Drowsiness from vaping?

Vaked420

It seems most everyone on here vapes pretty much daily or more and Ive ranged from vaping half a gram a day, down to about maybe a gram a week or less. But even still I find that when I vape every day I become much more lethargic and don't seem to wake up as energized as normal. Even 5-6 times a week and my energy doesnt get nearly as effected. Do you guys who vape daily notice having less energy? It's not some super significant thing or anything. I just feel like my brain is exhausted from being stoned too often. Do you guys notice a similar effect and just enjoy weed enough to not care about the side effects or is it just me?

Also this isn't as much a solid question as I wanted to start a discussion and see how weed effects people's overall energy levels.

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
I find it effects my energy level slightly but it's nothing that I can't push through. I feel that it's not a lack of energy, rather sensations from cannabinoids still in your system. An after glow so to speak.

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
If I allow the buzz to control me I can get pretty chill. I wouldn't call it lethargic but I will say I am in no great rush about things. What I mean by the buzz controlling me is that I don't mentally prepare in advance to keep my energy level up so whatever happens...happens.

I control the buzz for physical endeavors like exercise, fixing stuff around the house and yard work by getting high and immediately getting to the work/exercise. I can also eliminate the chill factor with high energy music and/or coffee.

I have been getting high for over 40 years on a daily basis without much of a break and I don't feel like it affects me the following day..... until I get my first buzz of the day.

sativasam

NO SMOKING
Personally, cannabis abuse over long periods of time can make me less outgoing. Waking up in the morning and consuming weed sets me up for a full day of sitting in a chair vaping. In comparison going for a jog in the morning is going to set me up for a different type of day. Just like cannabis, the endorphins released from exercise are like a drug that effect your brain and body. Weed works on me different depending on a wide array of factors outside of my control and knowledge. Sometimes it gives me the productive energy needed to go about my day. Sometimes it does the opposite. I would say though that using weed every day makes it more likely that you start to experience negative effects rather than positive. Moderation, moderation, moderation; easier said than done.

Last edited:

subway13029

I'm more along lines of @His_Highness being I've consumed for 20 years and I immediateLy get into what I'm gonna start doing and cannabis helps me get going..after long hard day of work and 3 kids and I will sit down with evo or mv and I find myself cleaning house or dishes or starting a project..I'm like go to sleep brain...

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
Another + for getting started then vaping.

I find that if I get everything setup for the activity that I need to do, then proceed to vaping before I start. That I'll get much more done, and I'll be nice and relaxed when I'm doing said activity. The end result is a happy buzz for the work period and job that wasn't rushed, (being done properly is another story,(of over indulgence)).

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
If I have a toke or two I get motivated high & do shit like house chores but I earn a living sober. More often than not I have one toke too many & that sets me up for a day of couch surfing & being a general slacker.

+1 to putting in a solid day & then relaxing with a vape. I really would like to get back to one session a day of an evening.

cannabis.pro

aka 420EDC
Accessory Maker
@Vaked420 what temperature are you vaping at? When are you vaping as far as time frame before falling asleep? What strains are you vaping? Do you know how those strains are grown? How much are you consuming in a single session? Are you using alcohol or on any other medications at the same time you vape or prior to vaping?

I understand you might not want to answer all of these questions here on a public forum but any insight you can give may be helpful as to why you are feeling lethargic post vaping.

kellya86

Herb gardener...
Iv been high daily for a good 15 years with no break... I only vape at night after work, except the weekend where I vape from about lunch time...

I work hard in the week, as a self employed carpenter, I'm active with my kids at the weekend, I'm non stop...

I don't know if cannabis makes me more lethargic, how would I know, iv been saturated with cannabis since I was a child???

Vaked420

@cannabis.pro
Not sure exactly what temp since it's am mflb but I vape pretty low and my weed is usually very light brown and still pretty green. I also try to vape a minimum of an hour before bed to 3-4 hours if I'm getting more stoned. Last night I vaped just a few hits which I think is a better fit for me and still got me decently buzzed and didn't get me all too stoned and I feel much better this morning. I don't usually know too much about the weed(well more so don't trust the info I get lol) but this strain I have now is very very potent and I think one of my problems was I had been vaping weak shake and then switched to this and started taking more dabs. I'm laying off the dabs now and I'm going to shoot more for getting buzzed than getting stoned and i think that works best for me. I mostly just find it interesting how people have different routines that work for some, but would be terrible for someone else. I think for me personally, avoiding the temptation to get too stoned and limiting my smoking to 5-6 times a week keeps my tolerance low and my energy up

Ricardo

I find that if I get everything setup for the activity that I need to do, then proceed to vaping before I start.
Strongly agree, but only semi-automatic stuff like housework, gym, gardening, uploading torrents etc. If everything is laid out and ready to go I find I generally have good energy once the first euphoric wave has passed (maybe 30 minutes). I like to get high but only after work and when I know I won't need to drive or make a sober impression in public. Generally vape a really small amount of weed... just covering the bottom of the DaVinci Ascent oven... @ 195°C (385°F), slowly for 6 - 10 minutes :peace:

Vaked420

Iv been high daily for a good 15 years with no break... I only vape at night after work, except the weekend where I vape from about lunch time...

I work hard in the week, as a self employed carpenter, I'm active with my kids at the weekend, I'm non stop...

I don't know if cannabis makes me more lethargic, how would I know, iv been saturated with cannabis since I was a child???

Just curious, and this is no way meant to be offensive, but does it ever bother you thinking what life would be like if you didn't smoke anymore or had never started? I started vaping when I was 16 and was daily when I was 17 up until now for the most part and I wonder what life would be like if I had never smoked. I think there are definitely things that have improved because of weed, I became more social because weed was a way to make friends, I became more open minded and saw life in a new light, and had some amazing times. I feel I even got more focused on what I wanted in life because weed just made me so much damn happier. I think as I write this out I sortve answered my first question myself that I think weed overall has had a positive impact on my life, but I still obviously will never know it's just interesting to think about haha

HomeFree

I have taken breaks lasting several years myself, and nothing really changed for the better at all. Sometimes cannabis can clear out the clutter in my head and help me to focus on a task. Also if my brain is whizzing along cannabis can take care of all the little tangents which keep me awake at night.

At around bedtime it usually puts me to sleep after about 20 or 30 minutes unless I sip my material. I vape about 1- 1 1/2 grams a week. I have stuck around there for most of my adult life. Actually all my adult life (after 20 or so). It works well for me. When I was younger, like around 17-19 I would use a lot more, around 1/4 oz a week. I didn't notice anything out of place other than an unusually good attitude and some apathy. Everyone is different though.

HomeFree,

Ricardo

Just curious, and this is no way meant to be offensive, but does it ever bother you thinking what life would be like if you didn't smoke anymore or had never started?
I think we're going a bit off-topic here but I really wish I'd started vaping much sooner, although I know the technology wasn't available in my part of the world until a few years ago anyway. I quit smoking many, many years ago, and hadn't touched cannabis for over 20 years! That's a lot of stress, anxiety and up-tightedness that could have been eased, not to mention the sense of wonder and awe I enjoy every time I vape :leaf:

Ricardo,

cannabis.pro

aka 420EDC
Accessory Maker
There's a fine line between therapeutic and over consumption. It is something we all need to figure out for ourselves. There's also the issue of tolerance that I've found gets wrecked with too much dabbing.

