Dreamwood Glow

wisausnk

So my custom Glowrcv14 and Glowrcv18 arrived today and I begin my testing on the final Produkt and will deliver my review soon.

Look at that beauty's

And here we have the 14 and 18 with custom glass mouthpiece made by @greendream.shop

Hope you enjoy the pics and if you have question I'm glad to help.

Psilocybeman

I don't understand why to make a stem with two toric joints and complicate the design, instead of a simple articulation of 18 or 14 mm that would make things much easier. Is it a business decision so that only your stems can be used?

wisausnk

Glowrcv 14 and 18 by Dreamwood Review

First I have to say that I´m one of the Beta testers for the GlowRCV. Now that I have the Final Product for some Time I’m ready to write the Review.

Let us start with the GlowRCV 14

The GlowRCV 14 is a full convection on demand vaporizer, made of wood with some Glass Parts. You will need an BoxMod with at least 50W but I prefer at least 80.

At first we have the Base. This one is the same on the 14 and 18 model:

The Base is custom made and full customizable, it comes with 2x 1.25 Ohm kanthal coils which work really good. But it’s up to you what you want to use. Cleaning is pretty easy take the 3 orings off and put the whole base in ISO for a full cleaning. For a fast clean in between I use a Brush. Remember under the Airflow ring is also an oring. We use the base in wattage mode, temperature control should be possible but we found out that for an on demand vape wattage mode works the best, you can regulate the heat with the watts and the draw speed.

The 14 model has a main difference to the 18 one. In the 14 the bowl is in the atty.

It comes provided with:

Base, wood atty, wood mouthpiece, glass mouthpiece, bong adapter, wood wax and spare parts. The set costs 95€ at the moment. Available at greendream.shop

So let’s start, we fill the bowl with our favorite flower and put the wooden mouthpiece on top. If you like to use the glass one you fill the herb in the mouthpiece.

clip_image004.jpg
Now we set up the BoxMod:

For great taste and a not too strong high I recommend to go with 43W, preheat for about 2sec and begin to draw. You can draw until your Battery shuts off, usually it takes 10-12Sec. The second hit is definitely nicer as the first one courses the vape has to heat up inside. After the first hit regulate the heat with the fire button.

If you like a strong hard hitting beast go with 50-53W and you get lots of vapor and a stronger high, comparable to 220-230 degrees Celsius.

The Glowrcv14 fits 0.1 to 0.2g of flower, the glass mouthpiece about 0.1 so the 14 is the perfect vape for micro dosing.

I’m a big fan of the Glowrcv14, it’s a really stealth, amazing looking and great tasting vape that will serve you for years.

Now let us see the GlowRCV 18

As stated above, the 18 version has the bowl in the mouthpiece, it also comes with:

Base, wood atty, wood mouthpiece, glass mouthpiece, 14mm bong adapter, wood wax and spare parts. The set costs 95€ at the moment. Available at greendream.shop

clip_image008.jpg
clip_image010.jpg

The GlowRCV 18 is a little bit taller, and it is definitely the preferred one for Bong users, the Wooden mouthpiece fits an 18 bong without any adapters. If you have a 14 Bong you can use the provided 18/14 glass bong adapter.

I get the best results between 48-53W but usually I stay at 53. The Vapor is dense and tasty. The Bowl in the wooden mouthpiece fits 0.15 to 0.3 it depends how tight you pack it. I usually pack 0.2 inside. The Glass Mouthpiece fits a little bit less.

My conclusion is, since I received my GlowRCV vaporizers I don’t use any other beside my butane DLX for my bong. It’s my daily driver and it really is so stealth no one gets that it is an Herb vape, everyone thinks it’s an e-juice vaporizer made of wood. So it’s really great for ppl that live in illegal states or countries.

You find here a Video of me showing off the beutys

wisausnk

Anyone tried temp control with this one ?

It works the same way as in every other 510 mod vaporizer. You need a coil that works with the custom firmware and boxmod. It just don't works from the get go, @Dreamwood just keeps it simple for everyone and geeks that are interested in experiment with TC know what to do usually.

Last edited:
wisausnk,
Reactions: Sativapo

Sativapo

@wisausnk, I know that theoretically. I am asking because my experience with ecig mods and atomizers tells me that some bases function less because the conductivity is less stable and gives inconsistent resistance numbers.
Another question : as the 18 mm one takes material in the stem and 14 mm directly in the chamber, plant touches about the same screen surface for both ? (hope that's clear enough)

wisausnk

@wisausnk, I know that theoretically. I am asking because my experience with ecig mods and atomizers tells me that some bases function less because the conductivity is less stable and gives inconsistent resistance numbers.
Another question : as the 18 mm one takes material in the stem and 14 mm directly in the chamber, plant touches about the same screen surface for both ? (hope that's clear enough)

Here is the 14 and 18 together the 18 has a little bit bigger screen surface

Sativapo

Also one last thing, do you have the dimensions of the mouthpiece and stem screens for respectively the 14 and 18 ? This must be about the same... Cause the stem walls cut some weed surface in the 18 one. I wiil wait a bit for feedbacks, cause I can't decide yet which one I would prefer. But I think the choice will be more about if someone prefers loading the stem or the chamber. it must change the packing possibilities beetween the 2.

Sativapo,

wisausnk

Also one last thing, do you have the dimensions of the mouthpiece and stem screens for respectively the 14 and 18 ? This must be about the same... Cause the stem walls cut some weed surface in the 18 one. I wiil wait a bit for feedbacks, cause I can't decide yet which one I would prefer. But I think the choice will be more about if someone prefers loading the stem or the chamber. it must change the packing possibilities beetween the 2.

They are a bit different the 14mm is a little bit smaller than 18

deadlytoaster

Canadian lost in Europe
Thanks for all those pics! Could you post a sidebyside of the Glows on a mod to show their size? Trying to decide on the 14mm and 18mm myself! I value portability but also like the fact the 18mm uses a universal joint and has a bigger bowl.

Thankz

deadlytoaster,

wisausnk

Thanks for all those pics! Could you post a sidebyside of the Glows on a mod to show their size? Trying to decide on the 14mm and 18mm myself! I value portability but also like the fact the 18mm uses a universal joint and has a bigger bowl.

Thankz

You welcome but take in consideration that my 18mm has a about 5mm shorter mouthpiece as the regular one

Sativapo

I Have another question. How low can you load the 14 one and keep it effective ( 0.05-0.07 g for example) ? If you load in the basket screen of the glass stem that must contain less does it still work ? Weed must end there anyway with suction I guess.
I am taking my time as I am waiting for the mistvape IMP, but I think I'm definitely getting one of these sooner or later as I am familiar with rebuildables and airflow control is a real plus (+ Europe + fair price).

@wisausnk is your custom mouthpiece blackwood or ebony ? I would love a glow in a black wood like that.

Edit : what a coincidence I was writing about he custom wood at the same time you asked this ! Blackwood main body and stem would be awesome. Does he make custom devices ? I would be ready to pay a bit more for that.

The custom glass looks nice, I wil get a similar one with the IMP I am waiting for.

Last edited:
Sativapo,
Reactions: wisausnk

wisausnk

I Have another question. How low can you load the 14 one and keep it effective ( 0.05-0.07 g for example) ? If you load in the basket screen of the glass stem that must contain less does it still work ? Weed must end there anyway with suction I guess.
I am taking my time as I am waiting for the mistvape IMP, but I think I'm definitely getting one of these sooner or later as I am familiar with rebuildables and airflow control is a real plus.

@wisausnk is your custom mouthpiece blackwood or ebony ? I would love a glow in a black wood like that.

It is a big plus, in the glass mouthpiece fits about 0.07 I would say, i use it thru the day for micro dose on the 18 and get with 53W about 5 draws out of it.

The picture is from the 18 one but the 14 one has a deeper bow so it takes the same amount

30 sided dice online

kukuruz

I always wanted a 510 powered vape since I've been vaping e-juice for several years now. I own the DLX pro and really like it, so I thought I give the Glow a shot. Ordered the Zebrano version and it looks absolutely gorgeous! It is so beautiful and well designed. And after two bowls I can say: this thing rips!

Taste is convection top notch, the AVB is quite light brown and even, no charring at 43W.

So, my conclusion: wow! :clap::tup::peace:

kukuruz

After a week of use I would like to add some more things here.

First, I would have never thought that the Glow could replace my Omni Vapcap and my Mighty. But honestly, I had no motivation to use any of these even once in the last week. The Glow took good care of me in every possible situation. The wooden mouthpiece for a stealthy quick hit when on the go, the cooling glass stem for portable home use and the 14mm wpa for late night sessions with my bubbler covers every use scenario for me.

After reading a lot of posts regarding the glowing coils i tried to get temperature control working yesterday. Just to be clear, I personally have no problem with a glowing coil as long as it doesn't affect taste. And with the Kanthal coil the Glow comes shipped with, thre was no metallic taste at all, just pure bud taste. I had some 0.5mm ss316 24 gauge wire here so I made 3mm coils with 7.5 wraps which ended up with a resistance of .281. I use a Evic Vtwo mini with Tubo firmware. Dialed in a Tcr of 240 after some testing and now I get pretty good vapor from a range from 180°C to 225°C.

TC is not a must for the Glow for sure, but I think it is nice to have ;-)

Glow on!:clap::lol:

Sativapo

After a week of use I would like to add some more things here.

First, I would have never thought that the Glow could replace my Omni Vapcap and my Mighty. But honestly, I had no motivation to use any of these even once in the last week. The Glow took good care of me in every possible situation. The wooden mouthpiece for a stealthy quick hit when on the go, the cooling glass stem for portable home use and the 14mm wpa for late night sessions with my bubbler covers every use scenario for me.

After reading a lot of posts regarding the glowing coils i tried to get temperature control working yesterday. Just to be clear, I personally have no problem with a glowing coil as long as it doesn't affect taste. And with the Kanthal coil the Glow comes shipped with, thre was no metallic taste at all, just pure bud taste. I had some 0.5mm ss316 24 gauge wire here so I made 3mm coils with 7.5 wraps which ended up with a resistance of .281. I use a Evic Vtwo mini with Tubo firmware. Dialed in a Tcr of 240 after some testing and now I get pretty good vapor from a range from 180°C to 225°C.

TC is not a must for the Glow for sure, but I think it is nice to have ;-)

Glow on!:clap::lol:
I am waiting for my custom RCV14 ! I'm surprised you had to dial 240 for TCR because on the IMP it works with 185-190 for SS coils.... maybe the wood vs ss base plays a role...

Sativapo,

wisausnk

I think temperature control goes a bit against the on demand function of the glow but nice to hear that it works and ppl interested in this topic can find some help here

wisausnk,

Sativapo

On demand and TC go really well together in my experience. It's just the same but more precise and allows finishing the bowl with really long draws near combustion while beeing sure you don't combust (once you found out at what temp your device combusts). With wattage your temp doesn't stay kind of stable but increases, if you're too greedy and draw a little longer you can finish in "ganja pipe" mode :lol::leaf:...

wisausnk

On demand and TC go really well together in my experience. It's just the same but more precise and allows finishing the bowl with really long draws near combustion while beeing sure you don't combust (once you found out at what temp your device combusts). With wattage your temp doesn't stay kind of stable but increases, if you're too greedy and draw a little longer you can finish in "ganja pipe" mode :lol::leaf:...

Maybe I trie it out on my 14, but to be honest on the 18 I finish a bowl with 2 hits near combustion on 46W ✌

wisausnk,

Sativapo

I suspect that with your kind of use it doesn't change much indeed. But I am used to take at least 5-6 hits of a bowl even microdosed starting at low temps, finishing near cobustion. I start with 2 or three long draws at small temps that give huge "thc potent" clouds for exemple. This would be more difficult with power mode. Anyway, every device and user is different, I'll try it first when I'll get it and than give my feedback.

Sativapo,

kukuruz

I am waiting for my custom RCV14 ! I'm surprised you had to dial 240 for TCR because on the IMP it works with 185-190 for SS coils.... maybe the wood vs ss base plays a role...
I was surprised too at first, I started with Tcr of 180 and went my way up. But honestly, I got so high in the name of science, that I should maybe repeat the tests tonight. :rockon:

Top Bottom