• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

warren0728

i just got my caldron in today as and i love it. the first thing is ... it is a lot smaller than i envisioned which is great ... it's the only ih i have tried but it works great! i'll try and post pics tomorrow ... if anyone is on the fence about getting one just do it ... you won't regret it!

thanks @Pipes !

Anyone ever have issues with o-rings not fitting? I’m talking about not being able to fit the tip into the stem cleanly due to the o-rings getting squished together. I had this issue intermittently with my Woodscents stems, but now I’m also having the issue with my Omnivap stem, which has never happened before.

The issue started after cleaning (iso soaked everything including the o-rings). Can iso impact the shape of the o-rings? I tried using a ton of Dynawax, but that didn’t fix the issue. Really strange. My solution for now was to ditch two of the o-rings, leaving just the larger one at the top, plus a second one on the middle notch. Fits easily, but maybe not quite as secure.

danielj

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
A twist you say.....
We couldn't have timed that better @stark1.
IMG-20190729-153809.jpg

unbelievable!
your skill at doing the spiral stems has reached the "youve got to be kidding me" stage.
I have some small concept of what it takes to produce that...count me impressed!

RogueGuy

Accessory Maker
@stark1 nice collection of Old School DV!!

@phattpiggie Beautiful. The light wood really lets the green pop!

@nonamekevin gona try your coil technique

@SquanchKava both @danielj and @cybrguy are correct about using the x ring on a vong. It does technically work but it is not a high heat o ring. @danielj and I discussed this and we were unable to locate any made of medical grade materials like the ones on the tip.

@letter never sent best practices is to wipe down your silicone parts with ISO as opposed to soaking. I have noticed that heat, ISO and time will effect your O rings and make them not work all of a sudden. Sometimes they will work on other tips or in other stems. its good to have a little supply of them.

@thejackalsmark that video was cool and showed it well. It was much different in its first iteration.

Off topic, but this is what we are dealing with in Southern Oregon. The smoke season has started and it will probably be a month or two of smoke.
20190728-191131.jpg

Last edited:

sag

Off topic, but this is what we are dealing with in Southern Oregon. The smoke season has started and it will probably be a month or two of smoke.
20190728-191131.jpg
Wow! RG I read it was bad down there but it appears worst than I thought. Last year us northerners got hit hard with smoke. Keep up your work on the accessory line. All good.

Modnote: Fixed quote tags

Last edited by a moderator:

thejackalsmark

Just another "Person Of Interest"
Fake global warming, according to POTUS...

POTUS... (Aka: Pain On The UnderSide.)

Aahhh, yes... THIS........

*crickets chirping*

..... guy.
Trump-Vaping-ad.jpg

While the Vaping industry as a whole, was hoping for our boy to ease restrictions and regulations on ALL that is Vaping, and hoping for THIS...
IMG-20190730-175941-895.jpg

(C'mon, even in a humorous, photoshopped picture, you KNEW He wouldn't be cool enough to be holding A Dynavap. lol)

Unfortunately, his little "Tariff war" with China, has made Vaping about 25% MORE expensive, for AT LEAST cartridge Vapers.

https://www.leafly.com/news/politics/trumps-china-tariffs-leading-to-shoddier-pricier-vape-carts

ONLY potentially "GOOD" news...

One MORE reason to buy a Dynavap! :tup:

Happy Vaping! :leaf:
home-page-image-separator4v4.jpg

Last edited:

thejackalsmark

Am I the only Dynavap user who likes using the airport hole? :lol:
I just can't get into this whole carbless thing.

I think it just REALLY depends on the stem and what YOU'RE using that particular stem FOR.

I own a NonaVong XLS, and Shadow M, but for the last couple of months or so, I've been using nothing but OG Style glass stems with NO carb.

For simple HAND-HELD use, I've gotten so used to using a
CARB-LESS glass stem, that I can apply the SAME hitting style to virtually ANY carbed stem, with the carb covered, and get the SAME results.

So, now, carb or NO carb, makes no real difference to me
in comfort or function. :D

I now only OCCASIONALLY,
break out the Vong or Shadow,
To use through my bong, because...

1. It IS nice to have a carb "available" when using them with a bong.
(More to clear the bong after hitting, than for Air vs Vapor ratio)

AND...

2. Basically to JUSTIFY the fact that I spent "X" Dollars, on 2 stems that SIT in plastic tubes the REST of the time. :nod:

In the end, CHOICE is King! :tup:

One of the BIGGIES that makes the Dynavaps, such a GREAT Vaping option!

SO many choices, SO little time!
:rofl:

Happy Vaping! :leaf: :smug:

Last edited:

thejackalsmark

I guess for me it's like having to drive an automatic when you're a big fan of driving stick.

That's a great analogy, AND very similar to the debate of Torches vs Induction Heaters.

Torches offer VERY customizable CONTROL over your Vaping experience, while IH's offer Convenience and measurable consistency, (Not to mention OUTSTANDING savings on butane. LOL) which can be EXTREMELY important when it comes to TESTING new stems or very SPECIFIC medicinal microdosing.

With BOTH topics,
carb vs. No carb,
and torches versus induction heaters, there's usually a time and a place for EVERY option, and of course, there IS no "right or wrong".

Only what's "right" for YOU. :tup:

HOWEVER, in the
"Interest Of Science", I will...
"Take a Hit/Hits" for the team, and revisit ALL 4 options, and TEST them very, VERY thoroughly, tonight. :nod: :rofl: :rockon:

Happy Vaping! :spliff::popcorn: :smug:

Last edited:

RogueGuy

Accessory Maker
That’s not the Oregon I remember.

Fake global warming, according to POTUS....

Delhi 2019

Beijing 2019

Meanwhile, back on earth

@stark1 thats what it feels like. People walk around in masks, my wife wont let the kids play outside!!

@mccringleberry I agree with @thejackalsmark its kind of dependent on what stem you happen to be using. But I have taken to the practice of running all the carbed stems open, and just using my finger. I do find I just forget to use it a lot.

thejackalsmark

SquanchKava

This morning my battery died in my IH. I have my daily drivers 2018 M stems with XL mp's set up carbless. When I switched back over to the torch, the vape seemed hotter and the taste seemed to go burnt popcorn faster.
I had been trying to figure out why I have been finding my airport blocked M stems cooler than my glass stems. And for a while I was leaving one M stem with airport open and one closed with the IH and was finding the open one hotter and less flavor. I think that flips from going from torch to Induction Heater use.
And with my concentrate DV I use torch and keep the airport open.

NYC_Frank

"A man with no vices is a man with no virtues"
First... Niiiice Ride!

Second...
I just learned something new, today.

I thought you guys were finally "Rec Legal", in NYC, now.

Silly me. smh. :doh:

"After Aug. 27 it'll be a $50 ticket for under one ounce, or $200 for one to two ounces, statewide."

First off, i caught that picture online ... not mine, although i do have a 1991 6 speed racing green vette I've been lucky to drive since 1995 .... i just fell in love with that blue beauty when i saw it earlier in the day and had to post :)

As @mccringleberry and others posted, the control you get in a Dynavap session with a single torch and playing that airport like a flute is like driving a manual transmission car ... vroom

As for NYC legalization yeah i was hoping big time but someday it'll happen .... for now we'll just have to take our chances just like I have for the past 45 years ... boy ...that made me feel old :myday: ....

Last edited:
Top Bottom