cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
So, I was at the place of my last M gifted friend again last night and things haven't improved. The M was unusable due to a completely clogged screen. There was still grey ash in it, not even black, so he was just smoking with it again. I did the 30 minute deep clean again and I left him a perfectly usable and mostly clean VC M, but I have little hope things will be any better next time.
So, so far, 2 of the 3 smokers who I turned on to the M are still unable to effectively use it. It is a combination, I think, of not really getting the benefit and not being willing to make the effort.
One of them has no money, but I think the guy I was with last night who can afford a more expensive vape would eventually understand the benefit and make the transition with something that doesn't take much technique. I am no longer confident I will convert him to the VC, however. I'm afraid it is not for everyone. :ugh:
I will continue to work on my other friend, however...

Kalessin

One can try

dYwGG28.jpg

Yup. To.

More, if you can’t wait.
That knife is so cool. (oh and the Vapcap too. I'm not off topic, you're off topic! :lol:)

Last edited:

Helios

@cybrguy I feel ya man, some people simply hold on to old habits and don't wish for change even in regards to improved health, and the caps do have a learning curve which can turn off lazy or deeply ingrained folks.:bang: I managed to convince 2 out of 4 daily smokers, however I cringe when I see friends/fam who tried the vapcaps and reverted back to smoking. :shrug:

szai

This guy is a joint smoker, clearly his favorite way to consume, so I really thought he would get it, but no, he hasn't. I'm going to suggest he put it in a drawer and try again some time when he is more motivated, like after a coughing fit...
I got my friend one about a month ago. He didn't completely get it until he watched a couple of videos on YouTube.

Squiby

I've had the best luck with friends fucking combustion and turning them on to the Vapcap way of life by letting sample my experience. With an Omni or a regular Vapcap with a lower oring, I will load and heat my Vapcap, then hand it to them, instructing them to puff it like a cigar, then inhale.

At first, they don't think they're getting anything until they exhale. Often they'll comment on the flavor. Sometimes they will ask me how they can get one. These are the folks I gift Ms to. I never try to convince them on the benefits of vaping or try to sell them on how great the Vapcap is. They have to experience it to love it and they have to love it to want to make the switch.

I don't want to give Ms away to people who won't use it.

Only once I gifted an M to an old friend blind. I was lucky, she loved it right away. She vapes hash exclusively and the Vapcap stopped the tobacco hash joints immediately.

What technique are you using to vape your charas? What grade charas do you have? In my experience you have still do the burning with a lighter or torch on a key thing. Otherwise you might not feel much from vaping it. After you've "cooked it" smoosh it onto your cotton or hemp or whatever and vape like normal.

I put the hemp thread in the chamber, the chamber is almost entirely filled with the hemp threads.
I then make a flat pancake from my charas, put it on top of the hemp thread bed, put the cap on, and go for it. I get 5-6 hits/sessions from one charas pancake. I keep heating it for a few seconds past the second click. First two hits are hardly any vapor, all taste. Next 3-4 hits some vapor, but certainly not huge clouds or anything. Still makes me cough though. And I always wait to hear the cool down click before hitting it again.

Ive only had it for two days, so I am still evolving my technique. And still waiting for my torch lighter as well. I will try and cooking it and then vaping it like you said, lets see how it goes.

I smoke only good grade cream, first rub when available. What about you?

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I got my friend one about a month ago. He didn't completely get it until he watched a couple of videos on YouTube.
I gave him links to all the good videos, but I didn't sit there and make him watch them. He said he watched "some". I have demonstrated how I use them several times. Since his biggest problem seems to be the heating I think an IH might get him over the hump, but I hate to see him waste the money if it doesn't pan out.

Tho, he could always give it to me... :brow:

trfe

Do most of you guys temperature step with your vapcaps or do you usually just shoot for full extraction?

I’m looking to take a hit or two throughout the night and if I can start with low temps early and finish the night with higher temps on the same pack that would be ideal. Is that possible with a vapcap.

I saw the video with the temperature chart not sure which it was though.

sag

I've had the best luck with friends fucking combustion and turning them on to the Vapcap way of life by letting sample my experience. With an Omni or a regular Vapcap with a lower oring, I will load and heat my Vapcap, then hand it to them, instructing them to puff it like a cigar, then inhale.

At first, they don't think they're getting anything until they exhale. Often they'll comment on the flavor. Sometimes they will ask me how they can get one. These are the folks I gift Ms to. I never try to convince them on the benefits of vaping or try to sell them on how great the Vapcap is. They have to experience it to love it and they have to love it to want to make the switch.

I don't want to give Ms away to people who won't use it.

Only once I gifted an M to an old friend blind. I was lucky, she loved it right away. She vapes hash exclusively and the Vapcap stopped the tobacco hash joints immediately.

I have had the same reaction from the 6 M's that I gifted. I did hold thier hands for an intro. One guy had trouble with the spinning part but has adopted the vapcap with vigor. Interesting that all 6 are happy with the M and have not been harmed by VAS.

Ricardo

I will try and cooking it and then vaping it like you said, lets see how it goes.
I wonder what would happen if you crumbled it up? I haven't tried hash yet but I never got clouds with little nuggets or with coarsely shredded bud. Of course a good torch will make a big difference, and you will soon master the brisk rotation while heating at a consistent distance :tup:

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Do most of you guys temperature step with your vapcaps or do you usually just shoot for full extraction?
For the most part my home VC use goes like this. Using a vong (and my Jarhead), I take the first hit (for flavor) in my mouth. Then I put it on a water piece and do 2 click to click hits. Sometimes the first WP hit cashes the load, but if not the second will.

I don't feel like I get enough precision in temps to temp step with the VC. I find battery vapes better for that, tho I rarely do it anymore.

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense
Yep, a kind of "mission (nearly) impossible"! Same as me. I offered my 3 spare"Ms" to around 10 people until I finally found three guys who seriously wanted to have them. I know only one of them who is regulary using it now.
It's the old beloved habit, the ritual that joint smokers don't want to miss. So most of them aren't really interested in getting the learning curve. They use it the wrong way and then have the confirmation that vaping isn't - generally - working for them.

Last edited:

szai

I had this idea and I realize how this sounds. It's something that will take the right conditions and subterfuge. Your need to go on a day trip and hide his stash and only bring yours and like a gram or two. Make sure you have two dynavaps on you. One for bud one for concentrates, you get me? So lose his stash and say we gotta subsist on this here gram for the day.

Whatcha think?

Ricardo

I’m looking to take a hit or two throughout the night and if I can start with low temps early and finish the night with higher temps on the same pack that would be ideal. Is that possible with a vapcap.
Some people do this, especially with concentrates or shatter. I only vape flowers and prefer it fresh every time (I also have the Ti tip adjusted to its smallest setting). I pretty much go for full extraction over 3 or 4 heatings. Like @cybrguy I think other vapes are better for precise temperature control (I still fire up my DaVinci Ascent from time to time).

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense
I had this idea and I realize how this sounds. It's something that will take the right conditions and subterfuge. Your need to go on a day trip and hide his stash and only bring yours and like a gram or two. Make sure you have two dynavaps on you. One for bud one for concentrates, you get me? So lose his stash and say we gotta subsist on this here gram for the day.

Whatcha think?

It wouldn't work with my friends - "No prob, I've my own papers. May I roll a joint with your herb?"

szai

It wouldn't work with my friends - "No prob, I've my own papers. May I roll a joint with your herb?"

Only have a couple of smoking buddies but the two I smoke with most often around only vape with me. It helps that we use the supreme v3 too. The one I got the m is like a zealot concert to vaping. I'm trying to help him quit smoking cut and sucking completely to vaping. He's completely sold on it ma and wants to customize it with a vong body I think.

Top Bottom