1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

Dynavap VapCap

Discussion in 'Portable Vaporizers' started by Fenton Mewley, Jul 21, 2015.

1. Lady V

Lady V Active Member

I keep burning myself with the hot lighter tip... I even managed to burn the side of my mouth with it...
    What do you mean by mid-section? The middle of the body?

Squiby and kushkush like this.
  2. beyond6strings

beyond6strings Just another traveller in the Dynaverse

You'll love the Omni. I went with a Cocobolo Omni as my first and then got a '17 M. Then I started getting vong bodies and stems for WPs and J Hooks and then I got an Omni XL with carbon fiber body. I learned I like the carb closed. All the time. And I learned that for native use I like a longer vapor path.

So I gifted my '17 M to a niece and the Cocobolo Omni to a dear friend and got an '18 M for me for out and about. I want indestructible and inexpensive when I'm traveling. And for me, the '18 M provides cooler, stronger vapor and a better native experience than my Cocobolo Omni did. And after next week it'll be the only one that fits in my Dynastash.

Welcome to the Dynaverse @Lady V

Squiby, Vapoleon, condor020 and 3 others like this.
  3. cybrguy

cybrguy Patience Rewards

I hate to throw a spanner in the works, but if you don't wish to use the air hole or adjust airflow, you don't need the Omni condenser. You could save some cash and get a Uni and "permanently" block the air hole.
    Or, you could even go condenserless if you wanted to try that. The only real need of the condenser is to take advantage of airflow adjustment with the air hole .
    I don't yet have a condenserless VC but have been looking at SDS's...

Last edited: Apr 16, 2018
  4. Lady V

Lady V Active Member

I've read the "stronger vapour" claim in other reviews for the '18M. Is that true??? That sounds exciting!

Squiby likes this.
  5. kushkush

kushkush Well-Known Member

Yes...I just avoid touching either end when I’m using (heating) it, because I don’t even want to think about which end is hot and which is not. (I’m a poet) :)

:2c:

beyond6strings, Lady V and Helios like this.
  6. pxl_jockey

pxl_jockey Barely-Known Member

beyond6strings likes this.
  7. Lady V

Lady V Active Member

I have hacked my '17M so I won't have to use the air hole (moved the O-ring). I've also been drooling over @phattpiggie 's @stardustsailor 's and @Winegums 's custom stems. I'm a bit confused though as for how to get my hands on them...
    I guess the Omnivap "obsession" is mostly me being fancy schmancy and the fact that the M hack can be a pain in the neck

I was wondering, how do you clean a condenserless wooden stem?

cybrguy, kushkush and StringTheorista like this.
  8. KidFated.

KidFated. We Don't Even Live Here..

Soak a q tip in iso or everclear, dab it on something to get the excess out, and swab the inside of the stem, follow it with a q tip with some water on it and then a dry q tip to dry.

Derrrpp, Helios, Squiby and 3 others like this.
  9. Lady V

Lady V Active Member

@pxl_jockey
    You made me laugh out loud... "My whole life" is an absolutely ridiculous statement... I meant since I 've been 18 years old (but you got that already, it was just too good of an opportunity not to mess with me)

Discipline comes easily to me, so no, no wild years (unfortunately... but maybe there's time!) One of the reasons I fell in love with the vapcap concept was the fact that you can microdose. Even with the M, I never fill it to capacity. The most I 'd use would be half a bowl.

beyond6strings and KidFated. like this.
  10. nickdanger

nickdanger Collector of Functional Art

Personally, I wouldn't use a wooden stem without a condenser, but the ti stems from @stardustsailor work perfect without one. I would be afraid it would be impossible to clean all the reclaim out.

Helios, Squiby, Dynavaper and 2 others like this.
  11. KidFated.

Lots of vaporizers use wooden stems and parts with no condenser tube inside of them, so it is natural for me. Why add more SS to the airpath if it’s not needed is my opinion. I like wood.

Derrrpp, Squiby, Dynavaper and 3 others like this.
  12. Lady V

Lady V Active Member

Hahahaha! Well the Vapcap is a poetic device, it should attract poets!

13. Lady V

Lady V Active Member

Yeah! That's what worries me... that by trying to clean them I would end up ruining them

cybrguy and KidFated. like this.
  14. StringTheorista

StringTheorista Well-Known Member

Y’know, I hacked my 17m, but I haven’t hacked my 18M and it’s becoming my favorite. My lungs are touchy, so several smaller hits (mouth to lung) seem better for me than fewer large ones. The steel M tip allows one more small hit before reheating than the ti tip does. The increased airflow over the 17M is noticeable, I won’t bother modding it.

EDIT: Oops, I think I misunderstood you. I am referring to filing indentations in the cap to increase airflow. Different hack than you meant. Never mind!

15. cybrguy

cybrguy Patience Rewards

I like wood too, but I'm with @nickdanger. When I go with a condenserless stem (when, not if) I will go with metal just for ease of cleaning. It may be POSSIBLE to keep a wood condenserless stem clean, but it would be more work than I want to do, and I also like metal stems so no sweat.

16. Lady V

Lady V Active Member

Do you manually restrict the carb on the '18M?
    I do mouth-pulls (if that's what you mean by mouth to lung) but it doesn't feel as enjoyable to me with the carb open. The hack feels even better to me for mouth-pulls... I guess I'm still used to the smoking experience...

Dynavaper and KidFated. like this.
  17. Winegums

Winegums I make things from wood Accessory Maker

Going condenserless is okay as long as you accept that it's going to be a mess inside. I've done it before but it made no noticeable difference to the vapour. DO NOT do this with a bare wood stem or you will permanently soak condensates into the wood which will never come out. Metal lined stems only!

It's a bit different for each of us, Piggie has a reservation list that he starts every few months that you need to get on in order to get a stem. Occasionally he has a few production pieces that are released to a UK retailer.

I take custom orders through PM here on FC or Etsy. I typically have zero lead time and can start immediately once a design is settled on.

SDS, sells items through custom order and the classifieds on FC.

Derrrpp, frosty234, Summer and 11 others like this.
  18. Lady V

Lady V Active Member

Thank you!!! You saved me a lot of back and forth in this thread... You will be hearing from me soon! Love your work!

19. StringTheorista

Yes, I cover the airport, then roll it to open the carb for fresh air near the end of the pull.

20. KidFated.

:evil::tup: All of my “at home” stems are all wood Vongs.. they clean up realllll nice.. cocobolo Ed’s and Dynavap sent me a body instead of a stem due to some miscommunication, and I’ve been using that condenserless ever since. Of course the wood will soak some resin, but I rarely need to use a cleaner other than a scrape after warming them up some. Maybe I’m a weird kid from the sticks but that’s okay.

Good to know you are ready to go when I am, your work is quite beautiful. I’ll be in touch soon :cheers:

Helios, Squiby, stark1 and 2 others like this.
  21. condor020

condor020 Member

do you have any link to see what the heater look like, i cannot find anything on it.

Anyways i still not know what too choose but more i read about dynavap more it look like a really nice item full with a smart conception, i wonder which one would be the most intersesting to vape for hashich ? i see that u can control temperature by where you aim your flame on so maybe a Xl would be interesting for me that i need to vape more at 200C +

22. Winegums

Winegums I make things from wood Accessory Maker

Cocobolo is nearly saturated with oils and extremely dense, so it will be quite slow to absorb in. Eventually it will start to stink and smell though, adversely effecting the flavour. Less dense woods or less oily woods would not fair as well, for example Maple and Walnut are not good woods to be getting condensates on.

23. KidFated.

Yeah, they do take on their own odor.. I haven’t found taste to suffer in the long run with any of my wooden pieces except the LB cuz it was hard to get under the trench, but taste has always been good still for me as long as I kept up. Maple reallllly sucks in some scent.

My dugouts always soaked up lots of scent too, wondering how the dynastash will play out

Helios, Winegums and stark1 like this.
  24. Squiby

Squiby Well-Known Member

I use my VapCaps with Hash and Concentrates. The Vapcap will handle them with ease. You would think that they were made for eachother.

I vape both hard and soft hash. With soft pliable Afghani hash I pinch off a bit and flatten it into a thin pancake. Just pop it in the chamber and heat the cap slightly last the click. Hard Moroccan hash is sliced paper thin with a razor.

Now for empty concentrates like wax and shatter or rosin, they vape beautifully with a modified concentrate pad shoved into the chamber. Pat a bit on top, put on the cap and heat.

Here is my approach to using a concentrate pad.

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/best-of-dynavap-vapcap.24345/#post-1145395

@Lady V The longer I have my Vapcaps, the more I am convinced that a variety of Vapcaps are essential. Absolutely essential. They all work the same with slightly different personalities.

The answer to your question is not about if you should get an XL or not, it is about deciding on your most favorite Vapcaps in any given area. Favorite Ti Woody Ss. Favorite Woodys and XLSs. Best Omni combos. Creative M mods. The most hypnotic @phattpiggie Twists and dramatically beautiful creations. The best @stardustsailor Bark and Hammer, or maybe some tool box love. Artistic storage and stunning @Winegums VonGs for your water.

You wanna know if you should get and Vapcap XL? Hell yes! Absolutely, without a doubt. Yes. I love having the different lengths and shapes to choose from. They are all great, not better or best, just a bit different.

sag, condor020, phattpiggie and 7 others like this.
  25. StringTheorista

Click to play YouTube Video

That thing that looks like an insulated travel mug is the prototype IH heater.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors