rouxdy

I received my Shadow M and a new Ti tip and cap that I wanted to try on my 2018 M.

Wow! For me the Ti tip makes a massive difference. It may have to do with how I naturally draw, but well beyond worth it for me.

I put the screen at the smallest setting and it's a perfect microdoser.

All hits are big and for me, that wasn't typically the case with the SS tip. It was generally only the second hit that was moderately close to what I now get out of every hit with the Ti tip.

However, I put the SS tip on a glass chillum and I love the way it hits on this thing. Love watching the vapor go down the glass. Now I have three units... 2018 M with Ti tip, Shadow M, and the chillim with the SS tip... so, the collection begins!

SloJimFizz

Unknown Member
Black cap 4146 checking in.:wave:
My current Dynafam lineup
L-R @phattpiggie koa stem with gen 4 tip, Omni XL with shadow m body and gen 5 tip, Shadow M guts with cocobolo stem, and @Winegums curly maple with gen 2 tip.
ek3plx.jpg

Vaporware

Weird discovery that I can’t explain. I get higher from two half caps back to back than one full cap start to finish.

That has to be a fluke, right?

Any science for why that would be a thing? Dose of fresh temps halfway through instead of all at the beginning?

I think it’s true, and there are probably a lot of things that go into it. Here are a few I think are affecting it.

1. Uneven heating. If you heat at the bottom of the cap you should get more conduction going on and it should vaporize more evenly, but the convection aspect and heat radiation from the cap affect the top of the load much more. I don’t think most people consistently heat the bottom of the cap either.

This effect should be even more noticeable with an induction heater that’s heating from the top of the cap.

I’m pretty confident in this one because when using a full tip I’ve started removing flower a bit at a time, and it’s clear as I move down that there is more and more left in the AVB. If I heat it again in the middle of emptying it I get more good vapor that either wasn’t coming or wasn’t pleasant with the over-cooked flower still on top of it.

For reference, I heat in the middle of the cap most of the time, usually with a triangular triple-flame torch.

2. I don’t have studies or anything to back this up (they may exist, I just don’t have them), but since there is a limited amount of vapor your lungs can actually absorb at once, I think if you’re going over half of what your lungs can absorb at once, taking in that same amount of vapor in 2 draws instead of 1 should be more effective.

Yes you can get some different effects from a super-dense hit that gets as close as possible to saturating your lungs, and for whatever reason I do feel more of a medicinal effect from a bit larger of a load even if I can’t see any extra vapor, but apart from that I think it’s possible to get to a certain level with less material in more draws than with more material in a few huge clouds.

3. Related to #2 I think the terps, etc. that are in some cases mostly pulled from the whole load in the first draw may play a role here. If you get almost all of them in the first draw, my guess is that’s not going to work as well as getting a second dose of them in the middle of the session when you reload.

I’m sure there are other factors I’m not thinking of right now, but while the effects for me are different with 0.01g or 0.075g, even that smallest dose has real effects for someone without a high tolerance. I don’t feel anywhere near 7.5x the effects between the two.

I love this thread - it's so much fun to see full-on VapCats enthuse about new configurations, heating sources etc. ... Is it @stark1 discovered IH & @Dynavaper the reduced Ti chamber?

I don’t know who reported it first, but the fact that it’s been independently noticed by several different people here is more reason to take it seriously. :)

r7p1rm.jpg
ti spinner

In case you don’t love the look of the mouthpieces next to each other, remember you can turn the M over so its mouthpiece is at the tip!

Dynavaper

Karma Farmer
Many scientific experiments later and I am proud to declare:
I am a half-bowl-type of Vapcap user now. Now and forever.
Two half bowls get me further than one full bowl. And I am far from being a microdoser.
Great stuff. I just hope that I still remember the decision some days ahead... ;)

giphy.gif

Sativapo

OK I confirm 2 half bowls get higher than a full bowl. I thought people were saying that a single half bowl gets higher than a full one and I wasn't so sure otherwise next step would be to ask George to invent the bowl that gets you high without any weed :p
P. S. 1. : Next step the green "M" called "the buddha" with permanent THC coating
P. S. 2 : 2 half bowls definitely do the job. I am sure tomorrow with clear head I will find this joke really lousy.

Last edited:

Ricardo

Two half bowls get me further than one full bowl. And I am far from being a microdoser.
Great stuff. I just hope that I still remember the decision some days ahead... ;)
That was the first thing I did back in March 2017 when I first got my Omni - reset the chamber size to approx 1/3 capacity and I've Jesus-clipped 3 or 4 Ms since then. The exception is the OG which I generally use for full extraction of weekass weed sometimes.
I'm moving away from tight packing in the interest of even heating - I can't speak for the PIH, but the SJK gives me even extraction just about every time :tup::D:peace:

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
That is so funny if you like HUMOR?
1/2 fill 2 let air in?

Thank U!

2-day is FRY-day! (Not 2-B confused with: FUTURAMA)
I am MEDICATED however my goal is STONED “M” way!
M-day

WoodVillain

Backwoods Rated
Less is more in vapcap land.... doesn't work so well when the gas light comes on in my truck... I've tried :D

Surgery went well... thanks again everyone for the well wishes. They were able to remove the large piece of lead, and MOST of the smaller shrapnel that embedded into the bones. :tup:

Now to enjoy a few caps... and place my order for a fancy simrell stem :rockon:

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Haha! I am such a Stoner... :freak:
giphy.gif

I just remembered that we had that 1/2 bowl thing already some hundred pages in the past and I was as much fascinated back then, as I am now.

giphy.gif

No idea why I forgot about this and when or why I returned to full bowl again.
Probably because...

One of the best things about Cannabis for me is that it lets me forget.
So many new great things to discover every single day! :)
So this made me LOL. It is basically a repeat of what I did the other day with the Gen6 tip. I probably made 10 posts about it or more when it came out, and the other day I completely forgot about it suggesting that the flat finned version (Gen5) was current. It's the drugs, man, the drugs. That's my story and I'm sticking to it...

WoodVillain

Backwoods Rated
Tossers, towel heads, Woody, they not only got you a Purple Heart, they are still giving you, with lead
In your foot? :|

Aren’t the desert boots steel lined?

At least you have your Omni to keep your spirits up! :tup:

This didn't happen during my service overseas. This is a new injury :o...

I don't wanna go too far off topic... But.. A good friend, accidentally, shot me in the foot... Good times :lol:

Here's the before/ after surgery image... with my pain reliever lol

20181207-140955.jpg

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
He likes shooting folks in the face. That might have been worse. At least that was buckshot...

Oh yeah, the VC thread. So, who would be the source for a blackwood mouthpiece now that DV doesn't do them? Ed maybe? Or should I wait until George has a black Ti (or steel) one?

No hurry on this I guess...

Top Bottom