mrb

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker

Hmm... No idea how easy CF tube is going to be to cut and finish... Never played with it myself.. Could be easy peasy, could be a nightmare...

I did debate buying some like you posted, but i suspect the CF might add a level of scent to the DV mix? I also worry it is kind of an unnatural & toxic material to have in the vape. Even though i understand it sould be fine in a VC body under normal use conditions. CF is toxic if burned and can probably loose some nasty respirable fibers if broken/damaged or in-suficiently finished after cutting....

I'm sure someone else around here bought some, maybe they will chime in on their experience..

F-UCTD

Sorry to threadjack but I've got to say I love Dynavaps products but their customer service could be improved. I sent two emails asking if I could buy a replacement cap for my Shadow M, the first on the 30th of December and the last a day ago. I'm happy if the answer is no, but I'd at least expect someone to tell me that. I'll probably end up buying another Shadow M just because I liked the finish on the cap and the fact that it didn't resemble an oil spill after a few torches.

Sativapo

Hmm... No idea how easy CF tube is going to be to cut and finish... Never played with it myself.. Could be easy peasy, could be a nightmare...

I did debate buying some like you posted, but i suspect the CF might add a level of scent to the DV mix? I also worry it is kind of an unnatural & toxic material to have in the vape. Even though i understand it sould be fine in a VC body under normal use conditions. CF is toxic if burned and can probably loose some nasty respirable fibers if broken/damaged or in-suficiently finished after cutting....

I'm sure someone else around here bought some, maybe they will chime in on their experience..
For the safety issue, It looks like the CF body dynavap had though... For the cutting I think it's a bit complicated to cut that's why this offer that has usable sizes 50 and 100 mm could be fun to try carbless and condenserless. If I get confirmation it's s safe I have an idea to try with the fat mouthpiece an xl condenser and the 50 mm one.

Last edited:

mrb

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Sorry to threadjack but I've got to say I love Dynavaps products but their customer service could be improved. I sent two emails asking if I could buy a replacement cap for my Shadow M, the first on the 30th of December and the last a day ago. I'm happy if the answer is no, but I'd at least expect someone to tell me that. I'll probably end up buying another Shadow M just because I liked the finish on the cap and the fact that it didn't resemble an oil spill after a few torches.
Pretty sure they were all away over the holidays. Fair enough if you ask me. Assuming they've been back since Monday, I imagine they are still wading through emails to catch up.

The answer to your question has been given previously by DV. They say you probably will be able to buy the black cap separately, but not yet. They said that about a month ago, so who knows the actual timeframe..

Chandler

I'll probably end up buying another Shadow M just because I liked the finish on the cap
I'm with you. Few weeks in. Instant love, than I lost a cap :(. That's ok, I bought two stealths. Few days later I accidentally drop my stealth and damage the second cap:doh:

Thankfully, it still clicks.. If they put black caps and black tips on sale, that'd be a gold mine for dynavap. Ppl who didn't need a stealth M need black leggo pieces to mod their other vapcaps! Plus, we clumsy ones need caps by the bunch!

Mikey

My Ti tip is on its way. I’m a filter user can someone point me to what page or re hash Squiblys method? I put the cotton filter in the skinny “neck” part of my tip, but I believe she I puts it under the screen? Am I close?

Mikey,
Reactions: Squiby

stark1

Lonesome Planet
That would be the reason Dynavap doesn't sell CF bodies anymore ?

edit : I didn't see the last post, same thought. I cancelled my ebay order:lol: I don't really need this anyway...

Not to worry. There are other semi-precious stems to play with. Silver. Gold. :evil: They are guaranteed not to outgas in you. :freak: Lungs are totally precious.

Last edited:

F-UCTD

I'm with you. Few weeks in. Instant love, than I lost a cap :(. That's ok, I bought two stealths. Few days later I accidentally drop my stealth and damage the second cap:doh:

Thankfully, it still clicks.. If they put black caps and black tips on sale, that'd be a gold mine for dynavap. Ppl who didn't need a stealth M need black leggo pieces to mod their other vapcaps! Plus, we clumsy ones need caps by the bunch!

Glad to see I'm not the only clumsy one. Chipped my firefly 2 bowl in the first week, not used to cannabis consumption at that stage. Still works and has better draw resistance so I haven't had it repaired. Make me worry about glass j hooks and the such.

-dab8-

Dyna-saur
My Ti tip is on its way. I’m a filter user can someone point me to what page or re hash Squiblys method? I put the cotton filter in the skinny “neck” part of my tip, but I believe she I puts it under the screen? Am I close?
Check the best of DynaVap thread, but basically involves twisting some hemp fiber into a thread, making a coil (disk shape) with it, and placing it under your CCD.

Last edited:

Squiby

Below in my signature is a post about making hemp filters, but the images are broken due to Imgur blocking.

I use degummed hemp fiber coiled into a flat filter to stop tiny particules from entering the air path. When I first started this practice I just placed the filter on top of the CCD screen and my bud on top of that. Easy peasy. This works well but when you dump your load, bits of ABV can catch on the filter and that can be annoying. Then I progressed to placing the filter between two screens allowing a bit of space for the filter so that it remains fluffy and loose, not packed down tight between the screens. This is my favourite method but you need to change the filter by popping out the screens, so you may find that more of a hassle than you are willing to bear. You can also place the filter under the screen (filter then screen on top), or stuff a bit up the neck of the tip.

All these methods work. Try them all to find the approach that suits you.

I replace my filter when the flavour goes off.

hinglemccringleberry

Not to worry. There are other semi-precious stems to play with. Silver. Gold. :evil: They are guaranteed not to outgas in you. :freak: Lungs are totally precious.

I doubt the resin/epoxy in CF is “safe”. human consumption, food safety and what not is unlikely to have been considered when making it.
So do you think Im inhaling toxic fumes every time I use my VC with the Dynavap CF body with a 2 or 3 flame torch? My thumb and index finger are adjacient with the end of the body as Im spinning and lighting the cap and they dont even get warm. So logically the CF body is also guaranteed not to outgas. Ive never tasted anything weird, should I still ditch it? (rhetorical question)

Last edited:
hinglemccringleberry,
Reactions: stark1

StringTheorista

So do you think Im inhaling toxic fumes every time I use my VC with the Dynavap CF body with a 2 or 3 flame torch? Despite the flame never getting close enough to the body to create any additional heat on it? My thumb and index finger are adjacient with the end of the body as Im spinning and lighting the cap and they dont even get warm. So logically the CF body is also guaranteed not to outgas. Ive never tasted anything funny, should I still ditch it? (rhetorical question)
If you’re using a condenser, the air that comes in contact with the CF tube is only cool air coming through the air port. I wouldn’t use CF without a condenser, myself. But with one, seems perfectly safe

Last edited:

Chandler

All these methods work. Try them all to find the approach that suits you.
@Squiby was so kind she sent me a lock of degummed hemp Fibre as EVERYONE EVERYWHERE seems to be sold out. Imo, the filter acts as @Squiby describes. The filter blocks particulates, further smooths the vapor, and keeps the condenser cleaner. I think I lost a touch of flavor (or perhaps added some?) but it's so subtle I'd never notice had I never used a vapcap before. Still top notch flavor..

I took a few trials, my first filter was too thick and restricted the air path too much. I pulled it apart into two halves (such a small amount), tried again and had a winner. I placed the Fibre underneath the screen. I'll continue with this practice. The small amount squiby sent me should last months!
I replace my filter when the flavour goes off.
I was going to ask this question. I assume you take the time to thoroughly clean your caps at this time?

Speaking of cleaning. I've had my vap caps for 3, 4 weeks and I've cleaned both of em' more than a handful of times... I've Never cleaned a vaporizer so much. Usually hate the hassle, but I enjoy the cleaning ritual for once!

StringTheorista

2-A1-D9-F8-A-98-BA-47-FD-B505-A0-CFD2-D1278-E.jpg

Trying out a new lego configuration. Blackwood nonavong body, dark wood mp. This body is a bit wonky—won’t fit in a dynastash, needs a thread wrap around the tip to hold it securely. Looks soft because I tried sanding it down to fit stash. It’s pretty, though

Top Bottom