• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

sag

I received my new M18 yesterday. I must concur with the observation that this is looking like a leap forward for the M. I like the new tip. It seems to come very close to the TI tip on my omni as far as functionality. It came a lot cleaner than my other vapcaps with very little residue on the metal parts. I had to make sure that it worked properly for my trip next week. I have to report that I like the changes very much. I am looking forward to comparing the 17 with the 18. Looking like a fine trip next week.

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
Steama I have no want for anything else, I don't go looking and I'm not even bothered about trying other people's vapes.

I love the M paired with the Mini, triple torch is my butane weapon of choice.

More mass would be my only wish for a little longer session feel to the tokes otherwise I'm with you

in reality I already have the best portable vape 'for me' simple, efficient, and effective.

Likely the hipster chick will be George kind of height as they are tall over there, tall with tall pushbikes.
Tall pushbikes with right of way over everything. They are not called Psychle Paths for nothing.

szai

Steama I have no want for anything else, I don't go looking and I'm not even bothered about trying other people's vapes.

I love the M paired with the Mini, triple torch is my butane weapon of choice.

More mass would be my only wish for a little longer session feel to the tokes otherwise I'm with you

Likely the hipster chick will be George kind of height as they are tall over there, tall with tall pushbikes.
Tall pushbikes with right of way over everything. They are not called Psychle Paths for nothing.
Is the longer session desire the impetus for the ti hot end stem?

Last edited:

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Your caution of Viton/HF is appreciated SDS, and informative—altho sometimes your graphic
thoroughness scares the willies outer me... :rip::spliff:

Nice stems BTW-betcha knurled are in/on the horizon, Sailor.

WPxodwo.jpg

SUB TROPICAL LEMON KUSH + DRY = HOWEVER it is Civilized ("M")

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
@szai I didn't have that in mind when I had them made.

I'd prefer the mass to be in the tip, I can see the heat soak of the Ti hot end happening especially with the 2 O ring M but I'm not sure how much as they insulate as well.

I'm sure we will find out soon enough;)

Lozo

I've got a lovely hand crafted wooden stem for my Omni XL but the tip is a little too loose. I've tried new O rings but that doesn't help. Is there an O ring that is just a fraction bigger that anyone can suggest I use. Thanks guys

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
While I am not really in the market for a "low end" VC at this point, I am very tempted to get one just to try out the new tip.

BTW, as may be obvious, I am now copying another user (thanks @Phenix) and putting my "stuff" under a spoiler. Hopefully that will reduce the page crawl a little bit...

smokeydabear

Well-Blown member
I received the M18 yesterday and I've noticed some of the same things others have. The grip is comfortable, not rough but still makes a huge difference in feel. Pretty significant improvement in airflow. To me it feels slightly lighter than the old one but I haven't weighted them.

One thing I'm curious to get other opinions on is the performance. In my limited experience with M18 it seems to take alot longer for the cap to reach the cooldown temperature. I'v tried multiple caps on it but it still takes about 30 seconds to get that cooldown click. The clicks also seem to become more pronounced(louder) when put on the new M tip. With that said its a marked improvement over the old version for sure, definitely worth the extra $5 or even $10 extra

beyond6strings

Just another traveller in the Cannaverse
I got the '18 M today and I'm very impressed. I love the look and feel. I've been surprised how much I like metals in general and I really like the textured portion. It's a clean, sophisticated look.

And I immediately thought how cool it'd be as an XL. I also noticed that the mouthpiece felt a bit more like my Omnis than the '17 M. Again, more elegant.

I don't have enough experience with the '17 M to know if the two perform differently. I only had my '17 one for about a week before I sent it to my niece. But I do notice that it's different than my Ti Tips. But only in heat up time. Nice air flow, and cooler vapor than I'm used to at that length condenser. It does take longer to heat up so it seems to like my lighter better than my IH. But my PS was way low on juice-I'll try that again tomorrow when that's go a full charge.

Long term I think I'll put a Ti Tip on it as I like a smaller bowl size better for things I use natively. But I do think I'll like the SS tip on my Vong. Whenever the next cleaning day is I'll try the M stem out Naysh style with my Omni XL and put the SS Tip and the M's condenser in my Light Wood Vong stem.

All in all I think George and crew did an amazing job. Where else can you get a nearly indestructible vaporizer for $60? Legos for stoners indeed!

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
M18 is great so far, I didn't want to post for fear of just mirroring everyone else but yeah it's worth noting for sure. This tip is very good. I have yet to try the LE (soon) but I do think it's pretty close to the other Ti tips I've tried, and the fact it retains heat for a bit longer maybe actually better? Not sure. More playing to be done.

