stark1

Lonesome Planet
https://mjarsenal.com/collections/a...blunt-bubbler-the-martian?variant=32566255489

Just ordered one of these, the glass version of a silicone one I have found surprisingly good for its tiny size. FYI because there’s a 25% coupon BACK2SKOOL in effect at the moment, if anyone else is curious about these.

The tapered glass bowl, I found, does not mate well with a VapCap mouthpiece—unless, you use
a fat rubber mouthpiece from DV.

The silicone version might be a bit more fitting.

We are an adaptive bunch, so there are probably other alternatives. Such as silicone adapters.

Papi

SevGen
The tapered glass bowl, I found, does not mate well with a VapCap mouthpiece—unless, you use
a fat rubber mouthpiece from DV.

The silicone version might be a bit more fitting.

We are an adaptive bunch, so there are probably other alternatives. Such as silicone adapters.
Delta 3D studios makes silicone adapters that will fit just about anything. Vapcaps included.

Andy Capp

Accessory Maker
Hey what’s up, my first post and I am still fairly new to vaping. I am a machinist by trade and in my spare time I’ve made a few toys here and there. Anyway !

Thanks for all of the pioneering that’s been done especially by Pipes and a few other accessory designers to make vaping easily enjoyable.

I love my DynaVap 2018m but I found it to be restricted out the tube. I saw the ti tip has notches at the face of the tip so I gave my M better airflow by adding that enhanced feature plus a few others.

A little tid bit, I found a weak point in the 2018 M , see if you can spot it. I may have a few more projects to accompany my VapCap in the near future.

Vape up !

My IG page.

https://instagram.com/p/BnaGxA6gscp/

Last edited by a moderator:

Dutch-Mic

My wife is not into vaping and vaporizers, but today she said something that hitted the nail on the head. I took a quick hit from my VC, used the Dynastash to check the herbs and quickly put the cap back on the tip. I looked up and saw my wife looking at the Vapcap. She said: "wow... I didn't saw it before, but it's such a clever design." It was one of those moments that she was right and I didn't had a problem to admit that :D

Nice M18 and welcome!

Support@lamart

Company Representative (Lamart Tubo)
Company Rep
@davesmith clear/serum 14mm w/carb..

b5igq8.jpg

:hmm:

Andy Capp

Accessory Maker
@davesmith clear/serum 14mm w/carb..

b5igq8.jpg

:hmm:

Nice set up. Is that a Portside or is that your own IH ?

My wife is not into vaping and vaporizers, but today she said something that hitted the nail on the head. I took a quick hit from my VC, used the Dynastash to check the herbs and quickly put the cap back on the tip. I looked up and saw my wife looking at the Vapcap. She said: "wow... I didn't saw it before, but it's such a clever design." It was one of those moments that she was right and I didn't had a problem to admit that :D

Nice M18 and welcome!
Thank you for the welcome.

Last edited by a moderator:

VapCap

Manufacturer
Greetings,

Been a while, so I thought it was time for an update.
I needed to catch up on this thread before writing, and I must say, the creativity I see here is inspiring! It is awesome to see people customizing and modifying our products. This collective work by all of you only accelerates the evolution of the product line. So quick summary on this topic, Love the work, keep it up.

So onto a few other items.

We've been busy in the shop, working on improving many of our systems and procedures. It amazes me how much complex organization it takes to manufacture these devices.

Then recently, I took a trip to northern Wisconsin. Did a few hikes and saw some nice sights.

here are a few.

Stopped in at Copper Falls.

IMG_20180816_143854875_HDR_zpsiu5zn7ys.jpg

Pretty park, and found some fungi along the way.

g.png

Lions mane I believe. Delicious.

IMG_20180819_122854410_HDR_zpsabslzi1i.jpg

And this cute little guy.

IMG_20180817_122154188_HDR_zpsd4i3sdbb.jpg

Then a quick stop along the Bad river, and yes that is the actual name.

IMG_20180816_144918135_HDR_zpskv43n9lu.jpg

This picture really caught my attention. No filters, just really nice lighting at that moment and location.

So then onward through this town. I wonder what they are known for?

IMG_20180818_124510023_HDR_zpsyzmoqcuc.jpg

We continued our way up to the south coast of Lake Superior. Then around to Duluth and up to the north coast. This is such a big lake it is hard to comprehend. The storms back in the day were so fierce, the shipping companies demanded lighthouses.

Here is one of them. Split rock.

IMG_20180819_145034199_HDR_zps26ol8udb.jpg

The gigantic scale of this lake give me much to contemplate. It is half as big as the state I live in!
Very deep and typically very cold and clear.

So this kinda sums it up for now, but hope to have some more news next week.

Cheers,

George

Andy Capp

Accessory Maker
2009v2x.jpg
Wow George ! @VapCap amazing update !!
I’m stunned at the timing of your appearance. I love what DynaVap has done, y’all have enhanced my daily indulgment and you have maximized the amount I use on my seasoning of choice.
I am new to the DynaVap community and I too love & appreciate what other accessory designers have accomplished. I am eager to see what the cap will evolve into and I am awaiting the arrival of the DynaVap IH portable.
I love what was done with the 2018M it’s great at that price point. I felt like the M I received was too restricted so I added more airflow to the tip into the cap. Also I was having trouble finding the condenser hole with my fat fingers so I enhanced that as well as I added more grip for the warm up.

I love it ! It’s not perfect but it works perfectly!

Last edited:

stark1

Lonesome Planet
Hi, Andy great that you are experimenting with lessening the air flow restriction.

In scoring the added channels, wondering if you went with the grain, instead of contrary, would you get a similar effect, or enhanced airflow.

Seems since they are opposing, they may be cancelling each other, to some extent.

Plus, it would be easy on the eye.

Just my :2c:. If it works for you, congrats! :tup:

Have you considered shortening the cap length a tit so that the first fin is not covered.

Andy Capp

Accessory Maker
Hi, Andy great that you are experimenting with lessening the air flow restriction.

In scoring the added channels, wondering if you went with the grain, instead of contrary, would you get a similar effect, or enhanced airflow.

Seems since they are opposing, they may be cancelling each other, to some extent.

Plus, it would be easy on the eye.

Just my :2c:. If it works for you, congrats! :tup:

Have you considered shortening the cap length a tit so that the first fin is not covered.
So that’s a good question @stark1 I did say that it wasn’t perfect but it works perfectly. So my honest answer about the helix pitch and direction I used (since I’m no engineer) is that it doesn’t really matter. The point is to get more air into the cap. The other honest answer is that I couldn’t lol. I couldn’t reproduce the helix pitch used by DV on a CNC machine on my manual machine. Also I like to be different and this is only my first piece. About the cap, it is hard to see in any footage but I did clip the first fin with my helix grooves. That first fin is a little smaller than the others by design already which allows plenty of air to pass through. The restriction was at the face of the tip, there was little to no airflow, it gave me major headaches. But it’s all good now! Thanks for checking it out.

Last edited:

LesPlenty

Company Rep
I still regret opening up the airflow on my M18, it now performs like my Ti tips, I miss the extra resistance when doing mouth pulls it used to give. I missed it so much that I ordered a new s/s tip but Dynavap mistakenly sent me another Ti tip.:lol: They really looked after me for their `mistake' but I still did not end up with a new s/s tip :haw:
I have a friend that only has a standard M18 that might appreciate the better air flow, I hope he wants to swap tips with me.:tup:

paehtod

More photo of my first @phattpiggie vapcap stem, I found that mouth pull technique best work with the tip with more restriction, the newest ti tip with supreme air flow will work best with Vong for water piece.

Rainny Saturday morning
10qxbio.jpg

5xpyqf.jpg

iqzxxu.jpg

And a Video for the stem working
The WPA function was not intentional but it work like intentional:love:

Last, a wonderful lunch after few vapcaps - Thai style soy sauce trotters with rice
sdof82.jpg

nx10kw.jpg

:leaf: Sorry if you didn't have breakfast yet:p

Last edited:

Andy Capp

Accessory Maker
I still regret opening up the airflow on my M18, it now performs like my Ti tips, I miss the extra resistance when doing mouth pulls it used to give. I missed it so much that I ordered a new s/s tip but Dynavap mistakenly sent me another Ti tip.:lol: They really looked after me for their `mistake' but I still did not end up with a new s/s tip :haw:
I have a friend that only has a standard M18 that might appreciate the better air flow, I hope he wants to swap tips with me.:tup:
I don’t miss the headaches, I am very happy with my results. Thanks for the input. Have a vape day !

StringTheorista

I just finished the honey that was in this jar. 1st attempt to post a video...
Edit:that didn’t work. Here’s a pic
3588bkl.jpg

Have to work on my technique—I think it clicked cooler than when I use my single torch. I like the quiet of it. (No IH to compare. (Im)patiently waiting on dynavap’s IH.

Last edited:

MaalboroMan

Reporting after about 2 months of using the vapcap M...a few nice things I've observed in this time:
[ATTENTION: LONG POST AHEAD]

1) Optimum flame-distance by ear: I'd started out with a double flame lighter, but moved to a single flame. The great thing with this one is that I can now go through the heat-up process mostly without looking at it. I've discovered another form of aural feedback in the heating process.
When I have the cap just touching the tip of the inner bright blue flame (my sweet spot), the flame is relatively quiet. If I go any deeper into the inner flame, there's a distinct hissing sound of the flame hitting the cap. This is the 'hiss-zone' where it starts forming red hotspots on the cap and combusts relatively easily. So if I'm watching TV or reading, I just give it an initial 2-second glance as I initially position the flame and vapcap together. After that, I just spin the vapcap and every time I hear that sound (it's more of a 'hiss' compared to the 'hush' of the butane escaping the nozzle) I unconsciously move it away from the flame. No risk of overheating. And if I'm outdoors or there's a fan/AC running, I actually keep the cap in the 'hiss-zone' to make up for the extra heat being lost. It's just a bit of added convenience but I'm really using this a lot :)
Only works with the single flame, though.

2) VC as a herb-taster and tester: I still can't get over the flavours I'm getting through this. I just discovered a very subtle but nice ginger-like flavour in my hash which I'd never detect if I were smoking it. It's like listening to your favorite song on expensive headphones and discovering a hidden instrument track. I'm a connoisseur now :D
Another pro is that the average number of heat cycles I get out my herb tells me pretty accurately how good the herb is. It helped me make an informed decision between two equally untrustworthy dealers selling 2 different varieties. (We don't have strain names or dispensaries here)

3) Vaping the reclaim is so easy! Awesome efficiency-bonus every few days :) I squeeze a tiny cotton-ball through the condenser, then pull it apart so its uniformly aerated, less messy to handle and a nice golden colour. I get way more heat cycles AND more clouds per heat cycle out of this than with my regular herb, so I sometimes keep it as a pre-fill for outdoor use. The vapour is noticeably less aromatic than with the herb itself, another plus for outdoors. It might have a smoky flavour if you've combusted recently though.

4) Preheating works like magic! Taking 1-2 pre-draws before the click is like activating some kind of turbo mode. Flavour AND big clouds on the first hit! In those 1-2 pre-draws, you'll feel just warm/hot air on your tongue, so you know the bowl is only getting pre-heated without any real extraction.

5) Hash: With hand-rubbed hash (charas), I'm following pretty much the process described by @drzen here. I flatten as much as possible between thumb and forefinger and break up the little pancake. Then, instead of putting it on top of the cotton/hemp, I mix it up inside it by pulling the fibers apart. It's important to check that the flattened crumbs aren't on the outside of the cotton wad, where they'd end up touching the inside of the bowl. That'd result in hardened residue that you'll have to scrape away later. Surprisingly, I'm using the exact same heating technique as for the herb and getting great results.

Cheers to Team Dynavap!

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
1) Optimum flame-distance by ear: I'd started out with a double flame lighter, but moved to a single flame. The great thing with this one is that I can now go through the heat-up process mostly without looking at it. I've discovered another form of aural feedback in the heating process.
When I have the cap just touching the tip of the inner bright blue flame (my sweet spot), the flame is relatively quiet. If I go any deeper into the inner flame, there's a distinct hissing sound of the flame hitting the cap. This is the 'hiss-zone' where it starts forming red hotspots on the cap and combusts relatively easily. So if I'm watching TV or reading, I just give it an initial 2-second glance as I initially position the flame and vapcap together. After that, I just spin the vapcap and every time I hear that sound (it's more of a 'hiss' compared to the 'hush' of the butane escaping the nozzle) I unconsciously move it away from the flame. No risk of overheating. And if I'm outdoors or there's a fan/AC running, I actually keep the cap in the 'hiss-zone' to make up for the extra heat being lost. It's just a bit of added convenience but I'm really using this a lot :)
Only works with the single flame, though.

In my experience, the tip of the outer almost invisible flame is where you want to be.

Top Bottom