Dreamwood Glow

MrKappus

I was thinking about picking up a cooling mouthpiece from the vgoodiez 420 sale, and was wondering if the jack pods fit inside of it. Does anyone use both together? thanks!

GerVn_Vap0rist

GerVn_Vap0rist

thank you! I am loving this thing more every day. I already had two friends buy one after hearing me rave about it.

yes the glow is amazing I love it and the guys from dreamwood do an amazing job. Woodwork and service is on top level! I just like to buy their stuff.It always activates the VAS in me haha :lol:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Damn every time there are sales going on I remember I am still interested in trying one of these... Thinking of going for the 14 since I have so many 18 already, and loading directly in the wood bowl would be pretty cool... Also any excuse to order from @VGOODIEZ honestly

Jacer

Damn every time there are sales going on I remember I am still interested in trying one of these... Thinking of going for the 14 since I have so many 18 already, and loading directly in the wood bowl would be pretty cool... Also any excuse to order from @VGOODIEZ honestly
I got the 14 for the reason of loading into the body and honestly I love it. It makes stirring the bowl so easy, and loading/unloading the bowl is super quick as well. Would highly recommend it!

Shit Snacks

I got the 14 for the reason of loading into the body and honestly I love it. It makes stirring the bowl so easy, and loading/unloading the bowl is super quick as well. Would highly recommend it!

Yup your posts helped push me there! I actually haven't been stirring much anymore these days, since I have some temp controlled vapes that extract very evenly with glass stem pure convection now... But I dig how I can use glass stems too in the 14, maybe without stirring, though yeah I've been wanting an on demand pure convection vape where I can load a bowl like some I used to use... I already have plenty of mods for this too, and yeah the price during this 420 sale at @VGOODIEZ! Went with a curvy zebrawood and long cooling stem as well

Jacer

Yup your posts helped push me there! I actually haven't been stirring much anymore these days, since I have some temp controlled vapes that extract very evenly with glass stem pure convection now... But I dig how I can use glass stems too in the 14, maybe without stirring, though yeah I've been wanting an on demand pure convection vape where I can load a bowl like some I used to use... I already have plenty of mods for this too, and yeah the price during this 420 sale at @VGOODIEZ! Went with a curvy zebrawood and long cooling stem as well
Great to hear I'm sure you'll like it! And you don't actually have to stir and it still roasts fine if you don't, I just like doing so as I find you do get the fullest extraction that way.

LabPong

I am really interested in one of the 18's. I have tried the Mi, Splinter Z and V1.

Wondering about the vapor taste in comparison to the RBT oven areas. I will be using a DDave ultimate cooling stem with the load in that joint end.

Will I be able to taste the wood oven area? I am pretty sensitive to taste...so I'm only hesitant on this vape for that reason.

Jacer

I am really interested in one of the 18's. I have tried the Mi, Splinter Z and V1.

Wondering about the vapor taste in comparison to the RBT oven areas. I will be using a DDave ultimate cooling stem with the load in that joint end.

Will I be able to taste the wood oven area? I am pretty sensitive to taste...so I'm only hesitant on this vape for that reason.
For me I would say that yeah it definitely has a sort of woody flavor to it that isn't present in something like my Splinter Z, to be honest I enjoy it though.

GerVn_Vap0rist

well I think it has a bit of woody taste but I really like it, overall for flavor it beats my mighty! With the cooling mp there will be less woody taste and bigger clouds :lol::D

yogurtsauce

Last edited:
yogurtsauce,
Reactions: dimmusp

MrKappus

I am a new Glow user, but a long time log owner. When using the wooden stem you get a wood taste similar to a desktop log vape. I personally love it and it's one of the many reasons I go for this style.

When i have used the provided glass stem i find the taste almost not noticeable and only taste the material i am vaporizing.

Im not sure if others notice a difference based on the stem they use, but i personally do.

Sativapo

After testing all types of crazy ss coils and also temp control I came back to similar coils as the initial kanthal 26 gauge and wattage. I find the bigger ss ones give bigger hits but take longer time to heat as said above. So they degrade faster and heat the wood and the mod a bit too much, use more batterry. Also the overall using time to finish a bowl counting the heat up time isn't shorter. Also the pulse method at high wattage is very convenient to finish a bowl fast. BUT it's definitely nice to play around with coil setups and find different vape signatures.

For the taste part : Ok I love my grenadil special and purple heart rcv 14s but they are definitely woody wapes, very sturdy and convenient but not the cleanest taste. I love the fact that each wood gives it's own identity to the taste ( less with the glass stem indeed) and heating profile. The metal base heats a lot and gets easily dirty from slightly charred weed/ dust that impacts also the taste ( unless you clean it each time of course).
That being said I let the base get dirty because the RCV 14 chamber and wood mouthpiece works ok with very low maintenance and that's definitely a plus compared to vapes you have to clean every few bowls.

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Let me know how it turns out for you...I was thinking to use the Ultimate cooling stem on one.

To be clear I only ordered the Glow14 so can't test that exactly, won't be able to use all my 18mm stems with it unfortunately (why I got their cooling stem too). I did get zebrawood which I am hoping is more neutral tasting than say some strong walnut or purpleheart... I'm also not planning to touch my coils at all, I want to give the standard kanthal a fair shake in wattage (I have other vapes for TC) and my hands probably will not be able to deal with the deck or forming coils too well so hope it's fine.

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: Sativapo

MrKappus

any tips on separating the wooden body from the coil base? I would like to clean it out, but pulling isn't working and i dont want to damage anything. thanks!

yogurtsauce

any tips on separating the wooden body from the coil base? I would like to clean it out, but pulling isn't working and i dont want to damage anything. thanks!

pull on it harder. And then put wood wax on the o rings before replacing the wood

yogurtsauce,
Reactions: MrKappus

MrKappus

thanks will add the wax! heating up a lot first helped a lot in case anyone else was curious.

Now that it's out, im noticing some very dark char marks in the wood where the coils are. Is this safe / normal?

(photo shows one of the marks, but there is another identical one on the opposite side)

IMG-3797.jpg

Last edited:

VGOODIEZ

Home of the Heavies
Retailer
thanks will add the wax! heating up a lot first helped a lot in case anyone else was curious.

Now that it's out, im noticing some very dark char marks in the wood where the coils are. Is this safe / normal?

(photo shows one of the marks, but there is another identical one on the opposite side)

IMG-3797.jpg
Been using these a good while and never seen char like that. You are likely pushing it too hard. You can reach out to Dreamwood and see what they say.

Top Bottom