• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

stark1

Lonesome Planet
@Mr.Kite Dont forget the 20% tax too :))...
The only thing that i wanna have from the 2019 concept is the new tip. I hope they put them up for sale separately at some point down the run somewhere in the EU,cash is always tight in my part of the world so i'd justify upgrading only because of the better airflow,which is the main downside of the 2018M IMO.

AV, you can readily MacGyver the airflow issue with a small, round file.

It’s just nice to be able to get the newest toy for big boys (& gals)! Aye. :spidey:

Squiby

I want to provide an update to my cracked case and stash from the Simrell Collection.

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/dynavap-vapcap.18853/page-1673#post-1359793

Austin offered me a full refund on my order with the caveat that I mail everything back to him. He said that he would issue me a refund including shipping costs upon receipt of the pieces. I immediately accepted his terms.

As I cleaned everything to get it ready to mail out, I noticed the one piece that had remained intact, the original stem, had now developed a crack as well. So all the pieces of the original set cracked... Total fail.

I put the stems inside the cases for shipping but I incorrectly assumed that the replacement case had been made to accommodate the original stem, but it wasnt and it got stuck in there when I put it in. I sent him the three original cracked pieces; the case, stash and stem as well as the replacement case, stash and complimentary stem.

I sent him the parcel tracking number and shortly after that he graciously sent me a full refund!!! He didn't wait until receipt of the parcel, which I do appreciate.

I've always taken very good care of my wood. I have many pieces. They all have wood conditioner applied once a month. My home is climate controled. I've never had a piece crack on me before. My original set consisted of three pieces; a case, a stash and a stem. Within two months the case cracked in several places followed shortly by the stash. I initially thought that the problem was just with the brass lined case and stash since my stem seemed fine. But in the end the stem finally cracked as well, but it took almost 6 months for a crack to appear.

5oea9u.jpg

Last edited:

KidFated.

Unknown Member
Thanks for the update @Squiby :) full transparency is huge in our little community, we should take care of fellow vaporists and allow them point out negatives just as openly as we point out positives! If something sucks, we all want to know, if something rocks, we all want in on it!

I’ve been enjoying my bocote ti woody this morning, cleaning a new suv and found a 510 battery! Score!

almost there

I want to provide an update to my cracked case and stash from the Simrell Collection.

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/dynavap-vapcap.18853/reply?quote=1359793

Austin offered me a full refund on my order with the caveat that I mail everything back to him. He said that he would issue me a refund including shipping costs upon receipt of the pieces. I immediately accepted his terms.

As I cleaned everything to get it ready to mail out, I noticed the one piece that had remained intact, the original stem, had now developed a crack as well. So all the pieces of the original set cracked... Total fail.

I put the stems inside the cases for shipping but I incorrectly assumed that the replacement case had been made to accommodate the original stem, but it wasnt and it got stuck in there when I put it in. I sent him the three original cracked pieces; the case, stash and stem as well as the replacement case, stash and complimentary stem.

I sent him the parcel tracking number and shortly after that he graciously sent me a full refund!!! He didn't wait until receipt of the parcel, which I do appreciate.

I've always taken very good care of my wood. I have many pieces. They all have wood conditioner applied once a month. My home is climate controled. I've never had a piece crack on me before. My original set consisted of three pieces; a case, a stash and a stem. Within two months the case cracked in several places followed shortly by the stash. I initially thought that the problem was just with the brass lined case and stash since my stem seemed fine. But in the end the stem finally cracked as well, but it took almost 6 months for a crack to appear.

5oea9u.jpg
I'm so happy it worked out favorably, as it should. I've only ever had one stem crack and that was on my favorite custom Phattpiggie long stem. This was in no way due to questionable worksmanship, PP being the honorable craftsman that he is, very generously replaced it with an upgrade at his own expense, I had made the purchase 6 months prior. As PP would explain it, a true craftsman takes pride and stands by his craft, it's just that simple.

Last edited:

Vaporware

I will try to resist and wait for a 30-40-50% off discount at 4/20

M19 looks very nice

Oh no, my friend.
Dynavap did a whooping 40% or 50% off on 4/20 for a very short period of time.
Hard to aim for that window but that is what I will try.
Cant justify to get a 20% off M19 plus shipping to the EU just because of the rocker, the grip, the fins.

Vaposhop EU has the M19 for 66EUR with the Vapobust18 -voucher.
too much for me

Last year they had some flash sales that were 40% off during a sale that was 20% off for the whole day. It caused a lot of problems with their servers and a lot of people got upset that they couldn’t get in at the right times and “only” got 20% off.

For both reasons I think they might just stick with 20% this year, but if they do 40% I’ll probably buy some things I don’t need. :lol:

I don’t think I’ve ever heard of them having a 50% off sale.

Moses Baca

Colorado State Reformatory #8755
Agree, thanks for the update, @Squiby.

The 19M looks pretty cool. I can see how the new design will make the carb much easier to find and manipulate. I prefer my carbs blocked, though, so not really useful for me.

The air channels on the 19M tip look wider and deeper, more like the Ti tips, vs the smaller double channels on the 18M. I can't see the new 'M' pattern helping much vs the helix that's used on the other tips, though. I'll file some 'cutting edges' into my tips (that's what George called them in the video) and call it good.

Thanks for the review @almost there. A couple nice @phattpiggie stems are next on my list. Just saving up the $$ to pay for them now.

stark1

Lonesome Planet
@Squiby, the cracking was probably not from lack of care in workmanship, or intent.

There may be an explanation which may have caused the issue. Differences in humidity.

The environment where the pieces were made may have been very dry, and their new abode
Had a higher humidity; or vice versa.

At any rate, @primitiveorganic may have been himself an innocent victim
Of mother nature. His creations are stellar.

Vaporware

I’ve been interested in @primitiveorganic ’s stuff too, and it’s been sad to read about problems with these pieces recently, but I hope that either here or in his own thread he’ll give us a little more insight into what happened.

I get that starting a new business and depending on it to support a family is hard, and I hope that everything works out well for him, but I think a lot of people in this thread will be hesitant to buy at this point until we hear more about what likely happened to the cracking pieces and whether or not others should worry about similar issues.

If there just happened to be a problem with that specific block of wood or the way it was processed and this kind of thing isn’t happening to other people and he is committed to maintaining good customer service in the future, then I hope that people will continue to buy Simrell pieces. The ones I’ve seen look great, we just need to know what’s going on and get some reassurance about the future prospects of the other pieces; as long as they really are unlikely to run into similar problems.

If it makes anyone feel better, Dynavap’s own early wooden bodies/stems made by another great woodworker here had some problems, and as good as their customer service is there have been some rough spots for some people, so I think it’s still possible to fix things and move forward and I hope we see that happen. :)

But it took being called out in public for him to make it right. Poor customer service.

I agree it’s not good, but having run small businesses before myself I understand that he’s going to make some mistakes in customer service and possibly products, and I hate to write him off after one poorly handled situation (which he at least made right in the end).

I still hope that we have room for him in the custom stem community, as long as he learns from this case, resolves any other outstanding issues (including letting us know what probably happened with the wood), and maintains a solid reputation moving forward.

It sounds like he wants to do that, so I hope it works out.

primitiveorganic

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
@Squiby I do apologize for your experience and the time it took to address it. The set was made from the same block of ebony and same block of Purple Heart. It’s very possible that there was a drying issue from my supplier and the Wood wasn’t completely dried before production. There are variables at play, including humidity of the environment and the original manufacturing process I had. I have changed my manufacturing process since that time.

Every piece that leaves my shop varies slightly. I don’t have any jigs to make everything the same size. Since every set is built around the items, I should’ve asked you to measure the stem and tip together for the proper sizing so everything worked together. I have never had to replace a set or case before, so this is a detail that I missed. I completely dropped the ball, I will openly admit and take full responsibility for it. I’m sorry that it happened.

Through this experience, it has opened my eyes to things that I will be addressing and improving. I am implementing a lot of new systems and organization stategies. There is no excuse for the time in which it took to address the issue and again I take full responsibility. I have learned a lot and will improve upon every facet of my business and my woodcrafting process.

There will be a drastic change made in The Simrell Collection. I take my reputation very seriously and will take all these concerns to heart and improve anywhere that I can. I will remain to be as transparent as possible and address any concerns that somebody has. I appreciate everybody’s input. Good and bad.

I’m here to put my best foot forward. If I have upset anybody in this community i truly am sorry. I’m passionate about dynavap and my woodworking. I’m here to provide as much value as I can and offer another choice of customization, With my own style and vision.

I also want to publicly show my respects to @phattpiggie and @Edstnt. These guys do phenomenal work and were doing dynavap aftermarket accessories way before me. I don’t believe I entered the space almost a year ago, on the right foot with you guys and for that I formally apologize. I think sometimes my age shines through and I will absolutely work on that. I respect what you guys do and your passion for woodworking.

I hope that this community can give me another chance to really show what I’m capable of.

Vaporware

Is it ok to give the OmniVap a polish with steel wool? I mean, I’ve already done it, but If there comes a time that I’d like to polish again, is steel wool recommended?

Oh no...what have you done!? :o

You’d better start CPR on it immediately (after making sure there’s no metal dust left on/in it). Unlike with people, you need to repeatedly heat the tip and breathe *in* through the mouthpiece.

It helps to have flower or a loaded Dynacoil in the tip too.

Good luck...I hope you both make it through this. :disgust:

alex91

Oh no...what have you done!? :o

You’d better start CPR on it immediately (after making sure there’s no metal dust left on/in it). Unlike with people, you need to repeatedly heat the tip and breathe *in* through the mouthpiece.

It helps to have flower or a loaded Dynacoil in the tip too.

Good luck...I hope you both make it through this. :disgust:

Hahahaha, sorry If I overreacted a bit, it’s just that I asked at another forum and was getting answers like: “please don’t use steel wool” or “no, it’s not okay”.

alex91

Why did you polish your Omni with steel wool? To get scratches out? How does it look now?

I have no advice to give but am interested in the result you achieved.

I think overall it looks better. It definitely looks cleaner, less yellowish, but I’m not sure If it’s just my impression or not, but it got a more matte texture, although I like it.

I’d say try it, but be careful and do it slowly, so you won’t overdo it.

Vaporware

Hahahaha, sorry If I overreacted a bit, it’s just that I asked at another forum and was getting answers like: “please don’t use steel wool” or “no, it’s not okay”.

It’s fine, I have questions like that a lot myself! I didn’t have a solid real answer, and I really don’t think you did any damage you should worry about (probably just making the finish a bit more matte), so I joked about it instead. :)

The only thing I would caution against is using it on the Ti tip. I still think it’s unlikely to be an issue, but I’ve heard that scratching Ti with different metals can potentially leave tiny deposits of things like lead that we’d rather not have in our tips since we heat and inhale through them.

The stem/body never gets heated much and isn’t part of the vapor path, so I don’t think there’s a reason to worry. If you’re still concerned, maybe see if you can get titanium wool next time if that’s a thing. :)

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I think overall it looks better. It definitely looks cleaner, less yellowish, but I’m not sure If it’s just my impression or not, but it got a more matte texture, although I like it.

I’d say try it, but be careful and do it slowly, so you won’t overdo it.
Can you take a closeup photo of it? I'd like to see how it looks...

stark1

Lonesome Planet
I would still like to get a portable IH, but I'm not ready to plunk my money down on whats out there. @Pipes is currently trying to halve the size of the PSM and that might be it, but I would really rather use "standard" replaceable batteries (like the Flux). If DV's is really going to be cup sized I don't have a lot of hope for it being for me.
I'm not in hurry for this, but it will have to be smaller than what is out there now, and that sadly makes standard batteries unlikely.

Added: Well, I got what is highlighted wrong. @Pipes is looking at using a smaller PSM box for plugin replacement for the JarHead, not for his portable unit. Sorry for the bad info... :(

So, my search for a smaller IH continues...

@cybrguy, you had me going.

Then I had a brilliant idea. Why not get the skinny from Pipes.

zlu4ur.jpg

His response:

“I think someone jumped the gun. I'm looking for a JH desktop replacement that would be about 1/2 the size of the PSM. A smaller portable is not in any "immediate" future.”

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
@cybrguy, you had me going.

Then I had a brilliant idea. Why not get the skinny from Pipes.

zlu4ur.jpg

His response:

“I think someone jumped the gun. I'm looking for a JH desktop replacement that would be about 1/2 the size of the PSM. A smaller portable is not in any "immediate" future.”
Yeah, I corrected that post about 3 hours after I made it after checking in with the man. You gotta keep up, Dude... The correction is right there in your reply after "Added:"... :lol:

Top Bottom