beyond6strings

Just another traveller in the Cannaverse
@Lady V you are discovering why many of us think of @Squiby as the Goddess of the Dynaverse. About 90% of what I've learned about Dynavap has come from her missives which are always clear and concise and so, so generous.

I'll be out and about more as spring becomes spring, so at Squiby's recommendation I've ordered a couple of flint butane lighters: one by Aomai and one by Cooljet. There is no piezo click so it should be a bit quieter than when using most butane lighters. But when I'm home, 99% of my vapcap use is with the induction heater. I can't wait for Dynavap to release theirs-it'll be perfect for out and about since it'll be housed in what appears to be a coffee thermos.

And Lady V, never worry about asking questions-that's what we're here for-the DV community is one of the most giving and supportive I've ever been a part of.

stark1

Lonesome Planet
Oh, I so want a @Pipes IH, but I'm confused about how to get one. There are times when I'm sitting on the balcony and use my torch, that I feel like a crack-head. And also I have never been a fan of torches, they are so inconsistent, at least the ones I got my hands on, even the expensive ones... Pocketable IH is the dream! Especially for someone like me that likes using my VC at work.

BTW it's amazing how little it smells!!! This device is such a game-changer!

This is what I was thinking of trying for cooling (cheapo and easily accessible... without the activated charcoal filters of course)
BAB3Xvo.png

xKswIxE.png
Elegant, and slim. I would make sure the 8mm fit is snug. Some cigarette holders are made for the slim
v ersion.

As for Pipes, while he does have a long-ish list, I thankfully received mine shortly after communicating
with the splendid Canadian gentleman. And indeed he is a gentleman.

Chat him up, and you shall benefit. :wave:

BTW, a Portside went on the block in the classifieds last night. Gone, this morning.

Lady V

@Lady V you are discovering why many of us think of @Squiby as the Goddess of the Dynaverse. About 90% of what I've learned about Dynavap has come from her missives which are always clear and concise and so, so generous.

I'll be out and about more as spring becomes spring, so at Squiby's recommendation I've ordered a couple of flint butane lighters: one by Aomai and one by Cooljet. There is no piezo click so it should be a bit quieter than when using most butane lighters. But when I'm home, 99% of my vapcap use is with the induction heater. I can't wait for Dynavap to release theirs-it'll be perfect for out and about since it'll be housed in what appears to be a coffee thermos.

And Lady V, never worry about asking questions-that's what we're here for-the DV community is one of the most giving and supportive I've ever been a part of.

Generous and humble!!

I had ruled the Aomai lighters out... but if they were recommended by @Squiby I will give 'em a chance... They are super-cheap too, so no loss if they don't fit my style... Also, the absence of the loud click is a huge plus!
Do you own more than one IH? If you do, which one do you prefer?

Elegant, and slim. I would make sure the 8mm fit is snug. Some cigarette holders are made for the slim
v ersion.

As for Pipes, while he does have a long-ish list, I thankfully received mine shortly after communicating
with the splendid Canadian gentleman. And indeed he is a gentleman.

Chat him up, and you shall benefit. :wave:

BTW, a Portside went on the block in the classifieds last night. Gone, this morning.

I saw that one!!! Well, I'm broke at the moment and I think it said U.S. only. I'm already watching the classifieds thread in hopes for a @stardustsailor stem!
The moment I have enough money I'll be getting a @Pipes IH (and as it seems I manage to find ways to get money for Vapcap stuff very quickly)

Last edited:

