinions. In any case, its going to be more stealthy, and more smellproof, than those wooden dugouts

have a great, and stealthy weekend

thejackalsmark

Serious Time...

My humor, aside,
@danielj is absolutely right about how IMPORTANT stealth can be to a LOT of people!

Fair warning, on cute
"Stealth Carry" - style items like this. If it's NOT waterproof, it's definitely not SMELLPROOF!

If you travel by air, DO NOT use this or similar, to carry your device in!

EVEN if it were water/smell proof, TSA almost ALWAYS searches flashlights!

It's Not worth the potential
LOSS of:

* Your device!
* Your money in fines, etc!
* Your freedom if arrested!
* MAYBE worse if it's in a country where they STILL DO the "Death Penalty" for possession/"trafficking"!

It IS a serious game with VERY serious consequences, for MANY!

Please Be careful, out there guys and gals!

Happy Vaping!

Last edited:

DogBoy

know fear
...even where legal, it is not legal to indulge in public or in your vehicle...

...along with fines and penalties, you can lose your certification , as well as your devise and materials...

thejackalsmark

...even where legal, it is not legal to indulge in public or in your vehicle...

...along with fines and penalties, you can lose your certification , as well as your devise and materials...

Yep!

A good rule of thumb, is:

DO NOT Vape marijuana, EVEN if you're in a recreationally LEGAL state or place, ANYWHERE that you would NOT LEGALLY be able to OPENLY consume a BEER or ALCOHOLIC beverage.

Failure to heed that piece of advice CAN land you an open intoxicants or public intoxication charge.

"When In Doubt...
DON'T Do That!"

Push come to shove, I'm MORE than happy to simply WAIT till I return to the relatively safe and private confines of HOME to partake.

The hassles of "getting caught", AREN'T worth it.

The "System" is DESIGNED that way...

To an extent, for GOOD reason.

Just my :2c:

Happy Vaping! :wave:

Last edited:
Top Bottom