Driving whilst high

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
Here's something related that doesn't center on whether there is impairment or not.......

I was debating with someone who is against recreational legalization and one of the excuses he used was "I don't want to be on the road in a state where it's legal to use MJ".

IMO - if those opposed to legalization were privy to conversations like these, where folks justify driving on cannabis....it would not be a plus for our cause.

His_Highness,

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Here's something related that doesn't center on whether there is impairment or not.......

I was debating with someone who is against recreational legalization and one of the excuses he used was "I don't want to be on the road in a state where it's legal to use MJ".

IMO - if those opposed to legalization were privy to conversations like these, where folks justify driving on cannabis....it would not be a plus for our cause.

I'd tell that person to look to Canada where it's federally legal and has not been a debilitating issue.

invertedisdead,

Farid

It doesn't make any difference if it helps you medically, or if you can't drive without it due to seizures or anything else. If you can't drive without being buzzed on Cannabis, you just shouldn't be driving (my seizures are more dangerous while driving than me being buzzed behind the wheel). What if having a drink or two helped lessen your condition? Does that mean you should be able to drive with those drinks in your system? No, it doesn't. Other people should not be put at risk so you can have the ability to get to work or travel. If you are unable to drive due to a condition that Cannabis doesn't treat, you also shouldn't be allowed to just do it anyway and risk others, because you need to support your family, or leave the house. It's an unfortunate fact that some people have diseases/disabilities, but that doesn't mean others should be made to suffer as a result. The only one who has to suffer is the one that is afflicted.

You might disgree, but epileptics are allowed to drive. It's legal, and it's a freedom I value very much, and do not take for granted. It varies state to state, but in MA, if you are seizure free for 6 months, and you have doctors approval, you can drive on your medication. The pills I'm on say on the side "use caution when operation a motor vehicle". They do not say "do not operate a motor vehicle".

Epileptics are not getting "buzzed". Most of us who use cannabis use CBD capsules/edibles in conjunction with pills. I vape to help with side effects from my pills. I don't ever vape while driving, but I consume micodoses of cannabis throughout the day, every 3 hours or so. When I have cannabis in the car I follow the MA law, and have it sealed in a container out of reach from the driver.

Been seizure free for almost 2 years, and never had any tickets or problems on the road.

EverythingsHazy

You might disgree, but epileptics are allowed to drive. It's legal, and it's a freedom I value very much, and do not take for granted. It varies state to state, but in MA, if you are seizure free for 6 months, and you have doctors approval, you can drive on your medication. The pills I'm on say on the side "use caution when operation a motor vehicle". They do not say "do not operate a motor vehicle".

Epileptics are not getting "buzzed". Most of us who use cannabis use CBD capsules/edibles in conjunction with pills. I vape to help with side effects from my pills. I don't ever vape while driving, but I consume micodoses of cannabis throughout the day, every 3 hours or so. When I have cannabis in the car I follow the MA law, and have it sealed in a container out of reach from the driver.

Been seizure free for almost 2 years, and never had any tickets or problems on the road.
That's fine, as long as you've been seizure free for the appropriate amount of time. I don't know enough about prescription seizure medication to have an opinion on whether or not it should be legal to drive while on it. Does it make you feel buzzed, like THC?

Also, using pure CBD, and using Cannabis that contains THC, are completely different things. Whether or not epileptics use Cannabis with the goal of enjoying a buzz, is irrelevant. If it has THC, they ARE experiencing its effects (i.e. a buzz), however mild they may be. If they are using only CBD in any form, they have nothing to worry about in regards to being tested for THC.

EverythingsHazy,

Farid

Some anticonvulsants are very strong. Gabapentin, Lamictal, Topamax to name a few off the top of my head. But it is legal to drive on those medications, so long as caution is used. My prescription pills do not make me feel "buzzed" at all - I don't feel any noticable effect from them. I feel it if I don't have my pills, but not if I have them.

That said, if you or anybody else were to take them I'm sure you'd feel absolutely loaded. But once you are on it for years those effects go away. Like coffee. Or cigarettes. If I were to smoke a cigarette behind the wheel I'd be a danger because I am not a smoker, and I'd OD on nicotine instantly.

I don't really get what you mean about CBD being safer with regards to testing for THC. Testing for THC will show THC in users who are not even stoned. If somebody vapes a bowl, and gets in a car and drives, there is no accurate test that can differentiate if he smoked 1 hour ago or 10 hours ago. Not to mention most CBD bud I have still has traces of THC in it, so you still wouldn't pass a test unless it could show the levels.

Last edited:

EverythingsHazy

Some anticonvulsants are very strong. Gabapentin, Lamictal, Topamax to name a few off the top of my head. But it is legal to drive on those medications, so long as caution is used. My prescription pills do not make me feel "buzzed" at all - I don't feel any noticable effect from them. I feel it if I don't have my pills, but not if I have them.

That said, if you or anybody else were to take them I'm sure you'd feel absolutely loaded. But once you are on it for years those effects go away. Like coffee. Or cigarettes. If I were to smoke a cigarette behind the wheel I'd be a danger because I am not a smoker, and I'd OD on nicotine instantly.
I would think "caution being used" includes not driving while you feel a buzz or sedation from them, but instead, waiting for that to wear off until all you notice is a decrease in the symptoms they are being used to treat.

I wouldn't be surprised if I'd feel buzzed on them, but I don't think that lack tolerance is the only thing that would cause that. I'd think that my lack of epileptic symptoms, and the biological lack of the issues that cause them, would have a lot to do
with that.

EverythingsHazy,
Reactions: biohacker

Farid

I would think "caution being used" includes not driving while you feel a buzz or sedation from them, but instead, waiting for that to wear off until all you notice is a decrease in the symptoms they are being used to treat.

Why can't the same apply to THC? Don't drive if you feel a buzz. Easy. I feel a buzz for half an hour max generally, but I'd usually give it a bit longer in case.

I wouldn't be surprised if I'd feel buzzed on them, but I don't think that lack tolerance is the only thing that would cause that. I'd think that my lack of epileptic symptoms, and the biological lack of the issues that cause them, would have a lot to do
with that.

No, lack of tolerance is pretty much it. Anybody who has ever had to switch AEDs quickly, knows how off you feel when you start a new medication. I wouldn't drive during that period. If I were to switch to Lamical I'd feel as stoned as you would.

EverythingsHazy

Why can't the same apply to THC? Don't drive if you feel a buzz. Easy. I feel a buzz for half an hour max generally, but I'd usually give it a bit longer in case.

No, lack of tolerance is pretty much it. Anybody who has ever had to switch AEDs quickly, knows how off you feel when you start a new medication. I wouldn't drive during that period. If I were to switch to Lamical I'd feel as stoned as you would.
Well, it depends on how THC affects your reaction times, focus, etc.., past the point of feeling buzzed. Also, I mentioned in my super long post, just because some medications are legal to drive on, despite them being different levels of impairing, doesn't mean we should add THC to the list. Perhaps it means it should be illegal to use the currently legal ones before driving, until you have a maximum of a certain amount of them in your system. Should we also make it legal to drive with as much alcohol in your system as you feel comfortable with? Many people say/believe they are fine to drive after drinking, when they actually aren't.

As for the second paragraph, that's interesting. I believe with other meds, lack of symtoms can cause a person to feel more or less of a buzz. I'm not 100% sure (so don't take the following as fact and act on it), but I wouldn't doubt that the same person, taking the same dose of Xanax, during a panic/anxiety flare up or during a time when they feel perfectly calm, can result in them feeling either just a decrease in symtoms, or a buzz. I know I've taken anti-anxiety meds and not felt anything aside from a decrease in anxiety. I haven't taken them without needing them, though.

EverythingsHazy,
Reactions: biohacker

Paka-cholo

Flaccid Member
Pros: It keeps me from road raging/calm, and speeding. I never mind taking my time and am extra cautious.

Saves gas. (because of above)

Its super fun to listen to music and drive nowhere and everywhere.

You find your people and you shoot the peace sign.

Smells really good.

Cons: The law

Smells really good.(because of above)

You can burn your seat......wait never mind that doesn't happen anymore ha.

Slows reaction time.

My friend says whilst a lot, I love that word but I can't say it for the life of me. She laughs at me every time. She is from London and Im from the U.S. One day I will go to the UK!!!

Last edited:

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped

I checked the article at the top of the google list (factcheck.org) and read from a few of the links in it. There is certainly an increased number of fatalities involving cannabis - and accidents too - in Colorado. If you read the Rocky Mountain High Intensity Drug Trafficking Area report of 2015 you'll find this clearly presented. However, what is not presented is people with low levels of THC intoxication. There is no indication of impairment (or levels of THC in most cases), and if you read the examples of horrible stories near the bottom it becomes obvious that in most (if not all) of those cases the intoxicated driver was stoned and were usually impaired by alcohol or other drugs in their systems. I also found it interesting that for the most part fatalities and accidents have dropped over the nearly 10 years of studies, but didn't seem to be mentioned in the report. In 2014 both increased, most likely due to recreational legalization. Could see this increase just being the result of weed tourists (in many cases the epitome of people who can't handle their shit).

This isn't inconsistent with anything discussed to here. People who are stoned should not drive, no matter the drug (including alcohol). However, it does not address levels of intoxication at all - the path this thread has been on for some time. I'm not going to re-type all of the same stuff in the past couple pages, but think it all is still correct, and correlates with the data of the RMHIDTA report.

kellya86

Herb gardener...
I was followed by a deputy sheriff from the state cannabis store (WA state) to almost my house. I was driving on a country road with a lot of pot holes so I slowed way down. The speed limit was 50. I have a small little sporty car and I feel every single bump.

This sheriff was following too close. I was worried he was going to pull me over. Eventually I started driving the speed limited. He had me so nervous that I turned off into a store to get rid of him. I half expected that he was going to follow me into the store parking lot. He followed me for 5 miles approx. I had used cannabis early in the day but not right before I left to go shopping. I drove fine but it's nerve racking to be followed closely like that medicated or not.

With the testing like it is in some states or soon to be in Canada, there are areas we are more apt to be tested. If you live in a legal state IMO the police are more apt to test for cannabis. In my circumstance the sheriff probably would have wanted to test me for cannabis if he was being an asshole. Reasoning would be because I was buying weed. Some in law inforcement have been stewing in anger since cannabis was voted legal. Wanting to arrest a stoner for a DUI.

I felt very angry feeling like the sheriff was trying to intimate me by following so closely. I'm sure he knew exactly what he was doing.

You should have pulled him over and asked him if he was driving too close purposely, in which case it's dangerous driving...
Or if he was unaware... in which case it's driving without due care and attention...

I have my car fitted with cameras...
Nice to have evidance to back up any claims..
If I was being followed too close, being intimidated, I'd have the proof...

Burt

Quite a few trying to shut down this discussion, which is regrettable. I don't support driving while impaired and would not do so myself, but wish for this discussion to continue freely for a few reasons:
  1. Scientific studies are *at best* ambivalent. Many literally show that stoned drivers are safer. No amount of moralising changes that. And it's interesting.
  2. Some people are going to do it regardless of what anyone thinks, and if FC isn't a safe place to discuss this, can anywhere be?
  3. (and this is the kicker) Current law enforcement practice is to penalise people whether they're safe or not. I'm worried (and broadly convinced) that even if I hadn't vaped for 48 hours, I'd still fail the roadside & blood tests they use right now to jail people. Despite being in perfect possession of my driving faculties. This forum should not remove itself from the pursuit of a solution to this problem.

JCat

Accessory Maker
Quite a few trying to shut down this discussion, which is regrettable. I don't support driving while impaired and would not do so myself, but wish for this discussion to continue freely for a few reasons:
  1. Scientific studies are *at best* ambivalent. Many literally show that stoned drivers are safer. No amount of moralising changes that. And it's interesting.
  2. Some people are going to do it regardless of what anyone thinks, and if FC isn't a safe place to discuss this, can anywhere be?
  3. (and this is the kicker) Current law enforcement practice is to penalise people whether they're safe or not. I'm worried (and broadly convinced) that even if I hadn't vaped for 48 hours, I'd still fail the roadside & blood tests they use right now to jail people. Despite being in perfect possession of my driving faculties. This forum should not remove itself from the pursuit of a solution to this problem.
If I could like this one twice I would :)

I'm also very concerned about point 3.

Krazy

Alcohol, opiates, cannabis . . . they all impair albeit in different ways.
I would qualify that with "they all CAN impair". And lumping cannabis with alcohol does NOT make them alike.

And I would add caffeine, nicotine, pretty much all prescription meds, lack of sleep, poor anger management, poor diet, age, etc., etc..

And some people just rolled up shit characters for the D&D campaign that is life. Poor reaction time, poor psychological refractory period, inability to multitask, etc.. Plenty of legal drivers that shouldn't be out on the roads at all.

How about someone wearing glasses? Loss of peripheral vision, potential slippage, smudges, all mean that they are not as good a driver as a non glasses wearing person. Given that they need glasses to drive but are not as safe as non glassed drivers should they be banned?

the fact still remains that any level of impairment could potentially cause a lapse in situational awareness which could cause the driver to be unable to respond to a surprise event.
I actually agree with you a good 90% overall. I think we should have much more stringent drivers license tests and criteria. I cut contact with people that drive fraked up, no matter how they get that way. I don't need people like that in my life. I'v gotten out and walked on more than one occasion from impaired but technically legal drivers.

I enlisted when I turned 17, by the time I was out had some advanced offensive driving classes under my belt. Including purposeful (controlled) experience driving drunk, drugged, exhausted, injured, etc.. When I got back to the states and took my first ever civilian drivers test I was
appalled. They didn't even do traffic cone slalom, emergency braking, or wet pavement skit testing!

Last edited:

Farid

Perhaps it means it should be illegal to use the currently legal ones before driving, until you have a maximum of a certain amount of them in your system. Should we also make it legal to drive with as much alcohol in your system as you feel comfortable with? Many people say/believe they are fine to drive after drinking, when they actually aren't.

Nobody is saying that you should be able to drive with "as much alcohol in your system as you feel comfortable with" we are saying that there IS a legal limit. You CAN have 1 drink and be within the limit. Why can't the same apply to cannabis?

As for the second paragraph, that's interesting. I believe with other meds, lack of symtoms can cause a person to feel more or less of a buzz. I'm not 100% sure (so don't take the following as fact and act on it), but I wouldn't doubt that the same person, taking the same dose of Xanax, during a panic/anxiety flare up or during a time when they feel perfectly calm, can result in them feeling either just a decrease in symtoms, or a buzz. I know I've taken anti-anxiety meds and not felt anything aside from a decrease in anxiety. I haven't taken them without needing them, though

I don't think you understand the difference between a daily and an as needed medication. You absolutely do feel something from an as needed anxiety med. That's what they're designed to do. Daily meds do not act the same way, and you don't feel effects from them because you always keep a constant level of the drug in your blood. I go to blood tests to make sure I have enough of it in my system. They would never do that for a xanax or a klonopin or ativan. The drugs I am on are not even close to the same category as those, and I agree you should never drive on those. As needed anti anxiety pills are MUCH more intoxicating than cannabis. If I eat a xanax I am going to feel it, and you are going to feel it because neither of us takes xanax all day - which is good because it's not designed for that, and is totally different from the AEDs I was discussing.

Last edited:

JCat

Accessory Maker
Just want to clarify my position ... I am NOT in favour of impaired driving, but the concern is what qualifies as impaired driving. For an average person, after they consume 1 drink, their BAC is essentially 0 after 2 hours. This is easy. That being said, someone can be charged for impaired driving for simply being tired, or a more likely scenario is they haven't slept for a day or two, and have half a drink. Their BAC will still be well below any limit, but the driver can still be charged with impaired (even if their BAC was zero). It is an easier charge if the driver is over .05 or .08, but the impaired can be obtained even with under .05 or 0. In this case though, the case and officer need to be able to stand up to cross examination and prove beyond a reasonable doubt that the person was indeed impaired. This is fair.

In other words, there is no need for a "limit" to charge people with being impaired for using cannabis. They simply need to use a common sense approach with a goal of protecting people (isn't that the point?) At any rate, until there is science to back up the law, these tests will simply get excluded from evidence if you have a decent lawyer; although, it probably won't take them long to conduct enough studies to be able to back up their laws (you just keep doing them over and over again under slightly different circumstances until you get the results you like). You then use the results from the studies you like to move forward an agenda.

The actual laws are kinda' ridiculous sometimes though ... for example, if you were visiting family out of town, and were staying the night, and you had to park on the street because not enough parking in the driveway. Then later that night, before going to bed, after having a # of drinks, you realize you forgot your toothbrush in your car. So you get your keys, go out, unlock your car and get your toothbrush and lock your car back up. At this point a police officer stops you, and notices that you are visibly drunk, and asks you to submit to a test. You do the test and blow significantly over. He now charges you with care and control of a vehicle with a BAC over .08 as well as care and control of a vehicle while impaired (because you are visibly impaired). You explain to him that you were just getting your toothbrush but he chooses to ignore you (actually handcuffs you and puts you in the back of the cruiser--gotta' be safe you know--never know what some drunk asshole might do). You get taken to jail, it takes 5-10 hours to process you and get you out of there. Your vehicle is impounded for a week and your license is revoked for 1 year (pending your trial that is 1-3 months away ... ideally they like to make it over 3 months as after 3 months the penalties are more severe unless you win) You would likely win this case, but still, not very pleasant of an experience!!!

So now imagine that story with cannabis given what a lot of cops views on cannabis are ... you might not even win the case ... he might have a bunch of officers that can back up his side of the story that you were getting in the vehicle to drive it away ... and who wouldn't trust the word of cops? ... you might be ok if you were visiting reputable, well established people that will get deemed as "trustworthy" by the legal system ... as they could back your side of the story ... but if you are visiting a family member or friend that has a less stellar reputation (like a musician or something :)), might not work out at all. The system is biased in favour for certain classes of individuals and biased against for other classes.

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
@JCat i enjoyed your post. You hit a lot of important points. One thing for me that comes to mind is if you have a lot of money your more apt to get off. If you don't have a lot of money for a good lawyer getting busted for cannabis even if you didn't use that day it's still in your body. You would register positive if tested. You may end up with a huge fine and even jail time in some areas. Not to mention the added insurance cost. You could even get fired from your job.

I think we all are adults here and will be making decisions whether we can drive to the grocery store or not. There are many medical cannabis patients on this forum that need to medicate plus live their lives. It's called using good judgement. No comparison between alcohol and cannabis IMO.

Some of us will have to agree to disagree. We all have an opinion.

Edit
I'm not advocating driving high by no means. A person new to cannabis with a low tolerance would need to be extremely careful.

Baron23

To reiterate most of the points I've made in this thread...

1. Cannabis does slow reaction times and causes an altered state of mind/focus, that negatively affects driving ability.

2. Whether you feel like you are "impaired" or not, is irrelevant. People who regularly drink alcohol often feel like they are ok to drive when they aren't.

3. Tolerance does not necessarily equal less physical impairment. Feeling less of a buzz, or being used to it, doesn't mean that the chemicals in your body/brain aren't causing impairment. Even if you ARE experiencing less effects from a THC, that doesn't mean they are nonexistent.

4. The "lesser of two evils" argument is not a sound one, at all, and should be left out of debate, unless you are specifically debating which of two things is worse. Punching someone is much worse than slapping them, but that doesn't make slapping people acceptable. You shouldn't drive under the influence of anything that can negatively affect your driving ability, be it prescription drugs, exhaustion, alcohol, Cannabis, depression, etc.. Just because some of those things aren't punishable by law, doesn't mean everything else should be legally allowed. That's not sound reasoning. If you had to make them all legal or illegal, they should all be illegal. Nobody needs to be killed because you aren't in a safe-for-driving state of mind.

4. Regardless if you are a recreational user or a medical one, you shouldn't be allowed to drive while under the influence of Cannabis. It doesn't make any difference if it helps you medically, or if you can't drive without it due to seizures or anything else. If you can't drive without being buzzed on Cannabis, you just shouldn't be driving (my seizures are more dangerous while driving than me being buzzed behind the wheel). What if having a drink or two helped lessen your condition? Does that mean you should be able to drive with those drinks in your system? No, it doesn't. Other people should not be put at risk so you can have the ability to get to work or travel. If you are unable to drive due to a condition that Cannabis doesn't treat, you also shouldn't be allowed to just do it anyway and risk others, because you need to support your family, or leave the house. It's an unfortunate fact that some people have diseases/disabilities, but that doesn't mean others should be made to suffer as a result. The only one who has to suffer is the one that is afflicted. It's sad, but that's not me being mean. If you are considered too close to being blind to drive, you can't just do it anyway and risk the lives of others. You're the blind person. You are the one who has to suffer. Again, that's not me trying to be cruel or uncaring. I would love for those afflicted with issues to be given help. I just don't feel like one person's disabilities should put other people in harms way.

5. The same way two people with the same BAC can "feel" different levels of drunkenness, yet still be physically impaired to the same level (not referring to the mental impairment here, but rather the biological changes that occur at each BAC level), I believe that a BTHCC (blood THC content) level that is "safe" for the average person can be agreed upon, and that that number should be enforced. Sure some people might be more or less affected by the same BAC/BTHCC level, due to other biological factors, but you can't make laws based on the exceptions. You have to make them based on the large majority average, seeing as the people who fall into that category will be the ones involved in the most situations.

6. Consciously trying to drive more safely due to knowing you are buzzed (whether for the safety of others or out of fear of being pulled over) is not necessarily a good thing. That's using your attention/focus for trying to be extra careful, which is a distraction in itself. You aren't as aware of the entire situation when you are focused on one thing.

7. Similarly to #6, the increased focus provided by a Cannabis buzz, is not one that is generally going to be beneficial to driving in the open world. Having tunnel vision and laser focus MIGHT help you out if you are playing a video game, or something that doesn't involve potential unexpected occurences (a child running out in front of your car, an animal jumping into the road, another car doing something dangerous, slipping on ice, etc.), but when you have the chance that something unexpected can happen and require ridiculously fast mental processing to avoid an accident, it is a hinderance. The Cannabis buzz focus is good for some things, but driving isn't one of them.

8. Regardless of how used to the way Cannabis usually affects you, the fact that so many factors can cause an unexpected change in how it affects you each time, makes it unsafe to drive while under the influence. What if you get a split second vision flash/blur that happens sometimes? What if you get much higher than expected, or worse, much more impaired physically without feeling much more buzzed? It's usually fine in your home, but not behind the wheel. Just because it's never happened to you, doesn't mean it never will, and being behind the wheel when it does, is not a good idea.

I believe that covers all of the prevailing arguments I've seen in this thread, and the points I've made up until this point.
A most excellent post except I'm not at all sure that I agree with your point #5. Blood THC levels are not equivelent cannabis version of blood alcohol levels. In the latter, BAC directly corresponds to the current degree of intoxication. With THC, which can remain detectable for quite some time after quitting its use and no longer having any effects, it does not directly correspond to the driver's level of intoxication.

I have a position, in general, against driving while intoxicated. I don't have a solution for what test and criteria can/should be used for cannabis.

But I hold the position that arguing that driving under the influence of MJ makes you a better driver will not help us convince the general population or our politicians that we are a community of mature and responsible adults for whom MJ should be legalized entirely.

Last edited:

Farid

But I hold the position that arguing that driving under the influence of MJ makes you a better driver will not help us convince the general population or our politicians that we are a community of mature and responsible adults for whom MJ should be legalized entirely.

I agree completely. But we are in a cannabis forum, and are not talking with the general public. For many of us, this is the only place where we talk to other medical cannabis patients. We should be able to talk candidly without having to doctor our words the way we do around people who are not familiar with cannabis.

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
I agree completely. But we are in a cannabis forum, and are not talking with the general public. For many of us, this is the only place where we talk to other medical cannabis patients. We should be able to talk candidly without having to doctor our words the way we do around people who are not familiar with cannabis.

So long as Google doesn't pick up on the keywords in a thread like this. Some of the vaporizer discussions in FC do Google Up.

Don't get me wrong though....this is the place for these discussions for sure.

Farid

Sure they end up in google, but that's alongside Reddit, grasscity, and other major forums which would turn up first. Surely the discussion at those forums would be much less responsible, so I'm not worried about this thread. The reality is that stoners are already seen in a negative light in this regard, so some balance has to be made. Society has an understanding of what drinking responsibly looks like. We just haven't developed an understanding of what smoking responsibly looks like. Other countries/cultures have, but in the United States we have not.

C No Ego

so instead of red bull someone decides to "super silver haze or any sativa" instead to stay awake... because herbs are safer than sodas who decides that one?!?

Sure they end up in google, but that's alongside Reddit, grasscity, and other major forums which would turn up first. Surely the discussion at those forums would be much less responsible, so I'm not worried about this thread. The reality is that stoners are already seen in a negative light in this regard, so some balance has to be made. Society has an understanding of what drinking responsibly looks like. We just haven't developed an understanding of what smoking responsibly looks like. Other countries/cultures have, but in the United States we have not.
until science can quantify endocannabinoid ( phytocannabinoids) functioning on the fly ( breathalizer) there is no way to know inebriation... Red Eyes , the red eyed one needed relief from reefers so his eyes were red! he was driving and could see because of cannabis therapy or phytocannabinoid remediation of glaucoma.. pick and choose how you feel about that

Last edited by a moderator:
C No Ego,
Reactions: Nooky72

Farid

Easy solution IMO is govt issued dashcams. Then the reaction time would be recorded in the event of a crash, and people would not want to drive intoxicated in any form (lack of sleep/caffiene included). If a cop pulled you over for swerving, there would be evidence for it. If there was an accident, there would be evidence of the reaction time.

A lot easier than going by a blood% which has little connection to intoxication level (this applies to THC, other drugs are different).

No privacy concerns from me, since the camera would be facing the road, and not watching you pick your nose. We also already live in a world where our online privacy does not exist, and that is much more personal than the time you spend driving in the car.

Top Bottom