Smokey McVape

So I got a little piece of hash from a mate cos I'm curious to try it. I don't want to go the herb sandwich route cos I just want to experience the hash. My friend says he finds it strong. I reckon I could chop\crumble the piece and have enough for 2 or 3 smallest setting TiCaps. But I don't remember if we should stop at the click or go 3 one thousand with pliable, resinous hash :\
@Ricardo - with hash go upto 3 seconds past the click or you will only get thin, whispy vapour. Use either hemp fibre or an S+B pad cut down to help keep the tip clean. Enjoy!

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
@cybrguy The wood was chewed up and I saved the condenser and tip. Not enough THC to cause any problems but the mouthpiece and body are toast!
Oh oh, you didn't mention the cap. You might want to watch for it... :o

I'm lost (sorry). What do you mean?
Soccer. Or as the rest of the world calls it, Football. It's the World Cup. I think it goes till the middle of July.

Last edited:

Megaton

Ok, so you guys who use your vapcap through water, whats the best way to go about it?

Ti tip or SS? Is the fat mouthpiece serviceable, or does it have to be a vong stem/ body? Whats the best/ most cost effective way of getting my M to work through a mobius sidecar knock off? (14.4mm joint i believe)

i have a Ti woody xls too, but i dont want to have to swop the tip or the stem out on that one really.

What i *want* is a ti xls vong, but its not the most cost effective option really.

Megaton,
Reactions: Lady V

Summer

Long Island, NY
@Megaton, you can use your fat mp on any 14mm joint. I use the ss tip through water because it stays hot longer. Others will say it doesn't matter.

i have a Ti woody xls too, but i dont want to have to swop the tip or the stem out on that one really.

What swapping??? All you have to do is put the fat mp on the mp end & put it in the joint.

If you like using the vc through water, use what you have with the fat mp until you can comfortably afford a vong, or if there's a good sale, you can pick up a vong stem & at a later time add the xl condenser & spin. mp.

BTW, if any of you have the e-nano silicone stem guards, you can insert the fat mp into the silicone guard & then insert the vc mp & it will work with an 18mm joint. Like the fat mp, not the ideal solution, but good for in a pinch.

Last edited:

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Ok, so you guys who use your vapcap through water, whats the best way to go about it?
The easiest way is with a Vong, nona or otherwise, because it mates natively with the glass female joint. The fat mouthpiece works ok, but not great (for me). There are lots of other dedicated adapters from folks like https://delta3dstudios.com/ or you can go with something built specifically for water use like @DDave's Water wands that work with a regular DV tip and cap. This one fits in the DStash.

I haven't used an SS tip yet, but I just ordered the M18 one and will try it with the water wand when they arrive. I am actually hoping to use this combo for the "sip and dip" method that's been advertised. :) I think the SS tip may be better for that.

And, btw, even tho the nonavongs are designed for glass use, they work great as regular VCs without using water/glass. I like the feel of them while spinning and take my XL one with the Ti MP out quite a lot.

Last edited:

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
specifically for water use like @DDave's Water wands that work with a regular DV tip and cap
That's the long wand.

The Custom Wand on my site made to fit inside dynastash, used as vapcap body directly, and interfaces with vast majority of 14mm water pipes on the market.

The vids at 420vapezone.com do an amazing job of showing the wands in action.

Thanks for the mention @cybrguy

Last edited:

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker

Ti tip or SS? Is the fat mouthpiece serviceable, or does it have to be a vong stem/ body? Whats the best/ most cost effective way of getting my M to work through a mobius sidecar knock off? (14.4mm joint i believe)

What i *want* is a ti xls vong, but its not the most cost effective option really.
I like my carbless Ti tipped Vongs and I almost exclusively use my vapcaps with glass rather than direct.

The carbless aspect makes a big difference to me because it saves me time trying to find it. I find that it’s easier the feather the hit by slightly lifting the vong out of the joint. This makes the setup behave like a manually operated omni.

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
Absolutely the same here. Find the carbhole to be quite useless. Plugged the hole of my vong with a piece of cork and simply lift the vong.
I don't use the carbs either personally, but from a medical user perspective dynavap was ingenious with their design of the carb and the condenser.

This allows those who may not be able to otherwise use their vaporizer, to hit it with the carb open to their preference and dilute and cool The Vapor flow.

beyond6strings

Just another traveller in the Cannaverse
Happy Father's Day!

IjgiHtC.jpg

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Absolutely the same here. Find the carbhole to be quite useless. Plugged the hole of my vong with a piece of cork and simply lift the vong.
I have no use/need for the carb hole when I am using a VC on glass (expecting to love the wand), but when using it straight I like and use it quite a lot. Even on my Omni which I leave about 80% closed, I feather that last 20%.

