Driving whilst high

DeezBraz

Personally, my reflexes and awareness when high is pretty bad. I did it once, for some reason, I felt like I was playing a video game. Sort of like it seemed to go in my mind that if I hit something, I'll just simply bounce off it and continue. I wouldn't do it again because driving is obviously not like a video game haha.

Chezgreendream

First the flavor, then the buZzz settles in....
Personally, my reflexes and awareness when high is pretty bad. I did it once, for some reason, I felt like I was playing a video game. Sort of like it seemed to go in my mind that if I hit something, I'll just simply bounce off it and continue. I wouldn't do it again because driving is obviously not like a video game haha.

Unless youre playing grand theft auto.

I see driving similar to a video game, but more of a different dimension of life.

example.....When one is just walking, just eating , just still, they come with different perceptions, but with real life comes real life consequences.

ScrivGnar

Field sobriety tests are horrible while high. I once got pulled over (pulling out of a friends house, street was completely lit by street lights so i didnt think to turn my headlights on...oops) I had a gram in my pocket too. Was shaking like a leaf, :p passed the test, breathalyzer, and drove home nervously

Better to stay home and vape xD

Allanthia420

Like zoinks man
I definitely feel like I enjoy driving while high. I have been in accidents before as a child and get real bad anxiety about driving. Getting stoned makes it so much easier to just relax and focus on the road and tune the rest of the world out. Makes it kinda like a video game for me.

kellya86

Herb gardener...
@Allanthia420

I completely agree, although it's much looked down upon, I am a better driver high. I can prove this a few ways, one is that if im racing, I get better lap times if I'm on a level, I just go into some mode where I only see the apex...

And when Im on the road my driving is calmer, more controlled and cautious,

I'm also a biker so am very aware of everything around me,,

In my youth me and my friends would ofter spend the day riding around the country roads looking for nice places to sit and smoke a joint (combustion days).
Then continue our ride...

People may judge for this,,
But it's socially acceptable to stop at a beer garden for a half or pint..
I think this is much worse, I think alchohol in general is worse than most things, but tradition rules over common sense...

whereskarlo

Field sobriety tests are horrible while high. I once got pulled over (pulling out of a friends house, street was completely lit by street lights so i didnt think to turn my headlights on...oops) I had a gram in my pocket too. Was shaking like a leaf, :p passed the test, breathalyzer, and drove home nervously

Better to stay home and vape xD

My worst scare was on the PCH outside LA. Me and four friends had been hot boxing my Mitsubishi Montero and looking at the ocean. It was hella foggy in that car after a couple of joints had been passed around. As we were coming back to LA there was a police checkpoint on PCH checking EVERY SINGLE CAR. As we were getting closer the car was dead silent as everyone was quietly panicking. I had a pineapple instant fragrance that I sprayed on everything and everyone. As we pulled up we saw the cops shine lights into the car in front of us and pulling it aside along with the 15 or so other cars being inspected. We pulled up next and were flashed by the cops mag light. Then he waved us through. PHEW!!! One of nine lives lost that night!

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
I breezed my way past a RBT/RDT yesterday evening as they were setting up still. Had I been through there 10 minutes later things would have been very different & the cops don't mind pulling every single car over on a 3 lane artery road. I have been pulled over & tested for alcohol plenty of times but never lick tested & it is becoming more likely by virtue of increased testing & law of averages.

The only plus is it is a 10 minute fuck around waiting for the test results & it only takes 30 seconds to test for alcohol. That means the filth only drug test on suspicion really so if you can keep your shit together you may skate by.

Stevenski,

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
I guess it depends where you live? I didn't know that mandatory area mass stops were still happening? I guess if you didn't smell of cannabis or alcohol you wouldn't have anything to worry about. I suppose if they smelled alcohol or cannabis you would need to take a test to see if you were able to drive? Most areas cannabis is still illegal and you might be arrested.

Anything could be happening in Europe though. I heard that it was happening in England quite a bit.

Even though cannabis is legal in WA state you have to have it in the trunk after purchasing. Absolutely no using cannabis in the car even by the passengers is illegal here. It also applies to medical users as well.

Make sure you carry your cannabis around in a smell proof container. I was at a medical cannabis informational meeting and I was told cops would need a search warrant to open a Cvault container.

Edit
Now that cannabis is legal in my state the cops are looking for it more now than ever before. So it's driver beware and be smart about things.

Last edited:

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
I live in Sydney, Australia @CarolKing so it is a bit different to America I suppose. The Police are not exactly looking for cannabis here, they will bust on opportunity though. They do mass stops & that is where they stop everyone & you drive through are asked if you have had any alcohol, count to 10 in a machine & drive off if you do not register over the alcohol limit. It takes 30 seconds max & you can test 1000's of motorists.

Only if they get suspicious will they pull you aside for a lick test etc. Mind you I live in a nice part of town, drive a little car & im my late 30's. If I was a young un with a obviously modified car I would consider myself pig bait & rightly so. I was pulled over & breath tested with an Oz in my center console & even though I was high I tested 0.0 on the alcohol & just looked like I had had a hard day at the office :)

It is a case of every responsible cannabis user should know their limits & if they are capable of operating a dangerous device like a motor vehicle. There are plenty of occasions that I will not drive high but it is not a black & white issue just like drink driving. You can have a couple of beers or a wine or two with dinner & dive home & I believe it is the same with cannabis. Should you vape large amounts of cannabanoids & drive? NO more than you should drink a 5th of whiskey & hop behind the wheel.

Moderation & all that jazz but if you get caught you have to accept the consequences of whatever the outcome is.

The Stranger

Account Closed
I agree with most in this thread. Driving high is not for everyone. Living in South Dakota where back dirt roads outside of town are the norm - most people who don't want to smoke at home just cruise around and smoke. I've never personally heard or known of someone crashing because of it.

I've even gone on 12 hour road trips with my herbalaire hooked into my car and vaped away to pass time. Definitely up to the user and whether they can even handle themselves properly.

StiltedLimboDancer

In general I'm very tolerant to what people are supposed to do as long as they feel good and don't harm any other person.

And there's my point: A car can easily be a weapon when the driver has a slower reaction time.

Especially children sometimes don't know the traffic regulations and have another perception of dangers in road traffic.

I don't want to be responsible for someone's injuries or death.

I DON'T DRIVE HIGH

Last edited:

kellya86

Herb gardener...
In general I'm very tolerant to what people are supposed to do as long as they feel good and don't harm any other person.

And there's my point: A car can easily be a weapon when the driver has a slower reaction time.

Especially children sometimes don't know the traffic regulations and have another perception of dangers in road traffic.

I don't want to be responsible for someone's injuries or death.

I DON'T DRIVE HIGH

Then maybe you shouldn't drive at all, just in case...you can still hurt or kill a child and it be your fault, even not high...

kellya86,

StiltedLimboDancer

Come on, you know what I mean.

Could you live with the question "what if I didn't drive high in that situation?" after colliding with child that might have lifetime disadvantages after that...?

I don't want to.

I'm not here to teach someone. I' m just telling you my point of view.

BTW: Actually I don't own a car and just rent one if I need one. I'm using my bike for most things.

I vape top shelf oil whilst driving.

Coincidentally, I also murder orphan babies in my spare time.

I guess I'm just a bad person.

(Just kidding about one of those things.)

kellya86

Herb gardener...
When I was younger me and my mates used to ride about for miles till we find a nice place to sit and smoke a joint, then continue our ride...
Miss bikes..
Last bike I owned was a vfr400 nc30..

TeeJay1952

Short Attention Span Theatre has become a multiplex. Terrible driver, wake up (attention returned) at traffic lights. Close calls but no crashes. There is a time for everyone to stop I am trying to err on the correct side of equation.

kellya86

Herb gardener...
Fair enough, I respect your decision, all too many people continue to drive after they are no longer on top of their game, unfortunately this can lead to accidents, I lost a friend at the age of 11 after an elderly gentleman couldn't get to the brakes fast enough...

kellya86,
Top Bottom