Dual 18650 Power House

grokit

well-worn member
i-can-feel-the-force-it-is-strong-inside-this-one-mmmmm.jpg

:spliff:

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
We do not know at this point. We will have to see how things progress. If you are happy with a guess I would guess January at this point, but that is just a guess. (Did I mention that that was a guess?) I'm pretty confident the single battery unit will come first.

grokit

well-worn member
Right, they changed the delivery date for the tod, but not for the ion(?) at least not yet.

grokit,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
Update from the guy with the TOD? Thing is still killing it. Really looking forward to getting a true unit with a trigger.

The speed to vapor from a cold start does slow after the first three or so loads on a new battery but is still much faster than my FF on a full charge. Much faster with much bigger and thicker clouds. And if i didn't mention before you really dont need much material. If you sprinkle in just enough to cover the screen you can still get multiple satisfying hits. Cheers all.

HD Springer

If I had the ability to make a vaporizer exactly to my liking that was perfect for myself this TOD would be it. It's got everything I want,need,desire in a portable. Which is power power power power. With me being in control of exactly how much heat I need. It's as if I manufactured this vaporizer for myself. You are never left wishing for more power or air flow. There is zero amount of pre heat time. Zero zilch notta.
I'm not sure why I keep posting in this thread every time I do I've been experiencing separation issues. I know I'm being unreasonable but I can't help it.

grokit

well-worn member
If I had the ability to make a vaporizer exactly to my liking that was perfect for myself this TOD would be it. It's got everything I want,need,desire in a portable. Which is power power power power. With me being in control of exactly how much heat I need. It's as if I manufactured this vaporizer for myself. You are never left wishing for more power or air flow. There is zero amount of pre heat time. Zero zilch notta.
I'm not sure why I keep posting in this thread every time I do I've been experiencing separation issues. I know I'm being unreasonable but I can't help it.
Funny but I've just come to the same conclusion :whoa:
Even if I only get one of these (for now lol), I've decided that this is the one worth waiting for, for me. As I just bugged rbt yet again, "It's got all the power and is nice and simple and compact, perfect for local out and about. I'm guessing that you just pulse the trigger for lower temp flavors." Plus dat battery life!
:razz:

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
Zeperation anxiety lets hope HD's Zion arrives soon so he can console himself with her until the beastie appears on the scene.
For now the DPH @IAmKrazy2 and @HD Springer have used has proved its ability to perform. It will be good to see a new rendition with a proper trigger allowing for more controlled usage of the massive power output hopefully with the possibility to feather that power in for flavor.
Faster, bigger, thicker clouds with excellent battery life. Who wouldn't be intrigued.

Last edited:

Copacetic

Somewhere North of The Wall
Hi guys, I've been following the Zion, this and the single battery with great interest, but it's become slightly confusing to me (I confess that I am easily confused).
Perhaps someone could clarify some things for me?

If I were to pre-order the dual-batt now, would the unit I receive have a trigger, or just the 'swing hatch' currently pictured on the shop page?

Re' the single batt' unit, the header states that the glass is 18mm, but the text mentions 14mm.
Which is it?
And would this thing milk a bong? or at least 'fog' one :lol:

Is the dual 18350 model dead and buried?
I ask as my perfect vape would be a regulated version of the dual 18350 for use with a water tool (and very occasional use with just a stem).
I wouldn't be bothered if it was 18 or 14mm, as long as it worked well!

It surprises me that 14mm isn't felt to be wide enough as my INH05 does pretty well with a 10mm glass stem (but I want MOAR)

BTW, well done to everyone involved with these vapes, they look great, and this thread has been a real pleasure to follow :love:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Hi guys, I've been following the Zion, this and the single battery with great interest, but it's become slightly confusing to me (I confess that I am easily confused).
Perhaps someone could clarify some things for me?

If I were to pre-order the dual-batt now, would the unit I receive have a trigger, or just the 'swing hatch' currently pictured on the shop page?

Re' the single batt' unit, the header states that the glass is 18mm, but the text mentions 14mm.
Which is it?
And would this thing milk a bong? or at least 'fog' one :lol:

Is the dual 18350 model dead and buried?
I ask as my perfect vape would be a regulated version of the dual 18350 for use with a water tool (and very occasional use with just a stem).
I wouldn't be bothered if it was 18 or 14mm, as long as it worked well!

It surprises me that 14mm isn't felt to be wide enough as my INH05 does pretty well with a 10mm glass stem (but I want MOAR)

BTW, well done to everyone involved with these vapes, they look great, and this thread has been a real pleasure to follow :love:

The dual will have a trigger, no dual 18350 but some day maybe years from now...

Single is 18mm, wide airflow bc this is pure convection with 50 watts of power, INH is mostly conduction with like 25 watts? Doesn't have the wide open airy draw of this.

And yes it can milk and fog a bong or bubbler like nobody's business, in seconds too, true for the whole line really, even long dry stems

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Has the single 18650 version officially been raised to 50 watts?
The description has always just said >25 watts.

Ah was thinking of Zion true. But the single has been supercharged since the last official updates so unsure of its current status exactly, but I'd expect it to be higher than it says there

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
@Shit Snacks the INH05 is only 12w. The 05s was 25w. I was quite happy with the single being >25w but more is fine.:D
@Copacetic as Shit snacks rightly says the INH may be 10mm glass but the thin film oven basically bakes the contents where as the Zion tech. needs the hot air generated to flow smoothly thru it's. My 05 works better with a fairly fine grind with a slightly tight packing. This would probably halt the hot air from a convection heater in such a tight space.
Your perfect vape sounds like a triangular Zion something which crossed my mind a few times.

Copacetic

Somewhere North of The Wall
The dual will have a trigger, no dual 18350 but some day maybe years from now...

Single is 18mm, wide airflow bc this is pure convection with 50 watts of power, INH is mostly conduction with like 25 watts? Doesn't have the wide open airy draw of this.

And yes it can milk and fog a bong or bubbler like nobody's business, in seconds too, true for the whole line really, even long dry stems

Thanks for the info SS.
I think my INH is only about 12 watts, as it's the first iteration of the 05 (don't quote me on that though), but even this can mist (or even fog) my D020

If the dual is going to have a proper trigger I think I'm going to have to pull the VAS trigger.

UNLESS...

I go for the single ( really don't need the huge battery life of the Zion or DB)

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
Dang my Lions are killing me today. Oh well.

I have been on a Cloud Evo kick for the better part of a week. When I have been home the Evo has been on, warm, and ready. I have used little else.

I noticed some pictures i believe DieHard posted using a concentrate pads. I trimmed a firefly pad very carefully and stuck it through the back part of the TOD stem than used the screen behind it to secure it in place. Ripped some pure convection dabs today and was pretty damn impressed. Much less harsh than the Herbie despite the shorter vapor path in my first test. Also, very different experience than the VapeXHale/VX Nail which has previously been my two vaporizer dab rigs of choice. The Zion tech is certainly competitive here. Further testing needed.

Last edited:

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
@killick decided to set my mind running on the ability to fill bags with the Zion. So bimbling around in my head has been the idea of an adapter/stand you placed the Zion/TOD on with a switch, fan and batteries inside for portability. Wooden construction goes with out saying

sSV2Aqim.jpg
BIy09LVm.jpg

If the TOD has an intake hole the same size as the Zion it would need to be enlarged.
Once you'd done some heavy test sessions. Remember we want real life vape facts not the Anime style stuff we are commonly seeing. How fast do you think you could fill a bag off the DPH.
The Volcano can fill one in 30-60 seconds. Pretty quick for 8 liters. Now add the 3-5 minute heat up time and it no longer seems fast.
I have no idea of the flow rates of the little fans but if the centrifugal ones could run hard enough then they could be vaporpunked to look a little more attractive.
I understand there is a big difference in load size between this and a Volcano but it would still be good to see just how fast the DPH could fill an appropriate sized bag. Liters per second.
@HD Springer Imagine looking at a TOD with a steam punk, miniaturized one of these strapped to it.
7gqWBst.jpg
Watching those butterflies open as you rip a bag before the Volcano has even lit all it's LED's.

Last edited:
Top Bottom