Dry Ice Kief/Hash Thread

Homie

"I Need An Eighth"
I made some of this the other day, wasn't very strong but yeah it was cool and easy.

Homie,

SD_haze

You only need one bubble bag if you were just going to do dry ice kief. Also with bubble bags, quality really does matter. The signature brand is www.bubblebag.com, but there certainly are some other quality brands out in 2012

I've never heard of that brand, which doesn't mean its bad, but it is suspiciously cheap IMO (just like my TI nail I bought off ebay...which I'm still conflicted about)

This is a quote from some guy who bought a cheap ebay bubble bag
Knockoffs I got (ebay) lasted three batches before the the mesh on the trash bag started shredding. Folded mesh and triple stiched it...2 batches later the white plastic "medical grade sealer" started pealing off the inside of the 25 bag in tiny little pieces. Original "bubblebags" have lasted countless batches and other than a little discoloration on a couple of the "mesh" parts they still look/work like new. They are pricey yes, but I now look at that very high price as saving money;)

jambandphan03

in flavor country
Hey there! I stumbled onto the DI method a few months ago, still have not tried it yet. I did shake a bit of frozen trim in a bubble bag once, to see what would happen, got a bit of kif, then stopped so i could turn the rest of the trim into oil. I was impressed with how much fell with only frozen trim, so I can imagine that the DI works so much better. I just ordered a Pax, and want to build up some kif so I can make my loads a bit more potent. I've been converting my extras into oil for a while, but the Pax and Cloud are becoming game changers in how I vape. I'll come back soon when I have more to report, might get to making some this week some time. I'll get some pix.

jambandphan03,
Reactions: darkrom

Polmol

You only need one bubble bag if you were just going to do dry ice kief. Also with bubble bags, quality really does matter. The signature brand is www.bubblebag.com, but there certainly are some other quality brands out in 2012

I've never heard of that brand, which doesn't mean its bad, but it is suspiciously cheap IMO (just like my TI nail I bought off ebay...which I'm still conflicted about)

This is a quote from some guy who bought a cheap ebay bubble bag

thanks!

Polmol,

Egzoset

Banned
Salutations,

I saw the dry ice video a long time ago but never really understood how this method works. I do have my own theory though.

:hmm:

Trying to visualize the process i imagine a forest of lollipops or Q-Tips on a microscopic scale which get frozen hard: trichromes solidify at -80 °C and become brittle near their base, making them easy to collect through simple mechanical agitation.

Well, if that's a valid assumption then i've got to wonder if such frozen sticks, terminated with their precious heads, don't happen to exhibit a characteristic resonance frequency determined by their physical dimensions, in the manner of a music box comb (but with relatively uniform teeth lengths)...

If my second assumption is also accurate then shouldn't it be possible to induce mechanical shaking simply by using sound waves tuned to cause resonance at the microscopic level?

:science:

Insight from the scientific minds on this board would be appreciated!

:peace:

Egzoset,
Reactions: Puffers
Top Bottom