cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Am I correct in thinking that the cheapest way to try XL length is to buy a standard M along with a spinning mouthpiece of any kind and an XL condenser?

And if that is correct, if I plan on using IH exclusively will a spinning mouthpiece likely end up annoying me?
I have to say if I was going to have only one VC, and I wanted to use it with an IH, I think my choice would be a NonavongXLS. Not only for it's ease of using with water/glass, but because I prefer to use a wood VC with my IH. It seems to work better. But that part may just be because I like the feel of wood better.
And I can't see any reason for the spinning MP to bother you. It only spins if you spin it, and if you push the X-Ring tight up against it it won't spin.
A few bucks more than what you describe above but more versatile.

mucsusn

60 going on 20
I have to say if I was going to have only one VC, and I wanted to use it with an IH, I think my choice would be a NonavongXLS. Not only for it's ease of using with water/glass, but because I prefer to use a wood VC with my IH. It seems to work better. But that part may just be because I like the feel of wood better.
And I can't see any reason for the spinning MP to bother you. It only spins if you spin it, and if you push the X-Ring tight up against it it won't spin.
A few bucks more than what you describe above but more versatile.
If I could only have one VC, I would think that the end was nigh....

pxl_jockey

Just a dude
My @Squiby does not fuck around when it comes to vapcaps, people. Her DVAS is seriously impressive, surely the most profound case that’s been documented. I always love her pictures, especially the family shots, but I prefer those pic with a pretty kitty also in the frame!

So I’ve been doing lots of vapcap duty, with lots of different vapcaps, testing the new Flux Deluxe from @mr_cfromcali and have been blown away by its performance at home and outside. The enclosure is really robust & good looking, performance is powerful and mileage on batteries was also impressive. If you’re not familiar with his thread, mr_c created his own custom circuit board & used premium components in construction. I think it’s going to make a lot of vapcap lovers very happy in 2019. I really worked hard to make it overheat/malfunction and only thing that ever crashed was me! I’m over the mug personally.

I also had the pleasure of doing some business with Ed on a freakin’ beautiful WoodScents earlier this autumn. Ed includes a complete VC with the WS (Ed throws in a LOT of gear), and I’m in love with it. A member way more clever than me originally dubbed it “Ed’s Ti Cigar”, I think it’s perfect. I’m even deeper in LOVE with my @phattpiggie stem with the WS (& Deluxe :brow:), it just looks amazing with the WS and tastes great! Something about that stem makes me feel so darn posh! And y’all know that I am not a posh dude.

:leaf: With the Flux Deluxe & the WoodScents, I feel like my dynaverse has been expanded. :razz:

Only other stem I really need/want is a StarDustSailor stem, I’ve wanted/needed this for a long while.
Then I am all done. Really. :lol:
Until the next BIG DV THING! :rofl:

Moses Baca

Colorado State Reformatory #8755
Great report, pxl_jockey, thanks! I'm on the list for a Flux Deluxe, can't wait!

Am I correct in thinking that the cheapest way to try XL length is to buy a standard M along with a spinning mouthpiece of any kind and an XL condenser?

And if that is correct, if I plan on using IH exclusively will a spinning mouthpiece likely end up annoying me?

Wood spinning mp is cheaper than Ti. Dynabuilder gets you the M with the spinning wood mp for $75. Buying the M and spinning mp kit separate is $85.

I added a darkwood spinning mp to my Shadow and love it. I've got Ti parts ordered for my second Shadow. No IH yet but as noted above, I'm on the list for a Flux Deluxe.

-dab8-

Dyna-saur
1-800-CALL-SQUIBY

1p6j5u.jpg

So many one of a kind works of art! I love seeing your collection. That’s what it is to me, a beautiful collection. Like a collection of fine art. A passionate hobby. I have pieces I haven’t even used. Maybe even some that I might not use? They were necessary for the collection to seem closer to complete. Still must find a way to procure a silver mouthpiece...But I digress...

Ok, so maybe there is still hope for me yet? Now I’m curious, and having trouble sleeping anyway. Going to try to count in my head how many I have.

Oof...

32 total complete pieces

Plus 1 Green Omni XL on order. Because addict.

What is perhaps scarier? This is all since you kind folk introduced me to DynaVap 6-6.5 months ago in July.

So thank you, I love you all, and it’s been an incredible journey thus far. Can’t wait to see where we go together.

My wallet however, hates you guys, and hates me even more.

Last edited:

Campos

I don't really bother that much about colors, I am daltonic anyway.... don't really see much difference between the green, the blue and the normal Omni, its a matter of perception not performance.

I wish Dynavap came out with different shapes and materials, rather than colors.
Also the Induction Heater seems to me waaay more demanded by users. Why is it that there are already a few people making and having a waiting list for selling induction heaters?
I wish Dynavap gave us some feedback about, nothing is being mentioned for a while....

vandalizedbythelotus

Why is it that there are already a few people making and having a waiting list for selling induction heaters?
I wish Dynavap gave us some feedback about, nothing is being mentioned for a while....

electronics, high heat and portability don't mix well at all
just look at all the portable battery powered device fail rate

as i understand it they are working towards making an IH which is on par with DV durability (with no chinese parts) ... tall order indeed ... and i assume they are wary of leaks

i assume they will have something by 4.20 '19 ... and i assume it will be pretty high priced.
until then you can build your own or buy from one of those fine ppl making them now.

but yeah i wish their dev process was more open on this one too...

Last edited:

Campos

electronics, high heat and portability don't mix well at all
just look at all the portable battery powered device fail rate

as i understand it they are working towards making an IH which is on par with DV durability (with no chinese parts) ... tall order indeed ... and i assume they are wary of leaks

i assume they will have something by 4.20 '19 ... and i assume it will be pretty high priced.
until then you can build your own or buy from one of those fine ppl making them now.

but yeah i wish their dev process was more open on this one too...
Lots of assumptions, but I hope you are right!!

Last edited:

Helios

Only other stem I really need/want is a StarDustSailor stem, I’ve wanted/needed this for a long while.
Then I am all done. Really. :lol:
Until the next BIG DV THING! :rofl:

;)
looking forward to @mr_cfromcali "ultra-portable" funny we shall see if I still reach for a torch even with the Deluxe?

Happy Holidays to one and all. Green Dreams. :tup:

same to you starks! will b a chill quiet one, not much family drama this season,
a few VC gifts for in-laws, I love the look on faces when they understand how the caps work. it Clicks.

made these bad boys yesterday, supposed to be giving them out, i think i ate more than i should..

Last edited:

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
So many one of a kind works of art! I love seeing your collection.
Ok, so maybe there is still hope for me yet? Now I’m curious, and having trouble sleeping anyway. Going to try to count in my head how many I have.

Oof...

32 total complete pieces

Plus 1 Green Omni XL on order. Because addict.

What is perhaps scarier? This is all since you kind folk introduced me to DynaVap 6-6.5 months ago in July.
If @Squiby is willing to share her wares :o I think it is only fair that you show us yours...

Actually I love seeing these large collections, not only because they are beautiful and fascinating, but because it makes me feel less afflicted. As active as my VAS may be in my mind, I am only an amateur collector and I appreciate that... :lol:

-dab8-

Dyna-saur
If @Squiby is willing to share her wares :o I think it is only fair that you show us yours...

Actually I love seeing these large collections, not only because they are beautiful and fascinating, but because it makes me feel less afflicted. As active as my VAS may be in my mind, I am only an amateur collector and I appreciate that... :lol:
Lol, fair enough. I didn’t at the time because I was in bed, counting vapcaps instead of sheep, but I’ll take a picture today.

I agree with you, so fun to see people’s collections. To see what they gravitate to, what caught their eye.

rouxdy

Mucking around the haus, today—grey, cold day...

Had what I thought a brilliant idea: use a heat source (Fury), and use the M as a log stem (no cap).

(Big boys gotta play?)

Pure “Convection” ? :2c: Pure, baked. :brow: Windproof. No butane. Port-able. :spliff:

ajw46t.jpg

So a Fury 2 will heat a VapCap? Any idea how many times before the battery dies?

mrb

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
He's not heating the VapCap with the Fury. That don't work. He is using the vapcap without the cap as a stem for the Fury. It works but is a touch too loose to hold the VC in tightly, it's a fairly good fit, but it's kinda loose.

Vaporware

He's not heating the VapCap with the Fury. That don't work. He is using the vapcap without the cap as a stem for the Fury. It works but is a touch too loose to hold the VC in tightly, it's a fairly good fit, but it's kinda loose.

Is there enough space for an o-ring to hold it in? Do the VC tip or the chamber it’s in get very hot?

Vaporware,

mrb

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
@StringTheorista that's exactly what is happening.

@VaporWare A vapcap o-ring is can almost work, but will not withstand the heat. It will break. Though I'm not sure I've tried with a grey one, but I'd imagine it is would also break. Partly because they are already over stretched at the 10mm diameter of the tip.

Haven't yet found an o-ring that works, as 10mm o-rings are too thick (at 1mm cross-section) to fit the VC into the chamber. One would need to groove a Tip to allow the 10mm o-rings to have enough space. And even then, they might still break with the heat.

It's a so close but so far situation. But ultimately a successful outcome would create a better Fury experience rather than a better Vapcap experience. If ya get me.

Top Bottom