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
When I use my vapcap through water, I find myself lately always reaching for this little stubby wooden "Wong" that came with my Woodscents log, and pairing it with my DHGate stereo matrix sidecar. In fact, it's what I'm using at the moment here:
cEFdWQt.jpg

Before that, I'd been using my M with a glass wand I'd gotten with my DBV upgrade kit that I picked up from @DDave. The tip didn't fin in the glass snugly enough (like it does in his water wand kit now, which wasn't available back at that time), but I just used a little piece of silicone tubing about 2" long that just slid tightly over the M's body and the glass wand, then I put a bit of electrical tape around it.........I just went and found it and took a pic of it mated to the glass wand with the silicone tube. Here it is next to the wood Wong from @Ed's TnT :
EKNWkZB.jpg

And here it is on my water-piece, with the electrical tape over the tubing (keeps it stiff, so it doesn't wobble when I spin it while I heat), and a second little band of silicon tubing (all medical-grade tubing of course) that I use to keep the carb hole closed when using it with water:
oqOPw77.jpg

Both the stubby wong and the long glass stem work fine, but the wong just looks better (that glass-wand/silicon tube/Vapcap M contraption, while functional, is fucking ugly), and is more comfortable to use (the little stubby thing feels great in my hand, and it fits 18mm or 14mm).

Get a Vong if you can afford one, or a custom stubby wood stem, like what I have from @Ed's TnT , or something from one of the other custom wood stem people here like @phattpiggie or @Winegums. Or (and/or until then, or untill you can afford one like that), get one of @DDave's water wands. I'd say that one of those that you can just put a tip in is the best bang for your buck. They're just easier to break than the wood, and aren't as pretty as the wood. But they are functionally the same. Also, if you're big on saving reclaim, or making stem milk, those glass-wands are the way to go.

Also, as many have said here, the fat mouthpiece from Dynavap seals perfectly fine with a 14mm female glass connection, but I found it to be a pain in the ass after a while. That's what I used before I used the longer glass wand above. I started using it because I was sick of the fat mouthpiece.

If I had never bought the Woodscents Log vape, which came with the wood Wong adapter, then I'd probably have bought both a couple of @DDave 's glass wands and a stubby wood stem from someone I mentioned above, or a Vong from Dynavep.

Also, I don't remember seeing them on @Ed's TnT website, but I could have easily missed them, but if not, you may ask him if he has any extra of these little Wong adapters like the ones that come with his Woodscents vaporizers that he's be willing to sell by themselves. But whatever you do, from the little $1 fat mouthpiece from Dynavap, a piece of silicon, of a prettier wood stem that mates with the glass, there are many ways to do it. Experiment with what you have till you can afford something better. My guess is that you have something around the house that you can use to make it work till you can find something better!

Lady V

What’s the best method to clean discoloration off the tip? ISO soak didn’t work

Ι've been using baking soda and a toothbrush. Works like a charm. I've read others saying they use toothpaste.

Baking Soda does miracles when it comes to cleaning vape metal parts.
It easily removes most of residues (gunk ) and almost every odor ,
while being extra gentle with the metal surface.

ISO for greasy and oily substances ,baking soda for all the rest !

Cheers!

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
What’s the best method to clean discoloration off the tip? ISO soak didn’t work

I wouldn't know, as I've never tried.
It took a lot of use to create that unique patina, and I'm proud of it!

Thank you for that great response @Ramahs, very enlightening!

I don't even own a water tool yet (havnt had one in a long while!), so anything i can do to keep costs down in the first instance would be ideal.

You can make one. If uou've got a tube tube that the mouth end of your vapcap will fit inside of, or over...then you can cut a hole in something and make a water-tool. Hell, a pint-size gatorade bottle, and a silicon tube about 5-6 inches long, and you can make a water-tool to use with a Dynavap Vaporizer. It is ghetto, and looks like shit, and is more of a two-handed job to use, but it would accomplish the same thing that a nicer glass-piece accomplishes.

And, if you have any glass adapter, and a piece of silicon tubing, you can probably make a seal that works.

MAbud

I wouldn't know, as I've never tried.
It took a lot of use to create that unique patina, and I'm proud of it!

You can make one. If uou've got a tube tube that the mouth end of your vapcap will fit inside of, or over...then you can cut a hole in something and make a water-tool. Hell, a pint-size gatorade bottle, and a silicon tube about 5-6 inches long, and you can make a water-tool to use with a Dynavap Vaporizer. It is ghetto, and looks like shit, and is more of a two-handed job to use, but it would accomplish the same thing that a nicer glass-piece accomplishes.

And, if you have any glass adapter, and a piece of silicon tubing, you can probably make a seal that works.

You want the tip to be discolored? I’m not asking how to clean the cap...that one I could understand but a brownish tip doesn’t look very appealing

Top Bottom