Dual purpose vaporizer? (nicotine/green)

rawbacon

Hi, I've just started vaping with Wicked's ScrewDriver (an e-cig with a 900mA battery). Lovely device, but the charger just blew. Had some other e-cigs before, but there's all kinds of problems with these things.
So I'm thinking about getting a real vaporizer, for both nicotine & green. Anyone tried this?
What I need is a digital, variable temp vaporizer, that can vape oils. Pricepoint: Less than $150.
I've been looking at the Vapir Digital Air One, since it seems to be the only one fulfilling my needs. Reading on this forum though, makes me suspect that Vapir is crap.
I know I could get a regular vaporizer & use tobacco, but I would prefer if I could use nico-juice, as it's cheaper/easier (and won't lure me into smoking the devils weed). Also, it would mean I could use the screwdriver for when I'm out & about, maybe even make green extract for a stealth combo.
I've never used a regular vaporizer before & never use my bong, prefer spliffs.. there's something about the mix with tobacco that just gives me an extra kick.
Anyway, thanks for any advice given
Raw

rawbacon,
two entirely different processes.

E-cigs use an atomizer that turns the juice into vapor which is inhaled.
Vaporizers heat the actual plant material to a different temperature to release the compounds.

You could use a vaporizer to vape tobacco (after all that is how they advertise many of them!) but I sure as hell wouldn't use the same one for herb. It would absolutely ruin the taste and experience of vaping the herb IMHO.

There is a thread or two about creating an MJ-based liquid that can be used in an e-cig device, but only a handful of people have reported any favorable results. Again, mixing the two in the same device just seems nasty to me.

YMMV.

Howie Feltersnatch,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
Yes the Iolite can be used to vape ejuice and folks are using shisha (hookah tobacco) in them as well. There is some info on it at vapersforum.com if you're interested.

Word of caution.... eliquid hits like a freight train in the Iolite....DILUTE your juice WAY, WAY down with VG before use.

Frog is the Iolite guru and has some vids, etc. on it's use with nicotine:
http://www.xsmoker.info/?q=node/21

Honestly for what it's worth I have the Iolites and don't use them with eliquid... More of a novelty or if someone was really craving nicotine, needed to be bowled over, etc. I tried some teasha (non nicotine shisha) that was interesting but...

It isn't the same as an e-cig and it wouldn't have stopped me from smoking. There are a gazillion e-cigs out there, the bigger battery mods might serve you better as the original screwdriver was what I started with. I'm over 9 months cig free and couldn't have done it without the e-cigs :D

Yes, Vapir SUCKS!!

Good luck!!!

Lo,

rawbacon

Thank you kindly for the replies.
Checked out the Iolite, looks good. Not too crazy about the cotton in the vape chamber, but I think Fluval (the fish tank filter stuff used in e-cig carts) might do the trick. This would mean it would work in an electrical model too, which is what I would prefer. Well, I guess I'm just gonna have to buy one & try it out.

Thanks again

rawbacon,

wowthisisrandom

Glass/Vape Enthusiast
Yea an iolite would be just one thing to consider.. Another option to consider though is wand style vaporizers. If you want you can buy two wands, one for vaping tobacco and one for other herbs. This keeps the taste good and allows you to vape both but sorry no e-cig juice. People have said that like two hits of pipe tobacco from a vaporizer gets them buzzed like a whole cigarrette. Most wand style vapes also can diffuse essential oils as well too. If your wondering what wand style vape I reccomend check out my signature.

wowthisisrandom,

frogbmth

I agree that the IO is not at it's best with e-liquid unless you use a base like herbal shisha. E-liquid is manufactured to work in an e-cig, and getting it to vaporize well in a true vaporizer is a challenge. In general I find e-liquid not satisfying enough anyway as there is no sense of having had enough, whether in an ecig or a vaporizer. I also find the flavours rather synthetic, I much prefer using tobacco or shisha molasses.

I use the IO almost exclusively, but now and then when I am on a long drive I get my nicotine fix from an ecig with cartomizer.

You might want to check these vids on the vapir oxygen

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0SvV_BH964
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aS02kUBvpR4

frogbmth,
Hhmm... I have often wondered if I could use my e-cig juice in my vaporizers, but I've never tried. I have thought about using cotton and dripping the juice on to it, but I have no idea what temp I would use, plus none of my vapes have a digital readout. For now, my e-cigs work just fine. I too have been analog free for over 3 months now, and couldn't have done it with out them. Mmmm... Redbull flavor. My favorite.
Frog, maybe you haven't tried a strong enough juice. I use a 36 mg nicotine level. It was rough the first week or so, but after that, a few puffs on it will last me up to 3 hours, which is way less than what a regular cigarette would. Shoot, I've even stopped vaping on it as soon as I get up, or after a meal. Just when I really need it now. Rawbacon, good luck.

SkeletonLips,

frogbmth

Trust me I tried lots of juices and strengths up to 54mg.. I started using ecigs in 2008 and used them exclusively until April 2009 when I discovered the Iolite. For most people they are awesome, but for me the experience I get with the IO, even just using some passion flower, is better in my case than the ecig. But I give the ecig its dues, it got me off cigarettes when I wasnt even trying. I got it to play with after a guy in a bar showed me one.

frogbmth,

rawbacon

Yes, wands with a variable temp vapo seems to be the smartest. Just for backup & fun times. Plus I'd be able to experiment with other herbs/oils.
Been researching a DIY solution, but a variable temp sodder-iron is almost as expensive as good vapo :)

rawbacon,
Top Bottom