• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Drying Tip

hopandstop

How do you all store your cannabis?

I use medicine bottles inside of a mason jar. This allows it to dry a tiny bit, as I open the jar for a little time every day so it can breathe.

I have noticed that after a day or two of this, the amount of hits I get from semi-dry material is better than non-dry, or dried material. Been doing this for about a month and works everytime. By the way, I use a PD and MFLB.

Some indica strains I encounter are really sticky and are much better semi-dried.

My semi-dried = just enough where the cannabis sounds 'crunchy' when handled.

Vague, sure, but maybe it can help.

hopandstop,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
I'm finding that there is wisdom to the concept of vaping material that's semi dry. Just leaving it out in the open for a day or two as your current vaping material sort of does the trick.
Very dry material gives you stronger, sharper hits, but they are often more harsh and flavorless, whereas less dry gives you softer, more flavorful but not as dynamic hits.
Either or i say.

jeffp,

FEAR420

hopandstop said:
How do you all store your cannabis?

I use medicine bottles inside of a mason jar. This allows it to dry a tiny bit, as I open the jar for a little time every day so it can breathe.

I have noticed that after a day or two of this, the amount of hits I get from semi-dry material is better than non-dry, or dried material. Been doing this for about a month and works everytime. By the way, I use a PD and MFLB.

Some indica strains I encounter are really sticky and are much better semi-dried.

My semi-dried = just enough where the cannabis sounds 'crunchy' when handled.

Vague, sure, but maybe it can help.
+1

I totally agree. Ive taken some bud and on the recommendations Ive seen here,let it dry it out for around 8hrs/overnight in my glass mason jars. The end result was,yes,I did get bigger thicker hits,but not as many.After that,I took a fresh bud,right outta the bag & ground it up & tossed it in. Got a few big thick hits at first,then after that,mostly thin vapors....but still vaping. Im trying to find that "magic moisture level" that seems to be right in between too dry that it just fizzles out quickly & too moist that it gives thin,whispy vapors,but lots of it as it dries the bud out.

Has anybody tried or used a humidor for storage?? I wonder if that could be potentially bad as it may promote mold growth.

FEAR420,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
don't know about a humidor but I know there are cheap humidifying discs you can buy at a smoke shop for about fifty cents.
most likely if you want to go that route your best bet would be to use distilled water to avoid mold.

jeffp,

FEAR420

jeffp said:
don't know about a humidor but I know there are cheap humidifying discs you can buy at a smoke shop for about fifty cents.
most likely if you want to go that route your best bet would be to use distilled water to avoid mold.
Yeah man,I don't exactly get "fresh buds" from my dude,so its usually pretty dry to begin with. :/ I was thinking of a humidor for the fact that I can regulate the moisture levels,but worried about mold at the same time.:( I NEVER thought of the discs...and I see them all the time.I might have to invest in a few & see how they work out for me.

I was thinking of taking a small bit of moistened paper towel & stuffing it in the top of my jar to try and rehydrate some of the buds I have...then drying them out to a PROPER moisture level for vaping.

FEAR420,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
what's up with da bronx and the dry shit? the bags wese get out in queens is a wholly different bag.

jeffp,

FEAR420

jeffp said:
what's up with da bronx and the dry shit? the bags wese get out in queens is a wholly different bag.
Oh shit,a fellow NY'er!!!

Has nothing to do with Da BX in general,just my dude in particular. I CAN get that sticky icky,but the prices are an arm & a leg and for someone living on close to nothing,you gotta do what you gotta do to get by :( Hopefully all of that changes come the 14th & Ill be able to cop O's of the raw like nothing ;)

FEAR420,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
well one of the amazing side benefits of a purple days is the efficiency factor; so much so that i don't even worry about count anymore - my perception of what i get is
totally magnified. i know a guy by the way, not a tight wad like most of them, but he's always two hours late.

jeffp,

FEAR420

jeffp said:
well one of the amazing side benefits of a purple days is the efficiency factor; so much so that i don't even worry about count anymore - my perception of what i get is
totally magnified. i know a guy by the way, not a tight wad like most of them, but he's always two hours late.
Now that I have my lineup pretty much solidified...I think once I finish paying this stuff off I'm gonna hop on the PD wagon.

LMAO,thats what you call "working on drug-dealer time":lol: Every 15mins they quote you is actually an hour...

FEAR420,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
yeah you'se not gonna find a used one of those purple thing-a-ma-jigs on the craigslist.

seriously, a worthy investment....

jeffp,

FEAR420

jeffp said:
yeah you'se not gonna find a used one of those on the craigslist.

seriously, a worthy investment....
Yeah I dont really bother with CL or Ebay much. And for something like the PD or even the MZ,I'd rather be sure my money is going to the CREATOR and not some random guy that bought one to make a profit.

FEAR420,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
yeah of course, but for the good mass produced vaporizers like silver surfer, vapor bros., etc. you can find bargains in the used market if you look around.

ps - had a girlfriend from da bronx once, from riverdale. off moshalu parkway or something like that....i was stupid for letting her go.

jeffp,

FEAR420

jeffp said:
yeah of course, but for the good mass produced vaporizers like silver surfer, vapor bros., etc. you can find bargains in the used market if you look around.

ps - had a girlfriend from da bronx once, from riverdale. off moshalu parkway or something like that....i was stupid for letting her go.
Yeah thats true I suppose. I was actually looking at lighters & box vapes on Ebay the other day. Im thinking of grabbing a box vape just to add to the collection & I want a decent quality,Colibri at least,dual flame (Torch & Regular Flame) lighter for my VG & VS...found plenty of vapes but couldnt find a dualie for shit. :/

:EDIT: - Just found these in a random ass google search...Regal Dual Flame Cigar / Pipe Lighters - $24.99

yhst-27221364783116_2063_19088350

FEAR420,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
if you can find a used vaporwarez 3g on ebay at a good price i think you'd be happy. i got one for about $50 - they're there but few and far between the cheap drek.

jeffp,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
sour diesel is the shit.
by the way, awesome transaction and thanks again.

jeffp,

FEAR420

Here,lemme help ya hit 700...:lol:

Yes sir,The Sour D is awesome. I can also get some really good haze and some bomb Kush.It really depends on whats floating around the 'hood at the time. Sometimes the Haze is really fresh & sometimes its ready to turn to dust at the slightest touch. Thats mainly why I was wondering about RE-hydrating the herbs & then re-drying to proper levels.

FEAR420,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
i would get an efficient vaporizer and from there just get the good stuff and don't worry about count - it won't matter anymore.....
hitting 700 now, thanks.

jeffp,

flanman

FEAR420 said:
jeffp said:
Oh shit,a fellow NY'er!!!

Has nothing to do with Da BX in general,just my dude in particular. I CAN get that sticky icky,but the prices are an arm & a leg and for someone living on close to nothing,you gotta do what you gotta do to get by :( Hopefully all of that changes come the 14th & Ill be able to cop O's of the raw like nothing ;)
yeah, i'm up in albany. we get fresh buds, but the stuff i get from my buddy is just generic headies, nothing too amazing. still too costly for me to buy often though...wish beasters would come back through :/

flanman,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
Sometimes the Haze is really fresh & sometimes its ready to turn to dust at the slightest touch. Thats mainly why I was wondering about RE-hydrating the herbs & then re-drying to proper levels.
Hey Fear!! For that TOO dry stuff what I've done for DECADES is use a little lettuce. I prefer organic romaine cuz that's what we use and grow. I think you could use any except the bitters since that might impart taste. The romaine adds NO taste but used properly adds just the right amount of moisture.

Friends use to think I was BS'ing them when we'd have the same stuff and my joints would taste better, burn nicer... It really works well. A little piece in a little baggie. For larger baggies I use several pieces. Leave for 4 hours or so, check. For extreme dry I've left in overnight.

For vaping I'm new so I have experimented. I do find that the dry does vape very well but I really am all about the taste too so I've found I prefer those tasty puffs from stuff that is not so dry. Really a personal preference thing!!

Wish some sour diesel was in my 'hood LOL!! Don't see much named stuff here :peace:

Lo,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
in our hood you have to get chummy with the cretins who hang out in front of the all night grocery store chewing on toothpicks if you want name stuff.

jeffp,

FEAR420

Trust me lo if you smelled the Sour D,you'd know exactly what it was...That shit STINKS,and will stink up your house just by having it there.

And thank you for the lettuce tip! Ive heard of it before,but never actually knew someone that did/does it. Do you know of anything else organic that can be added to add moisture & possibly some flavor? I've heard of apple & orange being used before,any credibility to that?

FEAR420,
Top Bottom