1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

Dynavap VapCap

Discussion in 'Portable Vaporizers' started by Fenton Mewley, Jul 21, 2015.

1. Newcastle

Newcastle Stoned!

So is smoke on the 4th cycle normal? :freak: I was a little to far up the cap with the torch and waited for tbe second click.....:doh:gonna have to give it a cleaning to get the funk out.

ataxian and needalift like this.
  2. stardustsailor

stardustsailor Well-Known Member Accessory Maker

Just 5 minutes ago ,I've finished one quicky...
    Took measurements about the diameters ,but due to my enthousiasm I forgot all about measuring lengths.
    So ,that one can not pop out the CCD (by using it's thin end). It's kinda sort ... :doh:

But I've made it just for you to get the whole idea ,how should look more or less .
    [​IMG]

Meanwhile ,the thick end installs a CCD very easily to all three CCds positions.
    [​IMG]

And it has ( a quite badly made -due to the lack of a decent small drill vice ) a hole for
    a ball chain ! A very special ...talisman .
    [​IMG]
    During the coming weekend I will probably make 4 or 5 of them .
    I will post more about the "VapCap CCD setting tool" at my thread .

Stainless steel and Titanium Grade 5 are the material options .

Cheers.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2018
  3. Kalessin

Kalessin Well-Known Member

Yes. Want.

4. cybrguy

cybrguy Patience Rewards

Yep, I want one too. I only clean at home tho, so the chain wouldn't be necessary.

Cheap would be good... ;)

Avacados, ataxian, Squiby and 4 others like this.
  5. stardustsailor

Well ,they shall cost no more than 5 Euros each ( the stainless steel ones ) .
    ~ 6 USD for a stainless steel CCD setting tool.
    Still the shipping cost is more than that !
    So ,here is one problem.
    They are not going to be expensive.
    But shipping fees will double their price ...
    Any ideas to tackle this one ?

Cheers.

6. szai

szai Well-Known Member

Yes a distributer in the states.

Also I doubt it's necessary. Members will still pay the cost or wait until they get a body or stem from you.

My opinion kind of doesn't count at this point does it?

When you gonna start making ti vongs? Like that dude posted on Reddit last year. I think I can find his thread I messaged him.

I was just thinking the dynavap accessory makers are probably the heads of our dynavap gang or die! You guys love the dynavap more than all of us!

Last edited: Mar 13, 2018
  7. stardustsailor

Nice idea.
    I can make 10 or 20 pieces ,mail them to a FC member and then he /she
    distributes them within the US .

DeeCee5, Avacados, KidFated. and 10 others like this.
  8. pxl_jockey

pxl_jockey Barely-Known Member

You could offer free shipping and double the tool's cost! :haw: Lots of companies do it...

My sure-fire plan is to add one to my SDS stem purchase, inexpensive tool + free shipping! :tup:
    If you haven't seen what SDS has been up to, you really need to go look. :o WOW!

Avacados, KidFated., Summer and 5 others like this.
  9. Mr. Me2

Mr. Me2 Well-Known Member

Is it a dumb idea to reach out to George to see if he wants to carry it?

Avacados, Jackdaw, KidFated. and 9 others like this.
  10. szai

szai Well-Known Member

That was what I was suggesting actually.

Avacados, Summer, ataxian and 4 others like this.
  11. Dynalowrider

Dynalowrider Well-Known Member

I'm going to try to spleak splanlly here.
    If the end of the Omni mouthpiece, (the end you put in your mouth,) were reduced enough to fit in the tip, you would have a tool to set the screen with you at all times.
    As to that I'm thinking of sanding down a wooden mouthpiece to the correct size. Make sense? I do not think it would affect the function of the MP. You would want to reduce the opposite end from the o'ring on the wooden MP, or the o'ring wouldn't hold it on the condenser.
    Does this sound like it would work, or am I talking out of my ass? Doc

12. Helios

Helios Well-Known Member

this question goes out to the machining guys on here, aside for the costing concerns, what are the major differences between Titanium and Tungsten alloys? are Tungsten alloys tough on the machining/cutting tools if one were to use them in a Vapcap design? what are the Advantages to using a Tungsten alloy over SS or Ti?

13. szai

szai Well-Known Member

You can do that? I'm both revolted and intrigued!:brow::lol::D:cool:

14. cybrguy

cybrguy Patience Rewards

Actually if you have an omni you already have George's recommended CCD tool. I just don't like taking it apart or getting resin on MP/condenser for this..
    Click to play YouTube Video

15. NuhJokaSmoka

NuhJokaSmoka Well-Known Member

Definitely need one!

16. needalift

needalift Well-Known Member

Why is it that I really want one of these things ?? I use a pen and the condenser o set my screen with ease , but still feel like I need this !!!! If necessary I will pay the shipping to get my hands on one ...

17. Kalessin

Kalessin Well-Known Member

I'm totally putting one on my keychain. Life will be so much simpler

18. Dynalowrider

Dynalowrider Well-Known Member

I forgot about turning that around. Thanks. I'll shut up now. I need to get back to visiting with my friend Jack Herer. I think he was the one who lead me astray. Doc

Avacados, alterego420, sag and 10 others like this.
  19. sag

sag Well-Known Member

A proud enabler reporting in. I met up with three friends last Friday for a routine whisky, vape and world problem solving meeting. Usually we have a volcano to help with the task. After a short warm-up drink, they all brought out there M's that I had gifted them and the volcano never made an appearance. This week end rolled around and I was visiting my kids (really the grand kids). After bed time the adults usually sit around an electronic vape that the youngsters seem to like but....out came the M's that I gifted them. 5 converts in 3 days. They are all very happy with the Vapcaps. I will receive a new M18 in time for a little trip to Kali next week. I will visit a recent vapcap convert to check in and gift some more M's. I'll get a good chance to test out and compare the new M18. Life is soooo hard.

20. phattpiggie

phattpiggie Well-Known Member Accessory Maker

@stardustsailor how about you offer both the screen and an X ring setting tool or one piece that does both.
    Up the price a bit for the extra work or piece and the shipping doesn't end up being as bad.
    Most of my international customers ask for more than one piece to take advantage of this as my flat rate is the same no matter how many stems people buy.

I was going to buy a load of the plastic pens like I use and offer those for the X ring tool but SS or anodized Ti sounds a much better option.

George had a couple of boxes of stuff with him and two of your pieces were in amongst them.
    An odd way to see work from Greece via WI in Barcelona.

Very nice, very nice indeed. I love the way the colour worked on them.

21. Summer

Summer Well-Known Member

Nah, like the storm last week we didn't get all that much inch-wise. The 2 storms were a mushy, spring snow -- laden with water. Since the ground is warm, once shoveled, the rest evaporated on the the sidewalks & roadways. Just the way I like it -- here today, gone tom.

@beyond6strings, yeah, the black leaf j-hooks are super-nice. Glad you like it. I got a 18mm & liked it so much that I went back for a 14mm & another 18mm. Was going to go back for another 14mm backup, but saw that since we posted (& I posted once previously) the price increased from $10 to $15. I got them for $8 during one of their regular 20% off sales. I figured based on the 2 posts made, demand went up. Maybe with discount (& free ship?) on 420.

OK, I'm having a brain-dead moment. Screen tool, yes, X ring setting???

Last edited: Mar 13, 2018
  22. abjake55

abjake55 Tech Geek

[​IMG]

Just got my package from the dynaverse! Nonavong, XLS condenser with mouthpiece, twin torch, ccds, and a magnet for the Altoids tin! VCAS is alive!

23. mucsusn

mucsusn 60 going on 20

Outstanding and discernful choice......I’m assuming this is your first? If so, and speaking experientially, you are off to an auspicious and happy start!!!!

24. paehtod

paehtod Well-Known Member

You have a really beautiful nonavong here, is it the dark wood Vong?

25. UnclePuff

UnclePuff New Member

MFLB. Arizer Air. Milaana. E-nano nice for at home. Have a Blackwood Ti Nonavong and a wenge Dynastash on its way. Got a hold of Pipes for a skelly. Does anybody roll with a vong as there traveler? Portability is what I'm gonna like.
    Uncle Puff

DirtyD, Squiby, NizzyJones and 6 others like this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors