Drug dogs miss vaporizer

Purple-Days

Hey all,

My wife had to travel east to care for a sick relative. She went by Amtrak. No hassles, cause we boxed up her vape and vac-packed her weed in glass, then used UPS to get it where it needed to go.

Unfortunately her 2800 mile return was unscheduled. Had to take what transport was available, and that meant the Greyhound Bus. Oh God !!! 2-1/2 days of bus riding, with a few layovers in bus stations, no fun.

No time or way to vac-pack and send UPS. So the weed went in a Fuji film can and on her person. In her leather rucksack went the well used Rosewood Purple-Days and it's used vapor tubes. In the rush to get her home we weren't thinking about bus rides being much different than the train.

Uh, seems it's a regular practice across this country to go through bus terminals with drug dogs. St. Louis and Salt Lake City both had free ranging drug dogs. (hassle the lower classes) :brow:

I was on the phone with Pam when the first dog went down the line of baggage. I re-assured her that German Shepards were bomb dogs, just so she wouldn't freak. But I figured it might be a drug sniffer, and it was. Two seperate busts for weed while she was in St. Louis. Bummer...

Interesting that the used vapor tubes didn't cause a problem. And two different dogs went right past.

Not that I would want to test this ever again. But apparently dogs aren't any better than cops at sniffing vapor, or it's residues. :cool:

Purple-Days,

spyder

2 run ins with the cops at high levels... State Police and Drug Dogs in the last two months...

and the the "Purple Days" went undetected

either bad luck.... or a sales pitch??? :/

spyder,

vaporcloud

lurking kiwi
Good luck I'd say and further endorsement for vapping and the portability of PD.

vaporcloud,

max

Out to lunch
spyder said:
2 run ins with the cops at high levels... State Police and Drug Dogs in the last two months...

and the the "Purple Days" went undetected

either bad luck.... or a sales pitch??? :/
I don't know that I'd refer to either run in as "high levels". First was a traffic stop and the second, well, wouldn't you expect the authorities to cover all public transportation to prevent drug smuggling? In addition to planes and trains, they also 'profile' cars and trucks on known drug routes like I95. They're also looking for things and people of a non drug related nature since 9-11. Take a train or bus ride across state lines and see if you don't see some serious security screening.

Tom's post is more of a comment on the stealth of vapor vs. smoke than a sales pitch. He's been very laid back since joining this forum and has refrained, on many occasions, from plugging his vape. I've even had to urge him to play up the pluses of the PD more on his own site, since he's the type to let the product speak for itself.

max,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I feel for your wife...bus rides suck!

So you vacuum-packed the weed in plastic and then put it in glass, or do you have a way of vac packing in glass only?

stickstones,

Purple-Days

Sales pitch? No, I would get more creative than that.

Just a mild brush with the law and slightly different circumstances this time. But again the 'academy' training doesn't seem to cover vapes, (this time residues from vaping). I bet that dog could smell a used pipe or bong a mile off. Maybe even clothes that had smoke odor lingering, Not sure.

Absolutely right about modern security crossing the country in USA, post 9-11. They have all these new toys and the 'new constitution'. However ,Pammy saw no such security on Amtrak, same distance. That one we prepared for, no chance this time.

Yeah, stickstones, buses suck. I did 17 hours one time and can't imagine nearly 3 days.

On vac-packing in glass:

I prefer Ball or Kerr wide mouth freezer jars. And a fresh lid, always ! ! !

The freezer jars are so heavy walled that there is never a fear of breakage. And the wide mouth makes loading easy. 1/2 pints and 1 pints are available.

What I do is carefully load the jar and leave a little room at the top, you want a clean seal between the glass rim and the rubber seal, don't let any weed screw up the seal. Wipe down that glass rim with a damp paper towel before putting the lid on, just to be sure.

Put the lid on, and screw the ring on very loosely.

Bring a couple of inches of water to a mild boil and stick the jar in the water. Just enough water to go maybe half way up the jar. Leave the jar and contents to heat for about 5 minutes. Fetch the jar our of the water and screw the ring down tight. Set it out at room temp.

In about 15-30 minutes that lid wil go plink. You will probably hear it. Just be sure to check for a good seal later by tapping on the center of the lid. You will know if it sealed. The ring can be removed, but adds another layer of security against the seal busting.

I got started vac-packing in glass in 2002 on the Tex-Mex border.

Pammy arranged a buy with a waitress who didn't speak much English, and Pam spoke no Spanish. We wanted a 1/4oz. Just enough for a day or so, so we could enjoy. but have none left to travel with. Border Patrol was a certainty, and you see cars torn apart, just like a movie scene, no hiding, once they smell it you are done.

So that night we followed down a dark road into a trailer park, somebody got out and went in then back out and Pam got out and into the car. We still weren't sure we were safe, but WTF. Wasn't the first time I've been a little nervous in a deal. Turns out no worries.

The lady told Pam $200, uhhh, well no argueing at this point. They hand her a smelly half a brick, Huh ? ? ? Like I said no argueing at this point. Just say gracias Amigos, and get the heck back to the motel.