Personally I mix things up with dry herb vapor and Herb Ironing H2O extracts with a bowl, bong, or chillum. Off-topic, does FC community have a term for this type of consumption? Didn't want to start a new thread to ask this specifically. I learned this technique from glass blowers that used hot glass to smoke bowls.

cannabis.pro,
Reactions: Stevenski

kellya86

Herb gardener...
Just curious, and this is no way meant to be offensive, but does it ever bother you thinking what life would be like if you didn't smoke anymore or had never started? I started vaping when I was 16 and was daily when I was 17 up until now for the most part and I wonder what life would be like if I had never smoked. I think there are definitely things that have improved because of weed, I became more social because weed was a way to make friends, I became more open minded and saw life in a new light, and had some amazing times. I feel I even got more focused on what I wanted in life because weed just made me so much damn happier. I think as I write this out I sortve answered my first question myself that I think weed overall has had a positive impact on my life, but I still obviously will never know it's just interesting to think about haha

Im convinced that a life without cannabis would have been torture for me, a life of prescription drugs and shrinks probably, instead iv managed my problems myself and became a functioning member of society with a nice family and home...

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
When I was a daily combuster I would require an afternoon nap & fall asleep on the couch on a Sat/Sun afternoon. Unless recklessly overindulging I tend to not require a snooze in the afternoon if I have been vaping all day but it all leads to a good nights sleep.

shredder

If it becomes a problem, I would back off a bit. I'm on a two week break myself due to the flu bug. I am more clear headed, and for my lungs, the break has been great.

When I restart it will be with micro loads. I've found most of us overdo it by a lot. Medically you don't need very much at all.

Another thing I've found is certain strains work best for specific things. I love green crack for day time. It actually makes me more energetic. And I like certain strains for relaxing, and others for sleep.

So my best advice would be to take the occasional break, do smaller loads, and experimental with strains to fine tune your canna experience to your needs. Best of luck

Vaked420

@shredder ya I definitely find for myself that I need a lot less to get where I wanna be than most and that helps me to not have as many negative side effects like drowsiness

Vaked420,
Reactions: shredder

Wizsteve

It seems most everyone on here vapes pretty much daily or more and Ive ranged from vaping half a gram a day, down to about maybe a gram a week or less. But even still I find that when I vape every day I become much more lethargic and don't seem to wake up as energized as normal. Even 5-6 times a week and my energy doesnt get nearly as effected. Do you guys who vape daily notice having less energy? It's not some super significant thing or anything. I just feel like my brain is exhausted from being stoned too often. Do you guys notice a similar effect and just enjoy weed enough to not care about the side effects or is it just me?

Also this isn't as much a solid question as I wanted to start a discussion and see how weed effects people's overall energy levels.

It's all about the strain you want 100% sativa like green crack ,panama red, look at

https://www.leafly.com/explore/category-sativa

You may also want to eat better try adding raw uncooked spinach to your diet (juice or salad)
really makes a huge difference in energy levels.

Wizsteve,
Reactions: shredder

NeverStopLearning

I find all of these replies very interesting. I feel like it is more a hit or miss for me. As in some days I am excited and full of motivation and other days I just want to be lazy haha.
I have been a nightly smoker for the past 3 years or so but have just recently in the past few months tend to take a few hits during the day here and there now. I am looking to try and bust that habit though and stick to nights only.
Regardless, some days I do feel really lethargic and even in need of a nap mid day around 3 or so. While I never actually get that nap, I tend to stay kinda lethargic through the evening as well sometimes. I don't pay attention to it as well some days too :p.
I recall reading somewhere that the amount of water you drink and eating enough throughout the day was linked someway into helping you not feel lethargic and possibly helping you have more cannabinoid receptors available as well. (I am not sure though, so fact check me on that)

NeverStopLearning,

Elluzion

Vapeosaurus Rex
drink a lot of water! and don't vape at a super high temp if you can..

there are so many factors at play here.. it could also be your strain, time of day you are vaping, health/eating habits. try experimenting with different things and see what works!!

NeverStopLearning

drink a lot of water! and don't vape at a super high temp if you can..

I agree with you on the many factors at play indeed! However, I am interested to hear what vaping at a super high temp does and how it might affect you. Also, do you mean dark brown or closer to black?

NeverStopLearning,
Top Bottom