stardustsailor

Accessory Maker
Legit Panic! I read that line and practically shouted “Oh Shit!!”. My wife heard me from three rooms away and then it was on. Spent the next few hours reading then explaining then rereading and re-explaining to my wife that I didn’t need to go to the ER. She especially didn’t like the part where I told her “if I was going to die, I’d probably be dead already at this point...”. The fact that I read all of this right after a really good session probably didn’t help my anxiety!

@Sds, I absolutely agree about Whink and children. This was my biggest take away from my “research” and the info you posted. I have a 15 m/o daughter and this stuff will no longer be stored in our house. I’m actually thinking about just getting rid of the rest but I feel like as soon as I do, I will want to change my color.

I guess my fear with the o rings is I tend to extract as much as I can as fast as I can. I will reheat immediately after the cooling click and I’ll usually blast 2-3 caps like this in a short amount of time. This leads to my Omni body getting pretty hot to the touch, much hotter than it seems many of you experience. By the end of my session I usually can’t touch anywhere above my carb hole for more than a second or two. I guess this would still never hit the temp necessary to degrade the ring though?

No ,never.
Decomposing of FKM starts at ~400°C .
At higher temp than ~ 230°C ( at the cap clickers )you can kiss your cap "goodbye".
It will stop working permanently.
To reach 400°C at the o-ring site ,means that at the cap site the temperature has reached probably over 750-800 °C.

BTW, I'm "stardustsailor "
"Sds "is another FC member .

Could you get the scoop from George so we can know for sure. If they did indeed change the Cap, then that will effect just about every future order. :)

:2c:
The caps I'm referring ,have been bought towards the end of January 2018.

Mods : Please merge !

Last edited by a moderator:

Summer

Long Island, NY
-( a batch of ? ) New Caps : The older caps were much more responsive .
No it's not my idea ,I've confirmed it and it's not just me insisting on that.
The new caps are way P-R-O-B-L-E-M-A-T-I-C compared to the good ol' ones.
They take forever to click while cooling down and it is far more easier to combust the load.
Also the vapour produced is much-much harsher and hotter.
Something is really wrong with those caps.
Personally I consider the new caps unusable.
Maybe it was just a bad batch .

:nod:

Thank you @stardustsailor, you read my mind. I intended to post about this in a few days when I get to run through the cool-down timings again. The new caps I just received & the ones I received previously take too long to cool down. The ones I received during the 7/4/17 sale are great, but with these newer ones I feel I wasted my money, & I'm not happy about it. I'll post a x-up as soon as I can.

mrb

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
@Guiltfeeder
Thanks for the best post I've read in a while! :) i was also laughing my ass off. Not at you but with you, because YEAH sure - read all that info and shit your self - who wouldn't!

I think peoplet kindly post because it is stuff to be aware of. Take on board and use sensibly.

Now can we see your anodizing results PLEASE! :)

@Squiby
A legend as always! Thank you. I've copied your results and added them to my file of "dv facts that interest me".

But isn't the 4th Gen the heaviest ti-tip yet (just) according to your info. I'm a tad drunk and spent almost 60seconds re-confirming that from your results .. And might still be wrong?

What I find most interesting out of all of it is..
- how the extra mass of the 6th gen tip does not seem to change the heat or cool times compared to 5th gen.
- how the extra 2 fins (and surface area) on the 4th gen only serve to lengthen heat/cool times compared to the equal mass 6th gen (5 fin) tip.

(Just my experience of tip behavior - but i burn viton for sniffs)

Guiltfeeder

Dynavap and disc golf
@Guiltfeeder
Thanks for the best post I've read in a while! :) i was also laughing my ass off. Not at you but with you, because YEAH sure - read all that info and shit your self - who wouldn't!

I think peoplet kindly post because it is stuff to be aware of. Take on board and use sensibly.

Now can we see your anodizing results PLEASE! :)

@mrb I will try to post some pictures soon. I’m about to put the finishing touches on my skeletor box. Once I finish I will try to post some pics of everything. Overall the anodizing went pretty well. The tip and body came out fairly even color-wise but the mouth piece has a little mark that didn’t take full color. I think I bumped it with the wire during the process or something. I do miss the mirror finish it once had but the gold will match the theme to my IH.

