1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

Dynavap VapCap

Discussion in 'Portable Vaporizers' started by Fenton Mewley, Jul 21, 2015.

1. Hackerman

Hackerman Resident Idiot and Social Retard

Well, I must say, I am very dissatisfied with the VapCap I received today.

The cap is so loose it just falls right off. I did read in this thread about squeezing the cap slightly to tighten the fit but this cap is so far out of spec that if I squeezed it enough to hold it on, it would be so egg-shaped that it would be ruined.

If Dynavap offers to send a free cap that is in better spec, I'll try that but otherwise, I'll be returning this for a refund.

Sure took the wind out of my DynaVap sail.

2. cybrguy

cybrguy Patience Rewards

It's not a silly question, and a couple folks have said they thought they felt a little difference, but in truth we are talking about a 17mm lengthening of the vapor path (the size of the mp) and that really isn't enough to make any difference in my opinion. They look different and are easier to spin and hold (I think) but as far as I can tell they really don't effect the vapor in any noticeable way.
    That being said, I must say that now that I have two XL VCs, a Vong and a TI Omni, I DO prefer the longer length, no matter that it doesn't improve performance. I don't have big hands but the longer length is easier to hold and spin and a little easier to avoid the hot tip. I just find it more comfortable. But it is certainly not necessary. I sill love and use my non-XL VCs...

3. beyond6strings

beyond6strings Just another traveller in the Dynaverse

I for one like it when you break your silence. You have a way of getting to the meat of things.

pxl_jockey, KidFated. and stark1 like this.
  4. almost there

almost there Well-Known Member

My 4 new caps all came loose. I put 2 of them into rotation after a little squeeze and it was barely holding on. After a few days of constant use the caps shrank to grip the tip a-ok on both now.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2018
  5. trfe

trfe Well-Known Member

Just curious why you phrased it like this “Ti-Nonavong + Xl condenser + Mouthpiece“ instead of saying “NonaVong XLS”?

Isn’t it cheaper to just get it all in one device than building it yourself?

stark1 likes this.
  6. cybrguy

cybrguy Patience Rewards

So I just got an email response from Joe that XL DSs won't be available for a month or so. Guess I can stop haunting the website...

Squiby, pxl_jockey, KidFated. and 2 others like this.
  7. beyond6strings

@Hackerman what @almost there said. This is something that we're all used to-even the folks at team Dynavap squeeze their new caps to fit tips. I know it seems like you're going to squeeze the life out of it, but you're not. I'd say to give it a good squeeze and then try a few heat cycles with it before you send it back or ask for a replacement as it will most likely act the same.

It was disturbing to me to at first-and I got quite frustrated at first, but I found as most of us have that if you squeeze it using the digger outer side for 'purchase' that you'll find success. Try it. If it doesn't work for you they will certainly get you a new one.

But I think you'll find that it'll work just fine after a good hard squeeze.

8. Kalessin

Kalessin Well-Known Member

I guess I'm the odd man out on this. I actually squeeze it so the digger outer is as far from the fins as I can get it. I don't like the sound or the tactile experience of the cap sliding over the fins, and I find I can get it to fit perfectly well squeezing the non-digger outer sides

Squiby, KidFated., cybrguy and 2 others like this.
  9. StringTheorista

StringTheorista Well-Known Member

I’m holding onto hope that on the actual day, 4/20, it’s gonna show up. It was the only product on the table with George in the 420 sale teaser video. Of course it’s possible I’m naive...

Squiby, Newcastle, KidFated. and 3 others like this.
  10. stark1

stark1 Finally Spring!

Mr S has been quite chatty on Discord, by the read of it.....:cool:

KidFated., V-apE and Helios like this.
  11. Winegums

Winegums I make things from wood Accessory Maker

Did you try it? How do you know it would be ruined? :hmm::nope:

A lot of my caps are quite egg shaped and have been performing just fine for months.

Squiby, KidFated. and Kalessin like this.
  12. stark1

stark1 Finally Spring!

Because Geo wants his products to be robust, we will have to see when the Beta testing is done;
    I don’t believe the alpha stage has been initiated as yet....:p

KidFated., Helios and StringTheorista like this.
  13. Helios

Helios Well-Known Member

Question about grind size with the VC's @Winegums said the ideal VC grind is between 1.75mm - 2.25mm and any more would affect conduction, any less the grinds would fall through the Ti CCD's but not the SS CCD's. I noticed many on the grinder thread are digging the Kannastor gr8tr grinders, anyone here who use the gr8tr notice the grinds perfectly even for the caps vs. other grinders? Currently I am using a Space Case 2pc. and find it suitable grind for the VC's. Anyone try the Chewy 2 for DV?

Winegums likes this.
  14. Lady V

Lady V Active Member

True! I was thinking that the extra length would be more ergonomic... By the way I have stalked you on YT and I have to say that I love your tone and musical sensibility. You're a fantastic guitarist.

It seems very wise to me as well! Very good point!

Thank you @Helios! I have posted a rather detailed and boring post a few days ago and I 've been falling in love with this thread and all of you guys for a couple of months now. Would you care to elaborate on your preference of a smaller body? I'd love to read your opinion on that...

That's another thing I forgot to consider... the hot tip! Even though I have only touched the tip of my single flame torch up until now... Does the omni get as warm as the M? (I like my high temps at the moment, as I 'm still transitioning from smoking)

Megaton, kushkush, pxl_jockey and 4 others like this.
  15. cybrguy

cybrguy Patience Rewards

My personal experience is that the SS stem on the M absorbs more heat and holds it longer than the Ti of the Omni. I prefer the faster heat up and cool down of the Ti. YMMV

My only M experience at this point is the 2017 version. I'm anxious to play with a 2018 tip.
    Yeah, stoned folk/hot metal. It's not crazy like some and it cools pretty quickly but you can burn yourself. Especially when you drop it in your lap in shorts... ;)

Derrrpp, Squiby, KidFated. and 2 others like this.
  16. Helios

Helios Well-Known Member

@Lady V I wouldn't say boring, indeed there is a riot of characters on here as I'm sure you observed, as to why I prefer the regular size models over the plus sized ones it simply feels right, I like the compactness, the XL however is nice for home use, while the M I prefer for out n About. try both out you will eventually find the right fit:) for every occasion. :leaf:

17. beyond6strings

@Lady V thank you. And your post wasn't boring-if it was it wouldn't have elicited so much response. We love answering questions here.

In my limited experience you can get the same performance heat-wise out of a Ti tip. Especially when used natively. I also love the adjustable size bowl on the Ti tips-I keep all mine in the smallest setting.

I typically use my '18 M tip when I want a really hard-hitting effect near the end of the day and micro-dose smaller amounts during the day.

StringTheorista likes this.
  18. bizwaxzion

bizwaxzion Enigmatic Cannabist

@Lady V - I dig both standard and XL VCs, but I prefer the stem to be a nonavong if using an XL configuration. The standard diameter stems just don't do it for me. If using a standard length VC - then I prefer the smaller diameter body.

19. StringTheorista

@beyond6strings, would you consider attaching your previous explanation of “sip and dip” to your signature? Or reexplaining? (Searched and couldn’t find it...)
    I want to learn more, because I live in hope that I will order an IH from George this week. :cool:

beyond6strings likes this.
  20. Dynalowrider

Dynalowrider Well-Known Member

Hackerman, think about this, egg shaped gives you more air flow past the hot fins to give you more vapor. Like "everyone" else says squeeze it or bend the digger in a little to hold it on, and get in the habit of pointing the digger at the airport, (what it really is), to know where the hole is. Even if you are using the Omni it's a good habit to get into, that way when you do use the airport you don't have to stop and think "Where's that hole". When you get ripped you don't always want to complicate you thoughts. I would like for my caps to be a little larger so I could take advantage of more air flow. I'm not trying to tell you what to do, but think about how the VapCap System really works. The larger cap is an advantage. Doc

paehtod, Squiby, condor020 and 5 others like this.
  21. beyond6strings

@StringTheorista sure. Though the h/t belongs to @phattpiggie the inventor of the technique.

I use my '18 M tip on a PP 100mm stem for this. I heat to the click in the IH and take a couple of mouth pulls and then drop the tip back into the IH for a couple of seconds without waiting for the cool-down click, and then take another couple of mouth pulls and repeat that if I can until there's no vapor left. It's an intense experience, and I cache the .1g load in a couple of minutes. I've almost combusted once, but only almost and only once. As with all things when you go 'around' the click feel is very important. You'll start to get a feel for how long you can reheat without consequence-I usually heat to a count of 4 at least twice during this process, but most are only to a count of 2 or 3. It's dependent on the quality of the vapor and how deep into the 'session' I'm in as to how much I reheat.

And it's a fun intense experience. As PP says, going the normal route of heating and cooling to the click gets you high, doing Sip & Dip gets you stoned.

I'm not sure if anyone is doing this with a torch. If any of you are, please chime in. I wouldn't mind learning to do this while out in the wild.

22. bizwaxzion

bizwaxzion Enigmatic Cannabist

I do it with a torch also - some of my caps just take too damn long to click. It's dangerous and risky behavior - haha! Seriously though, it's about familarity with the device and knowing what you can get away with. If it normally takes 6 seconds to heat back up once it's clicked, 4-5 seconds of heat is perfect. You can run some tests with the stopwatch on your smartphone and a pattern will emerge... I've also done it mid draw (water tool) with a single flame to keep vapor flowing.

23. StringTheorista

24. kushkush

kushkush Well-Known Member

One happy note...if you do burn yourself you’ll prolly only do that once. :D

That’s when I learned to handle the VC only in the middle (mid-section) when I’m actually using it. :)

:2c:

paehtod, Squiby, cybrguy and 2 others like this.
  25. Lady V

Lady V Active Member

Yep dropped it in my lap a couple of times... thank goodness I love my jeans... but summer's approaching here... There will be some burning happening...

It was a long-a$$ post, but thanks for being kind. That was the idea at first, XL for home use and M for out and about (I'm a rather forgetful person... wouldn't wanna lose a 190 euro device... and it looks so pretty)

Thank you! You're very kind! I've been microdosing my whole life and the Ti tip makes more sense to me. I want the Omni condenser as I mouth-pull the vapour and I don't care for the carb hole.

Squiby, Helios, cybrguy and 1 other person like this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors