• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Dreamwood Glow

Dutch-Mic

Vaposhop sells this one with two batteries:

23uevdd.jpg
Wismec reuleaux Rx gen3

230 watts, 62 euros. Don't know if it's worth the price, time to take a look at the 510 box mod thread.

I appreciate the pics and help!

wisausnk

Vaposhop sells this one with two batteries:

23uevdd.jpg
Wismec reuleaux Rx gen3

230 watts, 62 euros. Don't know if it's worth the price, time to take a look at the 510 box mod thread.

I appreciate the pics and help!

The Price is too high, usualy this mod costs 45€ look for another seller the mod is nice

https://www.everzon.com/devices/box-mods.html

Everzon has great prizes ships from China in 5-7 days .

vapmanjoe

Hoi @Dutch-Mic

I bought the Wismec reuleaux Rx gen3 lately because i was thinking about a Box Mod vaporizer as well and actually i was planning to buy the Glow or Splinter, but i had to fight VAS and save funds and waiting for further opinions about the Glow. I'm confident with the Wismec, but currently only playing and using it with aroma liquids. I'm not a pro, but its a nice and sturdy device. Firstly i thought to buy it from vaposhop too, but in this case its unfortunately a little bit pricy, i bought it from this site, just an example:

https://www.riccardo-zigarette.de/WISMEC-Reuleaux-RX-GEN3-Dual-Box-Mod-230-Watt-Akkuträger

They are located in Germany but shipping to EU is free from 50€ upwards and they have a great CS.

But perhaps you will find a retailer in the Nedederlands?! Succes en tot ziens :tup:

Dutch-Mic

The Price is too high, usualy this mod costs 45€ look for another seller the mod is nice

Prices are a lot better indeed! I'm waiting until the black one is back in stock. In the meantime I bought a Wismec Sinuous V80 (€36,-) from a French webshop.

Hoi @Dutch-Mic

I bought the Wismec reuleaux Rx gen3 lately because i was thinking about a Box Mod vaporizer as well and actually i was planning to buy the Glow or Splinter, but i had to fight VAS and save funds and waiting for further opinions about the Glow. I'm confident with the Wismec, but currently only playing and using it with aroma liquids. I'm not a pro, but its a nice and sturdy device. Firstly i thought to buy it from vaposhop too, but in this case its unfortunately a little bit pricy, i bought it from this site, just an example:

https://www.riccardo-zigarette.de/WISMEC-Reuleaux-RX-GEN3-Dual-Box-Mod-230-Watt-Akkuträger

They are located in Germany but shipping to EU is free from 50€ upwards and they have a great CS.

But perhaps you will find a retailer in the Nedederlands?! Succes en tot ziens :tup:

Hoi @vapmanjoe!

I haven't found the reuleaux for a good price in the Netherlands yet, so I'm glad with the link you provided!

I was doubting too between the Splinter and Glow. I go for the Glow because I'm very happy with my other Dreamwood vapes, love the woodwork and the package comes with a wooden and glass mouthpiece.

I'm saving funds also, hopefully we can benefit from a nice 420 deal!

Dankjewel, fijne avond :D

Dutch-Mic,
Reactions: vapmanjoe

Sativapo

I got better success today in search of non glowing ss tc setup. It seems there are very different 20 awg wires on the market. This new one I got is thicker and seems of different 316l ss. It glows only a bit in the center the first time it heats up with huge and consistent vapor. After this few seconds it keeps the temp without glowing. Seems very durable to. Only downsides : it takes more time to heat up and drains more battery.

wisausnk

I don't know what is the point of getting TC working if it mostly has downsides like longer heatup and more power consumption. The glow works like a charm in wattage mode.

Sativapo

Long draws without combustion to dark brown. More even abv because in wattage it starts to scorch before being even dark all the way. Or Limiting to low temps with different effects. And much less glowing.

Last edited:

wisausnk

Long draws without combustion to dark brown. More even abv because in wattage it starts to scorch before being even dark. Or Limiting to low temps with different effects. And much less glowing.

Ok long draws I understand in wattage mode you are limited to 10/12 seconds depending on the Mod.

But my AVB is even af.

Sativapo

Ok mine is about as even but darker. In wattage I scorch it faster at the high temps I use. Before 10 sec. And have to feel when it comes and stop. In TC I can draw 15 sec with arctic fox without scorching. I guess it also depends on each ones draw style. Also now I have 2 rcv 14 and like to have different coils for change.

wisausnk

Ok mine is about as even but darker. In wattage I scorch it faster at high temps I use. Before 10 sec. In TC I can deaw 15 sec with arctic fix without scorching. I guess it also depends on each ones draw style.

Yeah draw speed wattage and even the mod I have 3 mods and everyone has it's own need in some I need only 46w on others 53w. But i also use a thicker and bigger kanthal coil

Sativapo

I can also confirm my first intuition. The wood essence plays a role. My custom grenadil (blackwood) heats more and is better in the wood chamber. Purpleheart provides more insulation and is better than grenadil with the glass stems.

Hjalmark

Oldest boy alive
Bought this couple of weeks for cbd ejuice AND a 510 dry herb log and now I can't wait until I got some extra cash to spend on the glow
15546220746043696847634700693788.jpg

But now I am seeing everyone with some fancy 3gen version of mine?

This one is going to be good enough right?

wisausnk

Bought this couple of weeks for cbd ejuice AND a 510 dry herb log and now I can't wait until I got some extra cash to spend on the glow
15546220746043696847634700693788.jpg

But now I am seeing everyone with some fancy 3gen version of mine?

This one is going to be good enough right?

Will work great no worries

nIcE

Hi,

Awesome. I just joined the club as well and I have to admit, it is kinda what I was looking for in a long time.
I lost my ArGo 2 weeks ago and was kinda bummed and looked for alternatives. As I was vaping ejuice for a while, I got some equipment laying around. So I got the glow 18. I know TC is not the best for this kind of deivce, I would love to give it a shot anyway. Do you guys mind sharing some of your expieriences with it in TC (@Daprezz)? Also what is your setup in this regard? Just loaded the tubo firmware on my reuleaux rx 2/3 to seee what cruise control and whatnot can do, but it overheats in tc mode quite fast, so I guess I am doing something wrong here. Anyway, awesome device! Thanks @Dreamwood for making these!

Cheers and happy vaping!

wisausnk

Hi,

Awesome. I just joined the club as well and I have to admit, it is kinda what I was looking for in a long time.
I lost my ArGo 2 weeks ago and was kinda bummed and looked for alternatives. As I was vaping ejuice for a while, I got some equipment laying around. So I got the glow 18. I know TC is not the best for this kind of deivce, I would love to give it a shot anyway. Do you guys mind sharing some of your expieriences with it in TC (@Daprezz)? Also what is your setup in this regard? Just loaded the tubo firmware on my reuleaux rx 2/3 to seee what cruise control and whatnot can do, but it overheats in tc mode quite fast, so I guess I am doing something wrong here. Anyway, awesome device! Thanks @Dreamwood for making these!

Cheers and happy vaping!

You should stay away from cruise mode you can burn the wood with it. The glow is made for on demand use, TC seems to work with the right settings and coils but cruise control can ruin your wooden parts..

nIcE

@wisausnk, I already did but just briefly and took it apart right away so it did not made to much harm, but totally agree. Cruise Mode can burn it, if you are not careful, especially at high wattage... Usually I will use it for my waterpipe with long steady draws. But never bad to point out!
@Abysmal Vapor I changed them to SS coils. As I am playing around with them in my "wet" atomizer as well, which seems way easier, for some reason. I guess as pointed out before the temperature algorithm is something and to fine tune your coils is the other. One of the reasons I was asking for details of others. Atm I am trying it with parallel 5 wrap SS316L staggered fused clapton with ø 4mm at ~0.2Ω installed.

Sativapo

@nIcE
Basicly I use tcr 215 in arctic fox wirh resistance locked and adapt resistance with 0.002 increments to find the temp reading that I feel matches the vapor I have. You can find my thoughts and those of @kukuruz in the thread there are not many pages.
I also use PID settings of 0, 800 and 60
I also use tubo in another device also with tcr 215. If it overheats start lowering the resistance by 0.01. And yes better not use cruise or very carefully only when you know what you're doing.

Last edited:

dxkpf

Hey FC,
VAS is acting up and I'm seriously considering picking up a Glow 14mm. I have a couple of questions though. Any help is greatly appreciated :)
  1. How well does the 14mm version work for microdosing? I'm talking like crumbs of material only. I like to do low temp hits on like .01 or so to get a slight lift.
  2. How easy is it to control the temperature in wattage mode? I don't need specific numbers, but can you get hits with <180C or even less?
  3. Has anyone here used the Imp and the Glow and can compare them in that regard (microdosing and low temp? Do they approximately perform the same?
  4. Is a single battery mod (specifically the Wismec p80) a valid choice for the glow? I would be happy with like 4+ sessions per charge.

wisausnk

Hey FC,
VAS is acting up and I'm seriously considering picking up a Glow 14mm. I have a couple of questions though. Any help is greatly appreciated :)
  1. How well does the 14mm version work for microdosing? I'm talking like crumbs of material only. I like to do low temp hits on like .01 or so to get a slight lift.
  2. How easy is it to control the temperature in wattage mode? I don't need specific numbers, but can you get hits with <180C or even less?
  3. Has anyone here used the Imp and the Glow and can compare them in that regard (microdosing and low temp? Do they approximately perform the same?
  4. Is a single battery mod (specifically the Wismec p80) a valid choice for the glow? I would be happy with like 4+ sessions per charge.

1. You can put as much herb in as you like, with the 18 that low amount would not work but the 14 with the bowl in the atty works great.
2. It's pretty easy just start at 38W and find your sweetspot going up
4. The wismec will work fine, how many sessions you get out of it depends on the sessions and battery health. I get about 20 sessions out of a dual 18650 setup

Top Bottom