• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Drying methods?

doubledown

So, when finished using a glass piece, I want to rinse it out and put it away from prying eyes. My storage of choice is a pelican style weatherproof case. I am wondering if you have found a "best" way of quick drying your glass inside and out so I don't wind up with moisture inside my case?

doubledown,

doubledown

As I don't have the piece yet, I can't try it, but that was what I was thinking. Maybe even making a connector for the 18mm to dryer nozzle for a turbo effect.

ou812?

So, when finished using a glass piece, I want to rinse it out and put it away from prying eyes. My storage of choice is a pelican style weatherproof case. I am wondering if you have found a "best" way of quick drying your glass inside and out so I don't wind up with moisture inside my case?

after rinsing with distilled water to not leave residue from minerals in the water and shaking the shit out of it over my king size mattress in case it slips out of my hand,I stick the rig in a small toaster oven(mine can accommodate a nice roast so theres room for most bubs or tubes that are under 14 inches,) I use a heat range of 200-300 on convection bake and it comes out spot free in 20 mins and no having to hold it or fuck with it (which I feel the less the better because Im a klutz with arthritic hands) and then I just let it cool off ******PLEASE DO NOT MOVE OR TRANSPORT UNTIL COOL for obvious reasons.. BUTALSO BECAUSE ,IF YOU HANDLE IT WITH ANY MOISTURE IN THE CLOTH OR IT COMES IN CONTACT WITH H2O THE RIG WILL LITERALLY SHATTER INTO CHARDS (ask me I can attest to it and it was just a small drop that was on the cloth,thought it was dry :cry: )...........I just pop it in and set my temp and walk away,come back 1/2 hour later, after the timer goes off and its ready for shelving ...........YMMV:peace:

Tweak

T\/\/34|<
Rinse with bottled water and dry the outside with a towel.

I dry the inside using a shop vac. Loud but does the trick.

I would also recommend storing with silica gel (dissent packet) to make sure moisture doesn't find a way. Where there is moisture, mold/mildew will form, which can eat glass.

doubledown

Where there is moisture, mold/mildew will form, which can eat glass.
Exactly what I don't want building up in my pick n pluck foam inside the case! I'm already going to be using a little cedar bag with activated charcoal in there for smell, I could throw in some silica gel packs too.

doubledown,
Reactions: turk
Top Bottom