1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

Dynavap VapCap

Discussion in 'Portable Vaporizers' started by Fenton Mewley, Jul 21, 2015.

1. stark1

stark1 Keep on smilin

Everyone has their own preferences.

Whenever I get a brand new cap from DV I swap it out with an older one, and I am happy.

I can almost see a smile on them later on. :) —Keep on smilin!

[​IMG]

YaMon, Derrrpp, BigJr48 and 14 others like this.
  2. almost there

almost there Well-Known Member

hey brother, good to see you are back to your usual good humor:lol:. Hope that means all is well

YaMon, DirtyD, Summer and 5 others like this.
  3. stark1

stark1 Keep on smilin

Speaking of smiles, here’s one for Ken.

[​IMG]

jupazo, BigJr48, Flow and 6 others like this.
  4. beyond6strings

beyond6strings Just another traveller in the Dynaverse

Yep, put a smile on my face and I've not even picked up a cap yet.

5. Mr. Me2

Mr. Me2 Well-Known Member

@stark1 - is it your birthday?

BigJr48 and stark1 like this.
  6. stark1

stark1 Keep on smilin

Every day’s someone’s birthday, @Mr. Me2 !:clap:

[​IMG]

BigJr48, KidFated., Squiby and 4 others like this.
  7. Helios

Helios Well-Known Member

@stark1 you an Aries? its said the Ram's go head first, like to bash their heads into things.. hey if it is H.Birthdaze, will spark up a vapcap for ya

BigJr48 and stark1 like this.
  8. condor020

condor020 Member

I dont have myself any DV so correct me : iam thinking to buy a M 2018 and a vong stem and start to play with these, do you think it will be a good start ?

DirtyD, Summer, BigJr48 and 4 others like this.
  9. stark1

stark1 Keep on smilin

Thank you for the offering, @Helios .

Every day as I get on in time, I find myself in denial, so I celebrate each and every one.

And forget the years. Celebrate each day. [​IMG]

Summer, Vapoleon, BigJr48 and 7 others like this.
  10. bizwaxzion

bizwaxzion Enigmatic Cannabist

Yes. I picked up the 2017 M last July to see what the hype was all about and now I have 5 VCs. You might want to pick up an extra standard condenser to leave in the vong stem so you can just swap the tip. When using a water tool, the carb should be mostly closed and this can be accomplished by inserting the front x-ring into the tip end and pushing it down with a straw. Once set, it's nice to be able to leave it there.
    [​IMG]

Derrrpp, Summer, Vapoleon and 8 others like this.
  11. analytika

analytika Well-Known Member

Anyone using a vong for standard vaping? I picked up a cocobana stem in the standard thin profile to replace the Omni titanium xl stem, and much prefer the feel, and the central position of the carb. But sometimes find myself wanting something wider. I do love me a monster fountain pen!

Summer, BigJr48 and Dynavaper like this.
  12. bizwaxzion

bizwaxzion Enigmatic Cannabist

One of my daily drivers is a cocobolo omnivong XL. I never use it with a water tool, but like the wider midsection. The vong pictured above is only for water tool use and has no mouthpiece and a filed M17 SS tip.
    [​IMG]

Zecrono, Derrrpp, Summer and 4 others like this.
  13. cybrguy

cybrguy I mean really, WTF

Yours looks like a sharper etching than mine (maybe more zoomed in), but I gotta say these are really cool. I have kept this for "dress" and haven't heated it yet, but I HAVE to have the 4:20 one... ;)
    [​IMG]
    I certainly get the idea of letting people do what they do, but when my friend handed me the M it was unusable, so it was of no value at that point. They really don't make good smoking pipes.
    Then again, if he does the same thing again he is on his own... ;)

Last edited: Apr 18, 2018
    Quetzalcoatl, jupazo, Zecrono and 7 others like this.
  14. kurt6652

kurt6652 Well-Known Member

yes, the xls has a spinning mouthpiece.
    I have a cocobolo omni xl too, I am waiting for my pre 420 sale omni xl condenser to arrive. I am going to pair it with a Blackwood nonavong stem and hopefully I will be done spending on vapcaps
    for a while.

I like the feel of my cocobolo omni xl, I like the feel of wood more than metal, but I haven't handled a titanium omni yet, maybe my preference will change.

BigJr48 and cybrguy like this.
  15. Dynalowrider

Dynalowrider Well-Known Member

almost there, your nick says it all. I'm almost there. My O2 level is 96% sans oxygen, which is damn near normal. I just mowed an acre w/o oxygen, and I feel pretty damn good. Hoorah. I'm getting there. I've been walking a mile a day with a little green tank. I'm working toward a mile w/o using the tank. Doc

kushkush, DirtyD, antispleen and 21 others like this.
  16. StringTheorista

StringTheorista Well-Known Member

17. Squiby

Squiby Well-Known Member

I'm happy to hear that you are almost out of the woods. Recovery can take its own sweet time. But being able to go for walks is a huge milestone. I hope you find your walks rejuvenating and healing. One step at a time! :nod:

kushkush, DirtyD, paehtod and 12 others like this.
  18. Dynalowrider

Dynalowrider Well-Known Member

Thanks Squiby. I was once told by a DI after getting my bell rung "Get up and walk it off recruit." Best advice I ever got. Doc

Zecrono, DirtyD, paehtod and 9 others like this.
  19. frosty234

frosty234 Well-Known Member

Does anybody know/remember the original price of a Dynastash Xl @DV directly?
    I'm afraid prices here in Europe seem to be a little bit expensive for those - 65 € (~80 $) is the cheapest I could find for a bocote one.

BigJr48 likes this.
  20. mrb

mrb Accessory Maker

Made my first wooden stem today. Considering I don't have a lathe and wasn't even at my workshop i'm pretty happy with it. Haven't had wood in my vapcaps in a long time. I'm enjoying how light it is, and the XL length combined with the light weigh make it feel very joint like. Im really enjoying it:)
    [​IMG]

21. Squiby

Squiby Well-Known Member

@mrb Very very nice! What wood is it? How did you make it. Did you chisel it down with a carving knife and sand the bejesus out of it?

Derrrpp, Lady V, paehtod and 7 others like this.
  22. Dynavaper

Dynavaper Karma Farmer

That one is beautiful, @mrb! My respect and congratulations! :tup:

23. pxl_jockey

pxl_jockey Barely-Known Member

One of my favourite words! Very nice work @mrb !

Lady V, paehtod, BigJr48 and 6 others like this.
  24. mrb

mrb Accessory Maker

Thanks @Squiby ,@Dynavaper & @pxl_jockey
    I wanted to make use of my 'Live Stream flash sale' Xl condenser and Mouthpiece.

- I began by drilling a 6mm hole through a block of wood a centimetre longer than the stem I wanted to make. Now I had a centre point.

- Then I stuck a 6mm rod through it to use as a handle while I carved the rough shape with a knife.

- Then I put two 6mm thick strips of wood flat either side of some rough sandpaper flat on the table. I sanded the stem back and forth along the sandpaper between the wood strips until the rod sticking through the stem hits the 5mm wood strips. . . this keeps it round and even. Then I shaped a little by eye with the sand paper. Then sanded with fine sandpaper.

- Drill small carb hole now if you want one.

- Then Drill 8mm hole through the middle. You need a good quality sharp bit. You do this now because otherwise the rod & sanding might have widened the central hole that need to be exactly 8mm.

- Finally cut to exact length by cutting a little off the end at which you started drilling the 8mm hole. This is because unless yo have a drill press the end you start drilling in will have been widened over 8mm by human error of not going perfectly straight at the beginning of drilling the hole.

- Now use a cleaning brush to thoroughly thoroughly brush out any sawdust left in the stem!!

25. jambandphan03

jambandphan03 in flavor country

I had to jump on that 420 cap... :) and some extra O rings

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors