mucsusn

60 going on 20
Got my 2 Shadow M’s yesterday. A fine aesthetic addition to an already extensive collection. A new RBT Splinter also, plus a Splinter Z in the mail. About to unload a few PayPal bucks onto @phattpiggie for some of his creations. Quite frankly they are the pinnacle of my collection...functional, beautifully crafted...Fuckcombustion is the perfect name for this forum!

BTW, does anyone seem to think that the Shadow M’s require just a touch more time on the heat than previous iterations? Seems to be in my limited experience...

EDIT: Also two Nona stems, a light and a dark. Very, very nice pieces, with the light version having some very nice, tight curly and flame figures. Actually, both pieces were ordered as a replacement for the Cocobolo stem that I accidentally ran over with my car. Tip, condenser and Ti mouthpiece are fine. Cocobolo stem might be salvageable via some sort of epoxy or resin stabilization, but who knows when I might get around to that! Just part of the travails of having a vape that travels with me in every aspect of life:cheers:

Last edited:

Squiby

No condenser, no carb. So each draw is hot and dense? Is it safe to assume that if you prefer no carb your preference is big hits, thick vapor,bowl spent in 1-3 draws? With the carb, lower temp vaping, more airflow, more draws, cooler vapor?

What effect does removing the condensor provide?

No condenser, no carb, no problem.

I prefer this set up because it allows me to mouthpull, which creates smooth cool inhaled vapor.

My lungs are way too sensitive to inhale vapor directly into my lungs. When you have no carb or a covered carb or an Omni extended all the way, the air flow is restricted. This means you can puff on your Vapcap pulling vapor into your mouth with out inhaling. Then once the vapor is in your mouth you can inhale fresh cool air along with the pulled vapor. Smooth, cool, non irritating vapor. No coughing ever and easy on the lungs.

The ability to lock down the air restriction on the Vapcaps have been a total game changer for me and my ability to more fully appreciate my bud. Vapcaps rock and their versatility allows for all kinds of different approaches.

I LOVE my Vapcaps!!! :love::love::love:
2drgtix.jpg

Last edited:

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
BTW, does anyone seem to think that the Shadow M’s require just a touch more time on the heat than previous iterations? Seems to be in my limited experience...
I have been thinking the same thing. I lent out my other M, so I can’t compare myself. But it feels like it takes several more seconds with the Shadow. Anyone care to do a little experimenting for science?

stardustsailor

Accessory Maker
No condenser, no carb. So each draw is hot and dense? Is it safe to assume that if you prefer no carb your preference is big hits, thick vapor,bowl spent in 1-3 draws? With the carb, lower temp vaping, more airflow, more draws, cooler vapor?
Yes ,exactly .Add also a totally different way of inhalling between the two modes of operation .
Note that the vapor is rather cooler when the carb is closed or not there at all ,versus the open carb way .
Dense yes ,but not hot .
Vapor gets hydrated and cooled inside the mouth cavity for a moment or two ,
before starting it's descend to the lungs .
;)

What effect does removing the condensor provide?

The VapCap has two " modes " of operation .

The first mode is when the carb is fully or partially open .
Then The VapCap has a large tube with an air inlet (the stem ) ,a chamber with the formed vapor (the tip ) and
a small diameter tube ( the condenser ) having the "exaust " at one of it's two ends . Note that the chamber's vapor outlet
is right at the spot where the air stream passes from the large tube to the smaller one .

Much like the operation of the ol' fuel carburetors ,but at this case air is mixed with the herb vapors ( the fuel ) :
Carburetor.png

(...)
Older cars and even some recent motorbikes are using a carburetor to prepare the fuel-air mixture for the engine.
This part of the vehicle consists of an open pipe through which the air passes to the intake manifold. It has a form of a Venturi tube (see above), where the pressure drops in the smaller cross-section, exactly where the fuel nozzle is installed. The airflow can be controlled with a throttle valve so that a proportional amount of fuel will always be injected into the flow.
(...)
https://www.simscale.com/blog/2018/04/what-is-venturi-effect/

At this point it becomes quite obvious that when the carb is closed (or does not exist ) then there's no Venturi effect
taking place ,so the condenser is actually rendered useless at this case.
( BTW it also clogs rather sooner than a condenser-less & carbless stem )
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The second mode is when the facial muscles are used ,in order to create "bursts " of negative pressure inside the mouth cavity,with the carb totally closed ( aka "mouth pulls " ) or while using a carbless stem.
The job is done by the brutal force of plain negative pressure .
The resistance is pretty high ,as the only air inlet at this case is the tiny gap between the cap and the tip and the " triple start" threads .

Last edited:

Squiby

@Squiby that Ed’s stem is beautiful!! I need to have some stuff done up by him but I hopefully it is sooner rather than later.

I love Blackwood too! That body was from the early days when Ed first collaborated with George to create bodies and stems.

Here are the beginnings of my Vapcap collection.
Wenge DynastashER, a Ti XLS Woody with a Black and White Ebony stem and Blackwood mp and a Ti S Woody with a Burl VonG body and Burl mp.
2rzcqqe.jpg

Here in pic are extra condensers, the OG Vapcap that started it all, two Dynastash; a raw edge Burl and a Wenge ER. Copper Stoned custom body from George. A Blackwood body with Burl mp, a Cocobolo stem and mp, Burl VonG body, Omnivap and The Black and White Ebony stem.
a4vdzo.jpg

Gray Area

@Dynavaper - got my silo xl last week and I am sad to say that I think it is a waste of money. The silo xl is in reality a standard silo with a crappy extension piece you screw on to make if fit the XL. Where the two parts of the silo join there is a lip INSIDE the silo that catches on your cap every time you remove it. It only holds 1.5g of ground bud. Buy a Dynastash instead.

I have to agree, I picked up a launchpad and silo xl in the bf sales (it'd have been rude not to with 30% off)... and while I love the launchpad, I was totally underwhelmed with the silo.

That bit too long with the extension piece (I planned to add it to the stash side and use it with a regular sized vc), and two hands to open. I think it was @WoodVillain who said the green/purple tubes work best due to the easy one handed opening, and I think I agree :tup:

hinglemccringleberry

Way too many variables to make an accurate assessment on this, especially if we're talking "just a touch" of a difference. Unless you logged the exact same ambient temperature and butane capacity/lighter valve setting when using the new ones vs using the old ones in the past, there is no way to know. Any heatup time differences are likey due to differences in ambient temp and/or your lighter fluid level which results in slightly different flame intensity/settings as the level changes. There could even be a tiny variance with the specs/tolerances of the cap disc hardware as well.

Last edited:

DirtyD

I have to agree, I picked up a launchpad and silo xl in the bf sales (it'd have been rude not to with 30% off)... and while I love the launchpad, I was totally underwhelmed with the silo.

That bit too long with the extension piece (I planned to add it to the stash side and use it with a regular sized vc), and two hands to open. I think it was @WoodVillain who said the green/purple tubes work best due to the easy one handed opening, and I think I agree :tup:
I wish we could think of a way to invent/discover a better" hinge" piece to use on the existing dyna doob tubes because they are to me the ultimate VAPCAP holder bc smell proof, small etc. Someone was talking about this before here... but the hinge wears out and fails eventually or way too soon . Otherwise the dyna doob toob is " perfect " :tup: Cheers though. Hope y'all have some happy holidays, fc people! Stay good and High!- D.

almost there

I wish we could think of a way to invent/discover a better" hinge" piece to use on the existing dyna doob tubes because they are to me the ultimate VAPCAP holder bc smell proof, small etc. Someone was talking about this before here... but the hinge wears out and fails eventually or way too soon . Otherwise the dyna doob toob is " perfect " :tup: Cheers though. Hope y'all have some happy holidays, fc people! Stay good and High!- D.

At $1 a tube it’s more economical for all parties to just get additional tubes, no?

roonsy

ok going to click 'place order' on an Omni Ti in a few hours, to begin with... seems like a good place to start...

Unless anyone has any downsides of the Ti vs the SS models or some other reason I should get an M first :)

WoodVillain

Backwoods Rated
At $1 a tube it’s more economical for all parties to just get additional tubes, no?

Agreed... until i find a better option... that's what i been doing..

I have melted the broken caps back on... but that never last more than a dozen or so opening and closings..

ok going to click 'place order' on an Omni Ti in a few hours, to begin with... seems like a good place to start...

Unless anyone has any downsides of the Ti vs the SS models or some other reason I should get an M first :)

If the price doesn't scare you off... definitely grab the omni. Nothing wrong with starting at the top if you're financially able to.

Nothing wrong with the Ms either, I have a few and they are great vapes, especially at the price... but I hardly use them. My omni gets used all day everyday.

steama

My shadow is wearing an OG 7 fin Ti tip which has been modified to resemble the latest Ti tip with larger groves at the rim. I set the screen for a smaller bowl, my omni XI is set for full bowls. Nice to have a (sexy) second daily driver in the rotation.

shadowplus7fin.jpg

:nod:

Chandler

@Pipes my PSM arrived. Thank you!

PSM arrived when? Yesterday? Day before yesterday? Perhaps because it's almost tomorrow I'm confused. She's here and I didn't even open the box!!

My shadow M, ordered from BF still hasn't moved yet. :huh: everyday the expected arrival time increases, talking bout Dec. 14th now. (this Canadian postal strike is killing me).. I won't open my PSM until M gets here! They will be opened and enjoyed TOGETHER! As the two were intended!

... At the least, I'm not opening the PSM until the moment I know my M's are on their way. PSM will be charged up n ready to rock for game time!

Next week... Hopefully.

Top Bottom