Dumb battery polarity question concerning Ecapple's iv-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

mvjap3

I'm both new to FC and the new owner of an Ecapple iv-1 and I've a possibly dumb sounding question. If the device had shipped with the battery pre-installed I wouldn't need to ask because I could have seen which way the battery was supposed to be inserted into the iv-1. But it wasn't and I can't find any polarity indicators on either the iv-1's battery compartment nor the samsung inr18650-25r battery that came with it. (Thogh I'd guess that the end with the rescessed bump would be the (+) positive end and the smoother flat surfaced end is (-) negitive. But even if I'm right about that the ecapple itself doesn't seem to indicate which way to insert the battery.

I just want to make sure I'm not putting it in backwards before I begin the initial "3 hr charge"
I found several youtube demos on using the iv-1 but not one that shows which way the battery needs to be inserted.

Can somebody help me with this before I resort to guessing {and with my luck fry the iv-1 before I even get to try it} ???

mvjap3,

ReggieB

It's pretty simple, if you look at the ends of a samsung battery (or any 18650 for that matter), there will be one end that looks like 1 flat piece of metal, the other end will look raised and smaller. The 1 flat piece end is Negative (or -), the raised end is Positive (or +).

Now as for the Ecapple iv-1, take the battery cover off and insert the samsung positive end first, then tighten up the battery compartment, at this point you can either plug in a usb cable to start it up or give the battery compartment a quick 1/2 turn untighten and retighten and it will start up for you.

mvjap3

It's pretty simple, if you look at the ends of a samsung battery (or any 18650 for that matter), there will be one end that looks like 1 flat piece of metal, the other end will look raised and smaller. The 1 flat piece end is Negative (or -), the raised end is Positive (or +).

That part matches my best guess...

Now as for the Ecapple iv-1, take the battery cover off and insert the samsung positive end first, then tighten up the battery compartment, at this point you can either plug in a usb cable to start it up or give the battery compartment a quick 1/2 turn untighten and retighten and it will start up for you.

And that part answersmy question nicely. Thanks!

mvjap3,
Reactions: ReggieB
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom