Summer

Long Island, NY
How can you clean out finger/grime stains from a NonaVong wood body stem if they don't really come off with scrubbing with a lightly moist paper towel? Would a lightly ISO-soaked q-tip cause damage?

If I scrape at it with my fingernail for a while, gray dirt comes off on the fingernail, but because of all the tiny microscopic ridges in the wood I can't scrape it all away with my fingernail really, it's deep in there, so need some kind of aqueous solution to get in there to dissolve it

ps they're not mine, that's how it arrived new, I just assumed it was a color variation in the wood for the longest time xD

Close up pic of stem & grime? Don't use iso. When did you get the stem?

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
Gave my DDave mods and glass Charlie stem a try today. First off Dave’s induction heater mod is wonderful, it makes the Dynavap so plug and play it’s almost scary.

In terms of cooling, neither the vapor cooler v3 nor the glass Charlie truly beat water for me for total coolness of the vapor, but the difference from a basic Dynavap was massive. The great thing about both is that you retain all the flavor of your vaped material, which the water dilutes (pun intended).

I love that the DDave stem catches particulates. Even with Ti screens I sometimes get plant matter in my draws, so Dave’s mod pairs perfectly with my flower tip.

The Glass Charlie stem is spectacular. The tip fit right in with no resistance. The draw was smooth and so full of flavor. Holding it feels like a slim cigarette, streamlined and classy.

These two mods really up the game for Dynavap fans. IMO more so than an induction heater (although I quite like mine!).

Also Dave included a thank you letter along with the receipt and Vgoodiez hand wrote a thank you on their receipt. I feel great about supporting both vendors.

Yeah, there is a DEFINITE flavor bonus that one gets from dry vapor vs water (as long as you are using a quality tool).
The main reason I use water is when I want larger hits, larger effect. If I'm in the mood to sip, then I prefer the flavor of dry vapor all day long.
That's why I ordered Glass Charlie's spiky cooling stem as well. I expect to enjoy it both as a stand-alone Vapcap vape, as well as a Woodscents stem...both for when relaxing and when particularly in the mood for sipping on flavor-town (dry is always my preferred way to try any new genetics I've picked up, to really get the flavor out).

stark1

Lonesome Planet
Can’t wait to read your accessment of the cool Glass Charlie when the Pony Express
Finally Delivers! :tup:

In the meantime, I managed to squeak in with a last minute order for the mythical M-19!
The Mystique of VapCap. :smug:
— 4:20 is sneaking up on us :hmm: will the Excalibur of the new Omni surface

Monk Debate

The monks do be debatin’
Yeah, there is a DEFINITE flavor bonus that one gets from dry vapor vs water (as long as you are using a quality tool).
The main reason I use water is when I want larger hits, larger effect. If I'm in the mood to sip, then I prefer the flavor of dry vapor all day long.
That's why I ordered Glass Charlie's spiky cooling stem as well. I expect to enjoy it both as a stand-alone Vapcap vape, as well as a Woodscents stem...both for when relaxing and when particularly in the mood for sipping on flavor-town (dry is always my preferred way to try any new genetics I've picked up, to really get the flavor out).

You know it didn’t occur to me that sipping would be the most sympathetic technique to use with those vapor coolers. I was still taking big, long draws and while they both did cool the vapor and allowed me to take bigger draws, you are right that water filtration takes you further down that road more comfortably. That’s the context for my “neither cool the vapor as much as water” comment.

The next time I use them I will try sipping, I bet the vapor will be cool as a cucumber.

Last edited:

DirtyD

How can you clean out finger/grime stains from a NonaVong wood body stem if they don't really come off with scrubbing with a lightly moist paper towel? Would a lightly ISO-soaked q-tip cause damage?

If I scrape at it with my fingernail for a while, gray dirt comes off on the fingernail, but because of all the tiny microscopic ridges in the wood I can't scrape it all away with my fingernail really, it's deep in there, so need some kind of aqueous solution to get in there to dissolve it

ps they're not mine, that's how it arrived new, I just assumed it was a color variation in the wood for the longest time xD

Try baking soda and a few drops of water to make a paste. Rub in with fingers or a rag or soft brush. Rinse and repeat. Makes a scrub-action. Cheers, D.

stark1

Lonesome Planet
Royal “Order of the New Omni”, @4:20? :wave: Extra Long, hail the new 2019 OMNi XL!

Pipe dreams, et al :brow:

nx8dn4.jpg

On the upside, I ordered the M-19, should be here is a week, or so?

Last edited:

Monk Debate

The monks do be debatin’

Just gonna follow up on this and say that sipping is definitely the way to go with those dry glass vapor coolers. Tons of flavor, zero harshness.

seki

Hm wait what's the Karmavap? I do not see anything ont he store or youtube. I'm guessing it was a pre order freebie?

https://www.dynavap.com/karma

I believe it was meant to be a surprise for the people who pre-ordered the 2019 M. If you look at the video on youtube, you can see it was posted under an unlisted account rather than the official Dynavap one.

Skinnyarbuckle

I received email saying 2019M is shipped along with Dynacoil. I’m with you guys on the Karma, what’s the inside skinny,don’t leave us hanging!

https://www.dynavap.com/karma

I believe it was meant to be a surprise for the people who pre-ordered the 2019 M. If you look at the video on youtube, you can see it was posted under an unlisted account rather than the official Dynavap one.
Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom