• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

beyond6strings

Just another traveller in the Cannaverse
@beyond6strings is it possible it's the finer particles from the VC bothering you? I'm gunna try the hemp filter myself..

My SO keeps calling my dynastash a dugout. I gotta break her if that habit :shrug:

It is possible. But I get particles from my LB, Milaana and Solo too. And they don't get me. My Solo stem is much dirtier than any of my my Water Wands and that never irritates my throat or lungs.

But none of them have the density of vapor that the vapcap produces. @VapCap has produced a beast.

I use about the same amount of flower in all my vapes; about .05-.07g. It can take me 12 minutes and 8-10 long draws on my Solo to finish off the load, 6-8 on-demand draws on either my LB or Milaana to finish off the load, 4 click-to-click draws using my Omni natively to finish off the load, and 2-3 click-to-click draws if I'm using @DDave Water Wands to finish off the load.

To me the math, and the stem residue, is pointing to vapor density as the bigger culprit as being an irritant.

But I am curious as to how I could seat a piece of hemp fiber when I'm using a SS tip or Ti Tip in the full chamber setting. Because I should check everything off the list that I can.

Squiby

@Squiby how do you place the hemp fiber in a SS tip when there's only one screen position?

There are a few options...

Top Filter:

Wind a wad of degummed hemp fiber, a couple inches long, into a tight flat spiral pancake. Push it into the herb chamber and tamp it flat over the screen. Add your herb, heat and toke. As you dump your ABV, be aware that the plant material may get a bit caught up on the filter. Unground herb works best using this approach.

Filter Sandwich:

Place a filter on top of the screen as described above. Place another screen on top and push down to the desired depth. The screen may fit tightly. If it does not, place a c-clip on top of the screen to secure it. I use the e-clips that came with the early model tips that secured the ceramic filters.

Easy Under:

Remove your tip from your stem. Ball up a small wad of degummed hemp fiber and shove it up the neck, under the screen.

All of these will trap any tiny bits from entering you vapor path. Well worth the effort IMO.

Last edited:

mrb

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
@mrb: Thank you very much! :tup: I was sooo close to think that I overdosed myself today. Now I know that everything's okay and my inner world is still in line with the outter world. :clap:

But I wonder: Did George ever communicate why they have chosen to go that path with the Omnis? I would have expected everything from wide open to fully closed, but not something in between. But fully closed does not work too, as we all know. Strange decision...
I actually asked about it when i met him. The condenser needs to be longer to be able to meet and close off the tip properly given the amount of travel/adjustment available from the current design..

As someone who likes it wide open, i had to file mine down. The only reason i bought the omni condenser was for a more robust long lasting device as my DD, the adjustable aspect is irrelevant to me :)

-dab8-

Dyna-saur

Top Filter:

Wind a wad of degummed hemp fiber, a couple inches long, into a tight flat spiral pancake. Push it into the herb chamber and tamp it flat over the screen. Add your herb, heat and toke. As you dump your ABV, be aware that the plant material may get a bit caught up on the filter. Unground herb works best using this approach.

Filter Sandwich:

Place a filter on top of the screen as described above. Place another screen on top and push down to the desired depth. The screen may fit tightly. If it does not, place a c-clip on top of the screen to secure it. I use the e-clips that came with the early model tips that secured the ceramic filters.

Easy Under:

Remove your tip from your stem. Ball up a small wad of degummed hemp fiber and shove it up the neck, under the screen.

All of these will trap any tiny bits from entering you vapor path. Well worth the effort IMO.
i was going to ask you how you “blow out” the abv without accidentally losing your filter, but it seems like the “easy under” technique or the double screen sandwich technique would secure your homemade filter while still keeping everything smooth. Or do you not have trouble with the filter coming out regardless of which technique? Do you change your filter with every cap-full?

As someone who likes it wide open, i had to file mine down. The only reason i bought the omni condenser was for a more robust long lasting device as my DD, the adjustable aspect is irrelevant to me :)

I like having the option to mess with the carb (except through water), but I agree about the Omni adjustable feature being lost on me. I bought it because it’s titanium. I literally might even buy a titanium condenser and titanium spinning mouthpiece and turn my Omni into a... I don’t even know what that would be called actually.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I prefer to take my time so sippin and dippin is spot on for me.
You have said this before and I find it interesting because the reason I can't seem to get comfortable with your Sip and Dip technique is because I feel like it is pushing me to consume more or hit faster than I normally would. I like to stop between hits. This method kind of makes the VC a session vape and that isn't really my style.
I literally might even buy a titanium condenser and titanium spinning mouthpiece and turn my Omni into a... I don’t even know what that would be called actually.
A Uni I think?

JamesTiberiousKirk

This is not only highly educational content @Squiby, but after a couple of caps, highly erotic advise.

