1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

Dynavap VapCap

Discussion in 'Portable Vaporizers' started by Fenton Mewley, Jul 21, 2015.

1. kushkush

kushkush Well-Known Member

Question for you... how many times do you use that concentrate pad before you wash or replace it?

:)

psychonaut and tragique like this.
  2. Lady V

Lady V Active Member

Alright, I've read quite a few of your posts and they have played a big role in my decision making over how to use vapcaps. Hell the moment I read the degummed fibre filter post I was sold on buying one.

I think there should be a dedicated @Squiby thread where everyone here says what they love about her and why!

The XL it is then! Thank you! As I 've said before, you 're magic!

Last edited: Apr 16, 2018
  3. Curiousvaper

Curiousvaper New Member

I just got my OmniVap XL Titanium and it's great but after about 15 or so sessions it has developed a slightly burnt/bitter taste as I take a draw. I checked to make sure I didn't combust after each session and confirmed. I respect the click and all that so I'm not sure what else it might be.

And secondly when I want to soak the individual parts of my Omnivap in iso, are there any that I need to be careful with and not submerge? I might've seen somewhere that the parts with the o rings cannot be submerged but I couldn't see any o rings on any of the parts.

Anyway thanks for all the info guys, greatly appreciated.

Squiby likes this.
  4. alittledabwilldoya'

alittledabwilldoya' Sapphire Powered Dabstronaut.

Good Lord!!!

:bowdown:

condor020, Shannock and Squiby like this.
  5. Ramahs

Ramahs Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017

How the hell do you register for the emails? I haven't been getting them, so I logged into my Dynavap account/profile on their website and looked through the settings, and am not finding it?!?!

6. GtrBob

GtrBob Active Member

^ Me neither, since about a half year.
    Tried again this week.
    The notices aren't in the spam folder either.

I did get a thank-you email back but that's it so far.

stark1 and Ramahs like this.
  7. kurt6652

kurt6652 Member

You might just need to clean the condenser. I noticed a harshness when it gets gummed up.

8. cybrguy

cybrguy Patience Rewards

If you have ever set up an account with them in the past you should be getting them. Have you checked your spam filters? If you have received order or shipping acks from them in the past you should be golden.
    George has recently confirmed that his orings are quite resistant to ISO. There are orings (now gray) on the Omni condenser (on the mp part and the moving part) and on the tip where it joins the stem.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2018
    Squiby likes this.
  9. Ramahs

I'm interested in a couple different sized J-Hooks as well. I'm leaning towards getting some from HERE

In my experience, they are always lose at first. After a number of heat cycles, they tend to snug themselves up...as if it was intendede that way to fit the cap to your unique tip...but that's just a guess/conjecture.

I wonder if that means that if I use the "Buy a Nonavong XLS, Get a free mystery Dynastash" sale, that I may have to wait a couple of months for my Dynastash? That sucks, but I can live with it.

Ummmmm, yeah. You just need to clean your shit. LoL

I always remove the o-rings before I soak, but I rarely soak. Most cleans just involve a wet q-tip and Iso

Squiby likes this.
  10. Brewervapesalot

Brewervapesalot Well-Known Member

Ordered an omni titanium. Looked at the XL, but FAQ's says extra centimeter or so doesn't help cooling; extra length has no function and is just for preference it says. I wanted a storage box with the magnet too, so regular length it was, as only boxes available right now don't fit XL.

Almost got the M, as the $80 starter kit looks like a good deal. But it seems the Omni has a couple extra features and I think less O-rings, to replace...

Thanks for all the posts! They really helped decipher this gizmo quickly, and made the shopping more fun :)

I never liked metal bowls for combusting, way too hot and seemed harsher, but I think for vaping it might be different. Also figure I gotta have one non battery vape!

Really like supporting metal workers and like the mechanical nature of the device. Good to see silicon valley, app driven, battery powered anything have some competition too! :)

Summer, Derrrpp, hujdimislav and 5 others like this.
  11. Winegums

Winegums I make things from wood Accessory Maker

I use my concentrate tip for quite some time before I find it needs to be cleaned and repacked with mesh. I find that all I need to do is go in from the O-ring side with a q-tip and it's good to go for a while. When the taste is starting to go I will usually clean the whole thing out.

psychonaut, Squiby and kushkush like this.
  12. Ramahs

Shit...I was wrong. I just want to clarify that!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I found the emails. They weren't categorized as I was expecting them to be by my filter...but I was getting them. My bad :-(

Squiby and cybrguy like this.
  13. Summer

Summer Well-Known Member

If someone isn't getting DV emails just send an email to info@dynavap. I too wasn't getting them along with a few other members for a while, but they just started showing up again.

@Lady V, I couldn't possibly know what you will wind up liking & everyone has given good input, so here's a variation. I have no preference here, just thought I'd throw out that you have options.

As you have the 17M, you can get a vong stem & switch out the M condenser with the vong stem & then use that in a bubbler via a 14mm joint. Then, if you purchase the omni XL condenser assembly (just the condenser & mp, no stem or tip & cap), then you can an use your M stem & tip/cap on the omni assembly.

After 20% discount:
    Vong stem - $28
    Omni XL assembly - $72

For another $48 you can get either:

1) the '18M with will give you another ss stem style, a different tip variation & a cap
    or
    2) a ti tip & cap.

With these configuration, it will give you a handle on what DV legos you will like for future purchases.

I'm sure you'll be happy no matter what you order.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2018
    pxl_jockey, Helios, Lady V and 5 others like this.
  14. ArgetCraio

ArgetCraio New Member

Just wanted to add, I ordered the '18 M from Vaposhop and the cap was actually very tight in the beginning. Now, after a few bowls it became looser and is relatively easy to remove (but still too tight for the magnet, could be a weak magnet though :shrug:). Might have been a different batch or something...
    Definitely agree with the others on waiting and heating it a few times :tup:

On a different note: do you guys recommend filing the SS tip on the '18 M for more airflow like the 17 version? Or is there too little difference?

leveltree likes this.
  15. stark1

stark1 Finally Spring!

If you are intending to add items to your order until the magic flash sales are over,
    Do not complete the order by adding your CC info.

I did so, and was notified my order was mailed. :cool:

pxl_jockey and KidFated. like this.
  16. gimmiemore

gimmiemore Active Member

I don't really need anything for now, but I'll buy the 2018 M, and yay I'll get 2 free lighters.
    I like supporting dynavap plus I miss the M since I gave my 2017 model to a friend, who totally wrecked it btw hehe.
    I wish DV would sell concentrate pads that fit the vapcaps.
    BTW doe's anyone know what the M stands for? I feel like I knew this but forgot.

kushkush and KidFated. like this.
  17. Summer

Summer Well-Known Member

You never let us know what you thought of this piece. Please do.

Could you please tell me which specific size drip tip would work? I would like to get both the longer & shorter glass pieces as shown in your picture. Thanks much.

18. HughJundys

HughJundys Dixie Normus

Squiby and Summer like this.
  19. stark1

stark1 Finally Spring!

What does “ Model T “, or “ D-Day “ mean? Take a guess.

Likewise for Model M.

Geo, I believe, said that when the durable entry level SS/Metal sleeves were introduced,
    after the more fragile wooden sleeves, they were talking about what to call them.

M” seemed like a natural.
    & to this day people keep :hmm:, and ask what the M stands for.

Go figure.
    Whatever you call it, it works for me. My Micro-dozer. My M’.

—Progression in the Evolution of Basic VapCaps: Glass. Wood. Metal.

Endurance. :tup:

The M.

[​IMG]

20. Dynavaper

Dynavaper Karma Farmer & Dynavap Maniac

Masterpiece. :)
    (no, but could be...)

hujdimislav, Squiby, Vapoleon and 4 others like this.
  21. Summer

Summer Well-Known Member

M for metal & medical-grade. The ss is between fragile glass & top-quality titanium.

22. stark1

stark1 Finally Spring!

Like that :clap:

Squiby and Dynavaper like this.
  23. Hogni

Hogni Honi soit qui mal y pense

Mediocre? :p

Summer and stark1 like this.
  24. stark1

stark1 Finally Spring!

Keep it up, boys.

Medicate. :nod:

25. StringTheorista

StringTheorista Well-Known Member

Hi Summer. Actually I like it a lot. There’s a lot more internal volume than my grav labs j hook, so more cooling happens. I enjoy watching the vapor stream into it, can see that more than in the j hook. Also, the mouthpiece end is kind of flattened, so it’s less phallic than it appeared on the website. Also I like that it has feet to support it so it can be set down, unlike a j hook. But it’s still suggestive. I vape solo so there’s no one joshing me about it. YMMV.

[We are talking about this piece here:
    https://www.grasscity.com/us_en/cane-gun-connector-with-rounded-mouthpiece-for-precoolers.html]

HughJundys, Bologna and Summer like this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors