mucsusn

60 going on 20
MFLB. Arizer Air. Milaana. E-nano nice for at home. Have a Blackwood Ti Nonavong and a wenge Dynastash on its way. Got a hold of Pipes for a skelly. Does anybody roll with a vong as there traveler? Portability is what I'm gonna like.
Uncle Puff
All of my VC’s travel well. As I and many others around here, the latest being @beyond6strings have said, the best VC is the one that’s loaded up and in your hand. A few would disagree, but I believe the VC is the best thing out there in regards to function, efficiency, aesthetics (just a little over two years in for VC and already the cottage market customizers are killing it), value, ease of use, portability.......my how I ramble.

Currently I have a NonaVong XL in daily outside rotation. Love it, but I have big hands. Very easy to manipulate, spin, hold.

jds

All of my VC’s travel well. As I and many others around here, the latest being @beyond6strings have said, the best VC is the one that’s loaded up and in your hand. A few would disagree, but I believe the VC is the best thing out there in regards to function, efficiency, aesthetics (just a little over two years in for VC and already the cottage market customizers are killing it), value, ease of use, portability.......my how I ramble.

Currently I have a NonaVong XL in daily outside rotation. Love it, but I have big hands. Very easy to manipulate, spin, hold.

I've been using VCs exclusively since April 2017 (almost exactly a year now), and I agree. I couldn't see myself going back to combusting or other vapes. VCs are still unbeatable for me.

szai

EMERGENCY: first burnout with a wood body. HOW THE HELL DO I GET THIS TERRIBLE SMELL OUT OF HERE RIGHT FUCKING NOW? Fuck it. :(
I bet you have to soak in pure acetone but it's wait for a sure response. It goes away soon enough but clean everything out condenser and tip.

szai,

I bet you have to soak in pure acetone but it's wait for a sure response. It goes away soon enough but clean everything out condenser and tip.
I'm not new to burnouts, but I'm new to burnouts with wood... I don't think I have pure acetone available at the moment. Just iso. And I'm OFC NOT soaking wood into iso. I'm so disgusted with myself at the moment :(

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
@Willy can't be my stem, no wood in the vapor path anymore.:lol:
Damp a Q tip in Iso as long as it's not dripping. Wipe the inside and repeat. Do it in some warmth, which you plenty of, so it evaporates quickly.
You should be able to tell when the smell is gone.
Q tip some wax on the inside a couple of times and it should be good to go.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Interestingly I don't find combustion events stinking up my wood very much. The odor pretty much stays in the condenser. Maybe I'm just lucky. If it does pick up a little bit of stink it dissipates quickly.
I do get a little stink from the outside of the Vong where it mates with the glass. Since I am using the Ti MP with it I can clean it easily if necessary.

Last edited:

nickdanger

Collector of Functional Art
How about putting it in a bag of peppermint leaves overnight? I've not combusted in my wood stems, only metal that I could ISO, but thought I might try this if I combust with wood to see if it would work to draw the combustion smell out. At least it would be a natural solution with no chemicals involved if it indeed worked.

Kurtdigglur

Long draws
This is a really nice medical device ( a Vapcap). I forget sometimes when recommending it to others. I always say how efficient and easy it is to use. Earlier today I woke with Some nasty nausea (crohns) about 2 hours before I normally get up. Still tired I knew I needed a little bit to make the sickness felling go but I still wanted sleep. I took two hits off my M and was just enough to knock it out but not to much to wake me up. I went right back to bed no problems. It was a fast relief too. :):clap:

pxl_jockey

Just a dude
@Kurtdigglur Great post! It's an amazing device, so versatile and effective in many different use cases. I'm glad it came to your rescue and a bitashamed that I've not used a VC for medical reasons. I mean obviously I have on bad days but not for flare-ups. Not sure why? I suppose we can point to the fact I'm a stoner... But you inspire me Sir, and I'm gonna give it a go. It's not like I'll have to wait long for an opportunity.

So true: VapCaps do provide fast relief, a couple of caps tend to relieve all my conditions :smug:

So I washed my omniXL last night, didn't realise until it was in the tumble dryer. It wasn't bothered at all but the condenser was completely blocked by goo. I took it apart downstairs and laid everything on a napkin, because I have lost a CCD in this manner before. Later I took it upstairs and in that timeframe managed to lose it! :lol: I retraced my steps with a torch but no joy- it's gone to that magical place where all CCDs vanish eventually. No biggie, thank goodness I listened to @Squiby & have spares but irritating.

Happy Thursday VapCappers! I've got 3 MRIs on the schedule, how about you? England is expected to be hit by another "Beast from the East" this weekend, I am definitely not accustomed to proper cold winter weather anymore. It's just not civilised to be so cold and of course, we don't have the equipment & resources really to cope. If it snows south of Londontown, people will be tripping! National Emergency!
:bigleaf:

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
3 MRI's @pxl_jockey, hope you don't suffer from claustrophobia.
I did a very brief spell at a place that built them as a youth, it was good to see the process.
It's all super cooled during assembly using helium and nitrogen gas.
Essentially it's just a huge coil wrapped around a former similar to the IH's that we have.
I'll be in touch and hopefully the bad weather won't slow up the postal system.

I'm still getting impressive results using the hemp fibre I have.
It's not the same as the one I was using at the expo the one I have is a bit coarser.

I'm on a bit of crumble consistency concentrate just now.
I cut a short length of hemp and roll it into a bowl size ball, open it up and drop a small lump in.

Roll it back into a ball and drop it in the bowl.

The hemp keeps the crumble in the centre of the bowl so I can use my Mini with no worries of the goop running into the clickers.

It's tamped down a bit further than I would a green filled bowl so no scorch at all.

The fibre only seems to be darkening slightly and I got as near as damn 100% extraction of the goodies.

Opening the hemp up showed no trace of concentrate and no sticky mess on my digits.

Globbs

I need a little insight good folks. My cap seems to be double clicking on heat up and cool down. I have combusted a few times by accident. The cap makes a very faint click on heat up, and if more heat is applied it makes a louder click soon after most times. Same on the cool down. This am I didn't get a loud click on heat up and completely scorched everything. Is my cap broken from misuse ?

Globbs,
Reactions: paehtod

mucsusn

60 going on 20
I need a little insight good folks. My cap seems to be double clicking on heat up and cool down. I have combusted a few times by accident. The cap makes a very faint click on heat up, and if more heat is applied it makes a louder click soon after most times. Same on the cool down. This am I didn't get a loud click on heat up and completely scorched everything. Is my cap broken from misuse ?
Don’t sweat this....the caps are designed and manufactured with two clicking discs. Most all of us have experienced what you describe at one time or another. I find that sometimes I’ll get one faint click, sometime one BIG click as if both discs had popped at once. Like all of the other vagaries that go along with using a VC (grind, heat source, moisture content, ambient temp, wind....) I usually just go with that first click, maybe a little past and gauge my results.

If you haven’t yet, take a look at the best of thread for lots of additional insight.

I seldom combust anymore, and achieve great results most of the time. Again, don’t sweat it:cheers:

SloJimFizz

Unknown Member
Happy Thursday all VC'ers in the Dynaverse.
Still toting my beautiful Cocbolo Omnivong XL in modded xl stash wherever I may roam.
I'm right there with you @Kurtdigglur have my ih and a vapcap bedside for middle of the night needs.
Good luck with your mris @pxl_jockey
Thanks for the human induction heater visual @phattpiggie :freak:
Hope no snow hits you guys across the pond. My first snow experience was in London when my dad was stationed there in the mid 70's.
You guys in the north east here in the states, holy cow.
Stay safe friends. :peace:

Top Bottom