Lady V

Lady V, try a "J" hook or Sherlock and anhydrous glass. Sounds silly to use a bubbler w/o water, but cools the vapor and saves the taste, and no burned lips. Doc
I'm still trying to find some alternative solutions that I won't have to order and wait for about 2 weeks to arrive. That is for the time being. I already have a couple of orders considering vapcap and I've started getting impatient already. The cigarette holders are cheap enough and I can just walk out the door and go buy them. No extra shipping costs...

Summer

Long Island, NY
Lady V, there's a j-hook thread as well as picks on here for j-hooks. Search for j-hooks & sherlocks on this thread & on the whole forum.

Edited to add: @Lady V, If the cig stems fit, I don't you can use them. Just remember that they are plastic so I don''t know about any outgassing. You didn't pick up a fat mp during the sale? That would hold you over until you know what you want.

Lady V

Lady V, there's a j-hook thread as well as picks on here for j-hooks. Search for j-hooks & sherlocks on this thread & on the whole forum.
Thank you @Summer . I'm just not interested in J-hooks at the moment, or bubblers as a matter of fact. That's why I'm asking about cigarette holders. As I explained above, I would like something easily accessible to me, something I won't have to order. I saw a few people talking about it here. Definitely, don't mean to overwhelm this thread...

stark1

Lonesome Planet
@Lady V,

they should work, for your purpose.

Wood tends to crack, over many heat cycles, so a metal ring to prevent that is a plus.

You may want to experiment with pen bubblers, they help to dissipate the heat.

Also, in lieu of humongous lung pulls, sipping your tokes is a cool way to enjoy your
VapCaps.

Lady V

Stop being so apologetic, no need to be. I edited my above post to ask if you bought the DV fat mp 'cause that would tide you over.

Hahaha. it's my nature... Can't help it sometimes... :) The ones I found are wooden with a metallic insert.
Well I ordered a fat mouthpiece on my last order on the 20th, still waiting (and will be waiting for at least one more week). I'm not crazy about the feel of silicone, but I'm sure it'll save me from the lip irritation.

@Lady V,

they should work, for your purpose.

Wood tends to crack, over many heat cycles, so a metal ring to prevent that is a plus.

You may want to experiment with pen bubblers, they help to dissipate the heat.

Also, in lieu of humongous lung pulls, sipping your tokes is a cool way to enjoy your
VapCaps.

Thank you for the tips!!! I do mouthpulls as it feels more natural (ex-smoker)

almost there

Hey everyone, I'm new to the Dynavap scene and I'm awaiting a new M along with a ti tip. Would like to know if I need to soak everything in iso before use?
Good to have u with us. I personally give everything that’s not wood a quick iso soak followed by a q-tip swabbing to remove residue. If u want to be lazy just wipe everything down with an iso soaked paper towel and run some iso soaked q-tips thru the condenser and Ti/sS tips. Make sure all iso is evaporated before using, once I didn’t and it wasn’t fun

stark1

Lonesome Planet
I hoped I'd be done with the questions, but I think that's impossible, so please bear with me. When I first started reading this thread there was a post about using an old cigarette holder as a stem (or as vapcap holder). I did a bit of research in here and found a few posts considering this. But I would like to ask you guys, if any of you tried this and worked properly? I found a few wooden 8mm cigarette holders I'd like to try. My reasoning for using something like this would be to get a bit cooler vapour (possibly?) and avoid the warmth of the M mouthpiece (I have sensitive skin and my lips get easily chapped), until I get to buy a custom stem.

An attractive alternative is Meershaum, which tends to tame the heat

8Imkm2Y.jpg

LabPong

For anyone who is thinking of trying my trick making glass stems with 10mm OD and 8mm ID: I recommend against it. They don't seem to be able to take the heat. Especially for Sip & Dip-I broke 3 over the past 5 days. If you're going to give it a go-I'd suggest 12mm OD and 8mm ID. It seems like those would have a better chance of survival.

Yes I only use the 8 x 12 mm glass tubes. Super cheap to get these, but you might have to do some glass cutting and grinding. Mostly raw cut pieces on the bay..and some say finished or such...but they distort the 8mm inner and the vapcap will not fit and you will break the glass most likely. So I use my dremel with composite cut off wheels to slowly cut an end off then wet sand the cut.....and then use a welding size propane torch to glaze it smooth if needed.

Lady V

Also, @Lady V, you can add an XL condenser & a wooden spinning mp to an M.

Ι'm waiting for a cocobolo nonavong stem along with the 18M and the Omni XL, but Vaposhop is out of xl condensers and I'm out of money :shrug::bang::cry:. I do intend on getting a ti tip with a cap, a mouthpiece and an XL condenser when I save enough money for my next batch of lego order...

An attractive alternative is Meershaum, which tends to tame the heat

8Imkm2Y.jpg

That's the one I saw and thought of getting a wooden cigarette holder. This looks awesome, but I still have to order it

Last edited:

Lady V

You are practically a shoo in from Turkey....

Surely Athens cigar stores stock Meershaum? I bet even Poros has some for sale.

Cigarette holders aren't that popular in Greece, so from what I've seen on several websites they mostly got acrylic and wood and they aren't as special... I might order the Meershaum later on (I think I'm gonna end up sleeping on a bench with this new hobby)

Last edited:

Squiby

Our very own super talented fine artist, @phattpiggie, made a stunner for me. It arrived several weeks back and I have been using it daily. Made from Horn with a Blackwood mouthpiece, this stem is pure luxury, fine art and function all rolled into one.

The pictures don't do it justice. The horn has a luminescent quality that begs you to stare in to the depths of its patterns. It is comfortable to hold and use and practical for On The Go or for displaying conspicuously on a coffee table. It is a Vapcap and case in one. I love it!!! It's my favorite Vapcap.

I highly recommend a Lidded Stem from @phattpiggie.

CVD0GIa.jpg

E74MU9S.jpg

beyond6strings

Just another traveller in the Cannaverse
Our very own super talented fine artist, @phattpiggie, made a stunner for me. It arrived several weeks back and I have been using it daily. Made from Horn with a Blackwood mouthpiece, this stem is pure luxury, fine art and function all rolled into one.

The pictures don't do it justice. The horn has a luminescent quality that begs you to stare in to the depths of its patterns. It is comfortable to hold and use and practical for On The Go or for displaying conspicuously on a coffee table. It is a Vapcap and case in one. I love it!!! It's my favorite Vapcap.

CVD0GIa.jpg

E74MU9S.jpg

Wow, wow, wow, wow, wowser.

Holy crap. My eyes have priapism.

Kalessin

CVD0GIa.jpg

E74MU9S.jpg
is the end cap a friction fit or do you screw it together?

Top Bottom