Oldvsnew

hello, good to all lovers of the green plant and vapers in general first of all I would like to introduce myself it is seen That this is a large community FORMED and above all rational and educated, Having take a vapcap for more 1 year (nonavong blacwood) apart from having taken another nonavong and an M(and dynastash in coming). I can say that this is a very great medical device! I suffer from chronic pain (chronic refractory migraine) and chronic insomnia from the age of 15 and cannabis has been a great relief and improvement of life, the only "problem" that the vapcap acquires is summarized in the public warming to suppose not to is discreet (I live in a country with a prohibition) It is true that with an Induction Heater or IH the problem disappears, however the shipment can be problematic for me (I travel a lot in excess) to say that now it is totally rational those praises and compliments as all the buyers of this device are so happy with the results of this (without counting the great customer service)almost magic (total portability, personalization at 100% elegant and distinct, an efficiency worthy of a device of more double of its price,by last sayes, am sorry for the enormous text and the numerous fouls ✋
I already have a vision of a 510 threaded whip with a box at the end of the whip that velcro's to a mod box Similar to the TUBOx and the TUBO evic. These devices are already half way to a better solution. Then if it was taken a step further and it popped up like a toaster when it was done.

beyond6strings

Just another traveller in the Cannaverse
Generous and humble!!

I had ruled the Aomai lighters out... but if they were recommended by @Squiby I will give 'em a chance... They are super-cheap too, so no loss if they don't fit my style... Also, the absence of the loud click is a huge plus!
Do you own more than one IH? If you do, which one do you prefer?

I only have one: the original Portside. It's the bomb. But it's really for around the house and on the porch/deck.

I've tried taking it out and about, but I've not found a secure place for it in either of our family vehicles. I think the Portside Mini works well in the car from what I've seen here. That would be my recommendation to you-if it's portable you can use it anywhere.

When Dynavap releases their version I imagine I'll use that for out 'n about and use the PS at home. The battery life on both would be improved by using them that way.

Lady V

I only have one: the original Portside. It's the bomb. But it's really for around the house and on the porch/deck.

I've tried taking it out and about, but I've not found a secure place for it in either of our family vehicles. I think the Portside Mini works well in the car from what I've seen here. That would be my recommendation to you-if it's portable you can use it anywhere.

When Dynavap releases their version I imagine I'll use that for out 'n about and use the PS at home. The battery life on both would be improved by using them that way.

Hmmm... Maybe getting a less portable IH to have around the house, would be smart for me, as I definitely
want to get the Dynavap IH.

Dynavaper

Karma Farmer
I own a Portside and a Portside Mini in the meantime and the Dynavap IH must be the bomb with special benefits or I will stick for a while with @Pipes' devices. I really, really enjoy the IH experience and seldom use my torch in the meantime.

Last edited:

Likun

It's arrival week for me! My Woody from VapoShop arrived on Monday, some spare party from DynaVap yesterday and a bocote Dynastash XL came today! I was dumb enough to make two separate orders - one in the first and one in the last minutes of 420 sale, so my main purchase - Omni XL is still missing and hasn't been shipped yet. Unfortunately in that order was also a XL condenser for building a Woody XLS. A beautifully matching cocobolo mouthpiece came already in the first package, that makes waiting time even harder. And of course I received the XL garage today (with a big scratch right in the middle of the magnet -argh!).

After owning a M'17 for about half a year this is my first encounter with a more premium model. And I have to be honest my first impressions very of mixed feelings.
First thing I noticed when I first held the Woody in my hands is how LIGHT it is compared to the M. I instantly weighted them - ~8g for the Woody and ~21,5g for the M. Well I'm sure this is no news for you.
I'm still quite impressed each time I pick it up.
Then I took a closer look at the Cocobolo stem. It seems that I had a little bit different expectation on how the wood would be. I thought it had a less rough, smoother finish than it actually has. Mine is full of small notches and cracks - nothing too deep though. Is that normal? Meanwhile I think it is and I just had wrong expectations. Well it most definitely is the nature of wood.
Also the ends at the steel crowns don't seem to be thread with too much care as they're still a bit rough.

What I do like are color and pattern of my unit! And the mouthpiece matches it very well, almost looks like it could have been from the same piece of wood. As I have looked through many pictures cocobolo seems to have a wide range of color variety - I prefer the brighter ones with a more reddish color.
The other small downside was that I was expecting - or better speaking hoping - that I'll receive a unit with the famous 4th gen tip as all the product pictures in their shop show exactly that tip. But as it's my first Ti one I wouldn't see the difference either.

In terms of usage I find the Woody to be a little better and more convenient overall. I've only used it two days for now but I dare to say that it'll replace the M easily. Specially in terms of taste it's superior. I really like the light wooden taste that comes from the stem. I'm just a bit concerned that the wood will eventually soak of taste and smell from all the vapor going through it. It's not as easy to clean as steel.
I also prefer the less heating time and faster cool down of the Ti tip. I'm so afraid of dropping it! It looks a little fragile! This will be my home unit for sure.

RzpVGIO.jpg

All in all I'm quite satisfied with my new Woody Ti cocobolo. And I'm really looking forward to trying the omni XL and the Woody with mouthpiece!

BTW how do I treat the Woody? Should I just give it a rub with Dynawax? Won't the wax stick into all the scratches and notches? Or isn't that a problem?

Dynalowrider

Lady V I have the Jarhead and the Mini. I love the mini. I have a "Media Pouch" that has enough room to carry the Mini and a "PokitRockit" (oringed container) and a couple of DV tubes on my belt. Very indiscreet. The Mini is slightly larger than a large "drink box". Doc

Dynavaper

Karma Farmer
@frosty234: I also wasn't too fond of the texture (small cracks and stuff) of my latest cocobolo wood bodies and stems that I have bought. They seemed better quality some months ago. Maybe one of the reasons why they are no longer available as standard. However, it's wood. It has character. My body is also covered with scars and wrinkles. That's what makes me so unique and incredibly sexy as long as I am still dressed. Love your wood! (Haha, I already know where that leads to...) :)

Last edited:

almost there

It's arrival week for me! My Woody from VapoShop arrived on Monday, some spare party from DynaVap yesterday and a bocote Dynastash XL came today! I was dumb enough to make two separate orders - one in the first and one in the last minutes of 420 sale, so my main purchase - Omni XL is still missing and hasn't been shipped yet. Unfortunately in that order was also a XL condenser for building a Woody XLS. A beautifully matching cocobolo mouthpiece came already in the first package, that makes waiting time even harder. And of course I received the XL garage today (with a big scratch right in the middle of the magnet -argh!).

After owning a M'17 for about half a year this is my first encounter with a more premium model. And I have to be honest my first impressions very of mixed feelings.
First thing I noticed when I first held the Woody in my hands is how LIGHT it is compared to the M. I instantly weighted them - ~8g for the Woody and ~21,5g for the M. Well I'm sure this is no news for you.
I'm still quite impressed each time I pick it up.
Then I took a closer look at the Cocobolo stem. It seems that I had a little bit different expectation on how the wood would be. I thought it had a less rough, smoother finish than it actually has. Mine is full of small notches and cracks - nothing too deep though. Is that normal? Meanwhile I think it is and I just had wrong expectations. Well it most definitely is the nature of wood.
Also the ends at the steel crowns don't seem to be thread with too much care as they're still a bit rough.

What I do like are color and pattern of my unit! And the mouthpiece matches it very well, almost looks like it could have been from the same piece of wood. As I have looked through many pictures cocobolo seems to have a wide range of color variety - I prefer the brighter ones with a more reddish color.
The other small downside was that I was expecting - or better speaking hoping - that I'll receive a unit with the famous 4th gen tip as all the product pictures in their shop show exactly that tip. But as it's my first Ti one I wouldn't see the difference either.

In terms of usage I find the Woody to be a little better and more convenient overall. I've only used it two days for now but I dare to say that it'll replace the M easily. Specially in terms of taste it's superior. I really like the light wooden taste that comes from the stem. I'm just a bit concerned that the wood will eventually soak of taste and smell from all the vapor going through it. It's not as easy to clean as steel.
I also prefer the less heating time and faster cool down of the Ti tip. I'm so afraid of dropping it! It looks a little fragile! This will be my home unit for sure.

RzpVGIO.jpg

All in all I'm quite satisfied with my new Woody Ti cocobolo. And I'm really looking forward to trying the omni XL and the Woody with mouthpiece!

BTW how do I treat the Woody? Should I just give it a rub with Dynawax? Won't the wax stick into all the scratches and notches? Or isn't that a problem?

a few of the nonavongs that i received were a bit rough in certain areas so I smoothed it out myself. Took some 1500 grit sandpaper and just gently went over all the surfaces except for the logo side. It's very easy and only takes a few minutes, make sure to wax it up after to get it shiny and buttery.

Lady V

Lady V I have the Jarhead and the Mini. I love the mini. I have a "Media Pouch" that has enough room to carry the Mini and a "PokitRockit" (oringed container) and a couple of DV tubes on my belt. Very indiscreet. The Mini is slightly larger than a large "drink box". Doc

What's a "Media Pouch"?
I didn't realize that the mini is so small!

StringTheorista

Just picked up one of these capsule keychains at my LHS (local hardware store ;)) this morning to use as a stash. It’s about 13 mm ID so the tip fits for easy filling. It was <$10 so worth a try...
https://kikkerland.com/products/everyday-carry-brass-keyrings

@Lady V, I know what you mean. This thread is an oasis on a web that is often hostile, especially to women. Folks are pleasant, helpful, funny, and kind. And the apologies on and after 420, seriously, almost made me cry. People acting like grown-ups always impress me. (To clarify, it wasn’t hat I felt apologies were needed, I just loved that folks reflected on their behavior, and then made repair if they felt they should.)

TL DR. This is a special place, glad you’re here

Last edited:

Lady V

Just picked up one of these capsule keychains at my LHS (local hardware store ;)) this morning to use as a stash. It’s about 13 mm ID so the tip fits for easy filling. It was <$10 so worth a try...
https://kikkerland.com/products/everyday-carry-brass-keyrings

@Lady V, I know what you mean. This thread is an oasis on a web that is often hostile, especially to women. Folks are pleasant, helpful, fiunny, and kind. And the apologies on and after 420, seriously, almost made me cry. People acting like grown-ups always impress me. (To clarify, it wasn’t hat I felt apologies were needed, I just loved that folks reflected on their behavior, and then made repair if they felt they should.)

TL DR. This is a special place, glad you’re here

Ι love this place! Mostly because of the things you just mentioned (it is so rare to find so many thoughtful people gathered in one place) but also because I get to share my enthusiasm for Dynavap with other people. I've tried to talk about it with some of my friends, but they keep feeling like I'm trying to convert them from smoking. Especially when I start talking about my ability to breathe again and the end of mj related headaches. I guess I get too enthusiastic about my VC and I scare them away...

@Lady V: Check this for medical pouches:
https://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=medical+pouch

I use this pouch:
https://verdampftnochmal.de/products/de/Vapesuite-Tasche_2
It holds my Mini, the Vapcap, a lighter and some stuff.

Oh!! This is very cool!! My goodness... I gotta rob a bank or something. So many things I want! And I've never been the spending type. Hope you 're still holding that bench seat for me...

Squiby

First thing I noticed when I first held the Woody in my hands is how LIGHT it is compared to the M. I instantly weighted them - ~8g for the Woody and ~21,5g for the M.
Yes, the VapCaps with wood midsections are wonderfully light compared to the titanium and most certainly compared to the stainless steel versions. The M is the heaviest Vapcap produced although my Damascus Steel is heavier yet.

I'm just a bit concerned that the wood will eventually soak of taste and smell from all the vapor going through it. It's not as easy to clean as steel. I'm so afraid of dropping it! It looks a little fragile! This will be my home unit for sure.
You don't need to clean the wood midsections. My wood midsections haven't gotten stinky at all. And they shouldn't really, the wood is not exposed to the vapor path at all. The vapor passes from the tip through the condenser, so unless you use your Vapcap without a condenser it won't smell and won't require cleaning. When you clean your tip and condenser, take the opportunity to wax your wood with some conditioner to keep it moisturized and shiny and nice.

They may feel fragile but they are pretty tough. Just try to not run over it with a truck and you'll be OK.

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/dynavap-vapcap.18853/page-192#post-982382

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/dynavap-vapcap.18853/page-192#post-982406

Top Bottom