1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

Dynavap VapCap

Discussion in 'Portable Vaporizers' started by Fenton Mewley, Jul 21, 2015.

1. Sander

Sander Active Member

Looks like the verdict is in, bigger is better ;)

2. mucsusn

mucsusn 60 going on 20

Immediate nomination for the out of context thread...........

3. nukku

nukku New Member

Hi guys

I'm having my first VC 18M coming. Really looking forward to try it. So you guys were talking about modifying the M. How you go with it?

I've had Herbolizer, Mighty, Volcano, Pax3 and now I bought second hand CFX and have a Plenty for the evenings to shut me down. Hopefully the M will work as good I been reading. I need to go all the way to get the pain medicated so I use pretty high temps. Seems these work good with that kind of approach and you get more balanced high/stone from the start and no need to keep sucking the vape for too long.
    Am I on the right path here? :)

I'm a medical user with Bedrocan prescription for chronic pain. Normally I use from 1g to 5g per day or more in winter times when the pain gets worse.

It's been pretty long read and I'm no where close to finish this thread. Keep on keeping on!

Cheers!

4. beyond6strings

beyond6strings Just another traveller in the Dynaverse

Welcome @nukku

I made my '18 M into an XL by using an XL condenser and a Ti spinning mouthpiece. I just took the M's condenser out, put the XL into the M body, and added the mouthpiece. It's an extra $40 but well worth it in my opinion. It's dangling from my lips as I type.

Cheers

5. Sander

Sander Active Member

I have a prescription myself. For chronic pain your best bet is "juicing"...eating bud raw, not heated. It reduces pain with no side effects...You don't feel high.
    Intake via the lungs is more for the head where consuming via stomach is for the body. I've never had any pain reduced through lung intake. My pain is very severe and some days unable to walk or stand.
    Lung intake for me is to help with appitite loss and sleep issues caused from the discomfort of my injuries. For some the idea of spending money on herb and not getting stoned is pointless but if using for medical purposes you don't want to be stoned 24/7, obviously it will have impact on your day to day life.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2018 at 1:46 PM
  6. nukku

nukku New Member

Thanks for a fast answer.
    So you sort of have two mouthpieces on line there? I was eyeing the compatibility chart and scratched my head how you get the XL in the M body.

Thanks !

7. wkndwarrior

wkndwarrior Active Member

I have never heard of this but am really intrigued.

8. Hippie

Hippie Well-Known Member

9. nukku

nukku New Member

Hi Sander

Normally I eat plenty of oil but decarbed. I have tried juicing and all things but decarbed in coconut oil with sunflower lecithin works the best for me. Then up it with vaping if needed.
    And I like the high :D

I'm at the moment waiting for charges for little over than 260 plants so I'm just able to medicate with the pharmacy stuff.
    Bedrocan is not the best herb sadly.

Thanks for the answer and welcomes!

I'll let you guys know how I like the M. I bet I'm pretty happy with it out from the box.
    If I really like it I think I'll go the Omni route. Is the 2018M having same size chamber than the Omni on the biggest setting? 0,1g?

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 13, 2018 at 1:56 PM
  10. Sander

Sander Active Member

I hadn't either until recently.. my doctor informed me. I use to eat but always cooked it so it got me stoned. It's the heat from cooking and smoking/vaping that releases the psychoactive chemicals. This explains why animals don't get high when they eat the crops.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2018 at 2:02 PM
  11. wall

wall Well-Known Member

Time to pull the M out, been to long and this thread has me itching to use it again

BigJr48, thatoneguy445, nukku and 4 others like this.
  12. mccringleberry

mccringleberry Well-Known Member

Who said I wasnt reaching the higher temps? I most definitely do, every single time I use my VC and nothing is wasted. Accidental combustion was not a requirement for me to learn how to achieve thorough extraction.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2018 at 2:20 PM
  13. Squiby

Squiby Well-Known Member

The M midsection is a stem length that integrates a milled mouthpiece. It uses a standard length condenser. If you remove that condenser and replace it with a longer XL condenser, a spinning mouthpiece will fit on the end, transforming it into the longer XL length.

Click to play YouTube Video

All the tips are the same size. The difference is the material, stainless steel on the M tip vs the titanium tips on the other models, including the Omni. Stainless steel heats and cools slower and titanium heats and cools faster. They both hold the same amount of herb, but the titanium tips have interior ridges that allow the screen to be set at different heights.

My tip can accommodate the following loads of Super Lemon Haze, stored with a 62% rh bodeva pack. This is according to my scale so it could vary +- depending on other more accurate scales and the amount of moisture in your bud.

Screen in bottom groove - .07 grams

Screen in middle groove - .05 grams

Screen in top groove - .03 grams

14. beyond6strings

Exactly. And since a picture is worth 1000 words.

[​IMG]

15. Summer

Summer Well-Known Member

16. cybrguy

cybrguy Patience Rewards

Hey, I didn't realize you had a magic VapCap. :whoa:

Kidding aside, I would never have been able to learn where the line is without occasionally going over it. Neither do I think most people would be able to do so. You are apparently really really good at it and I am pleased for you. But I don't think it is reasonable for most folks to expect that kind of proficiency from go.

I'm way better at it than I was, but I still (very) occasionally cross the line and get smoke or noticeably singe my load. It is not a big thing and I still would rather straddle that line than give up the highest temps that I would have to give up if I refused to risk combustion.

17. Summer

Summer Well-Known Member

@Squiby, if I recall correctly you said you've never combusted?

Welcome @nukku! You can go with either a wood or ti spinning mp. & you can position the M stem facing up or down in either direction.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And pick up at 1:10 in the vid:

Last edited: Jun 13, 2018 at 3:21 PM
  18. SloJimFizz

SloJimFizz Unknown Member

Is that s a Launch Pad from ID?

I like the M XL with the M's mp by the tip.

Old pic cause my Ti Omni is still mia.
    [​IMG]

19. ataxian

ataxian PALE BLUE DOT

I never liked certain material's on my lip's.

My "M" is fine?
    Smoking joint's be-4 Surfing huge waves = CIVILZED

20. beyond6strings

Yepperding. I have several beloved accessories-none are used more often than the Launch Pad. I'm going to get a couple more over the next few months so I can leave them in different rooms, cars, etc.

21. Ricardo

Ricardo Well-Known Member

Are we still voting on sizes and faves? I don't have any XL Vapcap but I love my regular Ti Omni. But I really, really love the NonaVong (or the Omni with a Vong body) through water. In fact, now that I mention it :wave:

BigJr48, Dutch-Mic, nukku and 8 others like this.
  22. almost there

almost there Well-Known Member

As much as I want to XL'ize my M, I can't stand the way that little faux mp on the M looks when assembled. Overall I really don't care for that little nub, would look a lot classier if it was straight like the uni's. I don't mind the extra weight of the stem, I love the SS tip but that nub.......:\

Last edited: Jun 13, 2018 at 8:22 PM
  23. KidFated.

KidFated. We Don't Even Live Here..

@almost there i flipped mine around and used the built in mp as a finger grip.

My m’s are now the way they came, they look best that way imo.

24. kushkush

kushkush Well-Known Member

Good suggestion...think you might convince DV to make us a XL M18? :) Won’t hurt to try......

:2c:

25. Squiby

Squiby Well-Known Member

That's right, I never have. Once, I had thought that I had combusted but it was just very dark ABV and no burnt combustion taste.

I am a cautious heater. That doesn't mean that I never go to high temps. It means that I tread softly. I never "torch" my caps. When I compare my caps that are several years old now compared to some who have had theirs for just months, the difference is apparent. My caps have a bronze patina vs something that came out of a BBQ pit inferno.

I use the Sip and Dip technique now but I used to heat click to click. Others have reported reheating prematurely thinking that they missed the cool down click, overheating and combusting. I errored at the other end of the spectrum. I would get lost in what I was doing and forget that the cap had clicked, so when I was learning I heated most often from cold rather reheating while still hot.

I believe any newbie starting out should use a quad jet lighter, set at the lowest setting, blue inner flames just picking the cap, until they have sorted out the best technique suited to them. Single jets are awesome IMO but they require a more refined technique.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors