Drying/curing for vaping

weedemon

enthusiast
I am also a fan of curing my buds. and i'd say dry is always better than wet herbs for vaping!

weedemon,

Smokey

Cloud Master
The curing process should be done by the grower...but I think most growers don't give a shit because of no patience and because wet herb weighs more. The curing is an ESSENTIAL part for the harvest, non cured bud is a 3 on a 10 scale. The same bud cured can reach easily 8-9 on 10, both on taste and potency.
I find a sweet spot for curing at 5-6 months, at that time the herb in the jar seems a completely different one from the one I harvested 6 months back.

Smokey,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
Smokey said:
The curing process should be done by the grower...but I think most growers don't give a shit because of no patience and because wet herb weighs more. The curing is an ESSENTIAL part for the harvest, non cured bud is a 3 on a 10 scale. The same bud cured can reach easily 8-9 on 10, both on taste and potency.
I find a sweet spot for curing at 5-6 months, at that time the herb in the jar seems a completely different one from the one I harvested 6 months back.

+1 on this. Unscrupulous growers cut too early, before crystals turn opaque or better yet amber, and then do not cure correctly. They are rewarded with more $ and customers who think this is the "good" stuff. It is exactly the opposite of what you want to put in a vaporizer. I never have sticky problems, in fact, the bottom of my CVault is like a mirror and collects crystals nicely.

t-dub

t-dub,

Mathair Naduir

Cannabis And Vapor Connoisseur
My fellow vaporist friend and I were just speaking about this. Curing is essential! It is disgusting to see what CA medical dispensaries try to pass by as good medical cannabis. At the prices we're paying, I expect only the best grown, harvested, and cured flower tops around.

A good quality cure allows for a more smooth, flavorful, potent, synergistic inhalation of smoke or vapor. IMO, us vaporists need to take a better look at the cannabis we are getting. I don't know about you, but I can tell first vape hit in if a strain has been cured improperly. It is an irritating sensation that makes me want to almost gag.

Mathair Naduir,

smokum

I am who I am and your approval isn't needed!
+1 here.....

I prefer over matured (50% amber), indica dom strains, organic grown, and cured a minimum of 1 month (prefer 6 months if I can wait that long, lol). However, I use my herb pretty much strictly for pain, although the giggle/euphoric highs ARE enjoyable too, lol.

Flavor to me is as important as effect in finished product.

smokum,

StiltedLimboDancer

LOL! Hahaha... Didn't realize I was hanging out in zombie land! :lol: :lol: :lol:

EDIT:
wds1_dead_inside.jpg

Last edited:
StiltedLimboDancer,

shredder

I've been growing for years. And I settled on air drying buds on stems for a few days followed by slower drying in brown paper bags, then curing in jars. This can take from 4-5 days to weeks.

One thing to consider is drying curing time also allows for turpenes loss. But tastes improve, when the dryness is correct and things like chlorophyll disapate.

In the end it's the growers judgement and experience that matters along with the end users care and handling. And each vape may work different. And like posted above on occasion I like fresh bud in my volcano for varieties with strong terpenes. Not better just different.

shredder,

howie105

At one time commercial pot got mostly just dried and shipped, curing was not a biggie. in the here and now some people are applying more time and effort in optimizing their processing. For me the bottom line is I still get all fucked up regardless of how the MJ gets processed as long as those involved avoid the obvious pitfalls. So like horses, beer and sex it really depends on what one likes and is looking for. Enjoy

howie105,
Top Bottom