Now what? No way I'm carrying it through a Border Patrol checkpoint wrapped in a garbage bag.

Across the road I got a jar of spaghetti sauce. Down the toilet with the sauce. The ice bucket made a nice water bath, heated in the microwave. And before long, plink... we had about 10 oz sealed up nicely.

Purple-Days,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
All vapor stories have happy endings. :D

Tom's post is more of a comment on the stealth of vapor vs. smoke than a sales pitch. He's been very laid back since joining this forum and has refrained, on many occasions, from plugging his vape. I've even had to urge him to play up the pluses of the PD more on his own site, since he's the type to let the product speak for itself.
Agreed. I like reading Tom's vapor tales. :)

vtac,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
10 oz for $200!
Damn! Sounds like it is time for a trip across the border with some glass jars!
Thanks for the explanation...brilliant.
The cool thing about packing in glass is it doesn't get compressed and hard like when you vac-seal in a plastic bag.

stickstones,

Cannabudz

apprentice shaman
dosn't it just bit you that some piece of shit motherfucker thought of an idea to turn a dog into a drug addict and eploit it, to selectivley take us out, some clever people are assholes arn't they.

having a pet ,or "borrowing" a pet could be a good move, if your on the road with an ounce or two :D
they come in all shapes and sizes, cats r best, the whole insane gota gota instinct thing

Cannabudz,

TheGame

dosn't it just bit you that some piece of shit motherfucker thought of an idea to turn a dog into a drug addict and eploit it, to selectivley take us out, some clever people are assholes arn't they.
late Mitch Hedberg...
"Dog is Man's best friend...except for the drug-sniffing dogs. Those fuckers are tattle-tales."

TheGame,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
A friend of mine "canned" a plant she had grown in the hopes that it would keep. It worked really well. Two years later, the weed was still really fresh. Never thought of it for stealth!

Tom, your story took me back to a similar incident my husband and I had in So. America. Of course, back then, it wasn't as hard to travel with stuff.

Buzzhead wrote:

how bout going thru security at airport?
You know, I'd be really careful with that. You certainly couldn't put it in a carry on. I brought a ceramic egg coddler home from Georgia last year ( sort of a ceramic cup with a metal lid that you soft boil eggs in) and they ripped my stuff apart. Apparently, they thought it was a granade. It wasn't bad enough I was setting off every bell and whistle with my knee replacement, they thought they'd really bagged a good one. And if you could see me, you would know just how funny that is.:D

momofthegoons,

BUZZHEAD

JEFF
:/ Probably not a bad idea, i recently had 4 heart stints insatlled in Dec., plus 2 metal plates and screws in my neck, i'm gonna draw attension as it is. May try to ship it. :(

BUZZHEAD,

reprobate

vaporer
Purple-Days said:
Uh, seems it's a regular practice across this country to go through bus terminals with drug dogs. St. Louis and Salt Lake City both had free ranging drug dogs. (hassle the lower classes) :brow:
I've ridden Greyhound quite a few times... one time in Colby Kansas during the meal stop the local yokels showed up and used the baggage for practice for their dog.

Your tax dollars at work.

Interesting that the used vapor tubes didn't cause a problem. And two different dogs went right past.

Not that I would want to test this ever again. But apparently dogs aren't any better than cops at sniffing vapor, or it's residues. :cool:
About three years ago I was visiting a friend of mine who was in prison; the night before I'd been to a concert (no chance to shower or change clothes before the next morning) and had carried certain things in my coat pocket. Sure as Hades when I went through the screening process they made me stand there for a dog sniff.

The dog didn't blink. Hell, *I* could smell it on me.

It made me wonder how competent drug dogs are, generally.

reprobate,

cognito

Ok, I buy that the vacuumed sealed glass jar works. The only weak link I could possibly see would be the lid. Would it be pointless to have the contents in a vac-pac freezer bag as well? I think some times dogs dont hit on things that they could, just because some times they dont come right up on them.:2c: And when something is shipped, is it x-rayed or not?

cognito,

Beezleb

Its not like all dogs = equate to the same quality. I have personally seen in Belgium a very small lap dog trained to detect drugs find a stash of vacuumed sealed hash beyond anything reported here and it was also in a fluid of some type.

Just because people want to hear it is not problem, does not mean it is not. I would not allow reports of success in travel allow me to become complacent and take risk. To each their own but remember, they spend more money than any of us will ever understand to prevent transporting things. Their are no magic systems or devices that will enable one transport herb without risk.

In my state, for personal use, you almost have to be stupid to get in trouble but if your dealing or acting a fool. Its the book at you. Every week in the paper/local news they are showboating numerous people transporting herb through our areas. A majority of these are professionally packed vehicles that at times a dog found. Fear the dogs and just because you see a dog, it is like a wild card, it could be drug dog, bomb dog, security dog, dog in training, having a bad day. You never know.

Beezleb,
Top Bottom