mrb

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
I just got extra parts when I got my original VapCaps. Due to laziness my planned cleaning method involved heating with a Bigshot torch until everything burned off.

I'v done this twice to my Onmi and once to my M with no ill effect. :nod:

Ha ha. I should have added. . . . I do this a lot too!!! Probably over 15 times by now!
(Can't believe I didn't mention this given my recent posts on the subject of cleaning and o-rings)

My biggest/only issue with the vapcap is KEEPING THE SCREENS IN THE SMALLEST BOWL POSITION! :worms:
(I'd explain further, but it would be such a big post in itself . I've been there previously on this thread. So I don't want anyone wasting their time typing advice re; screens and vapcaps. . please and thank you. .
But obviously if you are having issues on the topic you're welcome to ask me for advice on what to do IF you too find the whole issue a such pain! :tup:)

Anyway. . to help keep my screens in place for as long as possible I began my cleaning program . . .
- Decent ISO soak.
- Lightly lightly, gently gently, with the brush and ISO.
- Warm water ,rinse and dry.
THEN: about every 3-4 cleaning cycles I finish by blowtorching the whole bowl red hot! To get rid of the brown crap that I found eventually builds up behind the screen in the bowl due to my 'lightweight' cleaning program.

The first time, I heated the whole Bowl red hot at once. It burned the whole thing spotless, but ultimately I realised the screen didn't like this too much! Nor the next screen. It seemed to shrink and or as well degrade them, I can't quite remember. But it was a no no for screens staying in their place for longer.
So from here on I began heating the tip more gently so that just different areas began to glow red for a second or so. This still cleans everything but doesn't affect the screen at all it seems. . it does rainbow the Ti-tip a bit too. .

And to finish! My o-rings are all still fine :rofl:

Feel like I've been boasting about my o-rings for three pages now, starting a long way back and many moods ago in my day. I'll stop.

EDIT: Referred to Tip a few times when I definitely meant Bowl. I have amended the mistakes I hope. I don't want anyone thinking their o-rings will be fine if the WHOLE TIP is red hot!
:doh:
And I just remembered. .
I use SS screens and they just seem to shrink a little when the whole bowl is heated red hot???? The screen I remembered that degraded, and by that I mean disintegrated, was a well used Ti-screen I tried to heat red hot clean while out of the tip. . it broke ito about 6 pieces when I tried to put it back in the tip. So don't do that either.

Last edited:

Kurtdigglur

Long draws
Love watching the milk now.

pwB52gb.jpg

u61w4bX.jpg

Summer

Long Island, NY
I think I read the new dynavap plastic cases have a heat-proof o-ring in the bottom so you can throw them in hot.

In one of my last 3 orders, I saw the red o-ring at the bottom of the XL case, which I also ordered. I thought at the time it was to act as a buffer to protect what was enclosed, but can't remember what. So, is the purpose of the silicone ring to be able to drop a hot cap end in? If so, I guess I got this tube by mistake since I didn't order a vc. If it is for heat protection, I would like to see Dynavap sell a package of these. Does anyone know what size they are as I don't have the proper tools where I am right now to pry it out. How I miss my handy 6" long tweezers.

Summer,

beyond6strings

Just another traveller in the Cannaverse
Yesterday ended up being cleaning day as I noticed 'honey' dripping from the mouthpiece on my Omnivong. There's something pretty cool about pushing a nugget through the condenser and getting all that extra goodness. I put a little ground material in a spent concentrate container and push the honey load on top. Pour a little more ground flower in and shake it a bit. I will pop that in to my Milaana at some point for some late night goodness. And I used PBW again to great results on the condenser, mouhtpiece, and tip.

We're in that season between seasons here in New England.

Here's some music to celebrate:

Fat Freddy

FUCK CANCER TOO !
Yesterday ended up being cleaning day as I noticed 'honey' dripping from the mouthpiece on my Omnivong. There's something pretty cool about pushing a nugget through the condenser and getting all that extra goodness. I put a little ground material in a spent concentrate container and push the honey load on top. Pour a little more ground flower in and shake it a bit. I will pop that in to my Milaana at some point for some late night goodness. And I used PBW again to great results on the condenser, mouhtpiece, and tip.

We're in that season between seasons here in New England.

Here's some music to celebrate:

Flawless! From beginning to end! :rockon:

/

Vapoleon

Vapoleon Bonaparte
Somebody has any idea to substitute degummed hemp fiber for filtration in the cap?

When purchasing my "starter kit" there was no hemp fiber in the store so I just left it out from the basket.
I tried now a slice of a cigarette filter but the material became hard so I dont think it is healthy to put it there, also I felt it when inhaling the vape. This was just to substitute the hemp fiber which I dpnt have.

The vapcap M is fantastic, I had the opportunity to test a bit more with it and I really like it.
Best portable vape for me for sure.

The slice of the cigarette filter worked great for a while, even a draw was a bit restricted because of it what increased the amount of visible vapor so I'd like to find something that could serve me for this reason. :)

Any idea?

Vapoleon,
Reactions: Ricardo

Jah1975

Somebody has any idea to substitute degummed hemp fiber for filtration in the cap?

When purchasing my "starter kit" there was no hemp fiber in the store so I just left it out from the basket.
I tried now a slice of a cigarette filter but the material became hard so I dont think it is healthy to put it there, also I felt it when inhaling the vape. This was just to substitute the hemp fiber which I dpnt have.

The vapcap M is fantastic, I had the opportunity to test a bit more with it and I really like it.
Best portable vape for me for sure.

The slice of the cigarette filter worked great for a while, even a draw was a bit restricted because of it what increased the amount of visible vapor so I'd like to find something that could serve me for this reason. :)

Any idea?

Any organic, non bleached/peroxided cotton ball or muji cotton will work. and wont cause any harm, just need to play around to find the correct thickness

DirtyD

Anybody know when or how to get one of those new sharp blade ti tips? Is that some secret code special order stuff ? I want one or two. Need to put that thing through thorough lab testing asap. Vap heads where you at??? Cheers and thanks, early weekend D.

Top Bottom