Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
Oops. I came here to post about the knockoff Dynavap vaporizers on Alibabba...then I realized it had already been posted about recently...then I updated this post.

I guess all I can say is that once you start seeing shitty Chinese knockoffs of your product, then you know that you've made it to the mainstream/big time :tup:

Last edited:

jofu

It's a shame because a lot of people will end up buying these, possibly not even knowing about the Dynavap curse, I mean universe, not curse, Dynavap universe.

But then again, maybe those that are soon to be afflicted with VAS will be searching out what else is out there similar, and that search will lead them to Dynavap for more upgraded type items.

Then of course that all hopefully benefits the cottage industries that have sprung up around the Dynavap Universe.
i.e. customizations, IH's, stash makers, etc.

Maybe?

stark1

Lonesome Planet
The pictures don`t look like shitty knock-offs, I would say the pictures are of genuine products and if you buy you would get sent shitty knock-offs if anything at all, pure scam.
Thanks for letting me look though.:evil:

Les, you may have a point. They looked like clones, with DV logo, and “made in USA”, even.

Had wondered if they were making knockoffs, why they would risk a lawsuit by replicating
It down to the trademark logo?

Bait and switch, with pictures of actual products!

Leaves a bad taste, if that is the case. Stainless steal, indeed.

*goes back to sleep, muttering*

am5x0n.jpg

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense
I know you all don't like to hear this. But good things were and will be counterfeited. That's very annoying for the inventor and it's a no-go that there isn't any real copyright protection in China up to now but a fact.
But, sorry, I don't get all the ethical fuss by people who nearly all - like myself - are buying counterfeited US glass designs in China for cheap. What's the difference? Don't you think it's a bit hypercritically? Why the double standards?

To be honest the first reaction of my mind was the same excitement about these counterfeit offer but then I looked at my glass collection and felt ashamed.

In German we say "Wer im Glashaus sitzt, soll nicht mit Steinen werfen"

Last edited:

Wittgenstein

Had wondered if they were making knockoffs, why they would risk a lawsuit by replicating It down to the trademark logo?

I guess these are original DV images of original VCs. There were also other images showing what I think is the fake device. Differences that I have spotted:

– The cap has no logo or typo
– The cap lacks the small rim between the digger outer and the actual cap
– The tip is missing the last oring, the one between the last fin and the rim of the body
– The fin of the tip closest to the bowl does not have a smaller diameter unlike the original

The stem had the Dynavap Logo on it though

Witty

Last edited:

Wittgenstein

There is a large number of head shops that deal with really cheap china imported MJ paraphernalia like grinders, stashes, lighters and so on and so on. My inner eye sees a cardbox with green and purple tubes on the counters of these shops. Certainly a business that DV does not benefit from financially. But I guess people buying from such shops wouldn't buy or look for a DV anyway, so... Like pirated software. If you start making something serious with it most people tend to buy a license or use an original. So it may just add to the public perception of DV and thus also promote DV sales.

I would also buy one of these to see how they compare. But not as a replacement of a real DV since I already have... errr... wait... how many do I have now?!? Jeeee....

Its a double-edged sword if you say so in english. ;)

Witty

Last edited:

Wittgenstein

I think it was only wholesale - minimum order 10 units.

Haha, no. not from Alibaba. I would pic one up if I would stumble over it in a shop by accident.

Its just the state this world is in. China is the de facto factory of the world and you cannot compete with them in terms of how cheap they can make things. And if you find the right maker factory there the quality is also top notch. Hey, all the devices I use to communicate are made there. They definately know the trade. Raising walls won't change that.

Last edited:
I contacted them to see what was up. It appears they don't have any right now. Perhaps they are planning to make upon request. I don't think you can make a VC and sell it for 8 bux. Probably just a scam. I don't use Alibaba so I don't know it's reputation for scammers.

I requested samples.

I doubt they have anything or plan to build anything. My guess is they are just looking to scan someone.

stark1

Lonesome Planet
I contacted them to see what was up. It appears they don't have any right now. Perhaps they are planning to make upon request. I don't think you can make a VC and sell it for 8 bux. Probably just a scam. I don't use Alibaba so I don't know it's reputation for scammers.

I requested samples.

I doubt they have anything or plan to build anything. My guess is they are just looking to scan someone.

I scan badly. My bad. ;)

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Bongs were invented in Asia, so everywhere else are the ones doing the knocking off!
DHGate Rules, best thing to happen to a Vapcap...just add water:brow:

I guess, "Parmesan" cheese falls into that category as well. At least in the EU.

So, all the "Parmesan" cheese sellers in US are also "copyright copycats". Damn that USA for letting the cheese companies do that. Same as the copycats in China. Seems like this is more a "human greed" thing than a "China" thing.

Greed is the worst sin. Lust in my favorite. :)

They actually got back to me this morning. They said they will send me 10 samples. They have not asked for any money yet. We'll see.

beyond6strings

Just another traveller in the Cannaverse
This is an interesting study in situational ethics. While I can't vouch for the parmesan cheese in my fridge I can tell you that I've not bought Chinese glass copies, my glass has come from Grasscity's website, Sneaky Pete, and @DDave and those two have glass blowers that work for them.

When I traveled I didn't steal towels or wash cloths from hotels either. I find theft among the most heinous of crimes, and theft of intellectual property much worse. I've made my youngest daughter pay for her music via Spotify subscription, and I won't watch movies that are streamed illegally.

And I have a low opinion of those that do. Happy vaping FCers.

beyond6strings

Just another traveller in the Cannaverse
I'm going to check it, and if it's not from the Parma region it'll be getting tossed. But we get our cheese from a specialty shop. I've known about fake virgin olive oils and steer clear-this is the first I've heard about Parmesan cheese.

I don't abide counterfeiters.

stark1

Lonesome Planet
I guess, "Parmesan" cheese falls into that category as well. At least in the EU.

So, all the "Parmesan" cheese sellers in US are also "copyright copycats". Damn that USA for letting the cheese companies do that. Same as the copycats in China. Seems like this is more a "human greed" thing than a "China" thing.

Greed is the worst sin. Lust in my favorite. :)

They actually got back to me this morning. They said they will send me 10 samples. They have not asked for any money yet. We'll see.

We will see, interesting drama unfolding.

Gotta wonder, sending 10, when you asked for 1; they have a loose decimal?

Hope the metal isn’t from repurposed radium rods. That certainly would deserve a surcharge.

Megaton

My worry with these counterfeits (other than the obvious intellectual property theft bit) would be more around what materials they are using for the o-rings, rather than the metal bits.

Wittgenstein

My worry with these counterfeits (other than the obvious intellectual property theft bit) would be more around what materials they are using for the o-rings, rather than the metal bits.

Oh, you should be worried. I read that it happens that steel imports are contaminated because some mafia somewhere found melting it into the steel to be a propper way to get rid of some atomic waste. That steel would be rather reasonable for a manufacturer to buy I guess. But I would agree that the chance that thoses VCs are glowing in the dark is rather small.

Top Bottom