Squiby

I guess my fear with the o rings is I tend to extract as much as I can as fast as I can. I will reheat immediately after the cooling click and I’ll usually blast 2-3 caps like this in a short amount of time. This leads to my Omni body getting pretty hot to the touch, much hotter than it seems many of you experience. By the end of my session I usually can’t touch anywhere above my carb hole for more than a second or two. I guess this would still never hit the temp necessary to degrade the ring though?
If this is your fear, whether the feared possibilities are real or imagined, then I suggest that you reassess your heating technique. You think you may be heating more aggressively than many of us. You might be right. My Vapcaps don't get hot at all except for the hot end. Warm maybe but definitely not hot. Can you try to heat more gently at a slower pace? A slower, more casual session may help to alleviate your worry about overheating the o-rings.

If you doubt them, why push it?

But isn't the 4th Gen the heaviest ti-tip yet (just) according to your info. I'm a tad drunk and spent almost 60seconds re-confirming that from your results .. And might still be wrong?
but i burn viton for sniffs
No, no, you're right. According to the weight(s) of my 4th gen 7 fin ti tips, they are the heaviest models so far (excluding the earlier gen tips and prototypes). When I posted, I double checked my numbers and still got my conclusion wrong.:hmm: I'm pretty sure that my @stardustsailor stems are to blame for my foible. I just received a sexy new one a few days ago from Greece! Pics to come. This vape is hot!

Chiron

In praise of DHGate: Saw photos/links here, ordered June 10, got a ship notice June 13, arrived to me in Canada on June 20 :) Cheap, like $15, shipped free from China, and THAT fast!

4467RK2.jpg

I've hit off a friends bong decades ago, but never really used one much - was microdosing hash in a sebsi at the time :)

So going from a hot throat to a water cooled lungful was a real treat. Thanks for the inspiration :) Can't finish it yet, hehe.

edit: not so much a constant hot throat, but sometimes with a good hit from the nonavong......

Last edited:

Drexciya

Homage to the Deepsea Dwellers
Hi @Drexciya !
Stu has very kindly helped me with posting this vid' (Thanks Stu!) :bowdown::love:
Please note that I have only built a few stashes, and only sold 2 (Grasshopper), so this is still a design that I'm working on along with others.
Please consider yourself a Beta, no ALPHA tester!
The video shows how the stash is intended to be used, but feel free to beat on it to see how it endures!
However, please be certain that the sliding lid for the 'magazine' is FULLY shut before rotating the swivel lid EVERY TIME, as I've already broken one while under the influence of alchohol!
Wow, man, I watched that video a couple of times by now and the smile on my face keeps getting bigger and bigger. I showed it to a good friend of mine yesterday evening and we were cheering and high fiving by the end of it.
The sliding lid is especially useful if you have a stubborn cap that's too hot to handle, and too stuck for the magnet to remove, as it can be used to grip the hot cap for removal (you'll see what I mean once you have the stash in hand).
That sliding lid is so cool. You mentioned you were aiming for something a little different and this is it :) Nice one! You were also really precise in how many loads it would hold and now I know why and how you could be so precise. I really like that that magnet is hidden under that sliding panel as well.
Material can be sucked up into the VC, or as demonstrated in my video (sorry for quality) the VC can be inserted into the chamber with a twisting motion, and then inverted to drop the load into the VC tip (also with a twisting motion if the chambers are packed tight, or filled with entire budlets).
This method is especially inconspicuous and convenient, and I've found it very useful compared to loose herb.
Make sure the other chambers are covered before inverting the stash!
There is nothing wrong with the video quality and secondly, I know for sure that at one point I am not going to cover the other chambers while inverting it lol :) I can already see it happen. The fact that I can take different strains with me is a really neat feature as well man. I never thought about this possibility but now that you have shown it it seems so logical. The loading looks so easy with this system.
The stem/vong that I've made you has two O-rings fitted, but hopefully you won't need them as I've tried to size the stem to fit into your HGL WonG snug without them.
But including them at least shows you where they should be fitted if the stem is too loose in the HGL WonG!
Wow again, it's a beauty :) I really like what I see and can't wait to take this one for a test drive. You are probably right about the snug fit, I'll take some pictures of it while assembled with it. I really dig the grooves on the body for them.
As we discussed there is no carb, but for ease of cleaning there is a stainless liner (I adapted a regular DV condenser tube) that extends quite a long way from the end of the body.
Just slide the tip over the condenser tube, don't worry about how much it extends into the tip, it comes close to the CCD but won't touch it.
I have found that the condenser tube won't fit into one LE 7 fin tip I have without scraping tight to the inside of the tip, but it fits into all the other tips I have regardless of series ( and I have all but the very earliest tips, so you should be good there).
No carb for the win. I recently had my first no carb experience and I am all for it. Not having to look for a tiny hole makes things a lot easier for me. Thanks for adding that liner, it's a great addition. I'm gonna get me a brand new tip for this one.
Alologies for the VERY crude nature of the filling 'trough', it was a last minute inspiration and I didn't want to delay any further.
At first I restarted the video before the end so I didnt see the filling trough. I also read filing instead of filling and read trough as through. So when I watched the vid till the end the second time I understood what you meant. It's awesome man, the functionality is what counts here and it is very functional if you ask me.
If you encounter any issues PM me and I'll sort you out somehow!
I decided not to charge you for the stem, as the original idea was to 'pick you up' after your bad luck with the law, and charging for it doesn't really fit with that!
Besides, the stem was a lot easier than the stash :)
But you'll have to provide your own tip!
Wow, I just can't stop saying wow at the moment, yeah that was a crappy moment this year, but you and all the other lovely people over here made it a whole lot better and I don't know how yet but I will pay this forward. Thank you Copacetic, you are a wonderfull person. And I am proud to tell this story to everyone that wants to hear it.

If anyone has any comments or suggestions re' the stash I'd be glad to hear them BTW.
I'm working on various ideas and hope to post them here on FC once I've made more progress.
The way this turned out exceeded all my expectations. Did I already said WOW? Because WOW!.:love:

Copacetic

Somewhere North of The Wall
Wow, man, I watched that video a couple of times by now and the smile on my face keeps getting bigger and bigger. I showed it to a good friend of mine yesterday evening and we were cheering and high fiving by the end of it.
LOL!, well, I'm glad you like the idea Drex, and hope it works as well for you as the one I've been using for the last few weeks.
Watch out for that sliding lid though!
Be certain that it's FULLY closed before rotating the swivel lid shut.
BTW, the stash is Teak, and the stem and sliding lid are Bocote.

Let me know how your one stands up to real world use, hopefully it'll arrive soon (calligraphy accessories BTW :uhoh:, don't want no more of that unwanted attention that started all this! Lol).

:cheers:

Edit:
Thanks for the help with the video @Stu!

Drexciya

I haven't even talked about how the stash looks, but WOW again, that contrast is stunning man. I'll make sure to close the lid before the swivel. As soon as the calligraphy accessories (nice one) reach my mailbox I'll post a review and pics of them in their new surroundings.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
I went to a friends place today and started to open my vape travel bow when the old fart said "What electrickery are you gunna try and fuck me up with this time?" I pulled out my M18 and his eyes lit up as he exclaimed, "Fuck that must have tiny batteries" After I showed him how it worked (I did a middle tip duel torch heat and passed it to him to draw)he played it like a flute and let out a huge non coughing cloud and said, "get me 2". I explained about the M starter pack that is only US$100 plus freight to Oz and the bits it came with, he especially liked the sound of the dual flame Zippo it came with. I just went to order and the site says the lighter is temporarily out of stock and offer a pretty crappy looking single flame instead. I have sent them an email to see when they will be back, I can`t wait to help the crusty old bastard (he is near 50) get off combustion.
If I knew how to do one of them spoiler thingys I would put in it that I am only a couple years behind my crusty old geezer of a mate.
I think I have a hangover from the 9 or 10 Canadian Club and Dry cans I had for dinner, he is a good influence:)

Drexciya

stark1

Lonesome Planet
I look forward to Thor’s Day. Always a surprise.

Someone in Dynaworld care to clue us pee-ons?

A stone VapCap, to celebrate the Solstice in Amesbury?

@VapCap, Commemorating the Amesbury Sarsens

Make mine turquoise, please.

pJCOXmV.jpg
G

VapCap’s photo, cropped.

Last edited:

-dab8-

Dyna-saur
Happy solstice!

Was looking for lighters in preparation for my multi-vapcap Fourth of July sale purchase, and came across those plasma arc lighters.

Has anyone tried them? The dynacap sites does say ANY heat source...

Seems like it might discolor the metal though?

Top Bottom