Next question. With which tool do you empty your ABV. I give just a short hard blow through the mp. But even when using a tool I can't loose the screen. Do you push your screen while inserting with a bit force at each point all around until it sits fast under the rim?

I always use the cap to empty the tip. When placing the screen inside the tip, I usually push with the mouthpiece until it's in place. Then, I either leave it as it gets, or I push the middle of the screen with the condenser. I have tried both ways to see if the placing technique is related to the screen falling off so often but apparently nope...

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense
Better use something like a 8mm bolt to push it in evenly until all sides are seated under the rim. And dont use a tool for emptying the ABV just blowing is enough - nearly ever.

And you are hoping for a small IH by DV - something like that?

578bdc6a590a053083941f3d8160858e.jpg

94de9cb8ef9b75d353d20fab5b603d8e.jpg

A reliable construction that way really would be an alternative from DV compared to all existing IH I can't recognize in the planned one.

beyond6strings

Just another traveller in the Cannaverse
Seating the screen is a useful ritual.

I use a small flat piece of rod slightly smaller in diameter
than the tip. Another at the other end ensures it clicks into place, flat.

A video or it isn't real.

This does look like a good time to point out to @VapCap that the long-awaited screen setting tool would be loved and adored by the Dynaverse. And we'd buy a shit-load of 'em too.

Chiron

Hi Willy -I empty my Ti tip by tapping straight down in an ashtray. I have never had a screen fall out or move at all. For me the tedium come with getting it set in the groove evenly and completely. Sometimes I think it is set correctly but it isn't. Once that is achieved, no issues. I wonder if different generations of tip have different fit.

Hippie

There are a few lighter mods in the thread if you have the time to find them ;)
Phattpiggie made a cowl for his lighter with a notch for the VC fins (almost like the vector pyramid above) so it sits in exactly the same position in the flame everytime, which looked like a good solution for windy conditions, although I think he did have to cut the digger outer off the cap to use it.
Hopefully this is his post (quote it in the reply box to see pics)
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/w...er-to-use-with-the-vapcap.23318/#post-1058592
I'm sure some1 else was selling something very similar at one point too

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
The LE tip I have has the same issue that @Willy has with Ti CCDs falling out of it. Not the first time I’ve had this happen. It seems like they’re either too big or too small and there’s no inbetween. The amount that Ti can flex before it takes a set is very little.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

I don’t know if I posted it here but I will no longer be making and selling vapourizer accessories for the foreseeable future. Due to difficulties finding a payment platform that wants to support vapourizers/cannabis products.

Sad part is that things are actually legal now in Canada and many of the States.

Last edited:

beyond6strings

Just another traveller in the Cannaverse
I don’t know if I posted it here but I will no longer be making and selling vapourizer accessories for the fore seeable future. Due to difficulties finding a payment platform that wants to support vapourizers/cannabis products.

Well that sucks dead donkey dicks. But I get it. I've had to be way more careful how and where I post pictures and videos as well as what goes into videos and pictures. As a musician I can't really live without YouTube and Google. And make no mistake-this is Google.

Hopefully if the Warren/Gardner bill gets passed they'll ease the restrictions on things like this.

Better use something like a 8mm bolt to push it in evenly until all sides are seated under the rim. And dont use a tool for emptying the ABV just blowing is enough - nearly ever.

And you are hoping for a small IH by DV - something like that?

578bdc6a590a053083941f3d8160858e.jpg

94de9cb8ef9b75d353d20fab5b603d8e.jpg

A reliable construction that way really would be an alternative from DV compared to all existing IH I can't recognize in the planned one.

This is amazing.

But all those wind shield hacks only solve the prob of upheating not the fast cooling down when it's cold. I don't like performance of the VC outside in cold wheather.

Where I live, cold weather is more the exception than the norm... To be honest, I'd be happy with a reliable solution for the wind.

Ricardo

@Willy Agree about outdoor use. Screens, I've lost a few but have some backups. Regarding emptying after use, I generally remove the cap and blow.
Another inconvenience is not being able to use the Vapcap while listening to loud music (on headphones, at a concert etc).
Otherwise, I luurrve my 'caps.

