• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

pxl_jockey

Just a dude
Customs questions again. I have just bought an older Omni from the Classifieds here and it is in GB and TNT asks for a 'tarriff code' and a description of the device. Any ideas?

Thanks, Witty
You don’t need no stinking tariff code. It’s a mate sending ya something from one EU member to another. I’m sending things all over the continent and never have any tariff or customs because I’m a human not a company. Must be something that I don’t understand or you’re making it more difficult than necessary...

Vapor4me

Hi folks,

I ordered an extra Vapcap tip to go ahead an mod it, so that it has less air restriction. I have seen that some here have already done so with success, and I was wondering if you had any tips and tricks for us without the right tools at home?

Thanks!
V4M

Nina

@Wittgenstein I would suggest asking the person to send your item via Royal Mail rather than TNT, I know that sometimes private couriers have extra rules and regulations when shipping items

with Royal Mail from the UK to Germany there is no Customs declaration to fill in, and even if there was the sender should just send it as a gift rather than a commercial item.

stark1

Lonesome Planet
Hi folks,

I ordered an extra Vapcap tip to go ahead an mod it, so that it has less air restriction. I have seen that some here have already done so with success, and I was wondering if you had any tips and tricks for us without the right tools at home?

Thanks!
V4M

If you take a fine needle file and file the air indents on top of the tip a bit, it helps to
ease the air constriction.

Squeezing the cap out of round may also help.

You will find the diamond files in Amazon, eBay, or possibly your local hardware store.

pxl_jockey

Just a dude
Hiya @Vapor4me not trying to be a dick (honestly :haw:) but if you don’t have the right tools at home then no amount of tips or tricks are going to help you. I mean, what do you wanna hear?

The way that all of us have modified the SS tip is to use a needle file to carefully make a groove at the end of each spiral, rocket science it ain’t. So long as you possess the appropriate tool. So I guess that’s my tip: pick up a cheap set of needle files for US$3-10 either in a local shop or online. You’ll only need one of them but you will want to pick the right profile. And they’re handy to have around, as you have just learned! :lol:

IIRC, there’s a post on how to do this in the “Best of” at the top of the portable section, but it’s pretty intuitive. A good trick would be: borrow one/set of files from a friend! :D

EDIT: @stark1 beat me to the punch, but that’s nothing new. :disgust:

stark1

Lonesome Planet
[QUOTE="stark1, post: 1212215, member: 2527]

Rg4VgT9.jpg
[/QUOTE]

:mmmm: Great idea! Friend, or neighbor might have a set!

Last edited:

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Most multi-tools have a small file, my Leatherman was great for the job, still wish I hadn`t done it to my s/s tip though.

pxl_jockey

Just a dude
swap with a friend with an unmolested tip
LOL! I love ya @LesPlenty and the way you employ language to make me laugh. Here and elsewhere, I always look forward to what you’ve got to say.

@Hippie :tup: on the rotary tool solution and the recommendation of cleaning before sucking! I’m forever leaving out the little parts that’ll get a person killed, you might have just saved a life. Bravo! :clap: :clap:

The last SS tip I received in a moment of poor judgment from the German entrepreneur/philosopher @Dynavaper was the latest ‘18 model and before I de-filed it, I ran a few loads through it for science. Now I might have been stoned, but it seemed less restrictive than the ‘17 was. I still got my groove on tho.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I get a big kick from the ingenuity and imagination of users in the VC threads. I greatly admire such efforts and in no way have any interest in discouraging them. I myself got some needle files early on and and notched the grooves of my M17 tip to slightly increase airflow, tho I have not done so with my M18 tip.

That being said I would like to remind folks that there is a great deal of engineering in the VC design and quite a bit of research and testing, including that which we have provided as users, and while over time the tips have continued to be developed and improved, there has been no (or little) attempt to radically increase the airflow in the tips. I think the reason for this is most likely that by increasing airflow we reduce the amount of time the air is in close proximity (and under pressure?) to the hot cap (and to what ever degree the tip) where the heat is coming from therefore reducing vapor production. The cap is less than an inch (+/- 15mm), after all, and not a very long path for air to flow and get hot.
You each can evaluate the effectiveness of your mods and how well they improve your experience, but that I think is what increasing airflow too much might result in and what you need to watch for in trying to make hitting a VC easier.

Just thinking out loud... ;)

Last edited:

Wittgenstein

@Wittgenstein I would suggest asking the person to send your item via Royal Mail rather than TNT, I know that sometimes private couriers have extra rules and regulations when shipping items

with Royal Mail from the UK to Germany there is no Customs declaration to fill in, and even if there was the sender should just send it as a gift rather than a commercial item.

Yes, Royal Mail worked out fine. Thank you all for information and advice.

Most multi-tools have a small file, my Leatherman was great for the job, still wish I hadn`t done it to my s/s tip though.

Hehe, yes. Also ordered a new ss tip because I am unsure if it wasn't better before the mod :) Fact is, I can take looong draws - like inhaling and not as a cigarette type of draw - from my modded ss tip to get really big hits. But that is not necessarily what I want all the time.

But maybe its just only VAS.

Witty

Last edited:

GtrBob

Hi folks,

I ordered an extra Vapcap tip to go ahead an mod it, so that it has less air restriction.
V4M

Finally got a VapCap [M]. I'd been planning all along on filing notches for more air, but I do not see the problem. In fact I've taped over the finger hole too. Draws fine for me.

I looked thru my wood scrap pile for something exotic as a magnet/cooler piece.
All I came up with was this broken zebrawood thrift shop freebie.

Voila: the neodymium water buffalo suppository!

DSCN0435_zps7ggqtaq2.jpg

Wish I could trim off, sand , and polish what's left of the "rider" but man, this wood is hard and dense.
At least drilling the bu**hole was easy.

Helios

I really don't understand Americans regarding their love for so sweet things

This and a sedentary lifestyle is the reason 70% of Americans are Over weight:disgust:

from my modded ss tip to get really big hits. But that is not necessarily what I want all the time.

I have tried to like to modded SS tips and prefer it stock with draw resistance, and like you, some days I don't need milky rips, a few sips here and there and on with the day/night..no big deal

Top Bottom