Top Filter:

Filter Sandwich:

Easy Under:

FlushedNotRushed

Alright guys, so I think I found my method for now. I found feathering the carb ( placing the finger on / off or rolling finger on / off) would make me cough for some reason. So instead, I just cover HALF the carb with my finger and do a constant, slow draw and at the end clear it like a bowl by exposing the entire carb.

But now I have another question. Sometimes when I hit the M (I use a single flame and light the cap at the very bottom and without the flame touching the actual unit to increase the temperature. Well, I RESPECT the click. I stop lighting as soon as I hear the click and then I wait a second or two and pull. I notice I sometimes get a sizzling / crackling sound from the side of the bowl. I googled it and someone mentioned it was terps sizzling but then again, I'm not sure.

Any suggestions on the sizzling? Thanks guys.

Squiby

i was going to ask you how you “blow out” the abv without accidentally losing your filter, but it seems like the “easy under” technique or the double screen sandwich technique would secure your homemade filter while still keeping everything smooth. Or do you not have trouble with the filter coming out regardless of which technique? Do you change your filter with every cap-full?

I tap my tip on the edge of my ABV box.

21z9le.jpg

I don't blow out my ABV and I'm not sure if it would work well with the filters in there. The filter gets changed when I clean the Vapcap and that is when the taste goes off. I don't change the filter after every bowl.

-dab8-

Dyna-saur
I tap my tip on the edge of my ABV box.

21z9le.jpg

I don't blow out my ABV and I'm not sure if it would work well with the filters in there. The filter gets changed when I clean the Vapcap and that is when the taste goes off. I don't change the filter after every bowl.
Ok, that makes more sense then. Thanks! Love that ABV container! Can I ask where you got it?

Dynalowrider

Sizzle = reclaim.
As I have said before, "There is no perfect way to enjoy the VapCap System, every way you can think of is the perfect way." I will be heating an "Omnivong" with a torch, and I think a Waterwand would taste great right now. And it tastes fantastic. Then I remember the reclaim in the Waterwand, and I harvest it and vape it. My face is melting.
See I told you, "There is no perfect way to enjoy the VapCap System, every way you can think of is the perfect way." Doc

ClearBlueLou

unbearably light in the being....
Just one egg today— the girls are getting old, in the hen haus.

& you can almost smell Fall
in the air. Winter won’t be lagging far behind.

The cool, lush, summer grass has never felt better between your bare toes, today.

—Ahh, I, too, am growing old(er).:ko:

50f0x.jpg
I envy you: it’s been August here since March...not a trace of the turning wheel.

On the plus side, all my allergens (which are late summer) bloomed and died a few months ago....this past “winter” was so mild, despite the frozen precipitation, that there was no real point in digging out coats, jackets and sweaters.

Dynavaper

Karma Farmer
Does anybody here have the postal address of the Dynavap LLC at hand? I have to return something to them, but cannot find any address on the website. Is it this one?

Dynavap, LLC
5338 Norway Grove School Rd
Deforest, WI 53532
USA

I have found this on another website, but I am not sure if it's right.
I also asked Dynavap directly, but I guess it is still night there for many hours and I would like to bring it to the post office as soon as possible...

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
@cybrguy the VC covers individual vaping needs beautifully.
You prefer a hit every now and again while I am looking for a more joint like experience usually spread over a minute and a half or so.
I probably consume about an eighth a week and this has been pretty consistent for the last two years, something I'm more than happy with given the prices over here.

@Dynavaper yes that's the address.

Helios

Do you prefer the long or short version with that piece? I have the same one and need one of these wands in my life.

they are both in rotation, loaded and ready, the longer one I prefer with this set up, I have a smaller bong that works well with the shorter wand, for me water tools are great for harsh vapor that bites the throat and irritates the lungs.
"There is no perfect way to enjoy the VapCap System, every way you can think of is the perfect way." Doc
this:peace:

Last edited:

stark1

Lonesome Planet
I envy you: it’s been August here since March...not a trace of the turning wheel.

On the plus side, all my allergens (which are late summer) bloomed and died a few months ago....this past “winter” was so mild, despite the frozen precipitation, that there was no real point in digging out coats, jackets and sweaters.

Things are a bit topsy turvy -“fake climate change”-weather-wise-worldwide.

With drought and firestorms raging in many areas, and furious floods along the East Coast, I feel blessed to have my parade rained upon here in the hills of Massachusetts.

The “grass” has never been greener. haha

The irony of it is that beer brewers are running out of carbon dioxide supplies. Go figure.

The only thing fake is a declining presidency, in my book. A flood subject.

@Dynavaper, correct. The address is also on the green envelopes.
OH, Pp already sd that :ko:

Last edited:
Top Bottom