@Willy Agree about outdoor use. Screens, I've lost a few but have some backups. Regarding emptying after use, I generally remove the cap and blow.
Another inconvenience is not being able to use the Vapcap while listening to loud music (on headphones, at a concert etc).
Otherwise, I luurrve my 'caps.
Totally right about the noisy environments. But I already knew that beforehand when I purchased my Omni, so I decided to skip that complaint in my initial post. Having said that... Can you imagine having a cap that changes its color with temperature? For noisy environments, that would be freaking awesome because the user would know the temperature without having to listen! But I guess that this would imply developing a completely new technology... :'(

PD: I have some good heaphones with more or less decent noise-cancelling. What I do is to use them with one ear half uncovered to make sure I listen to my cap. Again, imagine a color Vapcap... :')

stark1

Lonesome Planet
Next question. With which tool do you empty your ABV. I give just a short hard blow through the mp. But even when using a tool I can't loose the screen. Do you push your screen while inserting with a bit force at each point all around until it sits fast under the rim?

I guess stark means this one?

ffbee6d4e243dfc74224a912d592f56b.jpg

@Hogni a (bulky) alternative

2nqcm68.jpg

Last edited:

Does anybody know how to transform a mod into a pocketable IH? And also, how many sessions of ~10 hits can one get from a mod-transformed IH? If enough, I believe that would be the perfect fit for outdoors use, don't you think?

stark1

Lonesome Planet
Yes. That might work. ;)

Mod as power source, only problem is the size of the induction coil kits, if they can be scaled down you might be able to have them comfortably pocketable.

A belt version is feasible, with the present sized kits....

Actually, a LiPo battery would be a better power source, such as those used for small drones.

Last edited:

Egzoset

Banned
Salutations Mr.Kite,
Salutations Willy,

Whats the latest news on the DV Induction Heater?

Judging from what i've read on FC lately i may want to bet, kind of early, that the DV's power output is going to range around 600 ~ 800 Watts; perhaps even with a DeLuxe 1 KW option, for those who wish all hesitation-promoting delays to vanish definitively. Plus i can foresee quite a fair bit of thick silicone bracing to keep sensitive skins away, always!

;)

...probably close to perfect...

Really?? IMHO the coming DynaVerse senario should relocate its helix heat-exchanger INSIDE, with heat insulation materials around, to contain it.

For example:

Wow! November 2010, already!! Still like it was yesterday.

:myday:

Euh...

Although i'm certainly no advocate of thin metallic structures for radiative sources in my cannabic path i guess a spiral-shaped foil weighting ~0.75 g would likely succeed in generating some sufficient amount of convective heat after being driven by a ~110 Watts (e.g. 135 W @ 85 %) ready-made 3rd-party IH driver as that evaluated by a few members.

Personally i'd prefer a properly contained compact/massive radiator with no fine/delicate metallic features to risk local over-heat, combined with the Curie effect so there's never enough power transfer to even risk over-heating in the 1st place...

M'well, i'm just saying. :2c:

Good day, have fun!! :peace:

Dynalowrider

As profitable as a pocket sized IH would be, and handy as the temp-colored coating would be, don't you think if it were possible it would be for sale somewhere? You guys read too many super hero comics. Someone should invent levitation, that would be fun, but wait that's impossible isn't it? I want x-ray vision and sight back in my right eye, but that s--t isn't gonna happen ether. I don't mean to be Debbie Downer, but you gotta follow the laws of Mother Nature. Ain't no such thing as "Magic". Doc

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense
@stark1 It's a joke, isn't it? Otherwise I absolutely don't get the construction principle

@Willy there are some problems to get this tiny IH reliable. I mean to remember it's heating coil construction/material is the reason.
Search the pic on my pinterest board and click on it and you will be guided to the post on FC.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
As profitable as a pocket sized IH would be, and handy as the temp-colored coating would be, don't you think if it were possible it would be for sale somewhere? You guys read too many super hero comics. Someone should invent levitation, that would be fun, but wait that's impossible isn't it? I want x-ray vision and sight back in my right eye, but that s--t isn't gonna happen ether. I don't mean to be Debbie Downer, but you gotta follow the laws of Mother Nature. Ain't no such thing as "Magic". Doc
You are seriously lacking faith in human ingenuity. Because something hasn't been developed YET than its impossible? Man, that's crazy talk. Look at space, look at electric cars, look at cancer treatments, look at active prosthesis. Hell man, look how close we are to a flying suit.
You gotta have more faith. The truth is nearly ANYTHING is possible given enough time and money...

Top Bottom