1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

Dynavap VapCap

Discussion in 'Portable Vaporizers' started by Fenton Mewley, Jul 21, 2015.

1. Hogni

Hogni Honi soit qui mal y pense

Summer and GreenHopper like this.
  2. Smokey McVape

Smokey McVape Peace. Love. Unity. Dynavap.

Vintage guitars is slightly different to a product being made up to a year ago. I thought that Dynavap would still have the gen 4 design and tools in house and that it would be easy to remake them to that spec in the same way.

3. Winegums

Winegums I make things from wood Accessory Maker

The Ti tips cool down much faster than the SS tip on the M. Ti also performs better on the first heat cycle versus SS as it takes less of the energy to heat. Thus more of that thermal energy can be conducted into the herb during the heating phase.

Because there’s significantly less mass in the Ti tip it cools back down to room temperature much faster. This acts as a temperature reset for the tip which lets you start at the nearly same point everytime. With the SS tip I usually end up with the temperature of the tip getting hotter and hotter between cycles. Rising temperature is kept to a minimum with the Ti.

Think of the two materials as having a different thermal “response time”. The SS is sluggish and heavy, where the Ti is responsive and light.

4. armani

armani Well-Known Member

I have yet to risk making room for it in the dynastash in case i destroy it, but count me in for one when it comes (hopefully not long)

:bowdown:George

NicholasPetris likes this.
  5. NicholasPetris

NicholasPetris Well-Known Member

To add to what Winegums said about the faster heating and cooling of the (Gen 4-5) Ti vs SS which can allow for functionally faster extraction, I, as any sometimes clumsy person could, seriously appreciate that the Gen 4-5 tips, when below the clicking temperature, are rarely hot enough to cause any burn injuries; one can generally remove a cap right after the cooldown click bare-handed on the Ti (no magnet necessary). The SS (and Gen 2 or so Ti) tip requires significantly more caution.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2018
    FreddieFresh, Summer, Squiby and 6 others like this.
  6. Squiby

Squiby Well-Known Member

@Stevenski You have, beyond compare, the most beautiful log, bodies and stems.

FreddieFresh, rad, Shannock and 3 others like this.
  7. alex91

alex91 Active Member

What tip and body is that?

NicholasPetris likes this.
  8. stark1

stark1 X

A beautyfull V Day in just such a New England town. (after ED)

[​IMG]

9. ataxian

ataxian PALE BLUE DOT

[​IMG]
    Maybe I stupid and lame?
    Why does the "M" FUNCTION so well?
    PluZZLING?

Quetzalcoatl, DirtyD and Shannock like this.
  10. mccringleberry

mccringleberry Well-Known Member

Why do ALL Vapcaps function so well? Lol

FreddieFresh, ataxian, Summer and 4 others like this.
  11. stark1

stark1 X

Dunno.:shrug: Not everyone has the latest, nor the greatest. I struggle with my S&M SS tip, and as
    -pire.

[​IMG]

My church. My Alter. -- Haha, altar. Happy Ash Wednesday.

12. mrb

mrb smoke free me

The Condenser x-rings are totally fine after my months of iso soaking/cleaning. I have removed them from time to time.

The o-rings on the tip. . while i haven't closely closely examined them or tried to remove them (why would I at this point in my particular routine)... there is certainly no obvious visual damage, or any degradation of fit.

I'm also quite surprised how these silicone rings have lasted, given the general chat here on the topic.
    But my experience is true to what i posted, I've not worried about ISO soaking the rings and they all work fine still.

They are all the black rings that were shipping with the products direct from DV last April ish . . .

I'll try and remove one of the rings from the Tip at some point and report back.:tup:

13. Krazy

Krazy Well-Known Member

I just got extra parts when I got my original VapCaps. Due to laziness my planned cleaning method involved heating with a Bigshot torch until everything burned off.

I'v done this twice to my Onmi and once to my M with no ill effect. :nod:

14. Dynavaper

Dynavaper Karma Farmer & Dynavap Maniac

15. Ricardo

Ricardo Well-Known Member

ataxian, Helios and ArthurJ like this.
  16. ArthurJ

ArthurJ Well-Known Member

Hey @Ricardo, that was me, a backdrop.
    I've only just started it.

ataxian and Ricardo like this.
  17. Dynalowrider

Dynalowrider Well-Known Member

I try to clean my VC with "Everclear". Makes a nice tincture, or a nice drink. Doc

sag, FreddieFresh, DirtyD and 8 others like this.
  18. Ricardo

Ricardo Well-Known Member

Dude, it's a totally different reading experience +NONAVONG +BROOKLYN MANGO = CIVILIZED ? :D

NicholasPetris and ataxian like this.
  19. mrb

mrb smoke free me

Ha ha. I should have added. . . . I do this a lot too!!! Probably over 15 times by now!
    (Can't believe I didn't mention this given my recent posts on the subject of cleaning and o-rings)

My biggest/only issue with the vapcap is KEEPING THE SCREENS IN THE SMALLEST BOWL POSITION! :worms:
    (I'd explain further, but it would be such a big post in itself . I've been there previously on this thread. So I don't want anyone wasting their time typing advice re; screens and vapcaps. . please and thank you. .
    But obviously if you are having issues on the topic you're welcome to ask me for advice on what to do IF you too find the whole issue a such pain! :tup:)

Anyway. . to help keep my screens in place for as long as possible I began my cleaning program . . .
    - Decent ISO soak.
    - Lightly lightly, gently gently, with the brush and ISO.
    - Warm water ,rinse and dry.
    THEN: about every 3-4 cleaning cycles I finish by blowtorching the whole bowl red hot! To get rid of the brown crap that I found eventually builds up behind the screen in the bowl due to my 'lightweight' cleaning program.

The first time, I heated the whole Bowl red hot at once. It burned the whole thing spotless, but ultimately I realised the screen didn't like this too much! Nor the next screen. It seemed to shrink and or as well degrade them, I can't quite remember. But it was a no no for screens staying in their place for longer.
    So from here on I began heating the tip more gently so that just different areas began to glow red for a second or so. This still cleans everything but doesn't affect the screen at all it seems. . it does rainbow the Ti-tip a bit too. .

And to finish! My o-rings are all still fine :rofl:

Feel like I've been boasting about my o-rings for three pages now, starting a long way back and many moods ago in my day. I'll stop.

EDIT: Referred to Tip a few times when I definitely meant Bowl. I have amended the mistakes I hope. I don't want anyone thinking their o-rings will be fine if the WHOLE TIP is red hot!
    :doh:
    And I just remembered. .
    I use SS screens and they just seem to shrink a little when the whole bowl is heated red hot???? The screen I remembered that degraded, and by that I mean disintegrated, was a well used Ti-screen I tried to heat red hot clean while out of the tip. . it broke ito about 6 pieces when I tried to put it back in the tip. So don't do that either.

20. ArthurJ

ArthurJ Well-Known Member

Hey @Ricardo, did you read the whole series?

ataxian likes this.
  21. Squiby

Squiby Well-Known Member

Yes. Well, it's an Ed's 14mm x 45mm Blackwood VonG body.

FreddieFresh, Ricardo and Summer like this.
  22. Kurtdigglur

Kurtdigglur Long draws

Love watching the milk now.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

23. Alex3oe

Alex3oe Well-Known Member

Hogni, Ricardo and ataxian like this.
  24. DirtyD

DirtyD Well-Known Member

That is awesome..

Ps. Love love loving my' Hey Oh My ' flint -torch lighters. 8 bucks for 2 on Amazon. Thanks to Miss Squiby once again! Cheers all, D.

25. Winegums

Winegums I make things from wood Accessory Maker

I didn't think I was going to get up into the shop today but I fought through some knee pain and knocked out this 18mm Walnut VonG body.

[​IMG]

ew91, Copacetic, asdf420 and 25 others like this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors