• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Dutch Government to Ban Tourists From Cannabis Shops

FLskwat

VAPOLITICS!
They had some BHO listed on the menu but not in stock. :mad:
They had 5 different khiefs (between 20 and 40 bux) and a beautiful range of Ice-o-lators (from 30 to 50 bux). They also had what they called "Resin Haze" which was really impressive (14 bux).

FLskwat,

djonkoman

hmm, kind of expensive.. altough ice always is, making it yourself from trim is much cheaper :p
weird btw that they have hashoil, I thought hashoil was illegal here...

djonkoman,

FLskwat

VAPOLITICS!
djonkoman said:
hmm, kind of expensive.. altough ice always is, making it yourself from trim is much cheaper :p
weird btw that they have hashoil, I thought hashoil was illegal here...

Hihi, illegal like tobacco in coffeeshops or foreigners? LoL...
That'se the price of ice, and yes of course I'm aware about DIY ice pricing but I didn't have tangerine dream or Strawberry Haze to do it at home! ;)

FLskwat,
Reactions: SacToker

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Illegal aye? That would explain why I have so much trouble finding this stuff.

I haven't grown in a few years, but if someone wants to sell me their trim I'd love to make some myself :p

The Resin sounds interesting anyways, gonna have to take a look myself next time I'm in our capital.

btw, the Silver Match butane was a good tip Djonko, thanks! It's not even half the price of what I use to use.

OhTheAgony,

djonkoman

glad you like the butane, I stumbled upon it by accident, first used other butane that had a metal refill-part, but thyat didn't work as well with my lighters, but I happened to have a can belonging to a friend at my house and used that for once and worked well so I asked where he got it, and that was this butane

I'm not rea;;y sure of it's illegal, haven't read any official statement about it, but I think I've read some people saying that on another (dutch) forum

I made some ice with a few friends a while ago from a bag of trim I still had laying around from last year's harvest, worked out pretty well but wasn't that much, but always nice for a first time(and we split it between 4 people or so)
also saw an interesting method they used once on spuiten&slikken, they filled an ice-o-lator bag with weed/trim and dry ice and then shaked, so kind of a mix of ice and sief hash

djonkoman,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Well, considering that new 15% law it probably should be illegal. I wonder btw, does that new law mean hash is now considered a hard drug as well over here? Stupid politics..

I asked if they had some oil or knew where to get it at Miami, De Ossekop & De Vriendschap, and they all looked like they didn't even know what I was talking about. I also asked if I could buy some trimmings to make some myself then, but they didn't have access to that either. I'll check a growshop when I get around to it, perhaps they know a good source.

I used to make hash from trimmings with a pollinator (basically a small centrifuge with a large screen around it) & a press, but that's the only way I've tried so far unless you count reclaiming wand hash with alcohol. To be honest it was the only way I knew before I came to this website.

Did you buy a set of those ice-o-lator bags or did you make something yourself?

Do you know where to get dry-ice here in Holland btw?

OhTheAgony,

djonkoman

those ice-o-lator bags are pretty expensive and I only made a small amount, we first tried just letting it sink theb sucking the water from above, but that did nt work well enough, but one of the friends I did it with also read a tutorial online where they used coffeefilters so we ran everything trough coffeefilters, wich took pretty long btw, then scraped all othe coffeefilters once dried

I don't exactly know where to get dry ice(never bought or used it myself), I do know they use it often for smoke-machines.
and with poison arrow frogs of you have a plague of certain insects/invertibrates in your tank fumigating with dry ice os a common solution(take out the frogs, seal cracks but leave a bit open to releave pressure, place dry ice in waterpart and let it sit for a few days, everything will be dead from lack of oxygen)
from those forums I know you can only buy it in larger amounts(I remembered something as 20 kg or so)

also my first and so far only time making hash, ice seemed easier and more lowbudget to me than sief

djonkoman,
Cannabis is on list II(lighter risk) and BHO or any other 'refined/processed' form is on list I,which should/supposedly lists drugs with an unacceptable risk to public health.
Why that is...another example of a sad lack of knowledge on the part of our lawmakers.
So getting it at over the counter in any coffeeshop is out i'm afraid.
I'm just glad i have the capability and nerve of making it myself. ;)

Havelock Vetenari,

djonkoman

but hash is processed too, so what's the case with that?
and spacecake culd also be considered processed, still shops can sell spacecake without trouble

djonkoman,

FLskwat

VAPOLITICS!
Plus, I'm sorry to insist but your laws, bans and what is forbidden is just kinda of a joke and we will never know the end of the story ever, LoL... :D
For example, if we take hashes: The law says for 15 years now: coffees can ONLY sell THC products that have grown, been cultivated on NL soil, correct? And for the same amount of time we have been seeing Moroccan, Afghani, Cashemire and Lebanon imported products on the hashes menus of all the coffeeshops... :uhoh: I just love this country!

FLskwat,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
I here you G., I stopped taking out politicians serious the moment they let Pim Fortuyn in to the chambers...

There was a news report about the discussion about banning foreigners again today. Apparently they are working on a plan to ban tourists from coffeeshops starting January first 2012 in the provinces Brabant, Zeeland and Limburg (this leaves Amsterdam out of the picture atm) but it doesn't go smooth at all. The latest objections are that it will cost the state an annual income of 200.000.000 euro's per year.

Whit this kind of reasoning our guests will have nothing to worry about at all imo, or in other words, you're all still very very welcome :lol:

And I see there is another dutchman here, hi Havelock! I noticed the below sea-level and Verdamper in your sign the other day, it all makes sense now ;)

Djonko, shhhh.....we don't want to wake up any sleeping dogs mate.... ;)

OhTheAgony,
Here you can find the full text : opiumwet(opiumlaw on wiki).
djonkoman said:
but hash is processed too, so what's the case with that?
and spacecake culd also be considered processed, still shops can sell spacecake without trouble
Processed was the wrong word,the list states hennepolie(hempoil) and tetrahydrocannabinol on list 1 with the following addendum below for tetrahydrocannabinol :
de isomeren en stereoisomeren van tetrahydrocannabinol(the isomers or stereoisomers of THC).
Regular hennep(hemp/plants of the Cannabis-genus) and hasjiesj(hashish/excreted resin of hemp/plants of the Cannabis-genus) are on list 2(no mention of origin anywhere btw).
I have worked in the coffeeshopbusiness for most of my 'working career' and most shops also didn't sell spacecake for fear of losing their license.

And yes mea culpa to being a Dutchie. ;)
And my evening doggywalk really takes place about 5/6 meters below sealevel. :)
If they hadn't built a monument on top of it to it being the lowest place in the Netherlands,it would even still be the lowest place in the Netherlands(OhTheIrony). :lol:

Havelock Vetenari,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
I have some bad news guys, I'll try to sum up the latest news report as short as I can:

There will be a pass system for dutch coffeeshops. The latest goal is to transform coffeeshops in to private clubs with a maximum of 2000 members per club/shop, you have to be a dutch citizen if you want to apply for a membership. The 3 southern provinces Zeeland, Noord-Brabant en Limburg will start operating under this system from May 2012, the rest of the country should follow in 2013.

The full news report is here in case you understand dutch or want to give it a try with a google translation.

nu.nl

OhTheAgony,

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Damn ! I was planning on finishing my last year of my second major there, well i guess i might reconsider i try Czech repulik :).

Abysmal Vapor,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Meh, just go where you think you'll like it best, street dealers will be popping up everywhere in no time I suspect. & otherwise I'll keep you supplied as long as you stay in the west or north of the country ;)

OhTheAgony,

wilf789

Non-combustion-convert
Do you know what the people/local gov officials in Amsterdam itself are saying about all this mate?

Even as this news has been building for a while over the last year or so I always thought that Amsterdam would not be in favour of it because of the effect it would have on their tourist income - which must be substantial.

So have they got sick of the 'drug tourists' too or are they just being overruled by others elsewhere in the country?

Either way it's sad news and I think you're right about the street dealers popping up as well - which is surely worse!

wilf789,

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Do you have street dealers too that keep their stashes in their pants ? ... That the worst after the toxic screen it has :).

Abysmal Vapor,

VaporEyeSore

OhTheAgony said:
Meh, just go where you think you'll like it best, street dealers will be popping up everywhere in no time I suspect. & otherwise I'll keep you supplied as long as you stay in the west or north of the country ;)
your a good man and help may be needed in the future it seems ;)
This is terrible news though as living in the UK i love my trips to Den Haag and Asterdam its a real sanity restorer :) and I hope it does not come to this in the whole of Holland.
Hopefully the Dutch public will resist thixs as much as possible.

VaporEyeSore,

djonkoman

latest I heard is that a campaign against the card has spawned up, with support of some local divisions of the PvdA(largest leftwingparty, center;eft, currently in opposition), and the current leader of the PvdA(Job Cohen, a former mayor of amsterdam) also supports this campaign. some coffeeshopowners from the south found out that apparently the weedcard isn't legal, the coffeeshops have to keep a list of it's members, including BSN ('citizen service number', the number that's on our ID-card and used for anything governmenrelated), wich apparently is against privacy-laws

djonkoman,

headdoctor

Hi everyone, I'm sorry to ask this general question but I'm having a hard time keeping up with the proposed changes and the enacted laws. There's a lot of old information on the net, and I'm not sure what's up to date. I've been to Amsterdam a number of times and it's a wonderful place. Yes, I've seen too many young tourists from England, Germany, etc, behaving irresponsibly; but I've seen many more people enjoying the coffeehouses quietly and maturely. Anyway, i've been thinking of going back in 2012. I know about the new laws proposed in the last year (the restrictions on foreigners, the card system, etc), which I originally heard would be in place by now--but it appears not. I don't want to waste everyone's time, but can someone summarize the current state of affairs (specifically for a US tourist) and what I can probably expect in 2012?

headdoctor,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
It's basically like I state in post 64.

They only thing that changed since then is that they won't make actual weed-passes to save money. Instead they just want us to use our regular ID to identify ourselves and they shifted the responsibility to keep a list of clientle to the coffeeshop owner.

OhTheAgony,

headdoctor

Thank you. So, just to be clear, I think that Amsterdam is not in those southern provinces--and thus the current plan is that the new restrictive laws will take effect in Amsterdam sometime in 2013--right? And until then, the coffeeshops continue to serve tourists? I should say that I haven't been there in a four years or so. The scene I found four years ago was wonderful and seemed to work.
I gather there is resistance to these new laws. Is there a serious chance that they will be repealed before they go into effect?
Thanks again.

headdoctor,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
There was some positive news on this matter today.

Apparently most local governments aren't behind the new coffeeshop rules/laws I explained in post 64 and 72, and therefor it was decided to let each local government decide for themselves how they're going to enforce the new rules/laws.

The general conception is that this means that there will be basically no change at all from how things are run now, I'll keep you guys posted if anything else comes up :party:

OhTheAgony,

J.R.R.Tokin'

Wych Doctor
Manufacturer
Nice. So my rushed trip to dam in January was unnecessary! Oh well, good excuse for another soon enough to celebrate the good news :lol:

J.R.R.Tokin',
Top Bottom