Dynavap mod based heater

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Great to see you giving your own twist to those concepts :).
There have been couple of builds both for vaponic and dynavap similar to yours. There is one in the project thread and i think there was another in the cork corner thread,where photos are sadly no longer available.
Also @supershredderdan did it a while ago with Mutation X5 atty .
https://imgur.com/a/jagKo
ThuM47t.jpg

mistvaporizer

Manufacturer
4-E2-C8674-BC01-4966-A2-B0-A5-BA02-AE8-D62.jpg

Getting better at this. The location of the coil is critical. Too high or low doesn't work very well but in the middle it roasts nicely. I have not produced dense clouds but very effective and tasty clouds

mistvaporizer

Manufacturer
With all the talk of an incoming Dynavap official IH being underwhelming, the Beast is looking more and more like the superior portable Vapcap heating solution.
appreciate the sentiment.
At first i thought i was "competing" with IH but realized the Beast has some cool features all is own. So it's a very interesting option imo, but I'm biased.....

PPN

Volute of Vapor
The Vaponic mod is very interesting for me since I love this vape!

A few days ago I dismantled a vape by Atman (Almighty), the bowl was wrapped with an unknow coil (and was kept in place with a ton of glued tape!), I kept that coil, done a burn-off (and there was a ton of smoke from the glue) using a spare deck from a QQ (coil is between 0.29 and 0.33).

I shapped that coil like @mistvaporizer (not so straight) and got a very good session using my vaponic loaded with wax. At 33w initial heatup was around 20s (but I didn't timer that), coil was quickly (after 7-8s) red hot so I ended pulsing power on-off to avoid any overheating and only draw while power is off (to avoid any invisible fumes from the coil comes in the airpath). I don't think a red hot coil is a problem here especially if used like I did, I kept the Vaponic inserted during all the session (I have to do it carefully cause I didn't built any shield for now).

Coil is made of 2 unknows wires in parallel kept in place by a very basic electrical clip like you can find in every machine, not something made to be in a airpath for sure (wires are very difficult to bent, not like the SS I'm used to handle... if it can helps you to know which sort of wires it is). Basically a sort of one wire coil made of 2 wires solded/clipped together.

Thank you @mistvaporizer for the trick!

mistvaporizer

Manufacturer
353046-AC-7203-4881-AA26-B1-F6305-CD5-C1.jpg

Quartz dab tube with a silicone ring.
99-ADD938-38-FA-45-AB-BF03-5-E058-D994022.jpg

Tube in the Beast, glass straw for sipping the vapor
AD84879-A-68-E3-4-D8-C-95-CC-A92-CCDEB5-A7-D.jpg

Here's the straw attached to a 14/20 joint
This works as a micro dab rig. Half a rice grain size piece of shatter was great. CO2 oil works ok but haven't gotten dense clouds,
I sent two of these out today so we can get some feedback and see if this is worth working on.
84-A323-B0-4734-4563-BF3-F-DFC2345-F01-C2.jpg

A couple of dynavap wpa set ups. On the left a 14/10 and on the right a 14/20 joint. I only got a few of these made but could retail them for $15

mistvaporizer

Manufacturer
Announced a bundle deal.
Beast, beaded stem, dv ss tip and cap, fat mp, wpa, baber tube, glass straw and tubing for the whip.
In the store now $160
Just made the coupon permanent on the Beast, now listed at $130

Last edited:

mistvaporizer

Manufacturer
Got a new limited edition Econo Beast. Using imported ss coil decks like this
1592-EF7-F-B624-4692-89-E8-F09978-BFB80-A.jpg

765-C1-F31-BD01-40-A7-A6-D2-A4308-A19-CA0-C.jpg

Mounted the ss in a maple holder fitted the coil and ceramic spacer.
AD96-AF65-CDD1-4-AE6-8-B8-C-EFDCCB6435-A7.jpg

Fully functional Beast.
Still offering the original Beast which has custom made gold plated, copper/silver electrodes. There is no plastic in the heating chamber.
The downside of the imported deck is having the plastic insulator on the deck.
The Econo Beast is in the store at $85
Here it is in action
https://www.instagram.com/p/B2mP8lrnbJB/?igshid=icdrc83g1pdc
There are only 8 available

oddjobold

Vape swap shop
My first impressions comparing to a portside mini.

Portside mini works better. Heats up quicker more consistant. However its not pocket sized.

The beast is better in every other way. More portable, truley pocket sized (with the right mod). Replacable batteries, more adjustable.

If you want something truley portable, get a beast. If you want a desktop or home portable get a IH.

Overall i am happy - as i did want a portable.

Does have a very small learning curve.

mistvaporizer

Manufacturer
My first impressions comparing to a portside mini.

Portside mini works better. Heats up quicker more consistant. However its not pocket sized.

The beast is better in every other way. More portable, truley pocket sized (with the right mod). Replacable batteries, more adjustable.

If you want something truley portable, get a beast. If you want a desktop or home portable get a IH.

Overall i am happy - as i did want a portable.

Does have a very small learning curve.
Does IH allow for varying the power? I use mine at 40 watts and get consistent abv, 35 watts gives a lighter abv and 45 chars.
I really like that feature

mistvaporizer,
Reactions: Madri-Gal

oddjobold

Vape swap shop
20190921-190648.jpg

Stardust salor stem
The beast on sinous P80 (about half the size of a portside mini)
Siren brewery - santo. Dry hopped larger (my favorite pint)

Enjoying the last warmth of summer.

Dont get me wrong i am enjoying my beast. Its a truly portable vapcap heater. Not really comfortable using my vapcap out and about with a lighter, looks too dodgy.

Only tried on 45w so far i will lower the watts to 40 and see what happens.

45w the bowl did seem to finish very quickly.

Edit:

Currently running sur myevic on the p80. Thinking artic fox with the double click cruise mode could be better. I will install when i get a chance.

Last edited:

Easywider

Simple is the way
20190921-190648.jpg

Stardust salor stem
The beast on sinous P80 (about half the size of a portside mini)
Siren brewery - santo. Dry hopped larger (my favorite pint)

Enjoying the last warmth of summer.

Dont get me wrong i am enjoying my beast. Its a truly portable vapcap heater. Not really comfortable using my vapcap out and about with a lighter, looks too dodgy.

Only tried on 45w so far i will lower the watts to 40 and see what happens.

45w the bowl did seem to finish very quickly.

Edit:

Currently running sur myevic on the p80. Thinking artic fox with the double click cruise mode could be better. I will install when i get a chance.

Thanks for sharing your first impressions! Was really looking to hear from someone in the community who has experience with a popular IH.

Have a Beast on the way and will be running on the same mod, same color and it's already loaded with AF.
Should be a great travel companion. I can fly with a VapCap but not a torch lighter.

mistvaporizer

Manufacturer
I run af and have my auto cruise set for 12 sec. Two cycles for the first hit then single cycles are great for re heats. This is at 40 watts

@oddjobold I was really just curious if IH can vary the power or if it is on/off.
Also it will be great to have someone that has used IH to evaluate the Beast.

Last edited:

oddjobold

Vape swap shop
I run af and have my auto cruise set for 12 sec. Two cycles for the first hit then single cycles are great for re heats. This is at 40 watts

@oddjobold I was really just curious if IH can vary the power or if it is on/off.
Also it will be great to have someone that has used IH to evaluate the Beast.

Generally its on off with most models. The click is nearer 10 seconds on a PSM without the same level of charring. I sold my portside mini as it was too big, and not portable enough.

I tried out 35w and 40w. 35w takes too long to click for me. 40w gave less charing and nicer hits than 45w. I think 40w will be my go to from now on.

Top Bottom