Drexciya

Homage to the Deepsea Dwellers
Yeah, me too :shrug:
Website looks great to me, and those Ti colours are sure mixing it up a bit.

Just so you know Drex, I haven't forgotten the custom stash and stem!
The stash is well under way, and the stem has been started, but awaits the arrival of some sharpening kit (my turning tools are all very blunt) so I can finish it properly.
The first attempt at a tiny stem fell apart on me ( tricky to turn things this small ), but I've changed wood, and the 2nd one looks better :science:

The stash is nearing completion.

PM or email me your name/address so I can prepare a package while I wait for my sharpening kit.
It'll be a while yet, but at least I can get that sorted.:nod:

Copa! Good to hear from you I hope everything is great over there :) I was never worried about you forgetting me. You said it was gonna take some time from the get go so I am just waiting patiently :sherlock: imaging how it is going to look, thinking about how nice it would be to have and use it, where to store when not using it, gotta be a place where I can look at it a lot when not using it off course. Little does the wife know, but I think the house is going to need another vapestation at my desk so I can setup a nice vapcap display oro something :)

7oli5

g54E4Nw.jpg

Just picked this up from the post office can't wait to test it after work :science:

Modnote: Edited to display image

Last edited by a moderator:

stark1

Lonesome Planet
I'm back from the Dynameeting and it was a good evening.

Not only George and FC members were there, but also two men from Vaposhop joined us for a while. There were people from The Netherlands, Belgium, France and - of course - the US, all with one thing in common (besides our gender): a vaporizer passion. I saw beautiful colored omnis (at first I thought they were bit gimmicky, but after seeing them I think they're really awesome), and stashes.

Somehow the positive vibes in this thread were also there at the bar in Amsterdam, guess Dynavap attracts very nice and open minded people.

A memorable moment for me was that we stood outside vaping with our Vapcaps together with George. And our view (zoom in at the sign...)?

K3z3L7Q.jpg

Pick
I'm so tired because of my two teaching jobs, but I'm glad we could meet up.

If you have the opportunity to go Berlin and see George (and @Hogni): do it!

Edit: I almost fall asleep, but I really want to add something. George talked about thankfulness and spreading positivity. I conclude this post in that state of mind: have a nice day!

@Dutch-Mic, so I have been staring at the sign for a while now. Nothing magical seems to
Be appearing....:wave:

We need pictures, with VapCaps smiling :love: at the café...

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense
I've just a simple phone for calling. Perhaps I take the smartphone from my goddess of my heart.
Maybe George or somebody of the Vaposhop posse will take some pics.
Will soon start. We'll meet up in 3hrs. Think A'dam was a hard time for the guys at least there was a poor communication with Geo the last days :p

kushkush

happy camper....
@kushkush
Glad to hear you do have a tip that fits.
I'm curious about the difference in the tips that you tried. Are they both stainless steel? Do they both have the same color O-rings? Has one ever been left soaking in rubbing alcohol during cleaning with the O-ring still on it?

First let me say I really like your little glass vapcap body. It’s just so sweet and tiny and handsome too! It’s actually something I’d already told myself I’d never get just because it’s breakable. But then I simply changed my mind for some reason. ;) I’m glad I did! Secondly, although most of the time I enjoy reading here all the deep vapcap details...I mostly just use the darn thing...and leave the more complex details to others. :)

So...you’ll have to look at the first pic below to see if you can tell if one is SS and the other Ti. Neither one is especially magnetic (except for the caps). The tip that fits the glass a little snuggly is the top ‘cleaner’ looking tip. The other one just practically falls out of the glass. And the top cleaner looking tip has the gray O-rings while the O-rings on the other one are black. As for your 3rd question, I’ve never used alcohol on any of my vapcaps.

The top one fits your glass body and has gray O-rings....

BC610684-3_D5_D-404_D-_B128-99_DA42_A7_AC9_F.jpg

Ain’t it purdy!

3032_D24_B-99_CB-40_F6-_AA3_D-00923873_C550.jpg

:2c:

Last edited:

mrb

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Between the 5 tips i have and the many many many bodies and stems i have/had i find there are often tips that don't fit with particular bodies or stems..

IMPORTANTLY Sometimes if a slightly large tip spends a long time in a slightly tight body it will now drop straight out of a another body that it used to 'live' on fine. The orings have been commpresed. New orings sorts the issue. Part of the reason i bought a crap load from another source.

beyond6strings

Just another traveller in the Cannaverse
Between the 5 tips i have and the many many many bodies and stems i have/had i find there are often tips that don't fit with particular bodies or stems..

IMPORTANTLY Sometimes if a slightly large tip spends a long time in a slightly tight body it will now drop straight out of a another body that it used to 'live' on fine. The orings have been commpresed. New orings sorts the issue. Part of the reason i bought a crap load from another source.

What is your source for a crap-load of o-rings pray-tell.

beyond6strings

Just another traveller in the Cannaverse

szai

Thanks. I noticed they have Viton there as well. Is there a reason you're using Silicone ones and not the Viton ones that DV now uses?

I'm not sure why he's not using viton but I know of the reason @stardustsailor no longer uses them.

Viton can give off toxic fumes if burned. The concern then is inhaling of toxic fumes if you accidentally burn your orings.

Last edited:

mrb

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Thanks. I noticed they have Viton there as well. Is there a reason you're using Silicone ones and not the Viton ones that DV now uses?

No comment. I don't know enough to feel comfortable imparting any advice on this issue.

But I will add the following points for consideration on the issue:
- DV have been happy enough to use both in their products
- Many many vaporiser companies put silicone in the heart of their vapes
- Silicone sometimes has a higher advertised temp range (180-260*C) vs Viton at (mostly 200*C) Just the ones I've seen NOT FACT?
- Viton is terribly bad to be near if it's burned

. . . does this subtle change forshadow a possible change of hands.
Could the creator of the VapCap Concept be on retirement mode, letting others take over, and
eventually, buy the company?

Had meant to say that the man I met last week (George) didn't come across like someone who would ever let go of the his company.

In other news I've updated my post in the classifieds . .

Last edited by a moderator:

kuzko

First let me say I really like your little glass vapcap body. It’s just so sweet and tiny and handsome too! It’s actually something I’d already told myself I’d never get just because it’s breakable. But then I simply changed my mind for some reason. ;) I’m glad I did! Secondly, although most of the time I enjoy reading here all the deep vapcap details...I mostly just use the darn thing...and leave the more complex details to others. :)

So...you’ll have to look at the first pic below to see if you can tell if one is SS and the other Ti. Neither one is especially magnetic (except for the caps). The tip that fits the glass a little snuggly is the top ‘cleaner’ looking tip. The other one just practically falls out of the glass. And the top cleaner looking tip has the gray O-rings while the O-rings on the other one are black. As for your 3rd question, I’ve never used alcohol on any of my vapcaps.

BC610684-3_D5_D-404_D-_B128-99_DA42_A7_AC9_F.jpg

Ain’t it purdy!

3032_D24_B-99_CB-40_F6-_AA3_D-00923873_C550.jpg

To me, it looks like the one on top is SS and bottom is Ti.

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
Ain’t it purdy!
Thanks friend!
I had black O-rings on one of my tips to and it didn't fit as snuggly as I liked into my m bodies, so I ordered a set of Grays from dynavap.
I may look into stocking O-rings to send out with these wands as an optional component of the listings.

@mrb thanks for this input as well! Very helpful.

Could you post a direct link to the O-rings that you found work with your vapcap?

Top Bottom