Dynavap VapCap ti 7 fin, 4th gen. Tip (possibly updated)

NicholasPetris

@VapCap Do you think it would be possible to get my 7-fin Gen 4 tip without the grooves for adjustable screen placement? I love my current Gen 5 Ti tip but I would prefer a smooth chamber (for cleaning and whatnot) and don't need the size reduction. If this request can't be fulfilled, I'll still happily buy it. Really looking forward to this and the Ti spinning mouthpiece.

Another question regarding this custom order. This may not be feasible or the place to ask, but for the purchase of the tip and mouthpiece, maybe we can have the option to "Dynabuild" with them ? For instance, I'd really like a black and/or white-ish ebony stem (only a body is currently available on the site), so could I buy an ebony XL with Ti mouthpiece and 7-fin tip ? If this has the hazard of getting too complicated or is just not feasible, I understand.

Thanks and cheers !

Summer

Long Island, NY
@NicholasPetris, copy your post & send it to George through his the website contact. I don't know if it's doable for a tip w/o the grooves as the equipment settings is programmed for tips w/ the grooves & I don't know how easy/feasible it would be to change the parameters for just 1 tip, however, you can still buy the tip as is, the spinning mouthpiece & a condenser & have a custom stem made for you. Well, it's a plan. :)

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Quite a few of the folks in this queue are signing with their first post on FC. Is this tip being advertised elsewhere or are these all lurkers?

After thinking about that for a sec I realized that it is being discussed on reddit at least and probably mentioned on facebook, so nevermind... ;)

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
My two woodies both have the original tips and work great. So the need for all the different tip configurations are beyond me. Although I'd give one a try to see what the difference is.

RUDE BOY,

Summer

Long Island, NY
Quite a few of the folks in this queue are signing with their first post on FC. Is this tip being advertised elsewhere or are these all lurkers?

After thinking about that for a sec I realized that it is being discussed on reddit at least and probably mentioned on facebook, so nevermind... ;)

Actually, I only posted on reddit on 12/21 so there are only 3 possible new reddit members (or could also be longtime lurkers here) that signed up for the tip & none for the mp.

Here's the link to my reddit post for anyone interested:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Dynavap/comments/7l7y6h/dynavap_7fin_4th_gen_tips_ti_spinning_mp_offering/

The post excerpts in my 1st reply are from the likes of squiby, phattpiggie, winegums, etc. The last link referenced in one of my replies is your's:

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/dynavap-vapcap.18853/page-912#post-1192644

Edited to add: I didn't post on dynaverse. It's not that kind of platform. Also, I seem to think that most of the members there are either on FC &/or reddit anyway.

Last edited:

Kalessin

If this becomes a thing I would really like to have mine without the adjusting grooves as well.
I guess we need to wait for George @dynavap to see this and let us know if it's possible.
I'm totally cool with people not wanting the grooves so don't take this the wrong way but what is it about them that is undesirable? I always keep the screen at the largest size but my grooves have never required any special cleaning or anything

Summer

Long Island, NY
@NicholasPetris, @kentuckyshark, @The Beagle. I just shot out a pm to @VapCap about the grooves & he replied that the tips will have "the adjust-a-bowl geometry as this is the most multi-functional."

Like @Kalessin, I, too, don't understand why the adjustable grooves are undesirable. I, too, always keep the screen at the largest size & have no problems with the extra screen grooves in terms of cleaning. I'm curious as to why.

@kentuckyshark, if you don't want the tips or want to only take 1 because of the grooves, either just edit your post for the desired quantity or just edit your post to clear the contents & ask the mods to delete. Otherwise, if it's past the 6 hour edit limit, just make a new post stating your intent. BTW, welcome to FC!

@Mr.Sifter, nothing to do after you post your reservation. I asked George to pm me when he starts production so I can post a last call. And that's it.

caseball2051

Hey I'm the 10th post here and I can't seem to edit in this information so here I am. Sorry if this breaks a rule.

I'm not adding, just clarifying for counting purposes that I can want just 1 tip.

Ty!

NicholasPetris

@Summer & @Kalessin , my personal reason for desiring a tip without the adjust-a-bowl feature is that I prefer, aesthetically and functionally, the smooth chamber, like in the M or Gen 2 Ti tip (though I of course prefer the weight and increased airflow of the Gen 5).The digger-outer or q-tip just goes right down the chamber wall without getting snagged on the groove, and it's fewer crevices for crumbs and residues to get lodged in (I generally use q-tips+ISO for cleaning, and the ridges seem to require slightly more care). It's really not so significant, but as I already have 2 5th Gen tips (and another on the way; on a black and white ebony Ti-woody:whoa:) and I'm likely to use this 7-fin tip for the rest of my life, I thought it worthwhile to see if my preferred customization could be possible. I'll still of course take 1 of these tips regardless!

I've tried the smaller chamber size, and even for smaller doses, I prefer using the largest setting; even the loosest pack works just fine, in my experience (unless dealing with the finest of materials, which can still easily be accomodated).

@cybrguy I suppose I'll tell you my own personal circumstances regarding my account creation. I got my first MFLB in 2013, started browsing the MFLB subreddit in 2014, read through the MFLB FC thread around 2015, and have occasionally browsed ever since. The VapCap seemed interesting to me ever since I heard about it, but I was just fine with my MFLBs (inventory space is a significant issue for me). I WAS impressed and compelled whenever I would see a George video. I also had been admiring Ed's work for a while (got some MFLB stems from him) and had determined I would in all likelihood buy a WoodScents eventually; the Dynavap compatibility sealed the deal for me. In June 2017 I bought my M wth a free lighter, and got onto reading the Dynavap FC thread. I've been trying to more or less keep up to date on the online discussion/news (on reddit and FC). July 2017 ("battery independence" sale) was when I got my Titanium tip. I don't know if this personal history is of any pertinence to you and your question, but in short, I'd probably be considered a (sometimes obsessive) lurker. LOL :cool: Thanks for all the research and reports, everyone!

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I would love to go up there and see how the machining actually works. The precision required for cutting these small and complex parts is amazing and the process must be fascinating. I wonder, for example, if the inside grooves are created as part of the original creation of the tip or if it is a separate step. If the latter it might be fairly easy to just skip that step for a few runs. If the former it would require reprogramming the process to eliminate the grooves and that would (I assume) be a much bigger deal. The relatively small downside of the grooves for those who don't use them seems like going to a lot of work to nix them may be more effort that it would be worth, but I am just speculating and know nothing about the process.

Dynavap is only a couple hour drive from here. I think I may have to check them out. I think I'll wait until spring, tho...

marduk

daydreamer
4) George said, "As for the version, the 7 fin on the right (see pics below) is the most current version with the most advanced features like the adjust-a-bowl and the better helical grooves. When we do a run it will be tips that look like these, but may have a few small updates to reflect what we have learned since we changed the design to 5 fin."

@Summer or @VapCap could you elaborate on what the "few small updates" are?

My main concern is that the mass and cooldown time will be more like the 5-fin, which for my usage style is a disadvantage.

If cooldown will be slower like the Gen 4, then count me in for 2 of the special run. Thanks.

JigMelon

@Summer or @VapCap could you elaborate on what the "few small updates" are?

My main concern is that the mass and cooldown time will be more like the 5-fin, which for my usage style is a disadvantage.

If cooldown will be slower like the Gen 4, then count me in for 2 of the special run. Thanks.

I'm waiting on an answer to this before committing. I'm very interested, but would only commit to 1 and not until the new features are revealed.

Top Bottom