Drying Tip

nicelytoasted

Vaked Chemist
Hey Fear420

Glad to hear that you are enjoying your new "toys" !

I've used orange and lemon peel to rehydrate some dry bud and was reasonably successful. I used a glass jar with the peel, poked a small hole in the top (to let it breathe) and put it in the refridgerator. If you have a larger amount, I would suggest taking a bit of it and testing first to see if you like it. You do not want to leave it for too long though, I'd suggest leaving it overnight and checking in the morning. It does impart some taste, but I rather liked the orange and lemon "extra" myself.

nicelytoasted,

Frickr

funny how this thread went from drying tips to rehydrating tips. :ko: i myself found a small chunk of bread works well. it doesnt add flavor like orange peels, and theres not to much moisture in it to cause mold to form. in a day or 2 the piece of bread will dry up into a cruton (spelling) like your making homemade stuffing. it doesnt add to much moisture but it does "liven" them back up so to speak.

Frickr,

wthanna

Use a Q-tip cotton swab. Moisten one end and put it in your jar with the moist end up, not touching your herb. No mold or taste from orange peals, lettuce, etc.. I've tried it all... once you try this you will not go back. Nothing works better, and they are sterile in the package when you get them ;) ..if it dries out, just remoisten til happy

wthanna,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
If you WANT to add flavor you can use apple but I prefer lettuce. You would be surprised how much natural flavor comes back to the herb with the moisture added :) I like au'natural!!

hehe Jeff! Love your ever-changing avatars. No city here, no all night grocers :(

Lo,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
Damn I hadn't heard of the q-tip trick... Now that I'm vaping I haven't needed to re-hydrate but... I will remember that one :)

Lo,

FEAR420

Well that's the problem,the herbs I get are usually dry as hell to begin with so I'd like to try the rehydrate to dehydrate thing and see if it makes any difference in taste and hit quality. It's mostly the regs that's dry like this though,the haze & hydros and other shit I can get it usually pretty moist...if not it's just about right. I'm gonna take .5 worth of my shit and try the q-tip thing and leave other .5 as normal and compare the 2 as far as taste,amount of hits,hit density and over all high.

FEAR420,
Top Bottom