Also it came with pretty much no residue. I came prepared to thoroughly clean and there wasn't really much to show on my iso'd qtips.

So far so good. Dying for more news of the IH really. I should have gotten on Pipes list a while ago but at this point after seeing what we have and plus the tidbits of info, I'm pretty committed to getting that bad boy. An April release would be amazing but I don't really have any expectations as frankly I'm kinda still (very very pleasantly) surprised they even went ahead and started making their own. I've inadvertently become a bit of a (reluctantly self-admitted, I guess) DV fanboy over the past few weeks... The simplicity is beyond wonderful, and I love the concept of stems as an art platform.

abjake55

Tech Geek
Today I tried my "new" MXLS. It worked wonderfully. The spinning tip, and extra length were nice. Now that I have finally figured out why I had so many issues in the past ( old tinder dry herb) and have rectified that, I am ready to compare the 18M to the 17! Another reason why I want the M in my arsenal is how well the regular body fits in my leather stash by @Ratchett (and of course, now that my 17M is an XLS, I need another regular body one) .REALLY!

Sinnoah

I can't be the only one :/. A Ti Tip replacement just came in and it also gets stuck with a cap. These tips doesn't feel refined!. Got 3 different caps to try, all with the same issue :(.

Sinnoah,

stardustsailor

Accessory Maker
I can't be the only one :/. A Ti Tip replacement just came in and it also gets stuck with a cap. These tips doesn't feel refined!. Got 3 different caps to try, all with the same issue :(

If you do not wish to send it back to Dynavap ,asking for a replacement one
then there's this quite easy fix .

Cut a strip of xtra fine grit sandpaper ( 2000 US grit /2500 EU grit ) ,
wide as the multi-threaded part ( "head" ) of the tip .
Fold it around the head of the tip. With your index and thumb fingers hold together both the strip's ends
and press your fingers against the tip's head ,"struggling " it with the sandpaper strip.
Then with your other free hand ,hold the tip from it's "neck" ( the finned part ) and start spinning back'n'forth or at one direction (whichever suits you). Do about 10 cycles and then clean the tip with
a wet soft cloth (microfiber is best ) or some cotton .Test-fit the cap .If still it gets stuck repeat the procedure as many times ,until you achieve the wished fitting.

Tips:
- Sandpaper lightly the "lip" of the tip's "head" and it's three notches.
Sometimes there are tiny burrs there.

-Wet the sandpaper tip for the last finishing passes ,
to give your tip's head a more "shinny" and smooth surface finish.

-when you finish ,use a cotton ear bud ,wet with ISO and clean both the inner and outer
surfaces and cavities of the tip.

-Caution : Do not use any other grit than 2000 US grit /2500 EU grit ,as you're going to remove more material than needed and the tolerances between the cap and the tip are pretty tight .
You want to remove as less material possible ,while reaching for your given goal.
Spend some more time and be patient and treat (sandpaper) your tip with care .
A great final result is going to be your reward .

Cheers.

Last edited:

Dutch-Mic

Hey guys,
Do you know where can i get the vapcap 2018 model in Amsterdam?
I'm here for the weekend and really want to buy the new model.
Thanks!

Very close to the Leidseplein is a shop called Azarius. At the back of their shop is a room called (if I remember it correctly) Vapelab where you can test different vapes. Maybe not the 2018 M as @Summer mentioned, but I know that they sell all the other Dynavap products. Bring your own herbs of choice though, it's not a Dutch coffeeshop. :peace:

stark1

Lonesome Planet
Hey guys,
Do you know where can i get the vapcap 2018 model in Amsterdam?
I'm here for the weekend and really want to buy the new model.
Thanks!

You may be jumping the gun on an M’ . Like Massdrop, you have preorders.

However, while you are in wonderful, warm friendly lit up Amsterdam
you might as well pick up some DynaVaps, possibly an M-if you don’t already have one.

Happiness is a warm VapCap (bang,bang, toot, toot)

N2CUS11.jpg

Last edited:

Polarbearboy

Tokin' Away Since 1968
My lovely blackwood and maple Winegums VapCap stem arrived the other day. It has instantly become my favorite heavy hitter. Just beautiful sitting on my workdesk overlooking forests and mountains. I really like the way the octagon shape keeps the VC from rolling around and the fact that it is actually faceted. Reminds me a bit of a high-end Omas pen. Will send along a pic when I get a chance.

Top Bottom