danielj

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
yes the machining is one thing..source materials are another. I dont know wher DV gets their 5mm tubing, but just about all the stuff on ebay and amazon are Chinese Sources. There can be tolerance variation, but that true now days with most all sources.

I was really surprised when I actually measured my fractional drill bit sets...It never occured to me that the drill bits would not be the actual size. I then discovered they do it on purpose 1) to save a bit of money and 2) so that the finish drill hole wont be oversized. Getting to the actual size is done with reamers $$$!

Why stainless steel tubibg cant be acurately sized, I dont fathom
and why I cant type on the ipad without making typos - Intry try to catch all of them before hitting post...

Last edited:

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
yes the machining is one thing..source materials are another. I dont know wher DV gets their 5mm tubing, but just about all the stuff on ebay and amazon are Chinese Sources. There can be tolerance variation, but that true now days with most all sources.

I was really surprised when I actually measured my fractional drill bit sets...It never occured to me that the drill bits would not be the actual size. I then discovered they do it on purpose 1) to save a bit of money and 2) so that the finish drill hole wont be oversized. Getting to the actual size is done with reamers $$$!

Why stainless steel tubibg cant be acurately sized, I dont fathom
and why I cant type on the ipad without making typos - Intry try to catch all of them before hitting post...

Just like 2x4 wood boards are actually 1.5" x 3.5" because that's what they can legally get away with.

I've never been much of a water guy, but Vapcaps seem to work so well with glass, especially with the Vongs. So, I decided to grab a Vong stem + a Sneaky Pete globe. VAS was calling and I figured this little set up is cheaper than buying a new vape. :lol:

I realized I'm now $500 deep into the Dynaverse in less than 6 months. M starter kit, PSM, Omnivap, glass set up...You guys weren't kidding...

armani

Professional Stoner
What does it mean if the top half of the load is dark and the bottom half (closest to screen) of the load is yellow/brown? I empty when I stop getting meaningful amount of vapor (after about 6 hits from a water piece)
using a medium grind and packing by sucking like a straw so it's fluffy, doesn't go above bowl, and using a single torch and oscillate and move at about the same rate as George in his single torch video, trying to get even heating as best I can

What do I need to change in my technique so it gets heated evenly?

I just fill my load with the palm of my hand and heat with a single torch at the bottom furthest away from the top of the tip while spinning. no need to have it fluffy, just fill the bowl to almost top.

Works like a charm each time.
Be sure to hold the flame away from the top, you might be getting a pre-mature click.

mrb

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
What does it mean if the top half of the load is dark and the bottom half (closest to screen) of the load is yellow/brown? I empty when I stop getting meaningful amount of vapor (after about 6 hits from a water piece)
using a medium grind and packing by sucking like a straw so it's fluffy, doesn't go above bowl, and using a single torch and oscillate and move at about the same rate as George in his single torch video, trying to get even heating as best I can

What do I need to change in my technique so it gets heated evenly?

Heat nearer the fins on the tip maybe?

mrb

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
After nearly a month of owning the m19 and with an upgrade(ti tip) i think its one of the strongest vapes in the market.. I need only two bowls and im floored.. Very satisfied.. I think will never buy another vape

Agreed! Two Ms with T tips were my first happy year of DVing. Then I discovered how light the titanium was and how lovely the mouthpieces were on the lips :)

And I'm not sure I'll ever but another vape again either. If a working Grasshopper ever existed then maybe. But my fury2 is pretty perfect and i just don't seem to use it much at all..

Marcus

Well, my replacement ti tip has arrived from over the pond and... it's identical to the other one. :lol:

Machining overrun on the top fin and the screen won't stay put in the higher grooves. (yes I've tried different screens and yes they're perfectly flat.)
On the plus side they did send me a new wooden stem and both tips do stay put in that one.

:tup: I can live with it. :tup:

:rolleyes:

If the 'machining overrun on the top fin"' is what I think it is, it's not a flaw. I noticed it on one of mine a long time ago and it was the general consensus that it was on all tips and was intentional.

Like this?.....

2qdr0j9.jpg

Last edited:

Marcus

If the 'machining overrun on the top fin"' is what I think it is, it's not a flaw. I noticed it on one of mine a long time ago and it was the general consensus that it was on all tips and was intentional.

Like this?.....

2qdr0j9.jpg

Yes, so that's intentional? It's only on one side too, quite a deep sharp notch on the old tip. DV thought it justified a replacement though. :hmm: The new tip it isn't so pronounced, but is still there. I got no problem with it, just thought it was a QC issue. I only emailed them to let them know, a bit of a heads up. I really didn't expect a replacement.

It seems more probable (to me) that the fault is in the wooden stem....?

Yes, the new stem is spot on now. :tup: But my 18M stainless tip fits the stem ok. :hmm:

Still lose the screen when dumping the load though unless it's wedged right down in the base.

As said, I can live with it, just gotta be careful when dumping or i spend most of the night on my hands and knees rummaging through my carpet after dropping it when trying to put it back in when a bit stoned. :rofl:

:tup:

just gotta be careful when dumping or i spend most of the night on my hands and knees rummaging through my carpet

Sounds a bit dodgy, eh.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dynalowrider

I never did get a response. The reason I even asked is, there was an issue with the spot welder leaving three bumps in the Omni condenser. Some people sanded them out. Doc
It was an Omni and @AtomicPB was the one with the problem.
The part that screws in and out on the condenser, it is spot welded inside the condenser and sometimes leaves three bumps in the condenser. It can be sanded out.

Last edited:

Ricardo

Still lose the screen when dumping the load though unless it's wedged right down in the base.

As said, I can live with it, just gotta be careful when dumping or i spend most of the night on my hands and knees rummaging through my carpet after dropping it when trying to put it back in when a bit stoned. :rofl:

:shrug: strange that. And there's nothing more satisfying than blowing your load over the balcony when you've finished :razz:
Easily fixed though, with an appropriately sized Jesús clip either side of the screen. This fix also converts the humble M tip into an 'Adjust-a-bowl' for us microdosers :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:

Marcus

:shrug: strange that. And there's nothing more satisfying than blowing your load over the balcony when you've finished :razz:
Easily fixed though, with an appropriately sized Jesús clip either side of the screen. This fix also converts the humble M tip into an 'Adjust-a-bowl' for us microdosers :cool:

Good call on the Jesus clips. Think they're called circlips over here. Might have a googly for some titanium or stainless ones. :tup:

The reason I went for the ti omni was smaller loads, I was packing the M tip with a cut down concentrate pad from the wife's fury 2. Like the wire mighty pads.

I couldn't get full extraction from a normal sized load, and the 2nd heating cycle tasted rotten, even with flipping the load over.
If the screen stays put in the ti tip, the small load works a treat in a dry 40cm bong. I can get 3 good full flavour lung fulls off 1 heat cycle and the load is spent. :science:

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I never did get a response. The reason I even asked is, there was an issue with the spot welder leaving three bumps in the Omni condenser. Some people sanded them out. Doc
It was an Omni and @AtomicPB was the one with the problem.
The part that screws in and out on the condenser, it is spot welded inside the condenser and sometimes leaves three bumps in the condenser. It can be sanded out.
If you were waiting for me to answer, no, I tried a regular steel condenser and a Ti one. Both were blocked from getting very far into the tip. My Omni is down in the car so I haven't tried that condenser. In truth there are some Ti tips that have an obstruction in them a mm or 2 inside the stem side of the tip. I hadn't used the tip in question yet, and checked it after @AtomicPB's post, and sure enough the condenser can not pass through the tip which in not normal. I hope for DVs sake it is a small number of them but it is easy to find.

And just as a data point, I have no problem parking CCDs in the scoring inside my Ti tips and do it on all of them now.

Last edited:

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I gotta say these tools of @danielj's are very tempting. I already have a steel rod for placing the CCD that I got from a member here, but having both a setter and a remover on either side of the same tool with a wood "handle" is very appealing...
qs4adz.jpg

I swear I have nearly as much invested in the accoutre for vaping as I do in my vapes themselves...

Xclerk

The Universe is our endless supply
Hey just noticed they posted all green omni s on the site including mouthpeice. Kinda wish I saw this b4 my last order lol. Cant stop im addicted. Working on a mrb next...phat piggie after that and got a danj pusher and mouth pieces otw. Love my new toys...lately i feel like i work to support a dynavap habit. Who knows filling these things may get hard if i keep this up. Lol.

vapmanjoe

...Is anyone attending the Mary Jane in Berlin? I am thinking of going and remember that George paid a visit last year.

Have a great day. :)

Hi, i'm also thinking about attending the Mary Jane this year...had no time the last two years and Berlin is not round the corner, but this year i have no excuses :lol:

danielj

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
I gotta say these tools of @danielj's are very tempting. I already have a steel rod for placing the CCD that I got from a member here, but having both a setter and a remover on either side of the same tool with a wood "handle" is very appealing...
qs4adz.jpg

I swear I have nearly as much invested in the accoutre for vaping as I do in my vapes themselves...
hey thanks for giving my stuff a shout out I have 2 remaining in the current run; both canarywood

Top Bottom