Duff's Choice

Which vape should I part ways with?

• Total voters

duff

Well worn
Time to thin out!

I've got a Tubo and a used Milaana on their way so I need to thin the herd.

I'll be keeping my Vapcaps but the GH, SBJ and Crafty are all in play.

Each of them hold a place in my rotation, some more than others.

biohacker

Cheap bastard! ;) I was gonna say GH, but I want you to continue the drama...it's too much fun! lol

And @muunch now you really perked my ears up by saying the Tubo pales in comparison to the Crafty, which I consider the best ultra portable at the moment, I even think it's stealthier than the GH IMO. I can palm that baby no problem, and don't have to awkwardly click it off.

Got me some Tubo reading and research to do, although i'm not a fan of vapes that need stirring.

How bout them Pens?

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
FW4 is best ultra portable imo. Tiny as anything.

Don't mess w conduction so never tried a crafty, I was just contributing to drama as you said. I do fail to see on paper how a crafty is better than a tubo but if you're looking for a vape you can use in a movie theater or something idk. No stirring necessary w tubo but I'm sure you'll read some.

Carts + Pico will be my go to for Uber stealth now. Any other situation I'll just bring my tubo and make do. I'm baked and derailing but whatever this is a stoner forum right

Prolusio

I voted for the Grasshopper! Not to throw any shade, I understand the love for this vape.. But judging from the number of people saying they needed repairs; you could end up just mailing it back to Grasshopper Labs instead of selling it :p.

I decided you should keep the SBJ and Crafty because they seem to fill nice usability niches and offer different vaping experiences that contrast and compliment each other well.

SBJ frees you from the batteries, great for camping or places you'll be travelling without power. It's has a very unique flavour profile and on demand vaping experience; so I think it's a great vape to have in a collection and it's not really one that will ever fail you other than broken glass. I've used one but don't own one, definitely going to snag one eventually though.

Crafty gives you the stealth factor, is a reliable battery vape and by all accounts has stellar performance (especially considering the size). Gives you a powerful session vape that you can easily take with you.

Puffers

Micro-Climate Mastermind
In all seriousness.....I voted Grasshopper just because of reliability issues.

I personally would keep them all but then again I am a hoarder when it comes to toys.

I really have been considering a SB next if u wanna sell it shoot me a PM :whip:

mephisto

I voted to lose the Crafty, its gonna poop the bed on you sooner or later. Frankly you have a Grasshopper to turn to for disappointment.......The SBJ is perfect for the Aporkalypse. Good luck with your new additions. I would be willing to bet that one of them will be riding the bench before too long.

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
I voted Crafty. I chose this because it is just a primarily conduction based "oven" session vaporizer. They are a dime a dozen and although the Crafty is one of the best it is still stuck in the past in my opinion.

I'm sure you have enough VapCaps and other vapes to pass around in a large group setting, which is where these oven type vapes shine best.

I almost voted none, because I like to hold onto my vapes as long as possible. I got rid of my Boundless CFX recently though, another oven vape. Again, I think the Crafty is a great vape but it doesn't offer as much as the Sticky Brick Junior or, to a lesser degree, the Grasshopper.

Also, perhaps ironically, it is the most expensive of the three so it should theoretically have the best resale value.

Last edited:

biohacker

I voted Crafty. I chose this because it is just a primarily conduction based "oven" session vaporizer. They are a dime a dozen and although the Crafty is one of the best it is still stuck in the past in my opinion.

I think it's primarily a convection vaporizer with some conduction (due to the ring), but swings much in favour of convection.

From S&B FWIW:

A patented combination of full hot air convection heating and additional conduction, which ensures an efficient vaporization from the very first draw.

duff

Well worn
Out with all of them, the fact none of these made your "must keep" list says it all
These are my tougher decisions. My top of the line vapes.

I decided you should keep the SBJ and Crafty because they seem to fill nice usability niches and offer different vaping experiences that contrast and compliment each other well.
I do adore the different experiences they offer.

I really have been considering a SB next if u wanna sell it shoot me a PM :whip:
Will do!

I would be willing to bet that one of them will be riding the bench before too long
I'm not a betting man, but between the Tubo and the Milaana which do you think won't make the cut?
I will say that I am already drawn to one much more!

Also, perhaps ironically, it is the most expensive of the three so it should theoretically have the best resale value.
Good logic. It is indeed the most expensive of the lot.

Morty

@duff I would keep the SBL JR 100%. The Crafty/Grasshopper will crap out on you at some point (some sooner than later :)). SBL JR, all you need to worry about is that torch, & spares are cheap enough.

Not sure if you were ever able to get the SV3, but if not, the SBL JR looks like a damn fine consolation prize.

vaporist4LIFE

I think it's primarily a convection vaporizer with some conduction (due to the ring), but swings much in favour of convection.

From S&B FWIW:

A patented combination of full hot air convection heating and additional conduction, which ensures an efficient vaporization from the very first draw.
Yeah I've heard several people describe it as solely conduction.no way that's true . I have the mighty but same setup .love that thick vapor in the beginning

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
Yes, I should have been more specific. I knew the Crafty and Mighty have convection in the mix, but they still have a lot of conduction. And that's not bad in itself, the VapCap has a lot of conduction too and I love its vape signature. Its just that I have become tired of the oven vapes with slow heat up times that cook your material if you aren't hitting it.

little maggie

Personally I think you should just flip some coins or draw pieces of paper to eliminate and make the decision yourself.

little maggie,
Reactions: duff
Top Bottom