Driving whilst high

hibeam

alpha +
Didn't think you had roundabouts in America. Thought it was a Europe thing. I live next to the town with the first ever roundabout in letchworth uk.

Didn't think you really did corners of any sort in usa. Which is why your car's are all crap unless your going in a straight line.

Roundabouts have become trendy here. They are part of the open concept town C-E-N-T-R-E developments to revitalize blighted urban areas or destroy nearby forests and wetlands. Monster trucks on our roads make roundabout navigation especially exciting.

Europe will always be our role model.

Last edited:

zor

Tons of rotaries in MA as well, but the idiots here don't know that the cars in the rotary have the right of way so we massholes don't yield and barge in and cause all kinds of fun traffic situations.

I've heard wonderful stories about brutal driving exams in Europe (Switzerland in particular), how I wish we had that quality level here in the states, or MA at least.

bounce5

I don't think it's generally a good idea to drive high, but I'll leave this one to scientific studies. I remember reading that if you are used to being high, then you would be more likely to drive safely. I suppose this could apply to medical users. Maybe they need a special driving test for someone that would be a medical user. Ultimately, if there is any risk of having a delayed reaction that could put the public at risk, it doesn't seem ethical to drive while high.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Didn't think you had roundabouts in America. Thought it was a Europe thing. I live next to the town with the first ever roundabout in letchworth uk.

Didn't think you really did corners of any sort in usa. Which is why your car's are all crap unless your going in a straight line.
I have a Jaguar vanden plas made in England and its very comfortable?
My German car is a very good handling car however is not as smooth as my jag!
In the 80's 911 Porsches were fun to drive in the desert as fast as you wished!

I lived in FRANCE during the 90's and spent a lot of time in England.

My French wife drives while I suck on some SHATTER thru a wax pen!

kellya86

Herb gardener...
Do you have the v12 jag? In America you can probably afford to put fuel in it. But in uk you would have to be mad as a box of frogs to consider that car. Its £1.50 a litre here. Nice jag though.

I drive an impreza turbo and that drinks enough and it's only a 2 litre.

I'm impressed with your cars. Though you all drove big American poo cars.

Edit: back to the subject. I crashed into a bus this morning after skidding my way through 100 meters of slow moving traffic after coming round a corner at 120 on a completely empty road. Then suddenly a load of traffic in the road. Now I know I should not have been goin this quick. And I wouldn't have been if id been under the influence of mj. Because it was morning and I was straight, I drove too quick and crashed. Driving high makes me a better driver.

Car was ok, managed to get it down to about 20 by the time I hit the bus. Good old impreza.

Last edited:

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Do you have the v12 jag? In America you can probably afford to put fuel in it. But in uk you would have to be mad as a box of frogs to consider that car. Its £1.50 a litre here. Nice jag though.

I drive an impreza turbo and that drinks enough and it's only a 2 litre.

I'm impressed with your cars. Though you all drove big American poo cars.

Edit: back to the subject. I crashed into a bus this morning after skidding my way through 100 meters of slow moving traffic after coming round a corner at 120 on a completely empty road. Then suddenly a load of traffic in the road. Now I know I should not have been goin this quick. And I wouldn't have been if id been under the influence of mj. Because it was morning and I was straight, I drove too quick and crashed. Driving high makes me a better driver.

Car was ok, managed to get it down to about 20 by the time I hit the bus. Good old impreza.
Gas is $3.50 per/gallon
I retired early so no commuting.

Being high driving is fine as long as it's CANNABIS!

Grim Chiclets

vap+mini(manual)=no-go :cry:
(ezmode with other people in the car with me of course)

edit: So glad I live in Michigan, it seems the drivers here are a cut above the rest (although there're still tons of morons)
I had a guy facing me in my lane while I was on the outside right passing lane in the straight part of a T intersection the other day... that was different

rotaries/roundabouts though... man people are dumb. What's a yield sign?

Grim Chiclets,
Reactions: Derrrpp

Chezgreendream

First the flavor, then the buZzz settles in....
Ive tried it, several times to see if it works out. My conclusion is that I drive differently when Im high. Especially when Im faded, I tend to sometimes fade back and forth from reality, whichnis obviously a problem. Ive even done so little that Im like nah it cant make much of a difference, but it does to me. Plus, if I ever get pulled over by the police I dont want to give them the impression that Im high, risk possible lockup and or possibly have my vehicle taken away from me. So I hold off until Im home, Or vape several hours before, so its come almost completely done.

On the other hand, I dont know. Some people function better while high. Im not one of those people.lol...ymmv.

Note.Edit** People back in my country are used to drinking and driving, though there seems less accidents than the U.S. the majority of the accidents are fatalities.

Last edited:

nosmoking

Just so Dab HAppy!
One thing that I got hung up on the other day as I was driving whilst high was all the FC members who chimed into this thread to say they have had an experience where they felt that they were too high too drive, yet they all turned around and drove back home...not one story was well I felt I was too high so I pulled over and stopped my car and got out to walk back home. To me it sounds like you were not too high too drive, but high enough to want to do something that wasn't require so much from you which is fine and all, but it does not make you incapable.

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
One thing that I got hung up on the other day as I was driving whilst high was all the FC members who chimed into this thread to say they have had an experience where they felt that they were too high too drive, yet they all turned around and drove back home...not one story was well I felt I was too high so I pulled over and stopped my car and got out to walk back home. To me it sounds like you were not too high too drive, but high enough to want to do something that wasn't require so much from you which is fine and all, but it does not make you incapable.

In my case you are almost correct......When I realized I was too high to be driving I wasn't so high as to guarantee an accident. I was so high that I increased the chances of one significantly. I made the decision to continue driving anyway and as you say...should have pulled over the first chance I got to do so safely and legally, but didn't. I haven't driven buzzed since then which is not an excuse for having done so prior. Again...this is my reality and I don't expect others to live in it.

When I was a teenager I drove while tripping on LSD and didn't have an accident....doesn't mean I should have been behind the wheel. Other than stopping and staring at a red light that was expanding and contracting until someone beeped their horn behind me ..... I got lucky that night and I got lucky the night I drove too buzzed on MJ.

nosmoking

Just so Dab HAppy!
We could compare apples and oranges all day but they won't taste the same. Alcohol, LSD and other high-risk drugs do not need to be referenced as comparisons over and over in this thread.

And my points still rests, you felt perfectly capable to drive home. You haven't chosen to drive high, but you haven't said you wouldn't if you had to. Would you be late to pick up your child because your medicine didn't completely wear off? Would you drive if someone in your home burned themself badly or cut themself while you were high (not because you were high, just while) and felt you did not have time to wait for an ambulance or first responder? In what case would you all of sudden be ok with driving high and why does that case not make an argument against your "well just cause you got away with it doesn't mean you should be able to" argument. Perhaps the fact that we can drive whilst high is reason enough for us to be able to or at least to investigate if being high is really an issue when driving.

Please note that I'm not against you or anyone else that says they don't feel they can operate a vehicle whilst high. I'm just trying to open minds towards my point of view which holds very little if any negative connotation for cannabis or it's effects.

@His_Highness Although my response is to yours, please consider it a general response that is not really directed towards you. All in all, I want a safe and happy world to live in too!

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Let someone else drive!
Relax and enjoy!

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
I wish we all could relax and let someone else drive but that isn't the case for most of us. Our spouses and partners live busy lives too. Many of us don't live on bus routes. We each need to make sure we are responsible, safe drivers.

Last edited:

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
@His_Highness Although my response is to yours, please consider it a general response that is not really directed towards you. All in all, I want a safe and happy world to live in too!

No offense taken.

But I wasn't perfectly capable that night. I was willing to drive because I was higher than I've been on weed in some time and would rather take a chance on driving home than pulling over in that state. How fucked up is that? I put myself and others in harms way because I would have been really uncomfortable pulling over that buzzed. I feel bad for having done it and I don't want it to happen again. Oh, in answer to whether I would drive high in a family emergency .... in a heartbeat.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I wish we all could relax and let someone else drive but that isn't the case for most of us. Our spouses and partners live busy lives too. Many of us don't live on bus routes. We each need to make sure we are responsible, safe drivers.
Let's be irresponsible and drive while High!

Were speaking about cannabis not alcohol?

I let others drive!

Sorry however I never have been on a bus!

Uber is an option!

Buildozer

Baked & Fried
ea8ae4855d4ba6fdcac78a623872a03d67cf4708085e45225353c7b1a000592b.jpg

Chill Dude

I respect the opinion of the zero tolerance people as well as the it's okay to drive stoned people chiming in on this thread. However, I guess I take the middle ground on this issue. I'll generally drive immediately after a few vape hits where I'm only at the mildly buzzed zone. If I'm at the moderately stoned zone, I'll wait 40 minutes to an hour or so and let the high even out before getting behind the wheel. In times of very heavy use and or Dabs where I am very stoned, I'll wait at least two hours before driving. Some may agree, some may disagree, but I think this is a reasonable approach and it works for me...

That said, I would advise newbies and the occasional user not to drive after consuming any amount of cannabis. Their tolerances are too low and they don't have enough experience to know how weed affects them.. Just my two cents...

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I respect the opinion of the zero tolerance people as well as the it's okay to drive stoned people chiming in on this thread. However, I guess I take the middle ground on this issue. I'll generally drive immediately after a few vape hits where I'm only at the mildly buzzed zone. If I'm at the moderately stoned zone, I'll wait 40 minutes to an hour or so and let the high even out before getting behind the wheel. In times of very heavy use and or Dabs where I am very stoned, I'll wait at least two hours before driving. Some may agree, some may disagree, but I think this is a reasonable approach and it works for me...

That said, I would advise newbies and the occasional user not to drive after consuming any amount of cannabis. Their tolerances are too low and they don't have enough experience to know how weed affects them.. Just my two cents...
I am considered a very heavy medicator!
It's a word I made up!

I won't drive when on anything!

nosmoking

Just so Dab HAppy!
Let someone else drive!
Relax and enjoy!
I wish I could. My better half actually prefers me to drive instead of herself, yet she knows I was just vaping because she was yelling at me to hurry up so we could leave. My better half does not partake and does not care that I do unless its one of those times that it becomes an inconvenience to her. She knows me all to well and feels completely confident in my ability to drive whilst medicated.

When I was pulled over the other week, the police officer could smell something suspicious in my car so he ask and I was honest. He knew how long ago I had vaped and was aware that I might still be under the effects. He made me do a field sobriety test which was rather embarrassing for me only because my anxiety shot through the roof and made it so that I could barely stand on my own two feet without shaking out of my shoes. I thought I did horrible on the start of the first two portions of the 3 part field test due to the extreme flare up of anxiety I was having, however the 2 officers felt I was fine to drive the rest of my way home.

I know what works for me, but that doesn't make it right and it doesn't mean it will work for others.

Oh, and UBER is not everywhere so to many it is not an option. Neither is public transportation for my commute.

Top Bottom